Couple: 夫妻; a couple of:两个,一对,几个

3. On the one hand… on the other hand:一方面。。。另一方面

4. All the year round:整年

5. Mostly:主要的,通常

6. Whether:是否

7. another, other, the other, others, the others

Another: adj.另一个,三者或三者以上不确定的另一个,后面加可数名词的单数形式,固定搭配one… another

Other: adj. 1. 泛指其他的,后面加可数名词的复数形式,如other students;

The other: adj. 特指其他的,后面可数名词的复数形式,如there are 32 students in the class. 19 of them are girls, and the other students are boys. 2. 表示两者中的另一个,后加可数名词的单数形式,名词可省略,句型为one…the other(one)

Others: 名词。 Others=other+相应名词复数

The others:名词。The others=the other+相应名词复数

anotherthe other

other others the others

1. He has two daughters. One is a teacher, is a nurse.

2. They study math, Chinese,history and subjects.

3. There are forty five students in her class. Twenty of them are boys, and are girls.

4. This pen is too expensive. Please show me 5. He is always ready to help 6. I have three foreign friends. One is from America, two are from England.

7. Some are cleaning the windows, are sweeping the floor.

解析:

1. 因为前提是two,所以是句型one…the other, 故答案为the other.

2. 句意为他们学习数学,语文,历史和其他的科目,这里其他的需要形容词,同时表示泛指,故答案为other。

3. 本题表示特指,同时需要的是名词,故答案为:the others。

4. 句意为请给我看另外一只笔,为不确定的另一个,故答案为another。

5. 句意为他总是乐意帮助其他的人,此处需要名词,并为泛指,故答案为others。

6. 此题需要形容词,并且为特指,故答案为the other。

7. 此处需要名词,并且为泛指,故为others。

基础演练

1. It's a 2. Mr. Wang seems 3. She had some problems 4. Every day, Mrs. Smith has much housework 5. Jenny practices 6. This is a great way 7. The box 8. Mr. Green always encourages us 9. I want to go to a beautiful and 10. Doing eye exercises 11. My uncle is a great many different kinds of things. (collect)

1. Japanese

2. to be

3. finishing

4. to do

5. playing

6. to learn

7. itself

8. to answer

9. peaceful

10. is

11. collector,collecting/to collect

巩固提高

1. Every year, 数以千计的) visitors come to China to visit the Great Wall. (词数不限)

2. 一方面), he doesn't work hard, 另一方面), he isn't good at speaking. (词数不限)

3. In the factory, 超过四分之三) of the workers come from the country.

4. The weather in my hometown is neither too hot nor too cold 一年到头). (词数不限)

5. 这是因为) his alarm clock didn't go off. (词数不限)

6. 你曾经去过纽约吗? (词数不限)

you New York?

7. 我们可以自己搭建帐篷。 (词数不限)

We can tents by ourselves.

8. 很难相信她从未看过那部电影。 (词数不限)

she has never seen the film.

9. 她正在考虑去哪儿度假。 (词数不限)

She where to go on vacation.

10. 汤姆已经去过北京好几次了。 (词数不限)

Tom has already been to Beijing times.

11. 他们中的大多数人每天步行去上班。(词数不限)

them to work on foot every day.

12. 玛丽是一个留着长发的女孩。

Mary is a girl 1. thousands of

2. On the one hand, on the other hand

3. more than three quarters

4. all year round

5. This is because

6. Have, ever been to

7. put up

8. It's unbelievable that

9. is thinking about

10. a couple of

11 Most of, go

12. with long hair

1. --- I don't like watching TV. --- A.

Me, too

B.

Me, either

C.

Me, also

D.

Me, neither

2. I want to know A. C.

what your mother does how do you go to school

B. D.

what does your mother do where are you from

3. He likes to watch his son the piano. A.

plays

B.

to play

C.

play

D.

played

4. I think this story is as as that one. A. C.

more interesting most interesting

B. D.

interesting the most interesting

5. --- Where would you like to go on vacation? --- I'd like to go A. C.

relaxing somewhere somewhere relaxing

B. D.

relaxing anywhere anywhere relaxing

6. people died in Wenchuan earthquake. It was terrible. A.

Thousand

B.

Thousands of

C.

Thousand of

D.

Two thousands

7. Nowadays of business letters are written in English. A.

two third

B.

two thirds

C.

two three

D.

second three

8. It was raining hard outside. A.

But

B.

So

C.

Because

D. However

9. It is said that young people may lose their abilities to hear after five years if they listen to MP4 players which are too loud for more than five hours a week. A.

thousand of

B.

six thousands

C.

thousands of

10. Our teacher often tells us in the river. It's dangerous. A.

don't swim

B.

not swim

C.

not to swim

D.

not swimming

11. The number of the cars in our neighborhood is about eight and of them are new cars. A. C.

hundred; two thirds hundreds; two thirds

B. D.

hundred; two third hundreds; two third

DACBC BBDCCA

二、完型

As darkness fell, hundreds of people in the Swiss village left their houses. They were staring(注视) forward at the mountain top in the distance. It was covered with ice and snow—beautiful and dangerous. The huge mountain is called Matterhorn. Mountain climbers had the top through the southern route(路线). But no one had ever dared to try a winter climbing up the northern side. But now one man was daring to try the route. He was Walter Bonatti, a great mountain climber Italy.

For two days he had climbed. The village people had watched him anxiously(焦虑). Now they were waiting to see his signal. If he planned to the next day, he would light(点燃) a green signal(信号). A red light would mean that he was turning back.

A tiny green light high on the mountain side. Bonatti was not giving up! The people not give up. Again that night he lit the green light. In the morning, Bonatti top; he knew he was there. Though the climb was painful, he moved up.

Bonatti had spent months for the climb. Was the training enough? Did he have the strength and skill to climb to the top?

He was finally at the top! News about his was radioed to the world. The trip down the well remembered as a climber of all time. 12. A. 13. A. 14. A. 15. A. 16. A. 17. A. 18. A. 19. A. 20. A. 21. A. 22. A.

reached comfortable with turn back placed cried sleepy woke up already training importance

B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B.

passed important from come down appeared laughed excited turned up almost practising success

C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C.

watched difficult in go on pulled jumped tired got up hardly planning climb

D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D.

followed nervous at get back found cheered happy looked up surely asking courage

23. A. necessary B. dangerous C. perfect D. impossible

ACBCB DCDBA BD

_________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________

一、单项选择

1. I you already that washing hands often will help prevent the A(H1N1) Flu.

A. tell B. told C. have told D. am telling

2. right wrong, he always wins the argument.

A. Whether; or B. Between; and C. Neither; nor D. Both; and

3. --- Hello! May I speak to Kate?

--- Sorry, she isn't here now. She to Shanghai.

A. went B. has been C. has gone D. had been

4. --- Lucy was always the first one to come.

--- That's true, so it was for her to come late this morning.

A. impossible B. right C. unusual D. funny

5. --- Have you finished using my dictionary?

--- Yes, I put it back on your desk just now. Who it away?

A. will take B. is taking C. took D. has taken

6. Laura bought this house because it is close to the school.

A. especially B. finally C. simply D. recently

7. I to Sanya yet. I hope to go there this week.

A. have been B. haven't been C. haven't gone D. have gone

8. Edison was a great inventor, A.

C. at that time on the other hand B. D. that is to say even though

9. --- How do you like the play Home with Kids?

--- Very good! I such a wonderful play before.

A.

C. don't see have never seen B. D. never see hadn't seen

10. --- Could you please tell me something about the two --- A.

C. Frenchmen; Yes, please Germen; Not at all B. D. Frenchmans; Come on Germans; All right

二、单词拼写(根据中文提示拼写单词)

11. This book is a 完美的) gift for anyone starting his school life.

12. Please tell him not to drive at a 快速的) speed.

13. In the eighteenth century, more people came to America, 主要地,大部分地) Europeans.

14. We should obey(遵守) the 社会的) rules.

15. An 印度人) showed them the way on the map.

三、翻译(根据中文提示完成句子)

16. 今年他在英语方面已经取得了很大的进步。

This year he has great with English.

17. 数千次实验后,爱迪生发明了电灯。

After experiments, Edison invented the light bulb.

18. 你可以选择你喜欢的任何时间来这儿。

You can choose to come here 19. 你曾经读过冰心写的书吗? (词数不限)

the books written by Bing Xin?

20. 我们鼓励学生收集废纸、饮料瓶。(词数不限)

We students waste paper and soft drink cans.

四、完形填空

Welcome to the Science Museum. My is Mrs. White and I will be your guide today. If you have any question at any time, please don't be afraid to ask, the more you learn.

Let me tell you about the museum before I take you around. You all have of the building so you shouldn't get lost.

OK, on the floor, where we are now, you will be able to see a lot of interesting science experiments. You can try them all have a lot of time to try everything and learn a lot of new things.

Then we will go to the second floor. There you will see the IT floor—how computers work, as well as mobile phones and that kind of things. On the same floor you can see the of the car. We have some very old and very new cars for you to see.

On the next floor you will learn all about space and travel. You will see a copy of the rocket that took Yang Liwei space. On the same floor you can follow the history of the airplane.

On the top floor, we will look at how the human body and all about plants, trees and nature.

So, if you follow me, we'll 21. A. 22. A. 23. A. 24. A. 25. A. 26. A. 27. A. 28. A. 29. A. 30. A.

work ask windows first himself history earth of does keep

B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B.

name speak doors second yourself maths sea with works go home

C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C.

color have maps third itself English space on thinks lose

D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D. D.

job put walls fourth themselves American ground into spells begin

五、阅读理解

A

31. The incorrect description of London Eye is that A.

B.

C.

D. it is one of the world's tallest observation wheels you can see up to 40 kilometers away in all directions from each capsule it has 32 capsules and carries around 1,000 visitors every day you can enjoy a full 360-degree panorama when you are at the top of the wheel

32. The aim of opening Buckingham Palace to the public every summer is to A.

B.

C.

D. raise money for building a new palace let visitors see the Changing of the Guard let visitors enjoy the Queen's country residence raise money for repairing it and let visitors enjoy it

33. From the passage, we know that

A.

B.

C.

D. the British Museum is opened for free only in summer the British Museum has more than 70 million objects some of the treasures were brought to England by foreign visitors you may need 7 days to enjoy everything in the British Museum

B

"If you want to see a thing well, reach out and touch it!"

That may seem a strange thing to say. But touching things can help you to see them better.

Your eyes can tell you that a glass ball is round. But by holding it in your hands, you can feel how smooth and cool the ball is. You can feel how heavy the glass is.

The roundness, brightness, smoothness(光滑的), coolness and heaviness are all parts of the glass ball. When you feel all these about the ball, you really see it.

With your skin, you can feel better. For example, your fingers can feel the difference between two coins in your pocket. You can feel a little drop of water on the back of your hand, too.

You can even feel sounds against your skin. Have you ever wanted to know why some people like very loud music? They must like to feel the sounds of music.

All children soon learn what "Don't touch!" means. They hear it often. Yet most of us keep on touching things as we grow up. In shops, we touch things we might buy: food, clothes. To see something well, we have to touch it.

The bottoms(底部) of our feet can feel things, too. You know this when you walk without shoes on. Warm sand, cool grass or a hard floor all feel different under your feet.

There are ways of learning to see well by feeling. One way is to close your eyes and try to feel

everything that is touching your skin. Try to feel the shoes on your feet, the clothes on your body, the air on your skin. At first, it is not easy to feel these things. You are too used to them!

Most museums are just for looking. But today some museums have some things to touch. Their signs say, "Do touch!" There you can feel everything on show.

If you want to see better, reach out and touch. Then you will really see!

34. By touching things you can A.

B.

C. have a strange feeling learn how to reach out your hand see things better

D. tell what colours they are

35. Why do some people like very loud music? A.

B.

C.

D. They cannot only hear it but also feel its sounds There is something wrong with their ears It makes them sit quietly Only loud music is good music

36. Why does it say "At first, it is not easy to feel these things"? A.

B.

C.

D. Because the things are used by people, too Because people feel the things too often Because people know how to use the things Because the things are easy to feel

37. Which of the following can be the best title of the story?

A.

C. Touching by Feeling To See Better Than to Feel B. D. To See or to Feel? Ways of Feeling

C

The most unusual museum in London is the Science Museum. In most museums, there's no shouting and no running, and you aren't allowed to touch the exhibits. But the Science Museum is

different—because it's noisy! People talk about what they can see and do there, and some of the machines are noisy as well. Visiting the Science Museum is fun and it's a great way to learn about science because you can work things out and try out ideas.

When I go to the Science Museum, I go to the Launch Pad. This is my favorite room because you can do physics experiments. For example, if you want to fill a bag with falling sand, you have to move a kind of truck on wheels into the correct position.

Then I go upstairs to the Human and Nature room. You can compare your speed with animals there. You hear a noise and push a button. If you aren't fast enough, the lion catches you! I'm faster than all my friends, but the lion still catches me.

There are also rooms on transport, the environment and space, technology, as well as maths, physics and chemistry.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:【人教版】八年级下册:Unit 10 I've had this bike for thr
  • 下一篇:【人教版】八年级下册:Unit 4 Why don't you talk to your