2014届高三英语十月月考卷(高考一轮复习必修三话题相关的试题)

2013 ---- 2014 学年度第一学期

高三英语10月月考试题

本试卷共10页,四大题,满分110分。考试用时90分钟。

I. 语言知识及应用 (共两节,满分35分)

第一节完形填空(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从1~15各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

“Today is the day I start the big diet (节食),” I told my wife as I raised my hand and __1__,“No chocolate today!”

“Oh, has the hospital gift shop __2__ selling it?” she asked.

“No,” I said. “I'll just have to depend on my strong determination.”

But when I arrived at the hospital, my little friend Benton had been there __3__. I knew my promise would quickly disappear. Because if Benton had things his way, I'd always be eating a piece of candy from the __4_ bag he often shared with me.

Benton was an eight-year-old boy who was__5__because of a kind of cancer, which caused him to live in the darkness, when he was fifteen __6__ old. For the next twenty-six months, he was in and out of our hospital. For nearly four years, it seemed __7__ Benton could beat the disease, until one Friday afternoon in April 2009, when he __8__ a headache and lost __9__ on his right side. His mom rushed him to the hospital.

Over the next several months, Benton came to our __10_ many more times. Each time he came, we __11_ say hello, while Benton answered the __12__by holding out a candy from his bag.

So, on that first day of my diet, I went to his room and found Benton lying in his bed, his eyes __13__ but not looking into this world.

“We brought his candy bag with us. Would you like to have some?” his mother asked.

Without thinking of my diet, I touched into the bag and pulled out the first piece my fingers touched. It was my favorite as if Benton had saved one last piece for me. At home that evening, I answered a phone about Benton's __14__. As I __15__ it up, I opened the candy and ate it.

1. A. shouted B. answered C. statedD. promised

2. A. stopped B. continued C. kept D. tried

3. A. once B. yetC. againD. early

4. A. bottomless B. countless C. endless D. beltless

5. A. illB. injured C. deaf D. blind

6. A. yearsB. seasonsC. monthsD. days

7. A. even though B. as thoughC. if only D. as with

8. A. found B. developed C. managed D. provided

9. A. movementB. touchC. motion D. sight

10. A. homeB. roomC. officeD. hospital

11. A. wouldB. couldC. should D. must

12. A. meeting B. greeting C. encouraging D. praising

13. A. closedB. glimpsed C. glared D. opened

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:2016 全国卷123语法填空真题
  • 下一篇:课堂新坐标2018版高考化学一轮复习有机化学基础第1节认识有机化