40分钟限时训练

高一英语下学期 限训(III)

完型填空 The Blind Boy

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a __1__ which said: “I am blind, please help.” There were only a few __2__ in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his __3__ and dropped them into the hat. He __4__ took the sign, turned it around and wrote some words. He __5__ the sign __6__ everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to __7__. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon the man who had __8__ the sign came to see __9__ things were. The boy __10__ his footsteps and asked, “Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?”

The man said, “I only wrote the truth. I said what you said in a different way, __11__.” What he had written was: “Today is a(n) __12__ day and I cannot see it.”

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?

__13__ both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so __14__ that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more __15__?

Be thankful for what you have. __16__ life gives you 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to __17__. Face your past without regret. __18__ your present with confidence (自信). Prepare for the __19__ without fear. Keep the faith and __20__ the fear.

1. A. Cover B. signC. board D. note

2. A. cashesB. treasures C. pennies D. coins

3. A. pocketB. can C. backpack D. case

4. A. stillB. then C. already D. yet

5. A. put onB. put outC. put off D. put back

6. A. in caseB. now thatC. so that D. as though

7. A. mix upB. show upC. fill up D. make up

8. A. changed B. preparedC. supported D. reached

9. A. whatB. why C. where D. how

10. A. realized B. recognized C. found D. discovered

11. A. though B. but C. yetD. still

12. A. average B. successfulC. harmoniousD. beautiful

13. A. After all B. In the long termC. Of course D. As a matter of fact

14. A. happyB. disappointed C. luckyD. strange

15. A. effective B. brave C. surprising D. scientific

16. A. OnceB. WhenC. UntilD. Because

17. A. smileB. exist C. survive D. prove

18. A. Look into B. Search forC. Deal with D. Depend on1

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:2017年合肥高三一模英语试题word版
  • 下一篇:高一解析几何复习