湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(7)

湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(7)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A.B.C和D项中,选出最佳选项。

Money is all surrounding us.Every day, we see it, use it, and it is on the tip of our tongue.Did you ever stop to take into consideration where the money that you carry around every day comes from?

Making new money is a very unique job and no easy task.It has up to 65 steps. When the money in circulation(流通)gets dirty and worn out, it is replaced with new money. The old money is taken from banks and brought to places where it is destroyed. Usually, the old money is burned. The burned money is replaced by new paper money.If old money is being replaced, then new money is printed in a place called a mint(造币厂).Large sheets of paper are printed with many pictures of some currency (流通货币).These large sheets are cut into individual bills.The individual bills are then put together in big stacks and then sent to banks.

Sometimes the mint will make a new bill with a new picture (portraits of statesman and places of interest are favoured)or a new colour. It is not easy for the government to make a new bill. It takes a long time, and there are many steps to go through before a new bill can be sent to banks, First, people in the government decide that a new kind of bill is needed. Then, they ask an artist to design the new bill.A different artist cuts the new picture into a soft piece of metal called a die.The dies are made and put onto large printing machines.Then, very special paper is used, which no one but the mint can have.Along with this special paper, the mint also prints currency using special colours.After the dies print the new currency onto the paper, the bills are cut, stacked, and sent off to the banks.

1.From the passage we know that

A.banks make new money B.it takes 65 procedures to make new money C.mints decide what kind of bill is needed D.old money that is not used is forever stored in a special place

2.We can infer from the passage that a die is ____

A.something for dead people

B.a special machine that prints the money C.a special piece of paper that the money is made from

D.a piece of metal that puts the picture on the money

- 1 -

3.'Which of the following shows the right order of dealing with new money?

①New money is printed in a mint. ②Bills are cut from large sheets of special paper. ③New money is sent in large amounts to banks. ④The government decides to make new money. A.①②③④ B.④③②① C.④①③② D.④①②③

4.Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?

A.The reason for making new money. B.The processes of making a new bill. C.The amount of new money needed. D.Things used to make new money or a new bill.

5. Where can you most probably find this kind of article?

A. a daily newspaper B. a fashion magazine

C. textbook D. an advertisement

【参考答案】1—5、BDDCC

阅读理解。

It is often necessary to release a fish, that is , set it free after catching, because it is too small, or you just don’t want to take it home to eat. In some cases, releasing fish is a good measure that will help keep fish variety and build their population size. The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) encourages fishermen who practice catch-and-release fishing to use a few simple skills when doing so. The advice provided below will help make sure that the fish you release will survive (存活) to bite again another day.

—When catching a fish, play it quickly and keep the fish in the water as much as possible.

Don’t use a net in landing the fish and release it quickly to prevent it from dying.

—Hold the fish gently. Do not put your fingers in its eyes. Don’t wipe the scales (鱼鳞) off the fish because it might cause it to develop a disease and reduce its - 2 -

chance of survival.

—Remove your hook (鱼钩) quickly. If the hook is too deep or hooked in the stomach, cut the line and leave the hook in. The hook left inside will cause no serious problem to the fish.

—Take good care of the fish by moving it gently in water . Release the fish when it begins to struggle and is able to swim.

—Do not hold fish in a bucket or some other containers and later decide to release it. If you are going to release a fish, do so right away.

With a little care and by following the suggestions given above, you can give the released fish a better chance of survival.

1. People sometimes set a fish free after catching it because they _________

A. don’t want it to die B. hope it will grow quickly

C. don’t want to have it as food D. want to practice their fishing skills

2. Which of the following will probably make a fish ill?

A. Taking the hook off it. B. Removing its scales.

C. Touching its eves D. Holding it in your hand.

3. A proper way to release a fish is to _________.

A .move it in water till it can swim B. take the hook out of its stomach

C. keep it in a bucket for some time D. let it struggle a little in your hand

4. What is the purpose of the text?

A. To show how to enjoy fishing. B. To persuade people to fish less often.

C. To encourage people to set fish free. D. To give advice on how to release fish.

【参考答案】1—4、C B A D

【广东省东莞市2014模拟试题】

When a magazine for high school students asked its readers what life would be like in twenty years, they said: Machines would be run by solar power. Buildings would rotate(旋转)so they could follow the sun to take maximum advantage of its light and heat. Walls would “give light” and “change color with the push of a button.” Food would be replaced by pills. School would be taught by electrical impulse(电脉冲)while we sleep. Cars would have radar(雷达). Does this sound like the year 2000? Actually, this article was written in 1958 and the question was, “what will life be like in 1978?

The future is much too important to simply guess about, the way the high school students did, so experts are regularly asked to predict accuately. By carefully studying the present, skilled businessmen, scientists, and politicians are supposedly able to figure out in advance what will happen. But can they? One expert on Cities wrote: Cities of the future would not be crowded, but would have space for farms and fields. People would travel to work in “airbuses”, large all-weather helicopters carrying up to 200 passengers. When a person left the airbus station he could drive a coin-operated car equipped with radar. The radar equipment of cars would make traffic accidents “almost unheard of”. Does that sound familiar? If the expert had been accurate it would, because he was writing in 1957. His subject was “The city of 1982”.

If the professionals sometimes sound like high school students, it’s probably because future study is still a new field. But economic forecasting, or predicting what the economy will do, has been around for a long time. It should be accuate, and generally it is. But there have been some big mistakes in the field, too. In early 1929, most forecasters saw an excellent future for the stock market. In October of that year, the stock market had its worst losses ever, ruining thousands of investors who had put their faith in financial foreseers.

One forecaster knew that predictions about the future would always be subject to significant error. In 1957, H.J. Rand of the Rad corporation was asked about the year 2000, “Only one thing is certain,” he answered. “Children born today will have - 4 -

reached the age of 43.”

36. How many examples does the author offer to describe the future life?

A. Three B. Four C. Five D. Six

37. The high school students’ answers to “What would life be like in 1978?” sound __________.

A. accurate B. imaginative C. correct D. foolish

38. In the second paragraph, the writer gives examples to show _________.

A. predicting about the future can be done in a humorous way

B. no predictions are based on careful research

C. experts are always better than others in figuring out what the future will be like

D. forecasting the future is not an easy job even for experts in this field

39. From the third paragraph we can learn that _________.

A. economy forecasting is rather a new field

B. experts began economy forecasting in 1929

C. the predictions about economic situation caused the investors to lose lots of money

D. good, accurate forecasting helped the stock market overcome the difficulties

40. H.J.Rand’s prediction about the year 2000 shows that ________.

A. it is easy to figure out in advance what will happen

B. it is difficult to figure out in advance what will happen

C. only professionals can figure out in advance what will happen

D. very few professionals figure out in advance what will happen

【参考答案】36—40 BBDCB

【广东省东莞市2014模拟试题】

I remember my mother as a strong woman. She came to America when she was 12—old enough to remember her language, she achieved scores and grades high enough to be admitted to Duke University. With a degree in computer science, she finally became the manager - 5 -

of a company in New York. My mother could give fluent speeches, say “wolves” correctly.

It was my mother who always stressed the importance of language. From the time I was born, I was read to. I would fall asleep to the sounds of my parents’ voices, whether it was my dad’s softly accented, or my mother’s clear English. The flow of language was unbroken, and whether in Chinese or English, the stream of communication flowed through our house.

One October morning in sixth grade, after my mother had left to catch the train to the city, I left the house for the bus stop. I was surprised when I saw our car, the door hanging open. As I drew closer, I saw my mother lying on the ground.

In the hospital, it was hard to believe that the lady who lay before me was my mom. My mother could not remember my name. As the leaves changed colors, it became clear that the stroke had created a wall between my mother’s mind and mouth: her mind was not any less clear, but the words she spoke were not what she meant.

The battle my mother faced taught me the importance of language. Without it, identity does not exist; relationships cannot be formed; stories cannot be told; directions cannot be given, and knowing anything about anyone is impossible. Without language, communication cannot take place. Without language, one cannot express the beauty of a sunset or the kindness of a stranger. The world would pass us by in silence.

41. From where might the author’s mom come to America?

A. China B. England C. Russia D. Canada

42. From the second paragraph, we can know ________.

A. the author was taught to read since she was born

B. the author’s father spoke English poorly

C. the author couldn’t fall asleep without being read to

D. the author’s parents taught her language by talking a lot

43. According to the last two paragraphs, the author’s mom was unable to _______.

A. think clearly

C. speak

thB. express herself well D. open her mouth 44. The underlined word “stroke” in the 4 paragraph most probably refers to ______.

A. an accident B. a hit C. an illness D. a robbery

45. This passage is mainly about _________.

A. a strong mother

C. a family disaster

【参考答案】41—45 ADBCB

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。

American culture is unique because it is formed and developed under certain conditions. The major factors contributing to the making of this new nation and the forming of a new culture are the hard environment, ethnic diversity and plural religion, which is quite different from other nations in the world. What is more, these elements are still influencing the American culture.

The early immigrants who were English Puritans settled down in northeast part of America from 1607 to 1892. Frontiers were pushed further west. The frontiersmen looked for a land of rich resources and a land of promise, opportunity and freedom. Actually they looked for a better life. So individualism(个人主义), self-reliance, and equality of opportunity have perhaps been the values most closely associated with the frontier heritage of America.

In history, people from different countries in the world rushed to America three times. They brought their own culture to America and later on, different cultures were mixed together. Thus the unique American culture was formed, a common cultural life with commonly shared values.

The fundamental American belief in individual freedom and the fight of individuals to practice their own religion is at the center of religious experience in the United States. The great diversity of ethnic backgrounds has produced religious pluralism; almost all of the religions of the world are now practiced in the United States. Nowadays, we can see the continual influence of the three elements in the current American society. American family is typically parents and their unmarried children. Middle-aged and elderly people generally do not live with their married children. - 7 - B. the importance of language D. the significance of teaching language

The people in America have a very strong desire to start a new life in a new place. Quite a number of people change residences every year. The average American moves fourteen times in his lifetime.

【1】 We can learn from this article that ________.

A. the population of the United States includes a large variety of ethnic groups

B. the early immigrants brought about the unique American culture

C. people in the world once rushed to America because of its unique culture

D. the American family members don't get along well with each other

【2】 What's the author's attitude towards American culture?

A. He is critical of it.B. He admires it very much.

C. He just states the facts. D. He looks down upon it.

【3】What might be the most suitable title of this article?

A. The Immigrants in America B. Why American Culture is Unique

C. The Influence of American Culture D. Plural Religion and American Culture

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。

BEIJING—Apple Inc is one step closer to beginning sales of iPad2 tablet computers with cellular (手机) network compatibility (兼容) for the first time in the Chinese mainland, where the consumer-electronics giant is in the midst of an aggressive expansion.

According to China’s Telecommunication Equipment Certification Center, a device by Apple with third-generation high-speed wireless data capabilities was issued the network access license needed for the company to begin official sales in China. The device, listed under model number “A1396”, is compatible with the 3G standard WCDMA, and would work with the cellular network operated by Apple’s local iPhone partner, China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd.

China Unicom declined(谢绝)to comment.

Apple already offers the 3G iPad2 in Hong Kong through its partners, but currently only offers Wi-Fi versions of the device in the Chinese mainland. Still, consumers in China, which according to research firm IDC surpassed(超过)the US as the world’s largest PC market in the second quarter, have been purchasing 3G tablets through unofficial channels.

Separately, Apple spokeswoman Carolyn Wu said Sept 6 that the company’s first Hong Kong store, set to open this quarter, will be located in the city’s central shopping and business district in the International Finance Center’s upscale(高档的)IFC mall, a commercial center and sightseeing spot along the city’s waterfront. Wu also said that Apple is planning a new store in Shanghai later this quarter, which will be its biggest store in China. She declined to give more details or to comment on the 3G iPad2.

Apple currently has four full-service Apple stores in the mainland, which receive the most traffic of any Apple stores in the world. The company otherwise relies on resellers to get its products into the market.

The new stores reflect Apple’s confidence in rising demand for its products such - 9 -

as smart phones and tablet computers.Sales in the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan helped boost(增长)the company’s third-quarter results, newly appointed Chief Executive Tim Cook said in July.China revenue(收益)surged(激增)six-fold to about $3.8 billion during the three months ended June 25.

“This has been a substantial(重大)opportunity for Apple and I firmly believe that we’re just scratching the surface right now,” Cook said at the time, referring to strong sales in China. “I see an incredible opportunity for Apple there.”

From China Daily 2011-09-08

【1】 According to the news, which of the following statements is true?

A. WCDMA is not the only 3G standard in the world. B. Apple Inc sells its products in the market of the Chinese mainland all by

its own stores.

C. The consumers in China can only get iPad2 of Wi-Fi versions. D. Chinese mainland is the second largest PC market in this year’s second

quarter.

【2】How many full-service Apple stores in China?

A. 4. B. 6. C. 8. D. Unknown.

【3】 What’s the probable meaning of “six-fold” in the last but one paragraph?

A. one-sixth B. six times C.60 percent D. 2times 6

【4】 Cook said “we’re just scratching the surface right now” because ________.

A. they don’t know much about China’s market B. they will sell more products and gain more profit in China C. they need to obtain more permission from China’s government D. they ignored the rural market in China

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:英语高中作文句子
  • 下一篇:湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(5)