江苏省南京市中华中学高三2017届一模预测卷

中华中学一模预测英语试卷

本试卷分第I卷和第II卷,满分120分,考试时间120分钟。

第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)

第一节 单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

请认真阅读下面各题,从题中所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项

21.—Mike, you’ve got a ?D? in physics. ________?

—Well. I find the subject hard and I think I’ll drop it for History next

term.

A. What ifB. How come C. Why notD. So what

22.—What attracted you to our university?

—You have a great basketball team and I can _______ for it.

A. work out B. look outC. carry outD. try out

23.—What kind of food do you prefer?

—______ but Japanese.

—How about Korean, then?

A. SomethingB. NothingC. Anything D. Everything

24. People in Los Angels have no idea of distance on the map, so they measure distance

________

time not miles.

A. by way ofB. by means ofC. for lack of D. on account of

25.—Why do English people talk so often about the weather when they start a

conversation?

—Well, it’s probably because the weather is a(n)________ topic.

A. safe B. sensitiveC. amazingD. ordinary

26.—Shall we attend the concert this evening?

—Great idea, _______ we can do some shopping first.

A. when B. whereC. since D. if

27. The county, ________ in the north of Shanxi, has a history of more than 1,400

years.

A. locatedB. to be locatedC. being located D. locating

28. Some biologists believe this is an ancient survival strategy, _______ a diet with

30 percentfewer calories than usual increased life span.

A. for whichB. to whichC. of whichD. in which

29. Welcome to the Science Museum, everyone! This stone axe _______ in South Africa

and

experts can’t be exactly sure about its use.

A. had been found B. was foundC. has been foundD. would be found

30. With so many orphans _______, the charity organization calls for more donations.

A. to look afterB. being looked after C. to be looked after D. looked after

31._______ there are living creatures in the outer space as those on Earth hasn’- 1 -

t been proved until

now.

A. How B. When C. Where D. Whether

32. Shopping online can save much time as you _______ go to a shop or walk around

crowded

shopping centers.

A. don’t have to B. oughtn’t to C. won’t D. mustn’t

33. Now the world’s attention ______ the stocking markets, as they have great

influence in the world’s economy.

A. is fixing on B. has fixed on C. is being fixed on D. had been

fixed on

二、完形填空

Carl Walter was my piano teacher. During one of my lessons he asked how much practicing I was doing. I said three or four hours a day.

?Do you practice in long stretches, an hour 36 ??

?I try to.?

?Well, don’t,? he said loudly. ?When you grow up, 37 won’t come in long stretches. Practice in minutes, whenever you can find them five or ten before school, after lunch, 38 household tasks. 39 the practice through the day, and piano-playing will become a part of your life.?

When I was teaching at Columbia, I wanted to 40 , but class periods, theme-reading, and committee meetings filled my days and evenings. For two years I got practically nothing down on paper, and my 41 was that I had no time. Then I remembered what Carl Walter had said. During the next 42 I conducted an experiment. Whenever I had five minutes unoccupied, I sat down and wrote a hundred words or so. To my 43 , at the end of the week I had a rather large manuscript ready for revision, later on I wrote novels by the same piecemeal method. 44 my teaching schedule had become heavier than ever, in every day there were idle moments which could be caught and put to use. I 45 took up piano-playing again, finding that the small 46 of the day provided sufficient time for both writing and piano practice.

There is an important 47 in this time — you must get into your work quickly. If you have but five minutes for writing, you can’t afford to waste four 48 your pencil. You must make your mental preparations 49 , and concentrate on your task almost instantly when the time comes. Fortunately, rapid 50 is easier than most of us realize.

I 51 I have never learnt how to let go easily at the end of the five or ten minutes. But 52 can be expected to supply interruptions. Carl Walter has had a tremendous 53 on my life. 54 him I owe the discovery that even very short periods of time 55 all useful hours I need.

36. A. at no time B. at a time C. at one time D. in no time

37. A. time B. life C. work D. success

38. A. beyond B. among C. beneath D. between

39. A. Separate B. Spread C. Organize D. Arrange

40. A. play B. rest C. write D. read

41. A. excuse B. reason C. cause D. factor

42. A. time B. morning C. week D. day

43. A. satisfaction B. disappointment C. depression D.

astonishment

44. A. Though B. Because C. Whether D. Unless

45. A. often B. even C. ever D. always

46. A. quantities B. pieces C. intervals D. ranges

47. A. period B. link C. stage D. trick

48. A. chewing B. sharpening C. repairing D.

using

49. A. in mind B. in advance C. without delay D. by chance

50. A. development B. progress C. concentration D.

improvement

51. A. admit B. confirm C. claim D. realize

52. A. time B. work C. career D. life

53. A. affection B. influence C. promotion D. proposal

54. A. On B. For C. In D. To

55. A. come down with B. look up to C. add up to D. break up with

三、阅读理解

A

The past 20 years have produced great advances in technology and communications. As a result, people throughout the world have become ever more connected. It is a trend that has changed ways of life around the world.

Perhaps the biggest change in this process is the effect of globalization on commerce. In an effort to build a global economy, most nations of the world have willingly accepted free trade. Free trade removes certain limits added to global commerce to make it easier for nations to exchange with one another. A further aim of this process is to aid poor nations and thus reduce poverty. Globalization has indeed increased trade throughout the world, but experts disagree about its effect on the poor.

The debate about recent trends in global commerce is complex. Those who support free trade in the global market point out that competition lowers prices. Its critics argue that, without controls, such a system often harms poor nations. To some extent, both are correct. For example, Jamaica is a country which imported milk from the United States and because the imported milk was cheaper than local milk, more poor people could drink milk and improve their nutrition. At the same time, the cheaper milk put local dairy farmers out of business. In this sense, globalization caused as much harm as good.

Those who support free trade in the globalization market do so for a number of reasons. Studies show that when a poor nation begins trading on the global level, - 3 -

it gains certain benefits. Its economy grows rapidly. Multinational companies set up factories, which provide jobs for people. Supporters claim that these reduce poverty and lessen the gap between the richest and poorest nations. They believe that the globalization trend benefits the poor.

Critics of unrestricted free trade question these conclusions. Although they agree that the global market can offer growth and jobs to poor nations, they doubt that it reduces poverty. In fact, they cite (引用) studies that show that poverty has increased as a result of the global market. In addition, the gap between rich and poor nations is growing. Regardless of which side they are on, most experts believe that globalization has greatly potential to aid the poor. Both sides need to find a way to make it work.

56. The growing link between the nations and people of the world is called ______.

A. diversity B. globalization C. communication D. commerce

57. We can know that both sides of the debate agree that free trade ______.

A. has little potential to aid the poor countries B. widens the gap between the rich and the poor

C. makes it easier for nations to exchange goods D. results in the rich countries’ economic collapse

58. The author mentions Jamaica as an example to ______.

A. describe a scene B. draw a conclusion C. introduce a topic D. support an argument

59. A person who calls for increased rules in the globalization of economy is most likely to be ______.

A. the head of a large international company B. a critic of free trade in the global market

C. a supporter of free trade in the global market D. an exporter specialized in making dairy products

B

Nicknamed ?The Cradle of Texas?, San Augustine County is full of history. It is home to the first European settlement in the state and has a number of Texas historic landmarks.

The Log Cabin

The Log Cabin, which houses the San Augustine County Chamber of Commerce as well as Tourism Center, is filled with information about attractions and events in the county and qualifies as an attraction itself. Inside the Log Cabin, paintings show the history of San Augustine and you will find a carving of the great Americans eagle by San Augustine woodcarver Joe Lander. Address: 611 West Columbia Street, San Augustine, TX, (936) 275-3610.

Mission Dolores

Mission Dolores is listed in the National Register of Historic Palaces and is a state archaeological archives landmark. Mission Dolores also houses an extensive archive, consisting of 42 different rolls of microfilm with about 1, 200 pages of photocopies and 65 color slides, which can be studied in the reading room next to the visitors’ center. Address: Mission Dolores, 701 S. Broadway, San Augustine, TX, (936) 275-3815.

Ezkiel W. Cullen House

Ezkiel W. Cullen House was an associated justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Texas, and a member of the third Congress. His 1837 house, designed by architect Augustus Phelps, is of Greek Revival style, and contains an impressive collection of works by San Augustine artist S. Seymour Thomas. Address: 205 South Congress Street, San Augustine, TX, (936) 275-5110.

Jerusalem CME Church

The Jerusalem Memorial CME Church is considered to be the first African American church in Texas. It was established in 1845 as the CME Church, but in 1870 it changed its name to the Jerusalem CME Church. Address: South Augustine, TX, (936) 275-5533.

Every October, San Augustine holds a Sassafras Festival that has live entertainment, arts and crafts, and contests.

60. San Augustine County is called ?The Cradle of Texas? because _______.

A. it is the origin of Texas B. it has many places of interests

C. many tourists visit it every year D. it’s the most developed area in Texas

61. In the Log Cabin, you can find ________.

A. some works of art B. some cultural remains C. lots of beautiful photos

D. many ancient monuments

62. You can learn about the works of S. Seymour Thomas in _______.

A. the Log Cabin B. Mission Dolores C. Jerusalem CME Church D. Ezkiel W. Cullen House

C

Environmentalists said our planet was bound to die. Now one man says they are wrong. ?Everyone knows the planet is in bad shape,? thundered a magazine article last year. ?Species are being driven to die out at record rates, and the rivers are so poisonous that fish are floating on the surface, dead.?

But there’s growing belief that what everyone takes for granted is wrong: Things are actually getting better. A new book is about to overturn our most basic assumptions about the world’s environment. Rivers, seas, rain and the atmosphere are all getting better.

The total amount of forests in the world is not declining. The Skeptical Environmentalist by Bjorn Lomborg, professor of statistics at the University ofAarhus in Denmark, is an attack on the misleading claims of environmental groups, and the ?bad news? culture that makes people believe everything is getting worse.

Now the attacks are increasingly coming from left-wing environmentalists such as Lomborg, a former member of Greenpeace. The accusation is that, although the environment is improving, green groups — with profits of hundreds of millions of pounds a year — are using scare tactics (战术) to gain donations. Lomborg’s book doesn’t deny global warming — probably the biggest environmental threat — but destroys almost every other environmental claim with many official statistics.

The Worldwatch Institute claims that deforestation has been accelerating over the last 30 years. Buy Lomborg says that is simply rubbish. Since the dawn of - 5 -

agriculture the world has lost about 20% of its forest cover, but in recent decades the forest area’s depleting has come to a stop. According to UN figures, the area of forests has remained almost steady, at about 30% of total land area, since 1940s. Forests in countries such as the US, UK and Canada have actually been expanding over the past 40 years. Despite all the warnings the Amazon rainforest has only shrunk by about 15%.

Nor are all our species dying out. Some campaigners claim that 50% of all species will have died out within 50 years. But other studies show only 0.08% of species are dying out each year. Conservation efforts have been successful. Whales are no longer threatened and the bald eagle is off the endangered list.

Environmental groups claim that many of the improvements are the results of their campaigns. Stephen Tindale, director of Greenpeace UK, said, ?There are important examples, such as acid rain and ozone, where things weren’t as bad as predicted, and that’s because our behaviour changed.?

63. What is Lomborg’s main argument in The Skeptical Environmentalist?

A. Our planet is in bad shape.

B. The world’s environment is improving.

C. Conservation efforts have been successful.

D. The total amount of forests in the world is not declining.

64. What is Lomborg’s main accusation of environmentalists?

A. They changed their behaviour toward the environment.

B. They only told people bad news about the environment.

C. They scared people into making donations.

D. They overturned our basic assumption about the world’s environment.

65. The underlined word ?depleting? is closes in meaning to ?______?.

A. accelerating B. limiting C. expanding D. reducing

66. Which of the following can be the best title for the passage?

A. Are all species dying out? B. Isn’t conservation powerful?

C. Is Our Planet Bound to Die? D. Aren’t environmentalists wrong?

D

Ben walked quietly. He wanted to surprise the hunter. But then, what would he do?

Suddenly he heard a bird’s wings beating the dry grass. Ben moved quickly toward the sound.

He saw a colored head… the head of a beautiful bird. The bird did not move until Ben came close. Then it tried to fly away, but one wing was broken.

Ben lifted the bird and held it close against his body. The bird fought to escape, but soon lay quietly in Ben’s arms.

Ben decided to take the bird home and fix its broken wing so that it could fly again.

He was almost out of the woods when he heard the hunter behind him.

?You just found that bird?? the hunter asked.

?Yes,? Ben answered.

?It is mine!?

Ben was afraid and tried to answer, but his mouth was too dry to speak. Nevertheless, he wetted his lips and said, ?No.?

?I shot him and I say he is mine!?

?But he is not dead yet,? Ben answered, ?and besides, anything on my land belongs to me.?

The hunter looked down at the little man and smiled. ?Say, who are you?? Ben’s voice shook with both fear and anger. ?I own this land. There are signs everywhere that say, ‘No hunting’.?

?No need to get angry, mister,? the hunter said, ?Control yourself.?

There was something threatening in the man’s cool quiet voice. And he had a gun. His arms were free and Ben’s were not.

The hunter stepped closer and said, ?Give me that bird!?

Ben was white with anger, ?No!? he answered. His eye glasses became wet and he had to look over the top of them to see the other man.

?Give me the bird and I will go away,? the hunter said.

?You get off my land,? Ben told him. ?Get off right now… you do not belong here!?

The man’s face got red. ?Mister,? he said, ?I have been hunting here all my life. I grew up here.?

?That is a thing of the past.? Ben said. ?I do not know who you are and I do not care. I own this place now and I’m telling you to leave. You go back through the woods and get off my land!?

?Now look, mister,? the hunter said, ?be reasonable.?

The hunter raised his gun.

A cold wind blew across Ben’s face. He looked into the hunter’s gray eyes. Ben was frightened. It was not too late, he thought. He could still give the bird to the hunter and return safely home… that would end this whole ugly business.

The bird struggled weakly and made a wild, strange noise.

Then Ben knew he could never give this bird to the hunter. This feeling gave Ben great strength, and he was no longer afraid.

?I will never let you kill this bird,? he said. ?Get away from here. If you try to take this bird, I will fight... you have a gun and you are bigger, but that does not worry me. You will never get this bird... you will have to kill me first.?

The two men looked at each other. Ben’s fear returned. His knees began to shake and felt sick. Yet he stood straight, wondering what would happen next.

They stood close to each other for a long time. The woods are strangely quiet. Then the hunter’s rough voice broke the silence.

?You are a fool.? And then to Ben’s surprise, he slowly walked away.

Ben watched until he was gone. His arms hurt, his body felt wet and cold.

67. Why did the hunter smile when saying ?Say, who are you? (Paragraph 13)?

A. He was amused at Ben’s reply and interested in him.

B. He wanted to confirm Ben’s identity in a friendly way.

C. He looked down on Ben and thought his reply ridiculous.

D. He meant to be friendly enough to get the bird from Ben.

68. What strengthened Ben’s determination never to give the bird to the hunter? - 7 -

A. His strong dislike of the hunter. B. His firm confidence in himself.

C. His ownership of this piece of land. D. His concern and sympathy for the bird.

69. The hunter thought Ben a fool in the end because _______.

A. Ben tried to protect a bird at all costs B. Ben insisted he should leave the land

C. Ben pretended to be fearless though scared D. Ben stood close to him saying nothing for long

70. It can be learned from the passage that _______.

A. Ben held out to the end B. Ben never thought of giving in

C. Ben was willing to compromise D. Ben was sure about his victory

四、任务型阅读

A young person is said to have a behavior disorder when his or her behavior is noticeably different from that expected in the school or community. This can also be stated in simpler terms as a child who is not doing what adults want him to do at a particular time. Children with this disorder often seem to be behaving in different and socially unacceptable ways.

Like learning disabilities, behavior disorders are hard to diagnose. There are no physical symptoms in the body that are observable or measurable. Behavior disorders are therefore identified by observing behavior patterns in the child over a period of time. If a child displays some of the following behaviors, he may be labeled with a behavior disorder:

◆ Aggression and cruelty to people and animals.

◆ Destruction of property — defacing or damaging things.

◆ Little sympathy and concern for others.

◆ Takes no responsibility for behavior. Also lies, cheats and steals easily. ◆ Disregards rules and regulations.

In addition to these general symptoms of a behavior disorder, there are other symptoms characteristic of more specific behavior disorders such as ADHD — this is the inattentive, can’t-sit-still behavior. The attention can’t last long and the behavior is impulsive at times. The child also seems quite distracted and forgetful.

Behavior disorders come from brain injury, child abuse, and shock, etc. There have also been indications that it could be a genetic disorder. The behavior therefore is an involuntary response to these experiences and the child should not be blamed for his behavior. Since the child has problems controlling his behavior, it stands to reason that his performance in school will be affected. A child with a behavior disorder will feel bad about himself and that low self-esteem will be further worsened by the adults around him who do not treat his condition with understanding and willingness to help.

Behavior disorders are best dealt with by behavior and psychological treatments. But, as with learning disabilities, accurate diagnosis is important and this must be over a length of time. It is also important in trying to modify the behavior to be clear about what is the behavior you are expecting. Make sure it is a rational expectation. For example, expecting a three-year-old to sit quietly through a long - 8 -

church service may not be reasonable, or demanding that a six-year-old does extra home work after a long day of school and extra curricular activities may be stretching the child’s concentration and attention too far. Since some behavior disorders result from shocking and upsetting life experiences or brain injury, treatments should include helping the child to resolve and heal emotionally from the experience. The behavior could be corrected through emotional healing. In other words, when a human being is emotionally healthy, that is, can be aware of his intelligence and enthusiasm for life and his loving connectedness to other human beings, he automatically ?behaves? rationally.

南京市中华中学试题答案

一、单项选择

1-5 AACDB 6-10 CDDDB 11-15 BDCAA 16-20 ACADC

21-25 BCACA 26-30 CABDC 31-35 BDBCD

二、完形填空

36-40: BADBC 41-45: ACDAB 46-50: CDABC 51-55 ADBDC

三、阅读理解

56-59 BCDB 60-62 AAD 63-66 BCDC 67-70: CDAA

四、任务型阅读

71. details 72. differently 73. aggressive/ cruel 74.

answer/ response

75. obeying /observing 76. resulting accurately

79. health 80. easy 77. rise/birth 78.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:20082009学年高三英语第一次调研考试题
  • 下一篇:20082009学年梅州中学高一英语中段考试题