上海市杨浦区2017届高三下学期高中等级质量调研(二模)英语

杨浦区2016学年第二学期高三模拟质量调研

英语学科试卷 2017.4

II .Grammar and Vocabulary

Section A

I was standing in the checkout line behind a woman who looked to be in __21__ 60s. When it was her turn to pay, the cashier greeted her by name and asked her how she was doing.

The woman looked down, ___22___(shake)her head and said:―Not so good.‖My husband just lost his job and my son is up to his old tricks again. The truth is, I don’t know how I’m going to get through the holidays.‖

Then she gave the cashier food stamps.

My heart ached. I wanted to help but didn’t know how.(23)______I offer to pay for her groceries or ask for her husband’s resume?

As I walked into the parking lot, I saw the women ___(24)(return)her shopping cart. I remembered something in my purse(25)________I thought could help her. It wasn’t a handful of cash or an offer of a job for her husband, but maybe it would make her life better.

My heart pounded as I approached the woman.

―Excuse me,‖I said, my voice trembling a bit.―I couldn’t help overhearing what you said to the cashier. It sounds like you’re going through a really hard time right now. I’m so sorry. I’d like to give you something.‖I handed her the small card from my purse.

When the woman read the card’s only two words, she began to cry. And through her tears, she said:―You have no idea(26)_______ this means to me.‖

I was a little startled by her reply.(27)________(not do)anything like this before, I didn’t know what kind of reaction I might receive. All left for me (28)_______(say)was:―Oh. Would it be OK to give you a hug?‖

(29)________we embraced, I walked back to my car --and began to cry, too.

The words on the card?

―You Matter.‖

A few weeks earlier, a colleague gave me a similar card(30)____ encouragement for a project I was working on. When I read the card, I felt a warm glow spread inside of me. Deeply touched, I came home and ordered my own box of You Matter card and started sharing them.

Most of us learn at primary school that there are seven continents, but the next generation of kids may be adding one more to that list.

According to a recent paper published in the Geological Society of American Journal by a group of researchers,―Zealandia‖ is a new continent that’s ___31___ beneath the ocean.

Zealandia is ___32___ to be five million sq km. Most of this massive area is covered by water, but its highest mountains already have their own name:New Zealand.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:四川省成都市龙泉驿区第一中学2017届高三4月月考 语文
  • 下一篇:上海市杨浦区2017届高三下学期高中等级质量调研(二模)数学