2017版 创新方案 英语外研版 配套习题检测文档:高考题型提能练(

高考题型提能练(二十八) Module 4

Ⅰ.阅读理解

A

I sat with a friend a few weeks ago as she scrolled through photos of her college freshman daughter on her phone. She asked me, “Doesn't she look happy? She looks OK, right?” Her daughter had recently had a difficult time, which was now over, but her mother — like all mothers would — still worried, sometimes, that something might be wrong.

For generations of parents, sending children off to college meant knowing little to nothing about how their children were doing. Other than the occasional letter or call from a dorm room phone, children who had left home were mostly unseen and heard from infrequently. College kids could get into all kinds of trouble and their parents would know nothing about it until Christmas vacation or summer break.

Now, of course, that's not at all how it is. Parents of college students can spend hour upon hour examining photos on Instagram or Facebook of their children. They look for hints of sadness in their eyes, the way their clothes fit, whether they're really smiling or just sort of smiling.

However, I don't think it's necessary. College is a time of intense personal growth. Pain is a necessary lesson for the emotional leap from childhood to adulthood. Mothers shouldn't be able to see photos in real time that capture their children when they're at their worst — whether because of too much alcohol or too little happiness.

The blessing of social media is the ability to connect at any time with your child, no matter where he or she may be in the world. Facebook, Instagram and the rest are keeping our helicopters flying long after they should have landed. Maybe it would be better for all of us to be a little less aware of the state of our children's lives once they leave home. Better for the children, and certainly better for the parents.

1.That friend scrolled through photos on her phone most probably because she ________.

A.was bored and wanted to kill the time

B.wanted to make sure her daughter was alright

C.wanted to help her daughter through the difficulty

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:受委屈的作文开头结尾
  • 下一篇:英语单项知识的讲解与练习(108)