封丘一中高二月考试卷

封丘一中高二英语期中考试卷

第二部:分阅读理解(共两节,满分40分) 第一节(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D中选出最佳选项,并在答案卷上将其涂黑。

A. To persuade readers to pursue valuable popularity. B. To tell parents how to guide their children. C. To criticize the present values and beliefs. D. To suggest a good way to be popular.

B

Doing well in high school prepares students for life in college and beyond, so achieving student success is important. High school students learn valuable information from class

lectures and homework, and by asking for help when it is needed. Being prepared for tests and engaging in school activities can help a student to achieve success in high school.

Complete any homework you are assigned on time. Then, if you need help understanding a concept you will have plenty of time to get help.

Create a study area in your home. This can be a quiet bench outside or a seating area in your room. If you like to listen to music while studying, listen to classical or relaxing music. Be sure to have plenty of lighting in the area to read your textbook or notes.

Keep a schedule. If you have extra-curricular activities like sports or school meetings, make sure to schedule your homework and study time around them. Keeping a schedule will allow you to get better grades while they are having fun in high school.

Eat breakfast. Having breakfast each morning before school will give you energy and brain function to pay better attention in class. Eat snacks during study sessions to keep alert and focused on your work.

Create a study group to help fellow high school students and get help if you need it.

Studying with others will help reinforce concepts and information, and if you need help there will always be someone there to help you before you get behind in your studies.

Set up after-school hours with your teacher if you need extra tutoring. Visiting a teacher for one-on-one time before a test will help you nail down those last few concepts you need help with. 5.What will make it possible for the high school students to get better grades while they are having fun?

A. Creating a study area in their home.B. Keeping a schedule and following it.

C. Eating breakfast every morning before school. D. Finding a tutor to get one-on -one instruction.

6.How can the students help themselves before they fall behind in their studies? A. Eat snacks during the study time to keep alert. B. Create a study group to get help if you need it.

C. Make sure to have plenty of lighting in the study area.

D. Be prepared for the exam and engaged in the school activity. 7.What is the best title of the passage?

A. How to achieve student success in high school. B. How to make full preparations for the exam. C. Ways to get better grades than other students D. Ways to improve the learning efficiency

A

It seems that the great desire among the young is to be popular. The desire to be popular can force you into looking and acting like everyone else. You can lose yourself in a sea of identical hairstyles and thinking styles.

I was forced to think about popularity not too long ago in a talk I had with my daughter. Mary had to change schools when my busy work schedule made it necessary for me to move houses. I suppose that, for a girl in her teens, entering a new school is like spending a season alone in the tropical jungles. At least that’s how Mary found it at first. However, as the school year drew to a close, one student after another came to her. I told Mary that I would have been more concerned if she had been an instant social success in her new school. Nobody can please everyone. If you try to do so, you will find values as lasting as soap bubbles blown into the air. Some teenagers claim they want to dress as they please. But they all wear the same clothes. They set off in new directions in music. But somehow they all end up listening to the same record. Their reason for thinking or acting in a certain way is that the crowd is doing it. They have come out of their cocoon(茧,束缚) into a larger cocoon.

I know that it has become harder for a young person to stand up against the popularity there’s a great barrier for the young person who wants to find his or her own path. But the barrier is worth climbing over. You may want to listen to classical music instead of going to a party. Well, go to it. Be yourself. Popularity will come with the people who respect you for who you are. That’s the only kind of popularity that really counts.

1.Why was the author worried about his daughter’s popularity in her new school? A. She might find no true friends.B. She would ignore her academic performance. C. She had no idea of her own. D. She might betray her true self. 2.What does the author think of most teenagers? A. They’re afraid of getting lost in life.

B. They have difficulty understanding each other. C. They lack the courage to be truly different.

D. They find it hard to gain popularity as expected.

3.What is the probable meaning of the underlined word "nonconformist" in Paragraph 4? A. Someone who cares about others’ opinion. B. Someone who desires popularity greatly. C. Someone who behaves in his own way. D. Someone who wants to please others.

4.What is the author’s purpose of writing this passage?

C

试卷第1页

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:内蒙古阿拉善盟第一中学2017届高三上学期期中考试英语试题 Word
  • 下一篇:英语单项知识的讲解与练习(115)