高 一 英 语 周 周 练

高 一 英 语 周 周 练

第一卷

第一部分阅读理解( 注意:答题卡从21题涂起;36-40依次涂在71-75上) 第一节 阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

Nearly a quarter century after a German boy threw a message in a bottle off a ship in the Baltic Sea, he's received an answer.

A 13-year-old Russian, Daniil Korotkikh, was walking with his parents on a beach when he saw something lying in the sand.

―I saw that bottle and it looked interesting, ‖ Korotkikh told The Associated Press on Tuesday.―It looked like a German beer bottle and there was a message inside.‖

It said, ―My name is Frank, and I'm five years old.My dad and I are travelling on a ship to Denmark.If you find this letter, please write back to me, and I will write back to you.‖ The letter, dated 1987, included an address in the town of Coesfeld.

The boy in the letter, Frank Uesbeck, is now 29.His parents still live at the letter's address. The Russian boy and the German man met each other earlier this month through an Internet video link.The Russian boy said he did not believe that the bottle actually spent 24 years in the sea.He believed it had been hidden under the sand where he found it for a long time.

Uesbeck was especially happy that he was able to have a positive effect on a life of a young person far away from Germany.―It's really a wonderful story, ‖ he said.―And who knows? Perhaps one day we will actually be able to arrange a meeting in person.‖ 21.What is this passage mainly about?

A.Message in a bottle.B.A beautiful beer bottle. C.Travelling on a ship. D.Meeting an old friend.

22.When the German boy threw the bottle into the sea, ________.

高一英语周周练

A.he was going back home B.he was already 29 years old C.he was walking with his parents on a beach D.he was travelling to Denmark by ship with his dad

23.According to the text, which of the following statements is TRUE?

A.Korotkikh's parents still live in the town of Coesfeld.

B.The German boy did not believe that the bottle actually spent 24 years in the sea. C.Frank Uesbeck and Daniil Korotkikh have met each other in person. D.Daniil Korotkikh and Frank Uesbeck have got in touch with each other.

24.Why was Uesbeck very happy when he got the information of the 24 years' message bottle?

A.Because he could have a new friend.

B.Because the two boys could surf the Internet together. C.Because he finally got what he had lost.

D.Because he could have a positive influence on a life of a young person.

B

Students who say they never or hardly ever use dictionaries often speak English well but usually write poorly, because they make many mistakes.

The students who use dictionaries most do not learn especially well either. The ones who look up every new word do not read fast. Therefore they do not have time to read much. Those who use small two-language dictionaries have the worst problems. Their dictionaries often give only one or two words as translations of English. But one English word often has many translations in a foreign language and one foreign word has many translations in English.

The most successful students are those who use large college edition dictionaries with about 100,000 words but do not use them too often. When they are reading, these students first try to get the general idea and understand new words from the context. Then they reread and use the dictionary to look up only key words that they still do not understand. They use dictionaries more for writing. If they are not sure how to spell a word, or divide it into syllables (音节), they always

- 1 -

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:高 一 英 语 周 周 练答题卡
  • 下一篇:高一英语语法定语从句导学案