辽宁省沈阳市郊联体2015届高三第二次模拟考试英语试题(含解析)

2015年沈阳市郊联体第二次模拟考试

英 语 试 卷

第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节:(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

The Great Barn Adventure

One morning when I was 11, I explored the town?s abandoned round grain barn(谷仓).I found a chained sliding door that was wide enough for me to pass through.

Inside, there was a heavy smell of dead mice in the dark. After my eyes adjusted, I noticed a shaft (竖井) that rose all the way to the top of the barn. On one side was a one-man elevator with a long rope and roller.

I stepped onto the platform and gave the rope a drag and the elevator began sliding up the shaft, but stopped halfway. After a brief panic attack, I noticed holes in the wall at regular intervals, forming a ladder. For reasons known only to an 11-year-old, I decided it would be better to go up than down. So, with shaking hands, I began climbing the wall.

After what seemed like forever, I reached the top of the shaft. I stood up, dusted myself off and found absolutely nothing of interest. It was just an empty room with a ladder leading up to the roof. I climbed all the way up here for this? Then I noticed a fire extinguisher(灭火器),which I?d always wanted to shoot off. So this was the chance of a lifetime. I tried it, and, much to my surprise, the thing worked! It shot out a thick cloud of powder that instantly filled the room. I couldn?t breathe. I was going to choke to death, and they?d probably never even find my body.

Luckily, I remembered the ladder to the roof. I climbed up, popped the straw roof and saw a bright blue sky.

I suddenly realized the dust and powder pouring out of the top could draw attention. So when the dust had settled, I climbed down and slipped out of the chained door. I?m not sure if I was more excited about being alive or about not being caught, but I ran all the way back home.

【文章解读】本文主要介绍了作者小时候在家乡谷仓的冒险经历。

21. When the author got inside the barn, he _______.

A. noticed a man on the elevatorB. opened the chained sliding door

C. saw many dead mice in the darkD. found a shaft leading to the top

【答案】D【解析】根据文章第二段After my eyes adjusted, I noticed a shaft (竖井) that rose all the way to the top of the barn可知作者在谷仓里发现了通向顶部的竖井。故选D。

22. Which of the following is the right order of the author?s adventure?

a. The elevator stopped halfway.b. He entered the round grain barn.

c. He climbed to the top of the shaft. d. He found a fire extinguisher and shot it off.

A. b-a-c-d B. a-c-b-d C. c-a-d-bD. b-c-a-d

【答案】A【解析】根据文章第一至四段文章将这几件事排序,第一段发生的是b,第三段发生的是a,由此可判断答案选A。

23. After getting out of the chained door, the author might feel _______.

A. inspired B. relievedC. surprisedD. disappointed

【答案】B【解析】根据文章第四段I stood up, dusted myself off and found absolutely nothing of interest可知作者出来连锁门后感到很放松。Inspired感到激励的;relieved感到放松的;

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:高三英语语法复习学案 虚拟语气
  • 下一篇:2015辽宁大连八中高三10月月考英语试题及答案