湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(5)

湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(5)

【2015高考复习】阅读理解

Walk down the drinks section at the supermarket.Look in the drink cooler in your local convenience store.A new drink is taking up more and more space on the shelves,and that drink is water.Bottled water sales in the US rose to 1.7 billion gallons in 2010 forplastic bottles alone,compared to total sales of only 700 million gallons in 1990.Whereas bottled water was once associated only with the rich and the privileged (特权阶层),it is now regularly drunk by people at all income levels despite the fact that the price of bottled water can be between 240 and 10,000 times higher per gallon than tap water.What accounts for this surprising increase in demand?

Traditionally,people have drunk bottled water for health reasons.The practice of “taking the waters” originated withthe Romans,who believed that a person developed a healthy mind by building a healthy body.Across Europe,drinking or bathing in mineral water has been associated with the power to cure various diseases.Health spas at Evian in France and Pellegrino in Italy began bottling water so that their consumers could continue their treatments at home.The consumers in the 21st century are also concerned about health.However,in America,where the habit of drinking bottled water is relatively new,the concern is often more related to the purity or sterilization (消毒) of the water than to its mineral contents.Americans are often worried about the effects of the chemical pollution and other contaminants on the water supply.Many Americans view bottled water as a safe alternative to tap water. Further reasons for drinking bottled water are its usefulness as an aid to digestion,as a complement to a good meal in a restaurant,and for taste.City tap water is often treated with chlorine (氯) to guard against harmful micro-organisms.Chlorine,as well as metals from pipes and tanks used to distribute and store tap water,can leave behind an unpleasant taste.

【语篇解读】 本文从两个方面分析了瓶装水销量提高的原因。

1.Which of the following statements is true?

A.Bottled water was once drunk both by the rich and the poor.

B.Bottled water sales have risen,for it’s cheaper than tap water.

C.Europeans believed in the power of treatment of mineral water.

D.Americans have had the habit of drinking bottled water for long.

解析 正误判断题。由文章第二段的第三句可知,在整个欧洲,饮用或用矿泉水洗澡已经与 - 1 -

治愈各种疾病的能力联系起来。

答案 C

2.People prefer bottled water because________.

A.it does good to their health

B.it has chlorine to make it taste good

C.it contains no mineral pollution at all

D.it’s a practice originated with the Romans

解析 细节理解题。由文章第二段的第一句“Traditionally,people have drunk bottled water for health reasons.”可知答案。

答案 A

3.The underlined word “contaminants” most probably means________.

A.pollutants

C.chemicals B.micro-organisms D.minerals

解析 词义猜测题。由“the chemical pollution and other”可知画线词与pollutants同义。

答案 A

4.Which of the following could be the best title for the passage?

A.How Bottled Water Originated

B.“Taking the Waters” Has Been Practiced for Long

C.What’s the Safe Alternative to Tap Water

D.Why Bottled Water Sales Increase

解析 主旨大意题。文章第一段的最后一句“What accounts for this surprising increase in demand?”是一个承上启下的句子,下面两段都在讲瓶装水销量上涨的原因。 答案 D

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A.B.C和D项中,选出最佳选项。

In parts of Africa, the sky is filled with a dark cloud. But this is no rain cloud. It is a living cloud made of billions of locusts that are traveling across the continent eating everything in their path.

And in the battle to stop this disaster, a radio station in Senegal, West Africa, is offering listeners 50 kilograms of rice if they can catch and kill 50 kilograms of locusts. The radio station is in one of Senegal’s worst affected regions. - 2 -

This is West Africa’s biggest locust disaster in 15 years, and it is moving east, causing huge damage to crops. As they move, they breed, and increase their number and will soon threaten Sudan in the northeast of Africa. Some say it could reach Asia. Experts say the great damage to crops in areas already suffering from food shortages and war could cause many people to go hungry. Governments in the region are not well equipped to fight the pest.

Although leaders of 12 countries have agreed on a plan, it is not expected to be enough. “We are now treating 6,000 hectares per day with pesticide, but we need to treat 20,000 hectares per day in order to have any hope of controlling this disaster,” said Mohamed Abdallahi Ould Babah, director of locust control in Mauritania.

Requests are being made for international aid, which is the only way to limit the crisis, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization warned.

1. The purpose of offering people rice for catching locusts in Senegal is ________.

A. to get more people to eat rice so as to leave less for locusts

B. to get more people involved in the war on the locusts

C. to prevent more people from starvation

D. to get more people to listen to the radio report on locusts

2. Which of the following is not the reason for West Africans going hungry?

A. Locust disaster causes the great damage to crops.

B. Food supply is far from the need of the people.

C. These regions are affected by the war.

D. Governments are unwilling to fight the pest.

3. It can be concluded that, in order to end the locust disaster, ________.

A. leaders of 12 countries in West Africa should call on their people to take action

B. insects experts should be sent to these regions

C. other countries outside Africa should keep close watch on their own lands

D. Help from all over the world is in urgent demand

4. What does the passage mainly talk about?

A. Food shortage in Africa.B. International aid to Africa.

C. The insects attack on Africa. D. Terrible storm in Africa.

1. B 推测题。根据第二段意义,广播电台向听众悬赏捕杀蝗虫。可推测出其目的是让更多的人参与到救灾行动中来。

2. D 细节理解题。根据第四段意义:专家称一些地区本来就食品匮乏,并饱受战火之苦,而灾害给农作物产量造成的损失更是雪上加霜。许多人因此而挨饿。

3. D 推理题。根据短文最后一段的意义:国际社会施以援手是抑制灾情的唯一方法。由此推理可得“国际援助迫在眉睫”。

4. C 主旨题。根据短文第一段的描述及下文的阐发可看出本文的主题是“非洲西部的虫灾”。

Directions: Read the following three passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the passage.

【湖南省怀化市2014高考英语一模试题】A

It is generally believed that we are getting cleaned when we step under a shower. We are, but we’re also giving a home to lots of tiny little creatures we didn’t even know about. A showerhead carries thousands of bacteria called Mycobacterium.These can cause problems like coughs and tiredness, and a general feeling of poorliness (身体不舒服). When you turn on the water, the bacteria go from the showerhead onto and into your body.

This is a finding of Norman R. Pace and his team at the University of Colorado, in the US. The scientists investigated bacteria in all kinds of human environment, including showers.Pace's team looked at 45 showerheads in nine American cities. They discovered that 30 percent of them had large amounts of flying Mycobacterium. But Pace said that they pose few threats to the health.Only those with a weak immune system might need to worry.He told the New York Times that the bacteria are not as unpleasant as might be thought.He said that having a shower is no more dangerous than anything else we do in the morning.

But for those who feel sick about the idea of all those microorganisms (微生物), he had some advice. Let the water run for 30 seconds before getting into the shower. Why?

The number of bacteria is smaller than that when the water is just turned on. If that seems like a waste of water, he added that you could also change your showerhead every few months.

However, Pace had good news too. He has also been testing the air in US subways. Apart from iron particles (粒子), which are ground off the track by the wheels of trains, subway air is fresh. The reason is that a train’s movement pumps fresh outdoor air into the tunnels.

Pace explained that he wanted to understand the natural microbial environments of public places. This kind of knowledge might help discover the microbes to be used in a bioterrorist (生物恐怖分子) attack.

【小题1】 From the finding of Norman R. Pace, after taking a shower, we might cough or feel tired because.

A. it’s easy to get a cold when taking a bath

B. the showerhead carries many bacteria causing illness

C. we don’t get cleaned while showering

D. we don’t get a weak immune system

【小题2】According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?

A. Hot water could kill most of bacteria in showerheads.

B. Of 45 showerheads surveyed in nine cities, 30 carried large amounts of Mycobacterium.

C. Changing showerheads is the only way to avoid microorganisms.

D. Shower water contains much less bacteria after being left to run for 30 seconds.

【小题3】We can learn from the third paragraph that.

A. having a shower in the morning is more dangerous than at other time

B. the bacteria always threat people’s health

C. there is no reason to fear microorganisms for people with strong immune system

D. it is better to do some exercise in the morning than have a shower

【小题4】The underlined word “pose” in the third paragraph probably means “______”.

A. cause B. avoid C.

describe D. promise

【小题5】What contributes to fresh air in US subways?

A. The train’s movement. B. Iron particles.

C. Train wheels. D. Air conditioners on the trains.

【答案】

【小题1】B

【小题2】D

【小题3】C

【小题4】A

【小题5】

【解析】

试题分析:文章介绍Norman R. Pace和他的团队发现的结果,大多数淋浴头含有致病的细菌,

但是这不会A

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。

Each new school year brings fresh reminders of what educators call the summer learning gap. Some call it the summer learning setback. Simply speaking, it means the longer kids are out of school, the more they forget. The only thing they might gain is weight.

Most American schools follow a traditional nine-month calendar. Students get winter and spring breaks and about ten weeks of summer vacation. Some schools follow a year-round calendar. They hold classes for about eight weeks at a time, with a few weeks off in between. The National Association for Year-Round Education says there were fewer than three thousand such schools at last count. They were spread among forty-six of the fifty states.

But many experts point out that the number of class days in a year-round school is generally the same as in a traditional school. Lead researcher Paul von Hippel said, “Year-round schools don't really solve the problem of the summer learning setback. They simply spread it out across the year.”

Across the country, research shows that students from poor families fall farther behind over the summer than other students. Experts say this can be prevented. They note that many schools and local governments offer programs that can help.

But calling them “summer school” could be a problem. The director of the summer learning center at Johns Hopkins, Ron Fairchild, said research with groups of different parents in Chicago and Baltimore found that almost all strongly disliked the term “summer school”. In American culture, the idea of summer vacation is connected to beliefs about freedom and the joys of childhood. The parents welcomed other terms like “summer camp”, “enrichment”, “extra time” and “hands-on learning”. 31. According to the first paragraph the summer learning gap .

A. helps children to gain weight

C. improves children’s memories

【答案】D

【解析】细节理解题。根据Simply speaking, it means the longer kids are out of school, the more they forget.暑假影响了学生的正常的学习,故选D。

- 7 - B. leads children to work harder D. affects children’s regular studies

32. Compared to traditional schools, students in the year-round ones .

A. perform better and have more learning gains

B. have much less time for relaxation every year

C. have generally the same number of class days

D. hold more classes with more free weeks off

【答案】C

【解析】细节理解题。根据But many experts point out that the number of class days in a year-round school is generally the same as in a traditional school.全年的学校与一般的学校都有相同的天数的授课时间,故选C。

33. Which of the following statements is true?

A. Students from poor families often fall behind after the vacation.

B. Year-round schools can solve the problem of the learning gap.

C. There are schools in each state following a year-round calendar.

D. Nothing can help the students who fall behind after the vocation.

【答案】A

【解析】细节理解题。根据Across the country, research shows that students from poor families fall farther behind over the summer than other students.来自贫困家庭通常在假期过后学习要落后其他孩子,故选A。

34. Why did almost all parents dislike the term “summer school”?

A. They cherish the children’s rights of freedom very much.

B. They are worried about the quality of the “summer school”.

C. They want their children to be forced to make up the gap.

D. They can’t afford to the further study during vacation.

【答案】A

【解析】细节理解题。根据research with groups of different parents in Chicago and Baltimore found that almost all strongly disliked the term “summer school”. In American culture, the idea of summer vacation is connected to beliefs about freedom and the joys of childhood.父母认为这样剥夺孩子的自由的权利,故选A。

35. What would be the best title of this passage?

A. Opening Summer Camps

B. Forbidding Summer Schools

C. Spreading Year-Round Education

D. Minding the Summer Learning Gap

【答案】D

【解析】标题归纳题。根据Each new school year brings fresh reminders of what educators call the summer learning gap.及短文的内容可知注意暑假假期学习的退步,故选D。

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项。

Linda Evans was my best friend — like the sister I never had. We did everything together: piano lessons, movies, swimming, horseback riding.

When I was 13, my family moved away. Linda and I kept in touch through letters, and we saw each other on special times — like my wedding and Linda’s. Soon we were busy with children and moving to new homes, and we wrote less often. One day a card that I sent came back,stamped “Address Unknown”. I had no idea about how to find Linda.

Over the years, I missed Linda very much. I wanted to share happiness of my children and then grandchildren. And I needed to share my sadness when my brother and then mother died. There was an empty place in my heart that only a friend like Linda could fill.

One day, I was reading a newspaper when I noticed a photo of a young woman who looked very much like Linda and whose last name was Wagman — Linda’s married name. “There must be thousands of Wagmans.” I thought, but I still wrote to her.

She called as soon as she got my letter. “Mrs. Tobin!” she said excitedly, “Linda Evans Wagman is my mother.”

Minutes later I heard a voice that I recognized at once, even after 40 years. We laughed and cried and caught up on each other’s lives. Now the empty place in my heart is filled. And there’s one thing that Linda and I know for sure: We won’t lose each other again!

26. The writer went to piano lessons with Linda Evans ________.

A. at the age of 13 B. before she got married

C. after they moved to new homes D. before the writer’s family moved away - 9 -

【答案】D

【解析】细节理解题。根据开始的时候作者与Linda总是一起去上钢琴课、看电影、游泳、骑马等,但后来在作者13岁的时候,作者一家搬走了,两人只能通过书信联系。故选D。

27. They didn’t often write to each other because they ________.

A. got married B. had little time to do so

C. didn’t like writing letters D. could see each other on special time

【答案】B

【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第2段中的Soon we were busy with children and moving to new homes, and we wrote less often根据文可知,她们之所以没经常写信,是因为她们要忙于照顾孩子,又要搬新家,也就是说,她们没有时间写信。

28. There was an empty place in the writer’s heart because she ________.

A. was in trouble

B. didn’t know Linda’s address

C. received the card that she sent

D. didn’t have a friend like Linda to share her happiness and sadness

【答案】D

【解析】细节理解题。根据I wanted to share happiness of my children and then

grandchildren. And I needed to share my sadness when my brother and then mother died.作者没有像琳达这样的朋友来分享她的快乐和悲伤,故选D。

29. The writer was happy when she ________.

A. read the newspaper

B. heard Linda’s voice on the phone

C. met a young woman who looked a lot like Linda

D. wrote to the woman whose last name was Wagman

【答案】B

【解析】细节理解题。真正让作者感到高兴的是当她在电话上听到老朋友Linda的声音的时候。而读到报纸的时候和写信的时候都还只是在猜测,那时还谈不上高兴。故选B。

30. They haven’t kept in touch ________.

A. for about 40 years B. for about 27 years

C. since they got married D. since the writer’s family moved away

【答案】A

【解析】细节理解题。根据文章最后一段中的Minutes later I heard a voice that I knew - 10 -

very much, even after 40 years?可知她们40年没有联系了,故选A。

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(7)
  • 下一篇:湖南省长沙市2016高考英语阅读理解一轮精选练习(4)