辽宁省沈阳高三第二次模拟考试英语试题

2015年沈阳市郊联体英语第二次模拟考试

第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节:(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

The Great Barn Adventure

One morning when I was 11, I explored the town?s abandoned round grain barn(谷仓).I found a chained sliding door that was wide enough for me to pass through.

Inside, there was a heavy smell of dead mice in the dark. After my eyes adjusted, I noticed a shaft (竖井) that rose all the way to the top of the barn. On one side was a one-man elevator with a long rope and roller.

I stepped onto the platform and gave the rope a drag and the elevator began sliding up the shaft, but stopped halfway. After a brief panic attack, I noticed holes in the wall at regular intervals, forming a ladder. For reasons known only to an 11-year-old, I decided it would be better to go up than down. So, with shaking hands, I began climbing the wall.

After what seemed like forever, I reached the top of the shaft. I stood up, dusted myself off and found absolutely nothing of interest. It was just an empty room with a ladder leading up to the roof. I climbed all the way up here for this? Then I noticed a fire extinguisher(灭火器),which I?d always wanted to shoot off. So this was the chance of a lifetime. I tried it, and, much to my surprise, the thing worked! It shot out a thick cloud of powder that instantly filled the room. I couldn?t breathe. I was going to choke to death, and they?d probably never even find my body.

Luckily, I remembered the ladder to the roof. I climbed up, popped the straw roof and saw a bright blue sky.

I suddenly realized the dust and powder pouring out of the top could draw attention. So when the dust had settled, I climbed down and slipped out of the chained door. I?m not sure if I was more excited about being alive or about not being caught, but I ran all the way back home.

21. When the author got inside the barn, he _______.

A. noticed a man on the elevatorB. opened the chained sliding door

C. saw many dead mice in the darkD. found a shaft leading to the top

22. Which of the following is the right order of the author?s adventure?

a. The elevator stopped halfway.b. He entered the round grain barn.

c. He climbed to the top of the shaft. d. He found a fire extinguisher and shot it off.

A. b-a-c-d B. a-c-b-d C. c-a-d-bD. b-c-a-d

23. After getting out of the chained door, the author might feel _______.

A. inspired B. relievedC. surprisedD. disappointed

24.From the passage, we can learn that the author was probably a boy full of _______.

A. passions B. dreamsC. curiosityD. imagination

B

Just 25 years ago, the top three career hopes for young people in Britain were teacher, banker and doctor. Now, they want to be sports star, pop star and actor, according to a survey by the Guardian newspaper.

Rachel, a character in the popular TV show Glee, may be said to speak for British teenagers. "Nowadays being nobody is worse than being poor." He said.

Emma Brockes, a reporter with the Guardian, believes it is "the bad influence of celebrity(名人)culture" that is to blame. "When children wanted to be doctor, it wasn't because they were

really more interested in the functions of human organs than they are now; you go where the respect is." She wrote.

It could explain why there has been such an increase in levels of anxiety and depression. Dr Carlo Stranger, of Tel Aviv University, studied the sense of self for his new book The Fear of Insignificance: Searching for Meaning in the 21st Century. He told the Daily Mail that young people now are "affected by the close connection to the global entertainment network, which has turned ranking and rating people according to wealth and celebrity into an obsession(痴迷)."

"As humans, we naturally measure ourselves to those around us, but now we live in a global village. We are comparing ourselves with the most ?important' people in the world and finding ourselves wanting," he said. Today, even high achievers constantly fear that they are insignificant when they compare themselves to success stories in the media.

The way out? Simply stop measuring your achievement through a fantasy of wealth and celebrity. Dr Strenger said that it is a process called "active self-acceptance through a constant search for self-knowledge through life."

"The fear of insignificance can only be overcome through strong individual and cultural identity over and above measurable achievement," he said.

25. According to Emma Brockes, what causes the increasing level of anxiety?

A.Choices of future careers. B.Access to the global network.

C.Bad influences of celebrities. D.Endless comparison with others.

26. Which of the following is true of Dr Carlo Strenger?

A.He is a newspaper reporter B.He is the spokesman of teenagers.

C.He tells success stories on TV. D.He is against ranking people with wealth.

27. Dr Carlo Strenger suggests that young people should

A.seek active self-acceptanceB.stick to their own dreams

C.make great achievements D.search for the secret of wealth

A.talk about job choices B.analyse a social phenomenon

C.encourage celebrity culture D.introduce three famous people

C

We have information about over 300 volunteering opportunities with more than 250 local organizations (charities, statutory organizations such as hospitals and social services and community groups). We are a registered charity and our service is free of charge.

We do not run volunteering projects ourselves bur recruit (招募) volunteers for a whole range of organizations across Cambridge and South Cambs.

Volunteering Links

National Council for voluntary Organizations

A center to champion and strengthen the voluntary sector in the UK with advice, support and public policy.

Cambridge Council for voluntary Service

An independent registered charity to help community and voluntary groups in Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire and Fenland.

Volunteering Wales

Voluntering and volunteer Centers in Wales.

Volunteer Development Scotland

Volunteering and Volunteer Centres in Scotland.

Community Service Volunteers

Volunteer placements in the UK.

Student Hubs

A branch of Student Hubs, a youth-led charity working across the UK to transform student involvement in charitable activities.

Timebank

A national campaign inspiring and connecting people to share and give time.

Registration Information

If you spot an opportunity that you like, you can go through a simple online registration process and then we will send you the details.Alternatively you can down load a VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM (please save it to your own computer before editing) and email the completed form to us at info@carn-volunteer.org.uk.

If you need a bit more help, then we can offer you a confidential one-to-one chat with a member of staff to discuss what you would like to do. But you must make an appointment beforehand.

You don?t have to visit the Volunteer Centre in person to get help. We can also provide information by e-mail, post or over the telephone.

29. Which of the following is not true about the center?

A. Volunteers can find plenty of opportunities in the center.

B. The center does not charge money for their service.

C. The center does not run volunteering projects themselves.

D. Organizations like Student Hubs belong to the center.

30. Which organizations are suitable for a teacher to volunteer in Wales?

A. National Council for Voluntary Organizations and Student Hubs.

B. Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service and Timebank.

C. Volunteering Wales and Volunteer Development Scotland.

D. Community Service Volunteers and Volunteering Wales.

31. If a students wants to volunteer through the center, he must_______.

A. get registered at the center for recruitment B. make an appointment with the center

C. visit the center in person to fill in the form D. directly contact voluntary organizations

D

Teachers say the digital age has had a good influence - and a not-so-good influence - on this generation of American teenagers.More than 2,000 teachers took an online survey.Three-quarters of the teachers said the Internet and digital search tools have had a "mostly positive" effect on their students' research habits and skills.But 64 percent said the technologies "do more to distract(使 ……分心) students than to help them academically." And 87 percent agreed that these technologies are creating an "easily distracted generation with short attention spans."

The Pew Internet Project did the survey with the National Writing Project.Judy Buchanan is the vice director of the National Writing Project and a co-author of the report.Ms.Buchanan says digital research tools are helping students learn more and faster."Teachers really favor these tools because they are ways to make some of the learning exciting and engaging.Young people favor these tools.The goal is to really help them become creators of meaningful content, and not just sort of consumers."

But one problem the survey found is that many students lack digital literacy.They trust too much of the information they find on the Internet.Judy says these students haven't developed the skills to determine the quality of online information."It's something that really has to be taught and paid attention to,because in a world in which things happen quickly, you do need to step back, reflect and analyze the information you have."

Another problem is blamed on something that might not seem like a problem at all: being able to quickly find information online.Teachers say the result is a reduction in the desire and ability of their students to work hard to find answers.They say students are overly dependent on search engines and do not make enough use of printed books or research libraries.

Many teachers are also concerned that the Internet makes it easy for students to copy work done by others instead of using their own abilities.

32.The text mainly tells us____.

A.all the students use digital tools B.the Internet is playing a key role

C.teachers encourage using digital tools D.digital tools bring about benefits and problems

33.Which of the following best shows the structure of the text? .

34.The underlined sentence in the third paragraph probably means .

A.students do not have the right digital tools

B.students do not always have access to the Internet

C.students haven't the ability to adjust themselves

D.students can't judge online information properly

35.Some students don't tend to work hard because .

A.they can get answers on the Internet quickly

B.printed books and libraries around aren't enough

C.the Internet can't make students concentrate

D.they can copy each others' work without being punished

第二节:(共5小题,每小题2分,满分10分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,选项中有两项为多余选项。

Any car accident is frightening, but an accident in which your vehicle is thrown into the water, with you trapped inside, is absolutely terrifying. However, most deaths result from panic, without a plan or understanding what is happening to the car in the water. By adopting a brace (支撑) position, acting decisively and getting out fast, you can save yourself from a sinking vehicle.

Brace yourself for impact (撞击力). As soon as you're aware that you're going off the road and into a body of water, adopt a brace position. The impact could set off the airbag system in your vehicle, so you should place both hands on the steering wheel in the "ten and two" position.

Undo your seatbelt. Untie the children, starting with the oldest first. Forget the cell phone call. Your car isn't going to wait for you to make the call.

Leave the door alone at this stage and concentrate on the window. A car's electrical system should work for up to three minutes in water, so try the method of opening it electronically first. Many people don't think about the window as an escape option either because of panic or misinformation about doors and sinking.

Break the window. If you aren't able to open the window, or it only opens halfway, you'll need to break it with an object or your foot. It may feel counter-intuitive (有悖常理的) to let water into the car.

Escape when the car has equalized. If it has reached the dramatic stage where the car cabin has been filled with water and it has become balanced, you must move quickly and effectively to ensure your survival. While there is still air in the car, take slow, deep breaths and focus on what you're doing.

A. Open the window as soon as you hit the water.

B. Surviving a sinking car is not as difficult as you think.

C. It takes 60 to 120 seconds for a car to fill up with water usually.

D. Such accidents are particularly dangerous to the risk of drowning.

E. In conclusion, if you know what to do in the water, you will be safe.

F. This is the first thing to attend to, yet it often gets forgotten in the panic.

G. But the sooner the window is open, the sooner you can escape directly through it.

第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)

第一节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)

Just once I would like to see a celebration of life instead of a gathering of death. A his or her loving tribute(颂词), the person they are 43 rises from their chair and gives them the biggest bear hug! !

to tell those around me how much they mean to me. I am going to let my wife Batman with my four-year-old more often, and in the middle of our romping(嬉闹 , and tell him how thankful I am that he is

they are four or eighteen! From there, I am going to let family and friends know the tremendous impact I coach know that I look with them in the gym.

by without letting that person know. There is something special about a written letter feelings of love towards another. I don't know about you, but I have for years, and from time to time, I get them out and make all the difference in the world.

41.A.when B.how C.why D.where

42.A.receives B.concludes C.forgets D. collects

43.A.honoringB.admiringC.blaming D.evaluating

44.A.anythingB.nothing C.somethingD.everything

45.A.excuse B.desire C.ambition D. anxiety

46.A.explain B.answer C.imagine D.know

47.A.words B.notes C.ideas D.plans

48.A.buy B.invent C.play D.produce

49.A.carefully B.tightly C.curiouslyD.absolutely

50.A.friend B.father C.brother D.son

51.A.point B.suggestion C.record D.promise

52.A.although B.until C.whether D.because

53.A.taken B.had C.sent D.found

54.A.workers B.teachers C.singers D.players

55.A.spend B.waste C.seize D.pass

56.A.stay up B.run out C.go by D.leave off

57.A.introducesB.expressesC.includes D.displays

58.A.written B.drawn C.posted D.saved

59.A.depressingB.exciting C.surprising D.amusing

60.A.long B.short C.rich D. poor

第二节:语法填空(共10小题;每小题l 5分.满分l5分)

阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词语(每空仅限一词)的正确形式填空。

One day a farmer?s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously __61___ hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed ___62______ (cover) up anyway; it just wasn't worth ___63____ to save the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel(铲) and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized ___64___ was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone?s amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He _65______ (astonish) at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt __66____ hit his back, the donkey was doing something _67______ (amaze). He would shake it off and take a step up.

__68____ the farmer?s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal; he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over __69____ edge of the well and happily ran off!

Each of our troubles is a stepping one. We can get out of the deepest wells just ___70___ not giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

第II卷(非选择题,共35分)

第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

Mr. Smith is a traffic policeman,which works very hard.One day,Mr Smith as well as his wife were taking a walk along the seashore. Suddenly he heard cry. “Help!Help!” Following the direction of the cry,he saw a drown man struggling in the water. Without hesitate, he threw off his coat,jumped into the waves, and swam to the man as fast as he could. Finally he was able to grasp the man by the arm and pulled him from the waves until he reached the shore. His wife ran up to help the man. He was too excited to say a word. All the people there crowd around Mr. Smith. They cheered him up and raised him in the air.

第二节:作文(满分25分)

假如你是某家英文报社的编辑,昨日收到一位中学生读者王丽的来信。请根据来信内容 和所给的要点提示用英语写一封回信。词数100左右。

Dear Editor,

I am a hardworking girl and want to be the number one in my class. But in the exams, I always make mistakes that I should have avoided. I really worry about it. What can I do to improve my performance in exams?

Wang Li

提示:1.不要压力太大; 2.如有问题,请教老师或同学;3.考试时合理分配时间并尽量抽出几分钟检查。注意:1.可以适当增加细节以使行文连贯;2.书信的开头和结尾已给出,

但不计人总词数。参考词汇:分配—distribute

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:廊坊十五中高三英语寒假作业8
  • 下一篇:五年级上册各单元教学反思