牛津译林版英语9A Unit6单元测试(2)含答案

九年级英语(上)Unit 6 单元测试

一、单项选择。(18%)

1.I stayed up late last night, so I need _______ sleep after lunch today.

A. a fewB. fewC. a little D. little

2. The number ofstudents in our school ______3000 and a number of the them ______from the same city.

A. is, is B.are, are C.is, areD. are ,is

3.The Youth Olympic Games were covered____ in Nanjing this August.

A .liveB . alive C . livingD. lively

4.The children won’t watch TV _______ their teacher allows them to do that.

A. ifB. whenC .unless D. whether

5.He won’t go to the birthday party if the host________ him.

A. isn’t invitedB .doesn’t invite

C. won’t inviteD. won’t be invited

6. If you want to learn more about the nature or real-life events, you can choose__________

A.game show B.documentaryC chat show D.drama series

7.The man was found______ this morning, but nobody knew the reason.

A.diedB.dying C.deadD.death

8.When you go abroad and live there , you will_____how important it is to learn English well.

A. noticeB.realize C.remindD. require

9. The film _________by Zhangyimou has been broadcast many times in our city.

A. was directedB. directedC. directorD is directed

10.He didn’t know _______danger the man had to face at the sea.

A. how muchB. how many C. how often D. how heavy

11.Bill Gates, from Microsoft,_______ designing the software of Windows.

A. is afraid of B. is full of

C. is worried about D.is famous for

12.The performance______for three hours and it was a great success.

A. covered B. reachedC.lasted D.voted

13.Zhao Wei won an award _____her perfect film “ So young”.

A. as B. for C.byD.in

14. Millie likes watching Ads because she thinks they are_______.

A.silly B.free C.creative D.curious

15.When you read a newspaper, you should skim______ first.

A. headlines B.paragraphs C.articles D.sentences

16.It is reported that many important leaders will _____us in the charity concert.

A. take part in B. join C join in D. attend

17.About______people took part in the show by sending text messages.

A.200 thousandB. 200 thousands

C. 200 thousands of D. 200 thousand of

18. A: I like game shows because I want to take on challenges and win a big prize.

B: _______________. I think game shows are interesting.

A. I don’t agree B. I am afraid not. C. I can’t agree more D. I hate them.

二.完型填充(10%)

Televisions have been necessary in most houses for a long time. Children like watching TV. playing with and breaking things.

Watching TV can help your children ____20___ about lots of things, such as music, cultures in foreign countries, and many other things. They will know what is good and what is bad. TV also ____21_____ children with up-to-date information about the outside world.

However, it’s not ______22____ to say that watching TV doesn’t have any bad effect on children. You can’t let them watch TV as much as they want. Watching TV takes up a lot of time. Children need to ____23____ the world by themselves, not just from TV. Besides, children are growing and they need to move around and get plenty of ____24___ . Sitting still and watching TV too much will make children become weaker physically. Most children like to eat snacks ____25____ watching TV. That will make them put on weight. To make it worse, some TV programmes may be ____26____ of ads and violent scenes. These things, of course, are bad for children.

As parents, you have to choose the right channels for them, and shouldn’t let the TV be on all day. Turn it off right after the programmes ___27____. Encourage them to join the outdoor activities. Never put a TV in the bedroom, ___28____ not in your children’s room!

A

The first public television broadcast in the United States took place in 1928. The broadcast didn’t reach many people ---at that time there were only four television sets.

Today,98 percent of American houses have at least one television and 41 percent have three or more. The average American house has the TV on for 7 hours and 40 minutes every day.

Many people are concerned with the effect that so much television has on American people especially children. The average child watches 28 hours of TV a week. The average youth spends 1,023 hours a year

watching TV (they spend only 900 hours a year in school). By the time they finish high school, the average American teenager will have seen 16,000 murders on TV. One group trying to get people to watch less TV is the TV-Turnoff Club, who celebrate TV Turnoff Week every year.In 2002,they got 6.5 million people to stop watching TV for a week. “Turn off TV, turn on life,” they say. Watching less TV is also taking off with famous Hollywood persons. Tom Cruise the actor, only allows his children to watch 3.5 hours of TV a week. Director Stephen Spielberg only lets his five children watch an hour a day. One Australian actress, Naomi Watts, lets her children watch only the soccer watch only the World Cup on TV once every four years.

29. What is the best title for this passage?

A. A History of Television B. American Television Programmes

C. Can Television Be a Bad Thing ? D.Hollywood Celebrity Families

30. What percentage of American houses have one or two television sets?

A. 41 percent. B. 57 percent. C. 59 percent. D. 98 percent.

31. What is the TV-Turnoff Network?

A. A television station.

B. A group of teenagers who watch a lot of TV.

C. The people who came up with TV-Turnoff Week.

D. A group of Hollywood stars and their families.

32. According to the reading, who lets his/her children watch the most TV?

A. The TV-Turnoff Network. B. Tom Cruise.

C. Stephen Spielberg. D. Naomi Watts.

B

The Voice of China is a large music show in China. This show is also the only one which regards the voice as the only ruler. It premiered at 21:15 on July 13,2012,on the Zhejiang Television. It has attracted great attention. The show became an overnight sensation.

The first season used “Real voice, real music” as its slogan.

As a mentor, singers like Liu Huan, Na Ying, Yu Chengqing will and be responsible for seeking world-shaking voices of China in the following three and a half months, through 4 stages, namely “blind choosing”, “selectingteam PK” and “yearly grand ceremony”. It is really a miracle that The Voice of China can stand out in the flood of today’s talent shows in China and attracts the audience.A great many of the audience said this will be the best television show in this summer. They were all proud for the good voices of China.

The students’ beautiful voices moved everyone. Xu Haixing, a girl from Chengdu, sang Self to realize her father’s dream and Liu HUan was moved to tears by her song.

Huang Yong sang In Spring showing his persistence on his dream and Yang Kun cried for this. The blind girl Zhang Yuxia,a busker(街头艺人) from Taiwan, played while singing. She was praised as Li Jun No.2 for her unique unique touched everybody. Na Ying went to the stage to

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:牛津译林版英语9A Unit6 TV programmes 单元卷
  • 下一篇:人教版道德与法治七上期中复习自测试题