英语单项知识的讲解与练习(94)

英语单项知识的讲解与练习(94)

466. choose 的用法

choose 选择。

例句:

①He will choose banking as his career.他将选择银行业做为职业。 ②He chose not to go home until later.他决定晚一点才回家。 ③Have you chosen where to go? 你选定去哪儿了吗? ④I do not choose running. 我不打算跑。

⑤He chose that we should stay. 他要我们留下

短语: These books are for you to choose (后要加:from, among, out of)这些书供你挑选;choose between A and B 从A、B中选一个;cannot choose but (do) 只得;choose three from/ among/ out of these books 从这些书中挑选三本;choose A before B 挑A不挑B;choose somebody something 替某人挑选某物;choose somebody (as/ for/ to be) our team leader 挑选某人当队长;choose … for 选……作为;choose to do something选定、愿意做某事; choose as〔for〕 把…选作;

用法:①choose作“选择”解时可接名词、代词、带或不带疑问词的动词不定式、动名词、that/wh-从句作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词for的宾语。choose还可接以“to be/as+ n. ”或以动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。 choose作“决定,选定”解时,可接动词不定式或that/wh-从句作宾语,而不接名词或代词作宾语,不可用于被动结构。choose后接的that从句须用虚拟语气。

②choose作“喜欢; 宁愿”解时,可以搭用before, instead of或more than引起的短语来构成选择比较结构。

比较: choose 挑选,强调以个人意志判断的抉择。如:Choose me a good one, please.

choice 一般只限于两者之间的选择。如:I have a choice between “go” and “come”.

select 挑选,强调在同一种或不同种类的许多东西中进行有目的的精选或淘汰。如:You may select those books you like best.

pick (out) 与choose, select 同义,指按个人的喜好或希望做选择,有“仔细挑剔、苛刻地选择”等意味。如:Pick out what you like from these.

练习:

①There are five pairs ___, but I’m at a loss which to buy.

A. to be chosen B. to choose from

C. to choose D. for choosing

②___ but keep silent over the matter in order not to lose his present job.

A. He had no choice B. There was no other choice for him

C. He didn’t have any choiceD. There was nothing for him to do

③The couple next door were quarreling all night long so I had no choice but ___ awake till dawn.

A. lie B. to lie C. lay D. to lay

④The key ___ as captain is that you must have the outstanding ability of leadership.

A. to choosing B. to choose C. to be chosen D. to being chosen

467. civil的用法

civil国内的,公民的,文明的。

例句:

①The law shall strictly protect civil rights.法律应严格保护公民的权利。 ②The presence of the army should act as a check on civil unrest.军队的存在应能制止民间的动乱。

③The boy was so cold and even didn't return a civil greeting.那个男孩是那么的冷淡,他甚至都没有回敬一个礼貌的问候。

④The America Civil War broke out during the presidency of Lincoln.在林肯就职其间,美国爆发了内战。

⑤I am working on a master's degree in civil architecture.我在攻读民用建筑专业的硕士学位。

短语:a civil engineer 土木工程师;civil engineering土木工程;engineer a bridge设计桥梁;civil service 文官(总称);civil society 文明社会;civil war 内战;civil to offer the help 有礼貌的提供帮助;civil to strangers 对陌生人有礼貌;

用法:①civil的基本含意是“公民的,平民的”,也可作“非军职的,非宗教的; 国民间的,民用的; 民事的,民法的”解,常用作定语,无比较级和最

高级形式。

②civil还可作“文明的,有教养的”解,常与介词of或to连用,可用于比较等级。

练习:

①Du Li was admitted into the Science and civil ___ College of Shandong after the 28th Athens Olympic Games.

A. Engineer B. Engineering C. Engine D. Engaging

②The American Civil War ____ in 1861.

A. happened B. took place C. occurred D. broke out ③The people should have their ___ rights each.

A. person’s B. people’s C. civil D. civil’s

④The Chinese people are working hard to build up a ___ society.

A. civil B. civilization C. civilize D. civilizable

468. close的用法

close关、闭、亲密的、靠近的、靠近。

例句:

①He soon brought the meeting to a close.他很快就结束了会见。 ②They live quite close.他们住得很近。

③The church is close to the school.教堂在学校附近。

④If you close your eyes, you can't see anything.如果你闭上眼睛,就什么也看不见了。

⑤The road was closed to traffic for two days.这条路已经封路两天了。 短语:get/ be close to接近;stand close to站……的近旁;close friends亲密的朋友;have a close relation with同……有密切的关系;close at hand近在咫尺;live close by住在附近;come/ bring to a close 结束、终止;close down/ up关闭;close on/ upon 接近、差不多;close in 围拢、逼近;close about笼罩……周围;close the door(s) to somebody/ something朝着……关上大门、不给……机会;

用法:①close可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,后接名词或代词作宾语,可用于被动结构。用作不及物动词时,主动形式可含有被动意义。

②close在句中可用作定语或表语,其后常加介词to。

③close可修饰动态动词或其他副词,也常修饰介词短语或形容词。 ④close后常接介词of, 表示“…的结束”。

比较:close to接近、邻近、靠近; close是形容词或副词, to是介词,用在动词等后面, to后接表示地点或场所的名词,若接表示某方面的名词,则用 in。 be close to接近、邻近;get close to接近、靠近;be close in age年龄很接近;at the close of在……结束时;bring … to a close结束;close与 closely都可作副词,当意思为“紧紧”时,两者可换用;当意为“近地”, close指场所的接近、邻近、挨近;closely指状况或人际关系的“密切”;当意为“严格、仔细、严密、密切”时,只用 closely。如:Watch closely what I do./ This problem is closely related with that one.

练习:

①She came ___ him and whispered sth into his ear.

A. close to B. closely to C. far away D. far from

②After they had watched many sleepers ___, researchers came to a conclusion that people sleep with their eyes ___ but not all the time.

A. close; closely B. closely; close

C. close; closed D. closely; closed

③I wonder why he kept his mouth ___ while the police were looking into the accident.

You said it. In fact he is ___ related to the matter.

A. close; close B. closing; closely C. shut; closely D. closed; nearly ④It was very cold so they stayed ___ together to keep warm.

A. close B. closed C. closely D. close to

⑤He sat ___ against the wall and listened to the teacher ___.

A. close; close B. closely; closely C. closely; close D. close; closely ⑥If the firms failed to make enough money, they would ___.

A. close down B. call off C. turn down D. set off

469. doubtful 的用法

doubtful (adj) 可疑的, 令人生疑的,不太相信的;含糊的, 例句:

①It is doubtful whether it is true or not.这件事的真假是可疑的。

②The fact that he won the first place is doubtful.他得了第一名是让人可疑的。

③He is an author of doubtful reputation.他是一位名声不太好的作家。 ④The ethics of his decision are doubtful.他的这一决定是否合乎道德规范值得怀疑。

短语:doubtful prognosis预后可疑,预后难定...; doubtful operation原因不茂作,原因不明...;doubtful circuit可疑电路; doubtful loan可疑放款;doubtful breach可疑犯规动作...; be doubtful about对 ... 感到疑惑...;doubtful debts provision预提坏账准备...;doubtful assets可疑资产; doubtful debts可疑债务;

用法:①doubtful后接介词about, of 或as to, 表示“怀疑”。如:I am doubtful about his ability to do that kind of work./ I am doubtful as to what I ought to do.

②doubtful作“怀疑的,不能肯定的”解时,可接由where, what, whether等引导的短语或从句。

③在“It is doubtful”之后常接whether或if引导的从句,用于疑问或否定结构时, doubtful可搭用it的同位结构的that从句。

练习:

①It is highly _______ that he come here tomorrow to join us.

A.desirable B.doubtful C.good D.wanted

②It remains doubtful _____the subway in Jinan will have been completed by 2020.

A.how B.when C.whether D.where

③It is doubtful _____ the old man will recover from the operation.

A. that B.whether C. which D. when

④I am doubtful _____ the propriety of granting such a request.

A. of B. on C. from D. about

470. economical的用法

economical经济的、节约的;

例句:

①We are advocate economical life.我们提倡俭朴的生活。

②This is not an economical method of heating.这不是一种经济的取暖方式。

③She writes novels with economical style.她以简练的风格写小说。 ④She is economical in her use of salt when cooking.她烹饪时用盐很少。

短语:an economical person节俭的人;an economical stove经济炉;economical style简练的文体;fairly economical相当节俭;habitually economical节俭成习;methodically economical妥善利用;economical of fuel节省燃料;economical of one's energy〔money〕省精力〔钱〕; 用法:economical后接of,表示“节省??的、节约??的”。如: He does more than others because he is economical of time and energy. 比较: economical, economic, economy, financial四个词都可以表示“经

济的”。economic除指“经济的”(即与国计民生有关的)外,还表示“经济上有收益的,有利可图的”; economical指“节约的,精打细算的”; financial指“财政的,财务的,财力的”; economy作形容词用在名词前面,构成名词短语,其含意相当于economical。

练习:

①The car is quite ________ of petrol.

A. economicB. economicalC. savingD. sparing

②Students with _______ problems may apply for student loans.

A. economic B.financial C.male D.economical

③Diesel is the more economical _____ fuel on a pound per horse power basis.

A. of B. with C. in D. by

④This car is economical _____ because it doesn't use much fuel.

A. by running B. in running C.running D.to run

Keys:

466. BDBD

467. BDCA

468. ADCADA

469. ACBD

470. BBCD

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:太和中学高三数学文科期末模拟试卷二
  • 下一篇:专题六西方人文精神的起源及其发展训练