天津市滨海新区2016高考英语完形填空和阅读理解暑假选练(13)

天津市滨海新区2016高考英语完形填空和阅读理解暑假选练(13) 完形填空。

It is universally known that friendship is one of the permanent themes in the literature of all languages. Friends are people who willingly and readily help us when we are in trouble, and show__1__for us when we are in misery. This is__2__human beings were born to need the warmth and laughter of friends. Some of us like__3__friends, while others different friends. Personally,I prefer both.It goes without saying that having similar friends has many__4__, We can feel a renewed sense of__5__when we have a group of old friends who would__6__our sufferings and happiness. __7__, old friends alwaysknowhow to__8__mutual trust(互信)and how to avoid__9__conflicts. I always feel__10__when I meet an old friend after a long__11__. Immediately, hearty laughter__12__the atmosphere.Nevertheless I believe that a mixture of friends is__13__advantageous. One can__14__various sorts of friends in three aspects. First, frequent__15__with different friends broadens my world__16__. Just as various kinds of nutriments keep you healthy, making a__17__of friends keeps you lively. Secondly , I have found that the__18__friends cannot only__19__new adventures but also show me new__20__to success in life. Thirdly, they can help me with whatever difficulties I encounter in life.To conclude, I prefer to have both types of friends and as many as possible. Of course, I will not forget friends wisely.

文章大意:本文是一篇议论文,论证“交不同的朋友比交同类朋友更有益。”开头富有特色,通过描述自己的实际生活将读者自然地引向主题。通篇立意新颖、条理清楚,结构明晰,分三点论述,每一点都有一句统领段的主题句,展开的部分都紧扣本段论点,但方式决不雷同。引用的事例自然、贴切,语言也较生动、活泼,可谓有理有据,却不枯燥乏味,读来让人兴味盎然,相信同龄人看了更是有一种强烈的认同感。

1.A.direction

C.sympathy B.respect D.anxiety

答案:C sympathy“同情;体谅”;coldness“冷淡”;cruelty“残忍, 残酷”;anxiety“忧虑, 焦急, 渴望”。 本题易误选A。

2.A.because

C.how B.why D.What

答案:A “This is because +从句”意为“这是因为??”,“This is why +从句”意为“这就是为什么??”。这两个句型中because和why引导的是表语从句。从逻辑关系 - 1 -

上看这两个句型正好相反。前者中的“that”指代原因,后者中的“that”指代结果。This is how?“那就是??如何??的。” 本题易误选B。

3.A.true C.same

B.right D.similar

答案:D 根据后面的different及下文可知选similar。true“真实的, 真正的, 忠实的”;helpful“有帮助的, 有用的”;same指“同一的”、“相同的”,常于the连用。

4.A.problems C.disadvantages

B.advantages D.duties

答案:B advantages“优势, 有利条件, 利益”;problems“问题”;disadvantages“劣势”;shortcomings“缺点,短处”。

5.A.tension C.strength

B.challenge D.oppression

答案:C strength本句意思是“当老朋友聚在一起时,顿感觉有力量”。tension“紧张,不安”;challenge“挑战”;oppression“压抑, 苦恼”。 本题易误选A、D。

6.A.share C.guarantee

B.convey D.cause

答案:A share“分享,共享”;convey“传达,运送”;guarantee“保证, 担保”;cause“造成”。

7.A.Therefore C.However

B.Otherwise D.Moreover

答案:D Moreover “而且, 此外”,表示递进逻辑关系,用于句首和句中,不能用于句末。相当于besides;Therefore“因此”,表示因果关系;Otherwise“否则”;However“然而”,是过渡词,表示上下文意思的转折。本题易误选A。

8.A.lack C.bear

B.abandon D.maintain

答案:D maintain“保持”;lack“缺乏”;abandon“放弃,遗弃”;bear“负担, 忍受”。

9.A.obvious C.impressive

B.impossible D.hidden

答案:D hidden“潜在的,隐藏的”;obvious“明显的”;impossible“不可能的”;impressive“印象深刻的, 令人难忘的”。 本题易误选A、C。

10.A.stressed C.delighted

B.worried D.confused

答案:C delighted“高兴,兴奋”;stressed“受压抑的”;worried“着急”;

confused“困惑的, 烦恼的”。

11.A.experience C.work

B.departure D.discussion

答案:B departure “离别”;experience“经验,经历”;work“工作”;discussion“讨论”。

12.A.fills C.ruins

B.weakens D.buries

答案:A fill“充满”;weaken“削弱”;ruin“毁坏”;bury“埋藏, 遮蔽”。 13.A.eagerly C.bitterly

B.equally D.rarely

答案:B equally“同样地”,如:equally important同样重要 ;eagerly“急切地”;bitterly“苦苦地, 悲痛的”;rarely“很少地, 罕有地”。 本题易误选C、D。

14.A.make with C.result from

B.benefit from D.appeal to

答案:B benefit常与from, by连用,意为“获益;得益于”,根据后面提到的三个方面可以看出选B最佳;用(眼、口、手、脚等)做动作; 做出; 使用;result from“起于, 由于”;appeal to“向??呼吁,请求,吸引;引起兴趣”

15.A.quarrel C.argument

B.contact D.view

答案:B contact“接触,联系”;quarrel“吵架,争吵”;argument“争论,辩论”;view“观点,见解”。 本题易误选D。

16.A.attitude C.outlook

B.position D.ambition

答案:C attitude“姿势, 态度, 看法”;position“位置”;outlook“观点,看法”;ambition“野心”。本题易误选A。

17.A.range C.quantity

B.series D.variety

答案:D a variety of=all kinds of;根据句意,选D是正确答案。a series of“一系列, 许多”;range“范围,区域”,表示可以达到或探测到的最大范围(the maximum area in which it can reach things or detect things);kind指性质相同,而且特征很相似,足以归为一类的人或东西;quantity“数量”。

18.A.strange C.available

B.doubtful D.different

答案:D different“不同的”;strange“奇怪地”;doubtful“可疑的, 不确的”;

available“可用到的, 可利用的”。

19.A.result from

C.attend to B.stick to D.lead to

答案:D lead to “导致, 终于造成??结果”;result from“起于, 由于”,后加原因;stick to(=keep to)“坚持”;attend to“专心,照顾”。

20.A.avenues

C.benefit B.appeal D.attitude

答案:A avenues“方法,途径”;appeal to“向??呼吁”; benefit“利益, 好处”;attitude“态度”。 本题易误选D。

阅读理解。

For those who study the development of intelligence (智力) in the animal world,self-awareness is an important measurement. An animal that is aware (意识) of itself has a high level of intelligence.

Awareness can be tested by studying whether the animal recognizes itself in the mirror, that is, its own reflected image (反射出的影像). Many animals fail this exercise bitterly, paying very little attention to the reflected image. Only humans,and some intelligent animals like apes and dolphins,have been shown to recognize that the image in the mirror is of themselves.

Now another animal has joined the club. In the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers report that an Asian elephant has passed the mirror self-reflection test.

“We thought that elephants were the next important animal,”said Diana Reiss of the Wildlife Conservation Society, an author of the study with Joshua M. Plotnik and Fans B. M. de Waal of Emory University. With their large brains,Reiss said, elephants “seemed like cousins to apes and dolphins.”

The researchers tested Happy. Maxine and Patty, three elephants at the Bronx Zoo. They put an 8-foot-square mirror on a wall of the animals' play area (out of the sight of zoo visitors) and recorded what happened with cameras, including one built in the mirror.

The elephants used their long noses to find what was behind it,and to examine parts - 4 -

of their bodies.

Of the three, Happy then passed the test,in which a clear mark was painted on one side of her face. She could tell the mark was there by looking in the mirror, and she used the mirror to touch the mark with her long nose.

Diana Reiss said,“We knew elephants were intelligent, but now we can talk about their intelligence in a better way.”

文章通过实验说明能意识到自身形象的动物具有高智商。

1. What can mirror tests tell us about animals?

A. Whether they have large brains. B. Whether they have self-awareness.

C. Whether they enjoy outdoor exercises. D. Whether they enjoy playing with mirrors.

答案:B。细节理解题。由文章第二段第一句话“Awareness can be tested by...”可知B项正确。

2. Why does the author mention apes and dolphins in the text?

A. They are most familiar to readers.

B. They are big favorites with zoo visitors.

C. They are included in the study by Reiss.

D. They are already known to be intelligent.

答案:D。推理判断题。由第二段最后一句可知人们已经知道apes和dolphins是聪明的。

3. What made Happy different from Maxine and Patty?

A. She used her nose to search behind the mirror.

B. She recognized her own image in the mirror.

C. She painted a mark on her own face.

D. She found the hidden camera.

答案:B。推理判断题。由倒数第二段可推出Happy能辨别出自己在镜子中的形象。

阅读理解。

The practice of swapping fashions has recently been attracting attention worldwide, particularly in Europe and the United States. This is an activity aimed at making more effective use of resources by providing a platform for people to exchange free of charge those fashion items in their closets that they don’t use anymore.

In London, fashion swap events sponsored by the credit card company VISA focus - 5 -

on the swapping of specific brands. Japan’s first major fashion swap event,

“xChange,” was held in September 2007 in Tokyo. The xChange event is designed to exchange not only fishing items but also information and feelings from the owners of the clothes, using what is called an “episode tag.” Participants put tags on each of the items they bring and write their name and a bride episode about the items. For example, a tag of a white jacket read, “This is a gift from a friend, but it’s just not my style.” On a tag attached to a pair of red shoes, a person wrote. “These don’t fit me anymore. I hope someone who loves red can use them.” Just as shoppers check price tags, some people check the episode tags before making a selection, imagining who used to wear the item. The episode tags make people aware of the human connection by exchanging goods.

Many participants say things like, “I’m very lucky to get such lovely clothes for free,” and “I was happy to see someone try on and choose what I brought here.” Unwanted clothes for one person can be new and exciting for someone else. Besides, xChange achieves close to a 100-percent reuse rate by donating leftover clothes to companies that reuse or recycle secondhand clothing. Anything they cannot use, they then donate to developing countries or reuse them as rags.

Since 2007, the xChange event has been held every two or three months in a different region of Japan, always attracting many participants. This success is probably because it is an active event that gives participants opportunities to enjoy fashion without increasing the impact on the environment.

1. What's the main purpose of the fashion exchange?

A. To attract people's attention. B. To make good use of resources. C. To get rid of unwanted clothes. D. To try to avoid buying new clothes. 答案解析:答案为B。 本题为细节题。由第一段第二句话 “This is an activity aimed at making more effective use of resources by?”可知,答案为B。

2. What is special about "an episode tag"?

A. It provides personal information of the owner. - 6 -

B. It is being attached by a price tag.

C. It gives details of a fashion item.

D. It includes brief information of the item and feelings of the owner.

答案解析:答案为D。本题为词义推测题。由第二段 “The xChange event is designed to exchange not only fishing items but also information and feelings from the owners of the clothes, using what is called an “episode tag.”可知,答案为D。

3. That the xChange event has achieved success is probably because ____.

A. it donates secondhand clothing to developing countries

B. it changes people's way of consuming

C. offers an example of enjoying fashion without damaging environment D. it shows fashion is the best policy for women

答案解析:答案为C。本题为细节题。由最后一段 “This success is probably because it is an active event that gives participants opportunities to enjoy fashion without increasing the impact on the environment.”可知,答案为C。

4. Which of the following can be the best title of the passage?

A. "Fashion Exchange" Concept Grows in Japan. B. "xChange" Environment Meets the Fashion Industry. C. The Global Rise of the Fashion Exchange.

D. Join in "xChange".

答案解析:答案为A。本题为主旨大意题。由第二段 “Japan’s first major fashion swap event, ‘xChange,’ was held in September 2007 in Tokyo.” 可知,第一届Fashion Exchange2007年在日本东京举办,后文对其进行了介绍,最后一段呼应文章的中心 “Since 2007, the xChange event has been held every two or three months in a different region of Japan, always attracting many participants.”, 因此本文主要介绍Fashion Exchange在日本的盛行,尽管第一段提到Fashion Exchange在欧美受到了欢迎,但这仅仅是Fashion Exchange的影响,故最佳标题为A。

【2015高考复习】阅读理解

When you're surfing the Internet on your laptop from your dorm or home,do you know your personal details are being gathered secretly?And would you be surprised to know the information may be sold cheaply to advertisers and marketers?

According to an investigation by The Wall Street Journal,all it takes is a tiny file in a computer-a single code consisting of a long series of numbers and letters-to record the computer user's age,gender,location,favorite movies and hobbies. The newspaper reports that Lotame Solutions Inc.,a New York company,uses a

sophisticated (先进的) software.called “beacon”to capture what people are typing on a website.

Lotame packages that data into profiles (个人资料) about individuals,only without their names,and sells the profiles to companies seeking customers.Batches of such data may be sold for a few dollars.

The Wall Street Journal survey discovered that spying on Internet users is one of the fastest-growing businesses on the World Wide Web.

The “cookie”-a tiny text file put on your PC by websites or marketing firms which might be used to remember your preferences for one site,or to track you across many sites is already old news.There are new and more complex tools such as “beacons”which scan in real time what people are doing on a webpage.These beacons instantly assess the Internet user's location,income,shopping interests and even medical conditions. Millions of Internet users around the world also face unprecedented (空前的)

threats.Private,sensitive,personal and business information is being gathered and sold without their knowledge.

Companies insist the information they gather is anonymous and the data is used harmlessly.But the technology has grown so powerful that even some of the biggest websites in the US don't know that they were installing intrusive files on visitors' computers.These include MSN.com and Yahoo.com.

Next time you visit a webpage and find an ad banner advertising something you've been planning to buy,don't be amazed that your computer can read your mind.

【语篇导读】 经常上网的人可能都遇到过这样的情况:浏览网页(surfing the Internet)时总是跳出一些广告,内容还都是你最近想买的商品。别误会,你的电脑还没智能到读懂你的想法——是你的个人隐私被出卖啦!赶快来看看是怎么一回事吧!

1.The purpose of the passage is to________.

A.introduce a tiny file in a computer-a single code

B.show how your individual information was let out when you surf the Internet

C.show how to protect your privacy

D.introduce a sophisticated software called “beacon”

答案 B [主旨大意题。本文围绕着上网时你的个人信息被别人收集并且被出售了讲述。故选B项。]

2.All of the following statements are not true EXCEPT________.

A. Lotame sells the profiles about individuals to companies seeking customers with their age,gender,location,hobbies and names

B.spying on Internet users is the fastest-growing business on the World Wide Web

C.some of the biggest websites in the US know they were installing intrusive files on visitors' computers

D.a tiny file in a computer-a single code consisting of a long series of numbers and letters can record the user's information

答案 D [细节理解题。根据第四段“Lotame packages that data into profiles about individuals,only without their names, and sells the profiles to companies seeking customers.”可知A错误。根据第五段“spying on Internet users is one of the

fastest-growing businesses on the World Wide Web.”可知B错误。根据倒数第二段“some of the biggest websites in the US don't know that they were installing intrusive files on visitors’computers.”可知C错误。根据第二段可知D正确。]

3.It can be inferred that________.

A.because the data is used harmlessly,Internet users

around the world will not face threats

B.when a person surfs the Internet,his personal details may be let out without his knowledge

C.your computer can really read your mind

D.MSN.com and Yahoo.com.use a software to capture what people are typing on a website 答案 B [推理判断题。根据文章第一段以及下文可知,当一个人上网时,他的信息有可能在自己不知道的情况下被别人所泄露或出售。]

4.According to the passage,“beacon”________.

A.is a tiny text file put on your PC by websites

B.is a software that can package that data into profiles about individuals

C.can assess the Internet user's location,income,shopping interests and even medical conditions

D.is not more complex than the “cookie”

答案 C [细节理解题。根据第六段“beacons instantly assess the Internet user's location, income, shopping interests and even medical conditions.”可知选C。根据第六段“The“cookie”—a tiny text file put on your PC by websites”可知A错误。根据第四段“Lotame packages that data into profiles(个人资料)about individuals”可知B错误。根据第六段“there are new and more complex tools such as“beacons”可知D错误。]

5.What's the writer's attitude to this problem?

A.Neutral.

C.Optimistic. B.Worried. D.Indifferent.

答案 B [观点态度题。根据文章倒数第三段“Millions of Internet users around the world also face unprecedented threats.Private,sensitive,personal and business information is being gathered and sold without their knowledge.”可知,作者指出互联网用户面临着空前的威

阅读理解。

I don't think comic book "collector" really applies to me at all. I’m probably more of a comic book "appreciator". My interest has always been in what can be accomplished with the medium of "visual story-telling".

I'm not sure exactly where this interest of mine came from. I do know that as a child, comic books allowed me to improve my reading skills. “The Mighty Thor" helped me develop an interest in old legends, and “Challengers of the Unknown" got me crazy about science fiction. The combination of words and pictures was a perfect springboard for my childhood imagination.

How does one learn to appreciate comic book art? There is a classic example that sheds quite a bit of light on the subject. Writer Scott Macloud just explains what makes a comic book stand out in his best selling book Understanding Comics. The book, first published in 1994, has been translated into 13 languages and is practically a bible for students studying graphic illustration (图示说明) in novels.

On the internet there are some cool comic book sites to be found—hundreds and hundreds of them as a matter of fact. More than a few are dedicated to super heroes - 10 -

and the like. But there are some choice sites that I would visit, because they provide some great resources that discuss the comic book as an art form. Noteworthy among them is a great article and interview at www. rcharvey. corn, which discusses the impact of several artists and writers in the field.

I have a huge admiration for anyone who can produce comic stories that can make readers think, laugh and cry. Maybe make them dream.

Check it out. Spend two dollars on a comic book and read it with your children. Or better yet, search out some of the more “adult" tides and read it for yourself. You may find yourself enjoying what you see and read. You may even find yourself wanting more.

1. What does the author mainly intend to talk about in Paragraph 2?

A. Influence of comic books on reading in childhood. B. Ways to improve one's reading skills. C. Subjects of comic books.

D. Popularity of two comic books.

答案解析:答案为A。本题为段落大意题。细读第二段可知 “I'm not sure exactly where this interest of mine came from. I do know that as a child, comic books allowed me to improve my reading skills.”为本段的中心句,后面的内容都是对此进行了解释说明,故答案为A。

2. The underlined part "sheds quite a bit of light on" (Para.3) means "____".

A. does a basic research on B. causes a fierce debate on C. provides new information on D. makes a quick survey on

答案解析:答案为C。本题为语义推断题。结合划线部分的后面两句话可知,Writer Scott Macloud写了一本书,被翻译成13种语言,帮助学生理解漫画。划线部分的意思与C选项最接近。故答案为C。

3. If you want to know a few good writers of comic books, you will probably ____.

A. read Understanding Comics C. buy some comic books B. visit www.rcharvey.corn D. turn to comic story writers

答案解析:答案为B。本题为细节题。由第四段最后一句话 “Noteworthy among them is a - 11 -

great article and interview at www. rcharvey. corn, which discusses the impact of several artists and writers in the field.”可知,答案为B。

4. What does the author encourage people to do?

A. Develop an interest in old legends and science fiction. B. Share a comic book with children. C. Produce some comic stories.

D. Spend money and time appreciating comic books.

答案解析:答案为D。本题考查作者的态度观点。由最后一段 “Check it out. Spend two dollars on a comic book and read it with your children.”可知,答案为D。

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:圆锥曲线离心率求值与范围问题
  • 下一篇:四川省岳池县第一中学高中英语 Module6 Animals in Danger(Perio