初三英语模拟考一

初三英语模拟考一

第二部分 英语知识运用(共两大题,满分 45 分) VI. 单项填空(共 15 小题,每小题 1 分;满分 15 分) 31. — Who’s that man in our classroom? It ________ be Mr. Brown. He is much taller.— You mean the man in white? He is an exchange student from England. A. can B. may C. can’t D. mustn’t

32. Tom as well as his parents ________ his grandparents in the countryside every weekend.

A.visit B. visits C. visited D. is visiting

33. Now, pollution is _____ heavy ______ everyone should protect the environment.

A. such, that B. so, because C. more, than D. so, that

34.—Have you decided when you _______ a new car?

—If I ______ one, I will hold a party to celebrate it.A.buy, will buy B. will buy, buy C. buy, buy

D. will buy, will buy 35. —Do you mind my parking here? The parking lot is full.— ______. Look at the sign! It says, “No Parking!”

A. You’d better not B. No, I don’t mind C. It doesn’t matter D. Yes, go ahead

36. — I failed the exam again. I don’t know what to do.

— _____. Hope is always around you.

A.Don’t be serious B. Don’t put down C. Don’t be relaxedD. Never give up

37. Lucy knew nothing about it ________ her sister told her.

A. because B. until C. if

38. —Hello, Mary!I haven’t seen you for a long time.

—Oh, Steven! _______________? D. since

A. How old are you B. How do you do 39. —Is your stomachache getting better?—No, it’s _________C. How is everything going D. How time flies

A. bad B. good C. well D. worse

40. The doctor _______ a ______woman several days ago.

A. had saved, dying B. saved, dead C. saved, dying D. has saved, dying

41. To improve Tony’s English, his teacher is strict ______ him ______his English.A. in, with B. with, at C. at, in D. with, in

42. I was about to go out ________ the telephone rang.

A. as B. while C. when D. and

43.—How long do you think the terrible weather will___________?

—Why not listen to the weather report?

A. change B. last C. appear

44. —I’m sorry. I took your bag by ____________.

—It doesn’t matter. D. run

D. mistakeA. trouble B. wrong C. problem

45. —Would you give me a hand and pass on the book to me?

—__________________

D.No trouble.A.Yes, that’s right.

B.With pleasure. C.It doesn’t matter. VII. 完形填空。(共 20 小题,每小题 1.5 分;满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文,从每小题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项选出一个最佳选项。 A

When I was a little girl, my dad would ask me to hold the hammer (锤子)when he was repairing something. Just so we would have time to talk with each other. When I grew up, I bought a house. My dad painted 46 by himself for three days in summer. All he asked for was to 47 his paintbrush and talk with me. But I was too 48 at that time. I didn't find any time for

conversation with him.

Four years ago, my dad came to visit me. He spent many hours 49 a swing set together for my daughter. I didn't have time for any long 50 that day, 51 I had to prepare for a

trip,

One Sunday morning, we had a telephone conversation as usual. I was in a hurry, so our

conversation was 52 . Few hours later, someone called me and told me my dad 53 to hospital. When I got to hospital, my dad had passed away. I realized how 54 I knew about my

dad. All he ever asked me for was my 55 .

46. A. one

47. A. make 48. A.busy 49. A. to put 50. A. paint 51. A. So 52. A. long 53. A. is sent 54. A. much 55. A. time

B. that

B. hold B. free B. put

B. community B. Because B. short B. sent B. a little B. money

C. it

C. use

C. lazy

C. putting

C. competition C.Although

C. boring

C. was sent C. many

C. task

B

Spending too much time online can increase your risk of catching a cold, scientists have

levels of Internet addiction(网瘾)are more likely to become warned. Those people with 56

ill than those who spend 57

D. they D. collect D. young D. puts

D. conversation D. Until D. serious D. sending D. little D. team

hours online.

Researchers at the universities of Swansea and Milan believe the reason is that people with

with other an 58 addiction are more difficult to get along with others. They have little 59

people and spend less time outside. 60 , they have a weakened immune systems.(变弱的免疫

系统) Past studies have also found people who spend more time 61 can't sleep well,have worse eating habits, do less exercise, smoke 62 and drink more wine. The behavior harms their

immune system and 63 diseases.

Researchers studied 500 people aged from 18 to 101 years old. They also found 64 those

more colds than those who spent less time online. who spent more time online 65

56. A. light B. higher 57. A. a little B. a bit

58. A. wine B. coffee 59. A. communicate B. communicating

60. A. As a result of B. As a result

61. A. online B. talking 62. A. less B. much

63. A. decreases B. increases

C. lower C. fewer C. smoke

C. communicated C. In short C. playing C. more C. decrease

D. low

D. a lot of D. Internet

D. communication D. However D. outside

D. a lot

D. increase

第 4 页 共 8 页

合肥高新区 2015/2016 年度第一学期期末教学质量检测

64. A. what 65. A. suffered B. which B. supposed C. why C. supported D. that D. surprised VIII. 补全对话。(共 5 小题,每小题 1 分;满分 5 分) 根据对话内容,从方框内的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。

A: What are you doing, Bill?

B: I’m reading a report about the journey to space.

A: (66)

B: That’s for sure. It’s so amazing.

A: (67)

B: I agree. It’ll cost too much and need you to be healthy enough.

A: (68)However, money can be difficult for us.

B: I’m afraid so. (69)

A: That sounds great. By the way, what should we do now?

B: (70) We are supposed to get ready for the journey.

A: Good idea! Let’s go.

A.Health isn’t a big problem.

B.Why not go to play sports to make us healthier? C.Are you interested in travelling in space? D.Why do you like the journey so much? E.But I don’t think it is easy for us to enjoy it. F.How often do you exercise? G.But we’ll have jobs to make monkey in the future.

第三部分 阅读理解(共一大题,满分 45 分)

IX. 阅读理解。 (共 20 小题,每小题 2 分;满分 40 分)

阅读下列短文,从每小题所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。

A It is reported that a fourteen-year-old girl, Winter Vinecki, runs marathons in memory of her father who died of cancer. Winter began running at five. When her father died in 2009, she decided to complete a marathon on every continent before her 15th birthday. After finishing her goal, she said, “I know that I've done something amazing here and I'm very happy. I guess the world is magical.” Winter has run marathons in the United States, Kenya, Antarctic, Mongolia, Peru, New Zealand and Greece. Winter said her favorite two places were New Zealand and Antarctic, but her favorite two races were in Kenya and Peru.

After losing her dad, Winter set up a nonprofit (非营利的)organization to raise money for researching the cancer. She said,“I'll do everything I can to put an end to the cancer and help find a cure. ” Now Winter is training to compete in the 2018 Winter Olympics as an aerial skier. 71.Who does Winter run marathons in memory of ? A. Her mother. B. Her father. C. Herself. D. Her coach. 72.She decided to complete a marathon on every continent before____ .

A. her 15th birthday B. 2009 C. her 14th birthday D.2018

73.How many places has she run marathons in? A. Six. B. Seven. C. Eight. D. Nine.

74.Where were Winter’s favorite two races held ? A. Mongolia and Greece. B.United States and Kenya. C.New Zealand and Antarctic. D.Kenya and Peru. 75.What did Winter raise money for? A. Supporting the marathon. B. Curing her cancer. C. Putting an end to the cancer. D. Doing something amazing. B The first Apple logo was designed by Ron Wayne, co-founder of Apple Computer. It was rather a picture than a logo. It showed Sir Isaac Newton sitting under the famous apple tree thinking about gravity. It was only used for the Apple I. Steve Jobs felt that people couldn’t think of computers when they saw the logo because one could only recognize the details of the drawing when it was large enough. Therefore, in 1977 Jobs asked the art designer Rob Janoff to design the new Apple logo. The new logo had a simple shape of an Apple, bitten into, with the colors of the rainbow in the wrong order. The bite stood for knowledge (in the Bible《圣经》 the apple was the fruit of the tree of knowledge) and the bite could also be pronounced "byte", related to computer technology.

When Jean Louis Gassée was asked about his thoughts to the Apple logo he answered: "What interests me most is our logo, the symbol of lust and knowledge, bitten into, all crossed with the colors of the rainbow in the wrong order. You couldn't dream of a better logo: lust, knowledge, hope, and anarchy." In 1997, Steve Jobs decided to give up the multi-colored Apple logo and replace it by a solid-colored logo. 76. What did the first Apple logo show? A. It showed Sir Isaac Newton sitting under the famousApple tree thinking about gravity. B. It showed Sir Isaac Newton doing experiments under the famousApple tree. C. It had a simple shape of an apple, bitten into, with the colors of the rainbow in the wrong order. D. It showed lust, knowledge, hope, and anarchy. 77.According to the writer, which of the following is true? A. The first Apple logo was designed by Steve Jobs. B. The first Apple logo was not only used for theApple I. C. The apple in the Bible is a kind of fruit. D. In 1977 Jobs asked the art designer Rob Janoff to design the newApple logo. 78. What does the underlined word mean in the passage?

A. 咬 B. 字节 C. 击败 D. 忍受

79. What’s the main idea of the passage? A. It tells the development of theApple iPhone. B. Apple computers are the best.

C. It tells how theApple logo developed. D. The story of Steve Jobs.

C The 31st Olympic Games will be hosted in Riode Janerio(里约热内卢 ), Brazil this year. It will last from August 5thto August 21st. I am leaving for Brazil to be a volunteer to serve the Games.

Do you know ①? Firstly, I want to practice my oral English. I have learned English for about eight years and I have made only a few pen pals by sending e-mails in English, but I haven’t really talked with

native speakers. I am looking forward the day②. I also want to show the world that we Chinese care about what happens around us. We are friendly and open, and we are one member of the living space. At last, I hope the people all over the world accept the fact that China is helpful to international events. What will I do to be a volunteer in Brazil Olympic Games I’ll do all I can to help the players, such as showing them the way, taking care of their luggage, keeping the traffic order and so on. I’ll also introduce China to them, our achievements, out kindness and our wishes to make friends with other people.I can’t wait to fly to Brazil and I hope that you can join me.

80.从A.B.C中为①②处选出恰当的选项,使文章通顺、连贯、合理。 A. when I can speak English with them face to face B. how I can become a volunteer in Brazil Olympic Games C. why l want to become a volunteer in Brazil Olympic Games

①_________________ ② ________________ 81.. Where does the writer come from _____________________________________________________________________________

82. 请将文中划线部分“I'll do all I can to help the players”翻译成汉语。 _____________________________________________________________________________

83. 根据文中内容,判断正、误。正确写T,错误写F。

( )The writer will go to Brazil to compete in the Olympic Games.

84. 找出文中的主题句。

_____________________________________________________________________________ D China allows every family to have two children from January 1st, 2016. The news is now widely talked by most of the families in China. For those who have already had one child, some would like to have a second baby, but others wouldn’t. Wang Li from Hefei is pleased to hear of the news. Her husband and she always hope to have a second child.

They’ve had a six-year-old daughter. “I have a brother and my husband has two sisters, but we only have one child. We think she's lonely.” says Wang Li.

However, 33-year-old Li Jie who lives in Shanghai says,“We do like a second baby but we can only give up while facing some difficulties in our life.”Neither Li Jie nor his wife is a local in Shanghai. Their son is only two years old. They've bought a flat in Shanghai, and they borrowed 800,000 RMB from the bank. Li Jie’s parents living in the countryside are in poor health, so if the young couple have another baby, it will be hard for them to find someone to look after their baby. Besides, they believe that it will make them get into a low level of life to have a second baby. The topic is still discussed . 85. Why is Wang Li pleased to hear of the news?

A.She has already had two children. B. She won’t have another baby. C. She always wants to have a second child. D. She wants to have a son rather than a daughter. 86. What are the reasons for Li Jie and his wife to give up the chance to have another baby?

① They’ve borrowed money from the bank.

② They couldn’t find anyone to look after the baby.

③ Their son doesn’t like a brother or a sister.

④ They don’t want to get into a low level of life.

A. ①②③ B. ②③④ C. ①③④ D. ①②④ 87. What does the writer think of the policy? A. He thinks it is good news. B. He thinks it is bad news.

C. He doesn’t care about it. D. It’s not mentioned in the passage. 88. Where probably can we read this passage? A. In a life magazine. B. In a guide book. C. In a story book. D. In a sports magazine.

E

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:生命中最重要的一天
  • 下一篇:新学校,新同学 教案