C. Searching for an apartment.

2. What do we know about the boy?

A. He is 4 years old.

B. He has a round face.

C. He wears a gray T-shirt.

3. What do the speakers do?

A. Students.B. Workers.C. Teachers.

4. What is in the man’s bag?

A. Some CDs. B. Some bottles. C. Some books.

5. What can we learn from the conversation?

A. The man hasn’t got a ticket to the lecture yet.

B. The lecture is only open to a special group.

C. The man wants to stay at home on Friday.

第二节(共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)

请听下面2段对话,选出最佳选项。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标准试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有5秒钟的时间阅读各个小题;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。

请听下面一段对话,回答第6和第7两个小题。

6. How does the woman feel when she sees the earring?

A. Sad. B. Nervous.C. Surprised.

7. Whom did the earring belong to?

A. The woman. B. The man’s grandmother. C. The woman’s grandmother.第 1 页 共9页

请听下面一段对话,回答第8至第10三个小题。

8. Where was the job advertised?

A. On TV. B. In the magazine. C. In the newspaper.

9. What job is the woman interested in?

A. A part-time interpreter. B. A full-time secretary. C. A full-time interpreter.

10. When should the woman come for the interview?

A. At 9:00 this Monday morning.

B. At 9:00 next Monday morning.

C. At 5:00 next Monday afternoon.

II.单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

11. There was ______ time _______ when China and USA didn’t have any _______

talks.

A. a; in the 1940s; face to the face B. the; in 1940; face to face

C. a; in the 1940s; face to face D. the; in 1940s face by face

12. --- How did you find the film last night?

--- _______.

A. Very wonderful B. Very excitingly

C. Very wonderfully D. Very excited

13. As soon as he heard the ________ news of his death, she ___________ tears.

A. shocked; burst out B. shocking; burst into

C. shocked; burst into D. shocking; burst out

14. --- Do you know our town well?

--- No, this is the first time I ______.

A. come B. am coming C. came D. have come

15. A notice was ______ in order to remind the students of the changed lecture time.

A. sent up B. given up C. set up D. put up

16. _______ you have heard the song, you’ll never forget it.

A. Unless B. Although C. Once D. Until

17. --- So you didn’t say “Hi” to your partner when you saw her?

--- Well, I stopped and smiled at her, but she ______ me and walked on with her

head high.

A. refused B. ignored C. missed D. noticed

18. We Chinese people never _______ to any natural damage and can overcome (克服) everything.

A. give up B. give out C. give off D. give in

19. It was in spring ______my mother bought me a mountain bike and I started learning cycling.

A. that B. when C. in whichD. where 第 2 页 共9页

20. --- Why are you in such a hurry?

--- My girlfriend _____ for Shanghai and I’m going to the airport to see her off.

A. is leaving B. has left C. was leaving D. left

21. The young lady ______is standing at the school gate______ Tom’s mother.

A. which; is B. whom; are C. who; is D. that; are

22. Everybody knows that the sun _____ in the east.

A. raises B. is raised C. rises D. is risen

23. George Orwell, ______ was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays.

A. the real name B. what his real name

C. his real name D. whose real name

24. At present about______ of the Chinese people ______.

A. two-fifths; smokes B. two-fifth; smoke

C. second-five; smoke D. two-fifths; smoke

25. They asked the teacher_____________.

A. when will they have the exam B. when we would have the exam

C. when they would have the exam D. when would they have the exam III.完形填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

阅读下面短文,从短文所给各题的四个选项(A,B,C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

Last Tuesday I took my two daughters, aged five and seven, to town by car. It began to so I decided I would leave the children in the car before I rushed into a few minutes. Then I locked all the doors and left happily looking out of the window. two small girls but she said “No”.

Feeling quite sick with fear, I sat on the driver’s seat, and __to stop trembling(发抖round to open the boot(车尾行李箱)children. They had obviously pulled out the back behind it and then been unable to push the seat forward again. tears in my eyes, I leaned forward and pulled their ears.

26. A. heavilyB. heavy C. big D. hardly

27. A. talk B. reach C. hear D. touch

28. A. them B. herC. herselfD. themselves 第 3 页 共9页

29. A. discovered B. disappeared C. described D. delivered

30. A. even B. againC. already D. still

31. A. foolish B. proudC. frightened D. pleased

32. A. arrived B. lookedC. rushed D. left

33. A. what B. when C. whether D. how

34. A. tried B. had C. began D. ought

35. A. felt B. listened C. smelt D. heard

36. A. behind B. overC. before D. with

37. A. outside B. among C. inside D. between

38. A. worried B. excited C. surprised D. interested

39. A. climbed B. flew C. threw D. jumped

40. A. For B. About C. With D. Down

IV.阅读理解(第一节15小题,第二节5小题;每小题2分,满分40分)

第一节:阅读下列短文,从每小题所给的四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

Earthquake in Central China Kills 14

BEIJING (AP)—A magnitude (级别) 5.7 earthquake shook part of central China on Saturday, killed at least 14 people and injured nearly 400, the official said.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the quake happened around 9:00 a.m. local time, with the epicentre(震中) in Ruichang, a city of 420,000 in Jiangxi province. Hundreds of homes collapsed(倒塌) and thousands were damaged, Xinhua said.

“The earthquake this morning was quite scary,” said a shopkeeper in Ruichang reached by telephone who would only give her surname—Zhou.

Many people in Ruichang were staying outside for fear of aftershocks (余震). She said she felt a milder trembling of the earth around 1:00 p.m.

Tents were set up outside a hospital treating some of the 377 injured.

The United States National Earthquake Information Centre reported the quake was magnitude 5.5.

41. Where can we most probably find such a passage?

A. In a science book. B. In a newspaper.

C. In a magazine. D. In an advertisement.

42. About how many people were killed and injured in the earthquake?

A. 14. B. 400. C. 414. D. 377.

43. When did the earthquake happen?

A. 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. B. 1:00 p.m. on Sunday.

C. 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.D. 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.

44. Why did the people still stay outside after the earthquake?

第 4 页 共9页

A. They were afraid to be trapped in the buildings.

B. They wanted to stay with their friends outside.

C. They were waiting for help.

D. They were afraid of another quake.

B

When someone says, “Well, I guess I’ll have to go to it doesn’t mean he is planning to go to a concert. It is something far less pleasant, like being called by your boss to explain why you did this or did that, and why you did not do this or do that. Terrible music, indeed, but it has to be faced. At some time or another, everyone of us has had to “face the music”, especially as children. We can remember father’s angry voice: “I want to talk to you!” And only because we did not obey him. What an unpleasant business it was!

The phrase “face the music” is known to every American, old and young. It is at least one hundred years old. Where did the expression come from?

The first explanation came from the American novelist James Fenimore Cooper. He said, in 1851, that expression was first used by actors while waiting in the wings(舞台两侧) to go on stage. After they got their clue to go on, they often said, “It’s time to go to face the music.” And that is exactly what they did—face the orchestra (乐队) which was just below the stage.

An actor might be frightened or nervous as he moved on to the stage in front of the audience (观众) that might be friendly, or perhaps unfriendly, especially if he forgot his lines. But he had to go out. If he did not, there would be no play. So “face the music” came to mean: having to go through something, no matter how unpleasant the experience might be, because you knew you had no choice.

45. The underlined phrase “face the music” means ___________.

A. plan to go to a concert

B. get one’s clue to do something

C. have to go through something far less pleasant

D. disobey what one’s father says

46. The passage tells us that the expression was first used by ____________.

A. children B. novelists C. actors D. audience

47. Which of the following is NOT true?

A. The expression came from James Fenimore Cooper, an American novelist.

B. The expression has a history of more than100 years.

C. If someone doesn’t obey his boss, he will have to “face the music”.

D. Almost everyone has an unpleasant experience that he has had to face the music.

第 5 页 共9页

C

People sometimes like to read stories about dogs very much. They think that dogs are much cleverer than cats, sheep, cows or other animals in their homes.

One of my close friends, Bob, has a very large polite dog named Jack. Every Sunday afternoon, Bob and Jack have a walk in the park nearby. Jack likes these walks very much.

One Sunday afternoon, I paid a visit to my friend. I stayed there for a long time and my friend and I had much more talk with each other than ever before. Soon it was time for them to take a walk in the park. We forgot that. Jack became worried about it. He walked around the room several times and then sat down in front of me and looked at me. But I still paid no attention to him. I went on talking with my friend. At last, Jack could not wait any longer. He went out of the room and came back a few minutes later. He sat down in front of me again. But this time, he held my hat in his mouth. Suddenly, I understood what Jack meant and so did my friend.

48. How many people are there in this story?

A. One. B. Two. C. Three. D. Four.

49. Jack _____________.

A. is a close friend of mine

B. enjoys having a walk in the every Sunday afternoon

C. has many close friends

D. enjoys talks in the room

50. Jack was worried because _____________.

A. he wanted to eat something

B. it was Sunday afternoon again

C. he was not feeling well

D. he wanted his master to take him for a walk

51. Jack took my hat in his mouth to show that ______________.

A. I should leave the house at once B. he liked my hat very much

C. he was hungry and he tried to eat it D. he wanted to have a rest

52. Which of the following is true?

A. When Jack and I were talking, my friend didn’t pay attention to us.

B. When I was talking to my friend, Jack didn’t pay any attention to us.

C. When my friend and I were talking, we didn’t pay any attention to Jack.

D. When my friend was talking to Jack, I paid attention to them. D

“I don’t like my parents. They always tell me I should do this, and should not do that. It sometimes makes me angry,” said Li Ping, a middle school student in Hunan. Do you have the same problem? Perhaps your parents had the same problem when they were your 第 6 页 共9页

age long ago. Why does it seem that some parents are not so friendly in their children’s eyes?

One of the biggest things is when someone becomes a parent, he/she likes worrying things. They worry about everything about you, from the time you were born. They do a lot for you, though something would make you angry, because they care about you and worry about you. They worry about your choice of friends, the food you eat, your work at school, how much sleep you get, etc. All these things are part of your life. They want you to grow up healthily and happily.

So how can you make things easier on yourself? It’s easier than you think. Just make sure your parents know what you’re doing. Get them to know your friends. Phone if you stay somewhere else so that your parents don’t call every hospital in the phone book looking for your body. Say sorry to them when you make mistakes. Take responsibility(责任) for what you have done. Talk about your ideas with them. They may talk about theirs with you.

Most of all, try to think about why your parents do this or do that. They are still practicing being parents and need help you can give them. Someday, when you become a parent, they may be able to help you know how to get on with your children.

53. What does the writer think we should do if we go back home later than usual? We

should _____.

A. tell our friends B. tell the teacher

C. say sorry to our parents D. make a telephone call to our parents

54. The writer thinks________. A. it’s wrong of parents to worry about their children too much

B. some parents are unfriendly, which makes their children angry

C. children should do everything as their parents say

D. parents love their children very much and the children should understand them

55. Which do you think is the best title for the passage?

A. Parents’ Responsibility. B. How to Get on with Parents.

C. Zhang Hua’s Problem. D. What Are Parents Worrying about.

第二节:Cathy, Jason, Kate, Wayne和Frank各自打算订一份杂志。第56-60题是他们的个人情况介绍。阅读下面六种杂志的简介选出符合各人需要的最佳选项,其中有一项是多余的。

56. A young mother raising her first child, Cathy tires to spend as much time as she can playing with her baby girl. She is eager to get more knowledge of child development and to better understand how young child look at the world.

57. Jason is a successful businessman. He travels widely and enjoys adventures and challenges. Having been to many different countries, Jason is still looking for new places to visit. His biggest dream is to see every corner of the world before he retires. 第 7 页 共9页

58. Smart and pretty, Kate is very popular among her friends. She takes great care of her looks and has a great interest in fashion and the lifestyle of famous people. Besides, she also enjoys reading articles written specially for young girls.

59. Wayne teaches science in a middle school. He not only wants his students to know more about modern science, but also tries hard to develop a curiosity(好奇心) about nature among his students. He is gathering materials for his students to read.

60. Frank is the father of a 10-year-old boy. He believes that in this fast developing world parents should prepare their children for lifelong learning at an early age. Therefore, in his opinion, the most important skill for children to learn is to discover things on their own. He is looking for a magazine for his son.

A. Seventeen

Seventeen provides advice and encouragement for masses of young girls. Although its primary focus is fashion and famous people, this teen magazine offers more. Mixed among the latest styles, you’ll find short but interesting articles. Topics range from beauty to the risks of drinking.

Price: $22.95 ($3.83/issue).

B. Muse

Muse seeks to stimulate, delight, and challenge every curious child between the age of 13 and 16. Produced by the editors and published of Cricked, Muse features articles on space, genetics, lasers, rain forests, computers, physics, math, earth sciences, and almost everything else in the universe.

Price: $32.97 ($3.66/issue)

C. Wondertime

Wondertime is a new magazine from the editors of Family Fun, devoted to helping parents develop children’s love of learning. A blend of how and why, Wondertime inspires parents to see the world through their eyes of children. Wondertime mixes playful activities with scientific knowledge about how children develop physically, socially, intellectually, creatively, and emotionally.

Price: $10.00 ($1.00/issue)

D. National Geographic Adventure

A new magazine from National Geographic, National Geographic Adventure is intended for a generation of active men and women who seek new and challenging ways to explore and experience the world. The magazine offers an exciting mix of great photography and interesting articles. Features focus on best adventure stories, travel destinations, sports and more.

Price: $14.97 ($1.50/issue)

E. Family Fun

What does Family Fun mean to you? Crafts? Recipes? Party ideas? Family fun 第 8 页 共9页

magazine dishes up these and more interesting activities in over 180 colorful pages. Aimed at parents with young children, this magazine is to enrich the lives of families. Reviews of computer games, books, videos, and DVDS, written by experts, help parents feel up to the minute.

Price: $9.95 ($0.99/issue)

F. Kids Discover

To help children aged 6 to 12 become lifelong learners, each issue of Kids Discover looks into a single topic in science or social studies which children of this age group have a great interest in. The combination of exciting color photography, lovely pictures and informative kid-friendly text engages readers with attractive content.

Price: $26.95 ($2.25/issue)

第II卷 (非选择题 共20分)

V. 单词拼写(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)

61. Hundreds of people are still in the water, waiting to be ______________(援救).

62. What’s your ____________ (态度)towards the plan? Are you for or against it?

63. Our garden is beautiful, ____________(尤其) in autumn.

64. Finally they were _________________ (说服) to cycle around China.

65. He is ____________ from loss of memory (患有).

66. Many people were killed or i__________ during the earthquake.

67. I'm terribly sorry. I didn't do it on p__________.

68. The Wenchuan earthquake d_________ thousands of people’s homes.

69. Although he is not a native English speaker, he can speak English f________.

70. All the people are c_____________ about the growth of the younger generation.VI. 完成句子 (共10个空,每空1分,满分10分)

71. 首先想到沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅游的是我的姐姐。

It was my sister __________first had the idea to __________ along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends.

72. 几乎没有风,只有篝火的火焰与我们作伴。

There was almost no wind -only the __________of our fire for ___________.

73. 但在城市里的一百万人对这些征兆满不在乎,那晚上还是照常睡觉。

But the one million people of the city, who _________ little of these events, were asleep as ___________that night.

74. 我只能透过脏兮兮的窗帘观看大自然,窗帘悬挂在沾满灰尘的窗前。

I am only able to look at nature ____________ dirty curtain _____________ before very dusty windows.

75. 信不信由你,世界上没有什么标准英语。

Believe it or not, there is _________ __________ thing as standard English.

第 9 页 共9页

参考答案:

1-5 CBACA 6-10 CBCAB

11-15 CABDD 16-20 CBDAA 21-25: CCDDC 26-30 : ADABD 31-35: CCCAD

41-50: BCCDC CABBD

61. rescued

36-40: ACBAC 51—60: ACDDB CDABF 64. persuaded 68. destroyed 62. attitude 66. injured

70. concerned 63. especially 67. purpose 65. suffering 69. fluently

71. who/ that; cycle

74. through; hanging

72. flame; company 75. no such 73. thought; usual

第 10 页 共9页

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:Ex28(情景交际及谚语)
  • 下一篇:B3U1单词默写