湖北省长阳县第一高级中学2016-2017学年高二上学期期中考试英语

长阳一中2016-2017学年度第一学期期中考试

高二英语试卷

满分:150 分 时间:120分钟 命题人:方萍 审题人:方萍

第Ⅰ卷

第一部分听力(共两节,满分30分)

第一节 (共5小题:每小题1.5分,共7.5分)

听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。

1. What does the man want to buy?

A. Hamburgers.

B. French fries. B. 4:00pm. B. A novel.C. A salad. C. At 4:30pm. C.A film. 2. When will the speakers be picked up? A. At 3:30pm.3. What are the speakers talking about?A. A person.

4. Why does the man come to the woman?

A. To ask about her parents

B. To ask her to do him a favor

C. To help her with her housework.

5. What color tie will the man probably wear?

A. Brown.B. Grey. C. Red.

第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)

听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从每题所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话,回答第 6、7 题。

6. What does the book look like?

A. A small but thick book.

B. A big book with a hard cover.

C. A book about 200 pages thick. 7. Why does the man want the book? A. To prepare for a test.

B. To read it for fun.C. To learn about American.

听下面一段对话,回答第 8 至9题。 8. What will the man do this Saturday? A. Go to a staff meeting. house.

9. How long does the man plan to stay at the party?

A. For an hour. B. For one and a half hours. C. For two hours. 听下面一段对话,回答第10至12题。 10. Who was Jackie Robinson? A. A famous writer. A. It is a biography. A. Stephen Satlow‘s.

B. A great actor.

C. A baseball player.

11. What does the man say about the book?

B. It is about friendship. B. Sharon Robinson‘s.

C. It is titled the Hero. C. Jackie Robinson‘s.

12. Whose prospective was the book written from? 听下面一段对话,回答第13至16题。 13. How long will the speakers probably be away? A. Two days. A. Greece.

B. Three days. B. Spain.

C. Five days. C. Switzerland. C. It is near the town.

14. Where will the speakers go on holiday? 15. What do we know about the first cottage? A. It‘s an apartment.

B. It‘s very quiet.

16. Which cottage do the speakers choose in the end?

A. The one inside an old palace. B. The one with a garden view. C. The one in the city center.

听下面一段独白,回答第17至 20 题。 17. When did Mr. Jones join the company? A. Five years ago. A. Office manager.

B. Thirty years ago.

C. Forty years ago.

18. What was Mr. Jones first promoted to?

B. Head driver.

C. Vice president.

19. How did Mr. Jones get his degree?

A. By paying the fee himself. B. By taking night classes. C. By working part-time.

20. Why does the speaker give the speech?

B. Go on a business trip.C. Move to his new

A. To congratulate Mr. Jones on his promotion.

B. To call on others to learn from Mr. Jones.

C. To say goodbye to Mr. Jones.

第二部分 阅读理解 (共两节,满分40分)

第一节(共15小题; 每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A 、B 、C 和 D )中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

We do not usually think about how our language works. Talking is such a natural, everyday activity that we do not often stop to consider how it actually works. When we do study our language, though, we are often surprised that we are able to understand our conversations. Words

can mean so many different things. However, it turns out that the speaking

situation helps a lot in making language work.

First, the speaking situation helps make words more particular. For example, the word ―dog‖ can describe a dog that a speaker saw in a dream. It can also be used to discuss a neighbor‘s dog. No language has a separate word for the idea ―dog that I saw yesterday‖ and another word for the idea ―dog that I saw in a dream.‖ This is because the speaking situation makes it clear what speakers mean when they use words. So, when you have a conversation with your neighbor, the knowledge that you have a dog tells your neighbor what the word ―dog‖ probably means in that situation.

The speaking situation also helps make language clearer. For example, the word ―bank‖ has two possible meanings. It can mean ―a place where people keep money,‖ but it can also mean ―the side of a river.‖ So the sentence ―I went to the bank‖ is not clear. It could mean I went to the side of the river or it could mean I went to the place where my money is kept. However, if the speaker is talking about fishing or going to the mountains, others probably know that ―bank‖ means ―the side of a river.‖

The things that speakers say may not always be clear. Sometimes the words are not very particular, but the speaking situation can provide the meaning. Other times words may have many meanings. Then the speaking situation limits the right meaning. This extra knowledge from the situation is very important to understand language.

21. The passage is mainly about _____.

A. the best time and place to talk to others

B. how speaking situation helps language work

C. what to say in difficult situations

D. how our language works

22. According to the passage, we can safely say that _____.

A. a speaking situation does not affect the meaning of words

B. speaking is not very natural for most people

C. a speaking situation is not important

D. people often do not consider how talking works

23. By using the example of the word ―dog‖, the writer wants to show that _____.

A. a word may need to be explained in a conversation

B. a word may have different meanings

C. speaking situation helps people understand the particular meaning of a word

D. the meaning of words is not particular

24. According to the passage, we can know the meaning of the word ―bank‖ by referring to _______.

A. the time and the place where the conversation happens

B. the occupation of the person who uses the word

C. earlier or later parts of the conversation

D. a reliable dictionary

B

I turned 16 on Friday, but the Driver‘s License Office in my small hometown was only open on Tuesday, so I had to wait through that extremely long weekend and an endless Monday before going in for my examination.

I came to the Driver‘s License Office half an hour earlier and forth on the worn porch waiting for the office to open at eight. I reviewed the driver‘s manual for the hundredth time. I was ready. I knew the manual backward and forward; I had made an ―A‖ in my driver‘s training course, and I was a genius behind the wheel.

Finally, the door opened and a weary-looking man in a brown uniform let me in.

―Let me guess. You want to take the driver‘s test.‖ his voice was not enthusiastic.

―Yes!‖ I answered in excitement.

―Ok, fill this out, and if you pass we‘ll go for a drive.‖ showed that my paper was perfect.

―Let‘s get in the car.‖ He tossed me a set of keys, and I slid behind the wheel. Everything was going smoothly as we pulled out of the empty parking lot. I signaled a right hand turn, and we were on a deserted street. This was going to be easy.

―Turn left and go up Young Blood Hill,‖ he ordered. My hometown is in the mountains, and Young Blood Hill was almost vertical. As I eased up the steep hill and came to a stop at the top, I heard the car‘s engine die. My heart sank. I would have to start it again without rolling back down the hill. I swallowed hard and turned the key; as I moved my foot from the brake, the car began to roll. I suppose I could have rolled all the way back to the bottom except for one thing. There was something behind me which stopped my roll with a rough shake and crash of glass—a police car.

The policeman wrote me a ticket as I looked over the damage, and the man from the Driver‘s License Office slid behind the wheel. I waited until we had parked before I asked how long a person had to wait before taking the test again.

25. What time does ―that Tuesday morning‖ in Paragraph 2 refer to?

A. The morning when he made an ―A‖ in his driver‘s training course.

B. The morning when he knew the driver‘s manual perfectly well.

C. The first Tuesday morning immediately after his16th birthday.

D. The Tuesday morning right before his 16th birthday.

26. The man from the Driver‘s License Office helped make it stop. From the underlined sentence ―I grabbed the test and rushed to the desk where I filled it out in record time‖, we can know that ______ .

A. the writer didn‘t like the man from the Driver‘s License Office.

B. the writer was excited and eager to go for the driver‘s test.

C. time for the test was tight.

D. the test paper was very easy.

27. Why didn‘t the car roll back to the bottom?

A. The engine died.

B. It hit a police car.

C. The writer braked it hard.

D. The man from the Driver‘s License Office helped make it stop.

28. What can we learn from the last paragraph?

A. The man from the Driver‘s License Office got a ticket.

B. The policeman drove the car away after the accident.

C. The writer failed the driving test.

D. The writer didn‘t want to take the driving test again.

C

―Eat local.‖ It‘s one way to reduce human effect on the planet. Eating local means to try to buy and consume foods that are grown in places close to home. However, most of the food sold at supermarkets is not locally grown or produced. Trucks and planes deliver these foods from hundreds or thousands of miles away. During the transportation, greenhouse gases are produced, causing global warming. So the shorter the distance your foods must travel, the less the harm is done to the environment.

But how do you get local food if you live in a large city, hundreds of miles away from farms? Environmental health scientist Dickson Despommier and his students came up with the idea of a ―vertical farm‖.

A vertical farm is a glass-walled structure that could be built as tall as a skyscraper. Since the garden is built upwards, rather than outwards, it requires much less space than an ordinary farm. The world is quickly running out of room for ordinary farming. Vertical farms could be a key to this situation. Despommier imagines a 30-story building with a greenhouse on every floor. The walls of the building would be clear, to allow crops to get as much sunlight as possible. Depending on a city‘s water resources, Despommier thinks hydroponic(水培) farming is another method for the vertical farm which needs no soil to grow plants.

Despommier says the hydroponic greenhouses would use a system that would use a city‘s waste water and fill it with nutrition to make the crops grow. If this method works, it would provide food to a city and save millions of tons of water.

The idea of a vertical farm has attracted the attention of government officials around the

world. Scott Stringer, a government official from New York City, thinks the city is suitable for the vertical farming. ―Obviously we don‘t have much land left for us,‖ Stringer said, ―‖

Despommier admits that there is still a lot of work to do to make vertical farms a reality. ―But I think vertical farming is an idea that can work in a big way.‖ he says.

29. Why are people advised to eat local?

A. Because it means convenience to people.

B. Because it can help people save a lot of money.

C. Because local food has more nutrition.

D. Because it is environmentally friendly.

30. Which is one of the vertical farm‘s benefits when compared with ordinary farming?

A. It produces healthier food. B. It does less harm to the cities.

D. It requires less transport costs. C. It consumes more energy of the city.

31. By saying ―the sky is the limit in Manhattan‖, Stringer means ________.

A. people can make full use of vertical space of Manhattan

B. there is a limit for using empty land in Manhattan

C. the height of buildings in Manhattan is limited

D. Manhattan has a great potential for development

32. What can we learn about the vertical farming in the passage?

A. In a vertical farm, soil may not be needed to grow plants.

B. It has solved the problem of the food shortage in a big way.

C. It is a 30-story building with a greenhouse on every floor.

D. Crops are mainly grown in the rainwater in a vertical farm.

D ―Cleverness is a gift while kindness is a choice. Gifts are easy – they‘re given after all. Choices can be hard.‖ –– Jeff Bezos.

I got the idea to start Amazon 16 years ago. I came across the fact that the Internet usage was growing at 2,300 percent per year. I‘d never seen or heard of anything that grew that fast, and the idea of building an online bookstore with millions of titles was very exciting to me. I had just turned 30 years old, and I‘d been married for a year. I told my wife MacKenzie that I wanted to

quit my job and go to do this crazy thing that probably wouldn‘t work since most start-ups don‘t, and I wasn‘t sure what to expect. MacKenzie told me I should go for it. As a young boy, I‘d been a garage inventor. I‘d always wanted to be an inventor, and she wanted me to follow my passion.

I was working at a financial firm in New York City with a bunch of very smart people, and I had a brilliant boss that I much admired. I went to my boss and told him I wanted to start a company selling books on the Internet. He took me on a long walk in Central Park, listened carefully to me, and finally said, ―That sounds like a really good idea, but it would be an even better idea for someone who didn‘t already have a good job.‖ That logic made some sense to me, and he convinced me to think about it for 48 hours before making a final decision. Seen in that light, it really was a difficult choice, but finally, I decided I had to give it a shot. I didn‘t think I‘d regret trying and failing. And I suspected I would always be haunted by a decision to not try at all.

After much consideration, I took the less safe path to follow my passion, and I‘m proud of that choice. For all of us, in the end, we are our choices.

33.What inspired the author with the idea of building an online bookstore?

A. The greatly increasing usage of the Internet.

B. The support of his wife.

C. His dream of being an inventor.

D. Millions of exciting titles.

34.We can know from the passage that _______.

A. the boss thought the idea was suitable for the author

B. the author might not regret if he failed the idea

C. the author wanted someone else to try the idea

D. the author might go back to his boss if he failed

35.Which of the following would be the best title for the passage?

A. We Are What We Choose

C. Following My Passion B. The Starting of Amazon D. Cleverness and Kindness

第二节(共 5 小题,每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)

根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,选项中有两项为多余选项。

Feeling both positive and negative emotions is a natural part of being human. We might use

the word "negative" to describe more difficult emotions, but it doesn't mean those emotions are bad or we shouldn't have them. Still, most people would probably rather feel a positive emotion than a negative one. What matters is how our emotions are balanced — how much of each type of emotion, positive or negative, we experience.

How Negative Emotions Help Us

Negative emotions warn us of threats or challenges that we may need to deal with. For example, fear can alert us to possible danger. is stepping on our toes, crossing a boundary, or violating our trust. Anger can be a signal that we might need to act on our own behalf.

Negative emotions focus our awareness. . But too many negative emotions can make us feel anxious, exhausted, or stressed out. When negative emotions are out of balance, problems might seem too big to handle.

How Positive Emotions Help Us

Positive emotions balance out negative ones, but they have other powerful benefits, too. Instead of narrowing our focus like negative emotions do, positive emotions affect our brains in ways that increase our awareness, attention, and memory. They help us take in more information and hold several ideas in mind at once. When positive emotions open us up to new possibilities, we are more able to learn and build on our skills.

A. Pay attention to these powerful tools and find ways to make time for them.

B. And they then make us understand how different ideas relate to each other.

C. For example, it‘s likely you‘d prefer to feel happy instead of sad.

D. They help us focus on a problem so we can deal with it.

E. It‘s a signal that we might need to protect ourselves.

F. That leads to doing better on tasks and tests.

G. What helps you feel confident?

第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)

第一节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)

阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

On the morning of May 18, 2010, Enzo Piscopo‘‘s alarm clock went off, signaling the start of another workday. Moments later, unbearable pain shot through his back.

―I so loud that I probably woke up the whole neighborhood, ‖ he says. He became paralyzed from the waist down. Doctors said he‘d likely never again.

The last three years have been a challenging, but equally journey for Enzo, a Coca-Cola employee since 1996. he has gone through great pain, relearned everyday tasks and got used to life in a .

―There lessons have made me the happiest I‘ve ever been,‖ Enzo says. Nearly every day, someone asks Enzo how he can be so after such a life-changing . It‘s a question, he admits; he‘s asked himself more than a few times.

One particular changed Enzo. A few weeks after his injury, he was talking to his wife focusing on what he had, he fixed his attention on what he thought he‘d .

His wife told him the things that mattered most to them were intact(完好无损的), and that they would continue to follow their dreams and do everything they to do , including traveling.

―That conversation me that I have the most wonderful wife and four beautiful and healthy kids,‖ he says.

Enzo, who returned to work three months after his injury, that happiness is a choice. ―You can find millions of to either be happy or unhappy. The choice is yours. Many people who seemingly have everything are , while some of the people in the world are deeply happy. The is focusing on the things that really matter. Today I make an effort to all the ?little things‘ that make me happy. I still want to and grow as a person in all aspects of my life, I‘m now much more focusing on enjoying the abundance of things I already have. ‖

41.A.asked

D.laughed B.screamed C.talked

42.A.speak

B.read

C.walk C.boring

D.work

43.A.comfortable

D.rewarding 44.A.hospital

D.wheelchair 45.A.optimistic 46.A.chance

D.success

B.dangerous

B.vehicle C.house

B.energetic B.journey

C.sweet C.injury

D.smart

47.A.conversation B.operation 48.A.Instead of

D.Except for 49.A.created 50.A.never 51.A.need

B.lost

B.In case of

C.colleague C.As for

D.friend

C.got

D.explained

D.even

B.still B.pretend B.warned

C.also

C.agree D.love D.advised

52.A.reminded 53.A.doubts

D.insists 54.A.results 55.A.excited 56.A.wisest 57.A.skill 58.A.change 59.A.relax

D.improve 60.A.but

C.promised

B.remembers C.hopes

B.truths

C.reasons

D.questions

D.tired

B.pitiful

C.careful

B.poorest

C.prettiest

D.busiest

B.gift B.show B.refuse

C.key C.enjoy

D.ignore D.ignore

C.forget

B.orC.though D.unless

第Ⅱ卷

第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分) 第二节(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)

阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。

One day, a man was passing some elephants when he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope leg. No chains, no cages. was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked these animals just stood there and made no attempt ( get) away. ―Well,‖ the trainer said, ―when they are very young and much (small), we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it‘s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.‖

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time escape from their bonds because they believed they couldn‘t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us have avoided trying something new, because we failed at it once before? Worse, how many of us someone else‘s limiting beliefs? Choose not to accept the false boundaries and limitations created by the past but to gain your sense of (accomplish) in life.

第四部分 写作(共两节;满分35分)

第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每次错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。

增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(?),并在其下面写出该加的词。

删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。

修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。

注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;

2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。

Now I‘d like to share with my plan for the summer holiday.

Recently I‘ve became interested in some attractive camps advertising in a website . I have made up my mind to take part in one of it: Volunteering in Another Country. I have always dreamed of being a volunteer, because I would like to offer necessary help to those who needs it.

Beside, volunteering in another country will certainly give me good chance to experience a completely different culture. Most important, I can exchange ideas freely with the local people or get them to know more about China.

I‘m eager to join in the activity and I‘m sure I will benefit greatly by such an opportunity. How about your plan for this summer?

第二节 书面表达(满分25分)

假设你是李华,某国际教育集团正在你市组织中学生开展赴美冬令营活动,现招募一名学生领队,你有意应聘。请根据以下要点,给该项目的负责人安娜写一封英文自荐信。要点如下:

1. 表示感兴趣; 2. 个人优势(语言、文化、体质及性格等方面); 3. 希望得到回

复。

注意:1. 词数100左右;2. 可适当增加细节,以使行文连贯;3. 开头语和结尾已给出(不计入总词数)。

Dear Anna,

I‘m glad to learn that you are looking for a student to be captain of the winter camp.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yours

sincerely,

L

i Hua

长阳一中2016-2017学年度上学期高二期中考试 参考答案

听力:1---20 ACBBC BAABC BACBA BBABC

阅读理解:21---24 BDCC 25---28 CBBC 29---32 DDAA 33---35 ABA 36---40 CEDBF

完形

41-45 BCDDA 46-50 CAABB 51-55 DADCB

语法填空:

61 fastened 66.smaller

62. It 67. but

63.from68. simply

64.why69.are being held

65.to get 70.acomplishment

短文改错:

Recently I‘ve interested in some attractive camps in a olunteering in Another Country. I have always dreamed of being a volunteer, because I would like to offer

∧ good chance to

I‘m eager to join in the activity and I‘m sure I will benefit greatly opportunity. How about your plan for this summer?

书面表达

Dear Anna,

I’m glad to learn that you are looking for a student to be captain of the winter camp. I’m quite interested in the position and I think I’m qualified for it.

Firstly, I have no problem communicating with English-speakers. Secondly, as an English lover, I’ve read a lot about America and have much knowledge of American customs. Thirdly, as I’m always doing exercise in my spare time, I’m very fit. In from and importantly Besides a need them become advertised 56-60 BCCDA

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:湖北省长阳县第一高级中学2016-2017学年高二上学期期中考试政治
  • 下一篇:湖北省长阳县第一高级中学2016-2017学年高二上学期期中考试生物