英语单项知识的讲解与练习(69)

英语单项知识的讲解与练习(69)

341、available的用法

available可利用的、可达到的、有效的;

例句:

①Do you have a room available?你们有空房间吗?

②The swimming pool is available only in summer.这个游泳池只在夏天开放。

③All sorts of lamps are available in that shop.在那家商店可买到各式各样的灯具。

④The Prime Minister was not available for comment.首相无暇作出评论。 ⑤When will the plumber be available?管道工什么时候有空?

短语:employ all available means用尽所有办法、千方百计;sb be not available某人不在;make oneself available 使自己可以效劳;make sth available 使某事可利用,使某事可获得;available for 可供…之用的,有效期为,能参加〔出席〕…的;available for export 可供出口的;available for a meeting 能参加会议的;available for three months 有效期为3个月;available to 对…可获得的;

用法:①available后接for,表示可供的范围、时间或用处等。如:The book is available for conference.后接to,介词的宾语多为人,表示“某人可得到或利用”。如:The serum(血清) is available to the general public(一般公众). 作定语时,常后置。如:I will send you all particulars (细节)available.

②available作“现成可用的; 在手边的; 闲着的”解时不用于比较级。 ③available用作表语时,其后还可接动词不定式,该不定式的主动形式可表示主动意义,也可表示被动意义。

练习:

①My brother would like to buy a good watch but _____was available from that shop.

A.nothing B.none C.no one D.neither

②Interest is as _____to learning as the ability to understand,even more so.

A.vital B.available C.specific D.similar

③—Can you lend me the book Gone with the Wind?

—Sorry.I returned it to the library just now.Maybe it is still _____.

A.available B.affordable C.acceptable D.valuable

④—May I speak to Mr.Smith?

—I am afraid not. He is at a meeting now.It’s not _____.

A.reliable B.convenient C.beneficial D.available

⑤I can’t understand why some graduates wouldn’t go to rural areas of our country where large quantities of jobs are _____.

A.present B.suitable C.available D.convenient ⑥—Hello!Friendship Hotel.Can I help you?

—Do you have a room with a double bed _____for Saturday?

A.available B.empty C.possible D.useful

⑦John once worked in a remote mountain village school,which is _____only on foot.

A.acceptable B.accessible C.available D.appropriate

⑧Wolves are very _____:they can live in forests,on open plains,or in the snows of the Arctic.

A.adaptable B.adoptable C.available D.accessible

⑨While college graduates _____a lack of available jobs,factories are facing difficulties in hiring workers.

A.carry through B.complain of C.bring about D.break in ⑩—Are these seats available?

—Sorry, sir. The seats _____.

A.have reservedB.are reserved C.reserved

D.are reserving

342、award的用法

award (v/ n) 奖励、奖品、奖金、助学金;

例句:

①It is impossible to honor her with the award.奖品授给她是不可能的。 ②The child smiled at his teacher as he received the award.孩子接过奖品时朝老师微笑着。

③The university awarded him an honorary degree.这所大学授给他名誉学位。

④The champion was awarded the gold medal.冠军被授予了金牌。

短语:award a prize to sb授奖予某人;award sb the title of Combat Hero授予某人以战斗英雄的称号;be aware that/ wh-从句 察觉到、意识到; as far as I’m aware据我所知;

用法:award可有双宾语,表示“授予某人某物”。如:They awarded him the prize. 其宾语后接to,表示授予对象;接for表示授予原因。如:We award medals to the men for their bravery.

比较:award既可作动词也可作名词,指为鼓励在工作中达到或完成所提出的要求或条件的人而进行的奖励,往往强调荣誉而不在乎奖品的大小或奖金的多少。

prize为名词,多指在各类竞赛、竞争或抽彩中所赢得的奖。这种奖赏有的凭能力获得,有的凭运气获得。

reward既可作动词也可作名词,指对某人的工作或服务等的报答。也指因帮助警察抓到罪犯或帮助失主找到东西而得到的赏金、酬金。 练习:

①After hours of searching,our patience was finally _____and we found the lost kid.

A.rewarded B.awarded C.required D.balanced

②Mo Yan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2012,_____made one of the Chinese people’s long-held dreams come true.

A.it B.that C.what D.which

③_____Mo Yan had been awarded the 2012 Nobel prize for Literature

made us very proud.

A.As B.That C.Which D.What

④_____ Mo Yan had been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature made us Chinese very proud.

A. What B. Which C. That D. Whether

⑤The Swedish academy announced in Stockholm on October 11 that Mo Yan would receive the 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature,_____ him the first Chinese national to win the award.

A. making B. to make C. having made D. made

⑥Tom’s father made a promise that he would give him a(n)_____if he passed the college entrance examination.

A. award B. prize C. reward D. profit

⑦The police would offer a(n)_____to anyone who could give some information about the robbery.

A. reward

B. award C. prize D. Bonus

343、aware的用法

aware 意识到的、知道的;awareness (n)意识、察觉;

例句:

①If you were aware of all that, you would change your mind.如果你知道了那一切,你会改变主意的。

②Then he became aware that they were regarding him with interest.这时,

他意识到他们都在饶有兴趣地看着他。

短语:be aware of知道、意识到;become aware of发觉、开始意识到; make sb.aware that-clause提醒某人注意??; make sb.aware of ...让某人注意到??;quite aware 很清楚;very aware 十分清楚的;

用法:①aware后可接of或that从句。如:He is aware of her presence.他知道她会出席。He is aware that we are here.他意识到我们在这。 ②aware用在how,what,when等词前时,aware后的of可省略。如:I am not aware how long he has lived here.我不知道他在这住了多久了。 ③aware作为表语形容词,通常用well来修饰aware,而不是very。如:I am well aware of that.我知道这事。aware不用于比较等级。 ④aware是表语形容词,常接of短语或名词从句。aware of后接除what以外的wh-从句时of可省略。aware后接that从句可看作是aware of the fact that...省略了the fact。

练习:

①Lack of _____of culture difference to local customs can cause problems.

A.existence B.revolution C.awareness D.evidence

②_____some students are not aware of is _____difficult life can be if they are not devoted to study.

A.That; how B.Which; what C.What; what D.What; how ③It’s not easy to change habits,_____with awareness and self-control,it is possible.

A.for B.or C.but D.so

④The fact that so many people still smoke in public places _____that we may need a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of the risks of smoking.

A.suggest B.suggests C.suggested D.suggesting

⑤I have battled with my _____over whether I should actually send this letter.

A. mind B. conscience C. consciousness D. awareness

⑥Two victims of the car accident, who have gone _____from their loss of blood, have been sent to hospital.

A. fascinated B. awkward C. unconscious D. Aware

344、awkward的用法

awkward (adj)设计不当的、别扭的、不灵活的;

例句:

①It's a little awkward, because he's my friend but I'm still his boss.他是我朋友,而我又是他老板,这真有点尴尬。

②He felt awkward and uncomfortable.他感到尴尬和不舒服。

③He seemed as awkward and rough as ever.他跟从前一样拙笨和粗鲁。 ④The handle of this teapot has an awkward shape.这茶壶把儿的形状真别扭。

⑤The heavy ax was awkward to use.这把重斧头不好用。

短语:be awkward with chopsticks用筷子不太熟悉;in an awkward situation处境尴尬;an awkward customer难对付的家伙;awkward at 在…方面技巧拙劣的;awkward at tennis 网球技术很差;awkward for 对…不便的;awkward in 在…方面技巧拙劣的;awkward in one's movements 动作笨拙;

用法:awkward后接at 或in,表示“笨拙”,介词宾语为名词或动名词,多指物或事。如: He was awkward in everything he did. 后接with,表示“笨拙”,介词宾语多为表示工具的名词。如:She was awkward with a needle.

练习:

①Two victims of the car accident, who have gone _____from their loss of blood, have been sent to hospital.

A. fascinated B. awkward C. unconscious D. aware

②In order to be a strong and effective partner with the Asia Pacific region, American president Obama thinks it absolutely _____to have a strong relationship with China.

A. vital B. potential C. specific D. awkward

③The shy girl felt___and uncomfortable when she could not answer her teacher’s questions.

A. amazed B. awkward C. curious D. amused

④The child feels awkward _____ strangers.

A. at B. on C. in D. with

345、assign的用法

assign vt.分配, 指派; v.赋值;

例句:

①All the students are assigned to suitable jobs.所有的学生都分到了合适的工作。

②For example, you might assign each order a unique order number.例如,可能会为每个订单分配一个唯一的订单号。

③After establishing roles, you can assign individual users to a role.建立角色后,可以将各个用户分配到角色。

④For each class, you have to assign an instance name.对于每个类,您都必须指定一个实例名称。

短语:assign a job to sb 把一项工作交给某人;assign a mission 布置一项任务;assign each person a task 分配每人一件工作;assign homework 布置作业;assign for 确定…的(日期等),找出…的(原因);assign a cause for sb's illness 确定某人的病因;assign a day for a meeting 确定开会日期;

用法:①assign的宾语后接介词 for,表示“确定”。如: It's difficult to assign a cause for the failure. 宾语后接to,表示分派的内容、地点、对象等,或造成的原因。如: They assigned several people to making films.

②assign也可作“指派,选派”解,指委派某人去做某事或分配某人到某

岗位去工作,后常接动词不定式作宾语补足语或介词to引起的短语。 ③assign还可作“指定,订出”解,指确定时间、地点、用途或说出原因、理由等,后接介词to或for,常用于被动结构中; 有时还可接as+ n. 充当补足语的复合宾语。

练习:

①In recent years, parents have been _____a great deal of importance to the education of their children.

A. attaching B. attracting C. attacking D. assigning

②_______ for your laziness,you could have finished the assignment by now.

A. Had it not been B. It were not C. Weren’t it D. Had not it been

③It is well-known that the retired workers in our country are ____ free medical care.

A. entitled to B. involved in C. associated with D. assigned to ④Over a third of the population was estimated to have no ____ to the health service.

A.assessment B. assignment C. exception D. access

⑤The old couple ______ to adopt a boy and a girl through they already had three of their own.

A. determined C. assigned B. settled D. decided

⑥I don’t think it advisable that Tom ________ to the job since he has no experience.

A.is assigned B.will be assigned C.be assigned D.has been assigned ⑦Over a third of the population was estimated to have no ________ to the health service.

A.assessmentB.assignmentC.exceptionD.access

⑧A 1994 World Bank report concluded that ______girls in school was probably the single most effective anti-poverty policy in the developing world today.

A.assigning B.admitting C.involving D.enrolling

Keys:

341. BAABC ABABB

342. ADBCACA

343. CDCBBC

344. CABD

345. AAADDCDD

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:2014年高一数学必修1第一章测试题及答案
  • 下一篇:江苏省启东中学高中英语 Unit 4 Law and order Word study教案