天津市滨海新区2016高考英语完形填空和阅读理解暑假选练(10)

天津市滨海新区2016高考英语完形填空和阅读理解暑假选练(10)

【2014四川省资阳市第一次诊断性考试】

完形填空。阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。

My mother always says that I’m born to dance ballet. But that September when I was in a ballet class and went to do a turn, something just happened. I heard it and I surely 11 it. I went right to a doctor and got an X-ray examination, which 12 a lot of damage to my knee — a(n) 13 injury for a dancer. I had to have a(n) 14.

Everything had been going so well and now I had this huge injury. Dance was my life, but 15, I wasn’t going to be able to do it for a year or 16 never again.My dad was really a big inspiration for me. He was 17 a battle against cancer at that time. He showed me how to make it through a 18 situation. I thought that if he could do that, I could handle this, too. 19 my operation, I had great difficulty walking, but I knew that if I really worked hard, my injury would heal. Several months later, I definitely wasn’t at my strongest, but I could 20 a class. The dancing I did was 21 at first — moves that my knee could handle.Once we started practicing in the fall, I was beginning to feel like myself 22. One day, I 23 the schedule and my name was next to Eliot Feld. I thought it must be a(n) 24 because he is very famous in the ballet world. But it wasn’t. He 25 me and taught me a lot of things. At l8, I had a solo performance! It was a big 26. I was so excited and felt like a real ballerina. After the 27, Eliot said, “You know, you have a(n) 28 — and you are also made of steel.” That, coming from him, was the 29 compliment (赞美) I have ever received. I’d like to think that 30 my injury made me strong.

11. A. touched

12. A. pointed

13. A. necessary

14. A. holiday

15. A. in time

16. A. possiblyB. acceptedB. said C. broke C. readD. felt D. showedD. important B. deadlyB. cry C. practicalC. operation D. test D. once in a while B. all of a sudden C. at present C. surprisinglyB. luckilyD. hardly

- 1 -

17. A. leading 18. A. wonderful 19. A. After

B. fighting B. difficult B. During B. take up B. quick B. then

C. losing

D. inventing D. heavy

C. positive

C. At D. Over

D. get through

D. hard

20. A. set out 21. A. basic

C. break into

C. formal

22. A. before 23. A. stole

C. again C. faced

D. too D. checked D. task

B. borrowed

24. A. mistake 25. A. held

B. opportunity C. problem

B. obeyed

C. encouraged

D. received

D. position D. match

26. A. surprise 27. A. speech 28. A. gift

B. secret C. success

B. performance C. competition

C. luck

B. chance B. deepest

D. exercise

29. A. simplest C. greatest D. smartest

D. turning to

30. A. dealing with

【参考答案】 11-15 DDBCB

B. letting out C. setting up

16-20 ABBAD

21-25 ACDAC 26-30 CBACA(每小题1.5分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A.B.C和D项中,选出最佳选项。

Do you want to live with a strong sense of peacefulness, happiness, goodness, and self-respect? The collection of happiness actions broadly categorized(把?归类) as "honor" help you create this life of good feelings.

Here's an example to show how honorable actions create happiness.

Say a store clerk fails to charge us for an item. If we keep silent, and profit from the clerk's mistake, we would drive home with a sense of sneaky(卑鄙的) excitement. Later we might tell our family or friends about our good fortune. On the other hand, if we tell the clerk about the uncharged item, the clerk would be grateful and thank us for our honesty. We would leave the store with a quiet sense of honor that we might never share with another soul.

Then, what is it to do with our sense of happiness?

In the first case, where we don't tell the clerk, a couple of things would happen. Deep down inside we would know ourselves as a type of thief. In the process, we would lose some peace of mind and self-respect. We would also demonstrate(演示) that we cannot be trusted, since we advertise our dishonor by telling our family and friends. We damage our own reputations by telling others. In contrast, bringing the error to the clerk's attention causes different things to happen. Immediately the clerk knows us to be honorable. Upon leaving the store, we feel honorable and our self-respect is increased. Whenever we take honorable action we gain the deep internal rewards of goodness and a sense of nobility.

There is a beautiful positive cycle that is created by living a life of honorable actions. Honorable thoughts lead to honorable actions. Honorable actions lead us to a happier existence. And it's easy to think and act honorably again when we're happy. While the positive cycle can be difficult to start, once it's started, it's easy to continue. Keeping on doing good deeds brings us peace of mind, which is important for our happiness.

1. According to the passage, the positive action in the example contributes to our_______.

A. self-respect B. financial rewards C. advertising ability D. friendly relationship

2. The author thinks that keeping silent about the uncharged item is equal to_______.

A. lying B. stealing C. cheating D. advertising

3. The underlined phrase "bringing the error to the clerk's attention" means_______.

A. telling the truth to the clerk B. offering advice to the clerk

C. asking the clerk to be more attentive D. reminding the clerk of the charged item

4. How will we feel if we let the clerk know her mistake?

A. We'll be very excited. B. We'll feel unfortunate.

C. We'll have a sense of honor. D. We'll feel sorry for the clerk. 5 Which of the following can be the best title of this passage?

A. How to Live Truthfully B. Importance of Peacefulness

C. Ways of Gaining Self-respect D. Happiness through Honorable Actions

【参考答案】1—5、ABACD

【2015高考复习】阅读理解

The hottest“green”toy in Germany isn't made of organic or recycled materials.This one has a solar panel and only runs if kids remember to insert bright red “energy stones”that power the space station.Germany,a pioneer in many renewable energy initiatives,is also at the forefront of creating environment-friendly toys aimed at making kids think about where energy comes from and how much of it they can use,raising awareness through play.A number of high-tech green toys are on display at this year's Nuremberg toy fair,which runs through Sunday.

Among them,there are hydroelectric-powered(水电动力的)toy cars,and doll houses with wind turbines and rainwater catchers.The bright green “Future Planet”space station features an inner atrium(中庭)with a fan that is powered by a functioning solar cell.Its aim is to get kids to use their imagination about how energy will be created in the future.

Makers and retailers believe such toys will play an increasingly important role in their future—and that of our kids.“Energy is the question of the future and we are definitely thinking about this as we move ahead,”said Judith Schweinitz,a spokeswoman for Playmobil,maker of the solar panel-fitted space station.“It is increasingly being brought into our play concept.”Green toys—which range from those made of sustainable materials to ones like the space station that just raise environmental awareness—make up only a sliver of the $ 84 billion international toy market,but their share is growing,studies indicate.Environmental research firm Earthsense,based in Syracuse,New York,predicts that green toys will account for about $ 1 billion,or 5 percent of U.S.toy sales in the next five years.Parents are smart and they want information about what's in the product.That's what's really driving the market.

【语篇解读】 本文向我们介绍了德国研制的“环保”玩具的最新情况,该研究的目的是提高儿童节能环保的意识。

16.The hottest “green”toy in Germany is ________.

A.made of rubbish

B.made of organic or recycled materials

C.equipped with a solar panel

D.driven by an advanced motor

答案 C [事实细节题。从第一段第二句可知,德国目前最受欢迎的“绿色(环保)”玩具装有太阳能电池板。]

17.The purpose of making the green toys is to ________.

A.raise kids' awareness about energy and environment

B.improve kids' imagination

C.give kids the knowledge of technology

D.improve the safety of toys

答案 A [事实细节题。从第一段第三句可知,生产这些环保玩具的目的是提高孩子节约能源和保护环境的意识。]

18.We can infer from the last paragraph that the green toys ________.

A.can help save little energy

B.are not accepted by parents

C.will sell well in the future

D.have not been produced

答案 C [推理判断题。从最后一段可推知,虽然这种环保玩具目前所占的市场份额较小,但它的前景会很好。]

19.Which of the following BEST describes the opinion of Earthsense about green toys?

A. Doubtful.

B.Optimistic. D.Proud. C.Disappointed.

答案 B [推理判断题。根据最后一段倒数第三句可知,环境研究公司Earthsense认为环保玩具会有很好的市场前景,故他们对环保玩具持乐观的态度。]

【2015高考复习】阅读理解

“The U.S.Food and Drug Administration(FDA)is considering to put stricter limits over tanning salons(晒黑廊)and wants to ban anyone younger than 18 years of age from using a tanning bed,”an advisory panel(专家团)announced last week.

The panel is calling for tighter controls on the industry such as requiring teenagers to get the approval from their parents before using tanning beds or limiting the use of artificial tanning to a certain age.“Given the absence of any demonstrated benefits,I think it is an obligation for us to ban artificial tanning for those under 18,”said panelist Dr.Michael Olding.

Along with a possible ban for teenagers,the panel also recommended that visible warning labels should be placed either on the tanning machines or in the salons in - 5 -

order to caution tanners of the possible dangers.In addition,the committee decided that stricter regulations and classifications were critical to make the machines safer.At this time the machines are categorized as FDA Class 1 devices,the ones that are least likely to cause harm.In case the FDA decided to change their classification from Class 1 to Class 2,as advised by the panel,the FDA could limit the levels of radiation the machines emit.Class 2 devices include X-ray machines and powered wheelchairs.

Getting a tan,whether from a tanning bed or the sun,increases the risk of developing skin cancer.Last year,the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)declared tanning beds as “carcinogenic(致癌的)to

humans”.It was discovered that young individuals in their teens and 20s who use tanning beds on a regular basis have a 75 per cent higher risk of suffering from melanoma(黑素瘤),the deadliest form of skin cancer.According to the American Cancer Society,melanoma accounted for nearly 69,000 cases of skin cancer in 2009 and will account for most (about 8,650)of the 11,590 mortality cases due to skin cancer each year.

【语篇解读】 随着人们审美观的变化, 越来越多的人希望自己拥有健康的古铜色皮肤。于是日光浴和晒黑廊相应而生。晒黑真的能使人拥有健康的皮肤吗?专家告诉我们并非如此。针对这种情况,美国食品药物管理局又会做何行动呢?

20.According to the passage,what measures will U.S.FDA most probably take?

A.Banning tanning salons.

B.Posing heavier tax over tanning salons.

C.Having tighter controls over tanning salons.

D.Limiting the number of tanning salons in every state.

答案 C [事实细节题。由第一段第一句可知,FDA正在考虑对晒黑廊设置更严限制,并禁止18岁以下的青少年使用晒黑床。]

21.Which of the following suggestions for making tanning salons safer is NOT mentioned?

A.Visible caution.

B.Setting age limit.

C.Professional personnel.

D.Parental approval for teenagers.

答案 C [事实细节题。第二段的第一句提到了征得父母同意和年龄限制的规定。第三段第一句提到了visible warning labels。只有专业人士(professional personnel)没有被提出来使晒黑廊成为更为安全的场所。]

22.What does the writer want to express in the last paragraph?

A.Tanning in one's youth may mean death.

B.Tanning in the sun is safer than on the tanning bed.

C.People should get tanned without getting melanoma.

D.Getting tanned is only a good idea for those above thirty years old.

答案 A [推理判断题。作者在最后一段中显示,不管是日光浴还是使用晒黑床,都极易生长黑素瘤——最致命的皮肤癌。所以A项正确。]

23.What will most probably happen,if the advisory panel's suggestions are adopted and put into practice?

A.Fewer people will suffer from skin cancer.

B.Tanning salons will have more customers.

C.Getting a tan in a tanning salon will cost less.

D.Parents will be more anxious about their tanning children.

答案 A [推理判断题。由文章可知,专家团的建议是禁止18岁以下的青少年使用晒黑床,并在机器上或晒黑廊里张贴晒黑可能导致的危害的警告。这些建议一旦被接受并实现,自然使进行日光浴或使用晒黑床的人数会减少,这也相应减少了患皮肤癌的人数。]

阅读理解。

Maybe you never opened that account, but someone else did ——someone who used your name and personal information to commit fraud(造假). When an imposter uses your name, your credit card number, or some other piece of your personal information for their own purpose –in short, when someone takes your personal information without your knowledge –it’s a crime, pure and simple.

The biggest problem is that you may not know your identity(身份)has been stolen until you notice that something’s wrong: you may get bills for a credit card account you never opened, your credit report may include debts you never knew you had, a billing cycle may pass without your receiving a statement, or you may see charges on your bills that you didn’t sign for, and even don’t know anything about.

If someone has stolen your identity, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) suggests that you take three actions immediately.

First, contact the fraud departments of each of the three major credit offices. Tell them to flag your file with a fraud alert(警告)including a statement that creditors - 7 -

should get your permission before opening any new accounts in your name.

Then, ask the credit offices for copies of your credit reports. Credit offices must give you a free copy of your report if it is not correct because of fraud. Review your reports carefully to make sure no additional fraudulent accounts have been opened in your name or unauthorized(侵权的)changes made to your present accounts. In a few months, order new copies of your reports to check your corrections and changes, and to make sure no new fraudulent activity has occurred.

1. What’s the subject discussed in the text?

A. What you should do if your credit card is stolen.

B. What you should do if your identity is stolen.

C. What an imposter always does to make money.

D. What the Federal Trade Commission is about.

答案解析:答案为 B。本题考查文章的主旨大意。本文的前半部分引出身份信息被盗的问题,后面的重点是告诉读者身份信息被盗后该如何做。故答案为B。

2. What should you do first when you find your identity is stolen?

A. Inform creditors not to open any new accounts in your name without your permission.

B. Ask for copies of your credit reports and make sure no other frauds have been made.

C. Keep ordering new copies to check what you have already changed and corrected.

D. Always lock your ID card in your cupboard in case it should be stolen.

答案解析:答案为A。本题为推理题。由倒数第二段可知,当发现个人身份信息被盗后,首先要联系防伪部门,让他们关注你的资料,警告债权人在用你的名字开任何新的账户前应该得到你的允许。故答案为A。

3. What is the most difficult thing for people to deal with identity frauds?

A. No measures can work on the billing cycle. B. There is no strict law for this kind of behaviors. C. It might be a long time before you realize that. - 8 -

D. The FTC does nothing except for three suggestions.

答案解析:答案为C。本题为细节推理题。由文章第二段首句 “The biggest problem is that you may not know your identity has been stolen until you notice that something’s wrong?”可知,直到你注意出了问题后才知道身份信息被盗是最大的问题。故答案为C。

4. Which is the least possible if a fraud has happened to you?

A. You may have debts in your credit card. B. You may find charges on your bills unauthorized. C. A new credit card may be opened in your name. D. The fraud departments can find out the imposter right away.

答案解析:答案为D。本题为推理题。由第二段冒号后面的内容可知,身份信息被盗后,你的信用卡会负债,你会收到未经授权的收费账单,还会出现以你的名字新开的信用卡。文中未提及防伪部门可以马上找到骗子,后文的措施也是在暗示找到骗子并不容易。故答案为D。

【2015高考复习】阅读理解

If you exhibit positive characteristics such as honesty and helpfulness,the chances are that you will be thought as a good-looking person,for a new study has found that the perception (认知) of physical attractiveness is influenced by a person's

personality.The study,which was led by Gary W.Lewandowski,has found that people who exhibit negative characteristics,such as unfairness and rudeness,appear to be less physically attractive to observers.In the study,the participants viewed

photographs of opposite-sex individuals and rated them for attractiveness before and after being provided with information about their personalities.

After personality information was received,participants also rated the probability of each individual's becoming a friend and a dating partner.Information on personality was found to significantly change the probability,showing that cognitive (认知的) processes modify(修改)judgments of attractiveness.

“Thinking a person as having a desirable personality makes the person more suitable in general as a close relationship partner of any kind,”said Lewandowski.

The findings show that a positive personality leads to greater expectation of becoming friends,which leads to greater expectation of becoming romantic partners and,finally, - 9 -

to being viewed as more physically attractive.The findings remained consistent regardless of how“attractive”the individual was formerly thought to be or of the participants' current relationship status.

“This research provides a positive outcome by reminding people that personality goes a long way toward determining your attractiveness;it can even change people's impressions of how good-looking you are,”said Lewandowski.

【语篇导读】 据最新研究表明,一个人外表的吸引力会受到他性格的影响,一个拥有积极个性的人会被认为是最有吸引力的人。

20.In the study the participants were required to________.

A.try to make friends with each other

B.try to prove positive characters make people more attractive

C.exhibit negative characters such as unfairness and rudeness

D.rate one's attractiveness by photos before and after knowing her or his personality 答案 D [事实细节题。文章第二段最后一句In the study,the participants...rated them for attractiveness before and after being provided with information about their personalities(参与者??在得知照片人物的性格的前后分别对他们的吸引力做出评估),故选D。]

21.What's the CORRECT order of how cognitive processes modify judgments of attractiveness?

a.find a person with a positive personality

b.view the person more physically attractive

c.want to make friends with the person

d.want to be his/her romantic partner

A.a→c→d→b

C.c→b→a→d B.d→c→b→a D.a→d→c→b

答案 A [事实细节题。根据文章倒数第二段a positive personality(a)leads to greater expectation of becoming friends(c)(积极的性格会产生做朋友的期待),becoming friends,which leads to greater expectation of becoming romantic partners(d)(做朋友会产生成为恋爱伙伴的期待),finally,to being viewed as more physically attractive(b)(最后会觉得对方更加有吸引力),故选A。]

22.Which of the following is WRONG according to the passage?

A.The research reminds people to pay more attention to the personality.

B.Personality can change people's impressions of one's appearance.

C.The judgment of one's attractiveness always stays unchanged.

D.Positive personality may lead to more friends.

答案 C [事实细节题。根据文章第一段中的the perception(认知)of physical

attractiveness is influenced by a person's personality(一个人外表的吸引力受到他性格的影响),或最后一段中的it can even change people's impressions of how good-looking you are(这甚至能够改变一个人对你有多好看的看法)可知对一个人吸引力的判断是会改变的,不是一成不变的(unchanged),故C选项的说法不对,选C。]

23.The passage is written in a(n)________tone.

A.subjective

C.sceptical B.objective D.negative

答案 B [推理判断题。文章客观介绍了一个实验的结果,作者的语气是objective(客观的)。subjective主观的,sceptical怀疑的,negative消极的,均不符合文章的描述。]

24.Who are the intended readers of this passage?

A.People with positive characteristics.

B.Good-looking people.

C.People with negative characteristics.

D.General people.

答案 D [推理判断题。本文是对一个实验的客观介绍,目标读者就是普通群众(general people),故选D。]

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:天津市蓟县2016高考英语阅读理解一轮选练(9)
  • 下一篇:天津市滨海新区2016高考英语完形填空和阅读理解暑假选练(6)