深圳八年级下英语Unit 1 Helping those in need 主题阅读2套

八年级下Unit 1 Helping those in need主题阅读

一、

语法填空题。(共10小题,每小题1分)

There are many children without parents. I(1) ________ (meet) some of these children with my mother. We taught them to tell (2) _________ (story). This helps them express their (3) _________ (feel). One child said, “My friends don’t (4) ________ (understand) my pain.”

We spent time with a girl (5) ________ (call) Vivien. Her parents (6) _________ (die) in a car accident, and she is (7) __________ (happy) and very lonely. She needs friendship. My mother and I will continue (8) __________ visit Vivien.

I wanted to help disabled children. They have difficulty walking (9) ________ moving. I taught them to sing (10) _________ music can bring them joy and peace. I met a boy called Tim. He hurt his legs in an accident, but he has lots of courage. We need to help children like Tim and raise their spirits.二、

完形填空。(共15分,每小题1.5分)

When I was 13 years old, a boy gave me an important gift. It was a ___1___.

It was the early autumn of my first year at a junior high school, and it was away from my home. ___2___, no one knew who I was. I was very lonely and afraid to make friends with ___3___.

Every time I heard the other students talking and laughing, I ___4___ my heart break. I couldn’t talk to anyone about my problems. And I didn’t want my parents to___5___me. Then one day, my classmates talked happily with their friends, and I sat at my desk ____6____. At that moment, a boy entered the classroom. I didn’t know who he was. He passed me and then turned back. He ___7___ at me, and without a word, smiled.

Suddenly, I felt the touch of something bright and friendly. It ___8___ me feel happy and warm. That smile changed my life. I started to talk with the other students and made friends. Day by day, I became closer to everyone in my class. The boy with the lucky smile ___9___ my best friend now. I believe that the world is what you think it is. If you think you are lonely, you might always be alone, so smile at the world and it will smile ___10___. 【 】1、A. smile 【 】2、A. As usual 【 】3、A. someone 【 】4、A. tasted 【 】5、A. hear about 【 】6、A. slowly 【 】7、A. listened to 【 】8、A. made 【 】9、A. has become 【 】10、A. look back 三、

B、magazine B、As a result B、everyone B、smelled B、talk about B、politely B、looked at B、led B、became B、come back

C、box C、The same as C、anyone C、feared C、care for C、unhappily C、took pride in C、offered C、become C、turn back

D、camera D、Such as D、nobody D、felt D、worry about D、naturally D、rushed at D、threw D、is becoming D、smile back

阅读理解。 (30分,每小题1分)

A

Linda was a sixteen-year-old girl in Canada. She was feeling bad for several days. Her mother took her to a hospital and the doctors found out that she had cancer. Linda’s life changed. She began to go to the hospital often for treatment(治疗

The hospitals and the doctors were good, but Linda didn’t have hope herself. Linda’s mother called a flower shop close to the hospital. “I want some beautiful flowers for my daughter. She is a teen girl with cancer.” She told the shop owner.

1 / 8

Later, the flowers arrived. Then Linda saw something unusual. It was a card. It read: “Linda, I own(拥有) this flower shop. I had cancer when I was fifteen years old. I’m 24 years old now. Good luck. My heart goes out to you.” Yours, Alice

Linda smiled. She finally felt some real hope. She found the power to live.

Little things make a big difference. All of us can give little things like kindness, encouragement and hope to others. 【 】1、 Why was Linda feeling bad for several days?

A、Because she was seriously ill. C、Because her life changed. A、Safe. A、Her mother.

B、Serious B、A doctor.

B、Because she had no friend. D、Because she was sixteen years old. C、Sad. C、A shop owner.

D、Afraid. D、Nobody.

【 】2、 What does the underlined word “depressed” mean in Paragraph 2? 【 】3、 Who sent Linda a card?

【 】4、 What happened to Linda after reading the card?

A、She became hopeful about life. C、She thanked her mother a lot. A、Be kind to yourself

B、She wanted to work with Alice. D、She felt sorry for Alice.

B、B、Little things make a big difference D、Sending a card can help the sick person. B

One day when Jack was walking in the park, he saw a woman he knew sitting on a bench(长椅) with a dog beside her. The dog was looking up at the woman. Jack walked up to the woman and said, “Hello. Sue, how are you? May I sit and talk with you for a while?” “Of course, please sit down,” Sue said. Jack sat down next to Sue on the bench, and they talked quietly together. The dog continued to look up at Sue, as if waiting to be fed.

“That’s a nice dog” Jack said, pointing(指向) at the animal.

“Yes, he’s handsome. He’s a bit of a mixture(混合) but that’s not a bad thing. He’s strong and healthy.” “ And hungry,” Jack said. “He hasn’t taken his eyes off you. He thinks you’ve got some food for him.” “That’s true,” Sue said, “But I haven’t.”

The two friends laughed and then Jack said, “Does your dog bite?”

“No,” Sue said. “He’s never bitten anyone. He’s always gentle and good-tempered(好脾气).”

the dog. He put out his hand and touched the animal’s head. Immediately it jumped up and bit him. “Hey!” Jack shouted. “You said he didn’t bite.” “No, I didn’t,” Sue replied. “You asked, if my dog bit, and I said no.” 【 】6、 What did Jack do when he saw the woman?

A、He walked past her.

B、He asked to sit next to her. D、He spoke to her dog.

C、as if he would bite Sue D、hungry C、was terrible C、敲打

D、belonged in a zoo D、抚摸

C、He spoke angrily to her. A、angrily at Jack A、was ill A、宠物

B、sick

B、belonged to Sue B、喜欢

【 】5、 Which of the following can be the best title for the passage?

C、Try something different

【 】7、 The dog looked ________.

【 】8、 Jack thought that the dog _________.

【 】9、 The underlined word “pet” should be __________ in Chinese. 【 】10、 From the story, we can know ________.

2 / 8

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:新目标八年级下【教学设计】Unit2 SectionB 1a-1e&Self Chec
  • 下一篇:细胞膜课时作业