源清中学2016期中试卷(附答案)

源清中学2016学年第一学期高一期中考试

英语试卷

命题人:徐丽萍审核人:徐兰燕

第一部分:完型填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)

阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在题卡上将该项涂黑。

The Fortune Cookie(幸运签语饼)

For many years, my parents had a fortune from a fortune cookie that , ―You and your wife will be happy in your life together.‖ They it in a framed picture of themselves smiling near a beach in Cuba. I always enjoyed seeing the picture and the fortune; it gave me aof stability(稳定). I would say that they had a wonderful twenty-six-year There were, of course, good times and times, but they were able to work together to make the life they wanted. In my opinion, there is not much more than one can ask .

When my mother was fifty-one, she got a cancer on her tongue. Operating would have bad effects on her voice, and she would have been required to use a feeding tube(管子) for theof her life. She chose radiation treatment(化疗). More than one year later she was forced to have a tracheotomy(气管切开术), which meant that she her voice and had to start using a tube. She decided with my father not to go through any more treatments and to at home. During this difficult time, I married my husband. We moved in with my parents tomy father and to be with my mother. Five weeks after my wedding, my mother at home with the whole family present.

The day after her death, my family went out to – we really weren’t up to cooking a big family meal. My father chose a Vietnamese(越南) . We ate our dinner, talking about my mother and memories. It was a bittersweet the same time we were that her suffering was over. After dinner, we got our fortune cookies as usual. We our fortune cookies. My husband’s fortune read, ―You and your wife will be happy in your life together.‖ We .

1. A. wrote B. read C. told D. talked

2. A. kept B. left C. forgot D. liked

3. A. emotion B. safety C. sense D. happiness

4. A. life B. family C. home D. marriage

5. A. wonderful B. strange C. bad D. poor

6. A. for B. of C. with D. over

7. A. other B. last C. rest D. first

8. A. lost B. raised C. lowed D. started

9. A. flowing B. feeding C. medicine D. water

10. A. work B. lay C. stay D. arrive

11. A. possibly B. gradually C. probably D. extremely

12. A. offer B. help C. command D. swap

高一期中考试英语试卷第 1 页 共 7 页

13. A. recovered B. suffered C. died D. passed

14. A. walk B. picnic C. visit D. eat

15. A. hotel B. restaurant C. cinema D. museum

16. A. sharing B. remembering C. collecting D. packing

17. A. cookie B. place C. moment D. dusk

18. A. sad B. upset C. determined D. glad

19. A. made B. found C. opened D. cooked

20. A. laughed B. smiled C. cried D. preferred

第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分26分)

第一节(共8个小题;每小题2分,满分16分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

A student was one day taking a walk with his teacher. As they went along, they saw a pair of old shoes lying in the path. They were a poor farmer’s, who was working in the nearby field.

The student turned to the teacher, saying: ―we will hide his shoes, and hide ourselves behind those trees, and wait to see what he will do.‖

―My young friend,‖ answered the teacher, ―we should never make fun of the poor. Why not put a coin in each shoe, and then we will hide ourselves and watch?‖The student did so and they both hid themselves behind the trees. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat and shoes.

After putting on his coat, he put his foot into one of his shoes, and felt something hard. Then he bent down to feel what it was, and found the coin. Surprised, he looked at the coin, turned it around and looked at it again. He then looked around, but no person was seen. He put the money into his pocket, and continued to put on the other shoe. His surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

He couldn’t control his feelings and fell to his knees, looked up to the sky and expressed his thanks. Then he spoke of his wife, sick and helpless, and his children without bread. He said the help would save them from dying.

The student stood there deeply moved, and his eyes filled with tears. ―Now,‖ said the teacher, ―are you not much happier than if you had hidden the shoes?‖

21. When the student saw the shoes, he wanted to _____.

A. steal them B. find their owner

C. play a joke on the owner D. give the owner some money

22. When the farmer saw the second coin, he _____.

A. was very excited and grateful B. was worried and looked up at the sky

C. was surprised and decided to find the owner

D. spoke of his difficulties and asked for more help

23. At the end of the story, the student _____.

A. was very proud of himself B. was very pleased with his life

C. felt very sorry about his first idea D. felt sad for not taking his teacher’s advice 高一期中考试英语试卷第 2 页 共 7 页

24. What can we learn from the passage?

A. It is never too late to learn.B. All good things come to an end.

C. Where there is a will, there is a way. D. True happiness comes from helping others.

B

Do you want to be a successful person? Would you like to know how successful people usually think and what drives them? Here I am going to tell you the key to success that successful people share.

First of all, successful people never blame someone or something outside of themselves for their failure to move ahead. They realize that their future lies in their own hands. They understand that they can’t control things in life, such as nature, the past and other people. At the same time, they are well aware that they can control their own thoughts and actions. They take responsibility for their life.

Perhaps what most separates successful people from others is that they live life ―on purpose‖ --- they are doing what they believe they are put here to do. In their opinion, having a purpose in their life is the most important element that enables them to deal with things around them. They hold the view that when they live their life ―on purpose‖, their main concern is to do the job right. They live what they do. People want to do business with them because of their commitment. To live their life ―on purpose‖, successful people find a cause they believe in and create a business around it.

Besides, they never give up easily. Once they have set up goals in their life, they are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their goals. They always bear in mind what they don’t have. Rather after what they want energetically and passionately.

So keep in mind what successful people always hold to be true so that you will have a clear idea of what you should do to be successful in life.

25. According to the passage, to be successful, ______.

A. you should set up a realistic goal

B. you should know your strengths and weaknesses

C. you shouldn’t blame others for your failure

D. you shouldn’t waste time

26. Which is NOT the key to success that successful people share?

A. Taking responsibility for their life. B. Never giving up easily.

C. Having a goal in life. D. Controlling things in life.

27. The underlined word ―spur‖ in paragraph 4 probably means ―______‖.

A. interest B. equip C. depend D. inspire

28. The author’s purpose in writing this passage is to ______.

A. explain the exact meaning of success

B. share the key to success with readers

C. tell his experience of achieving success

D. encourage readers to learn from failure

高一期中考试英语试卷第 3 页 共 7 页

第二节(共5个小题;每小题2分,满分10分)

根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。

Kids weren’t born with manners. So, how do you teach kids to mind their manners? So the most important way you can pass them to your kids is to model them and talk about them in your home.

Say thank you

Every time you hand them things, encourage them to say ―Thank you, Mama!‖ As they get older, offer gentle reminders when they forget. Don’t forget, ―Thank you‖ goes beyond receiving food. It is the appropriate(合适的) response for receiving gifts, favors and kindness.

No interrupting(打断)

Teach kids not to interrupt others while they’re talking. Besides, when you’re teaching these manners to your kids, make sure you tell them why they’re important. ―We don’t interrupt people when they’re talking because that makes them feel like what they have to say isn’t important‖ is a simple explanation that even babies can understand.

Use a key word

Find a simple word that lets your child know it’s not the best choice of action out in public. It simply reminds our children that these actions have a time and a place — ―not here, not now‖.

Kindness and respect

When we practice kindness in our daily life, we will naturally teach our kids to be kind. Hold doors open for people behind us, help those who need help, and allow someone to go ahead of us.

A. Our actions affect our kids.

B. We can use the word ―inappropriate‖.

C. Kind manners are more caught than taught.

D. It won’t be long before they’re doing it by themselves.

E. We expect them to be respectful to those around them.

F. But tell them to say ―Excuse me‖ if they have to get a word in.

G. Respecting people is a good way to show your kindness to your kids.

三、语法填空(共10个小题,每小题1分,满分10分)

阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。

My name is Anne. I’m a Jewish. My family and I have to hide away in order 34__________ to be caught by the Nazis. Ihaven’t been able to go outdoors for so long 35__________I have grown so crazy about everything 36____________ (do) with nature. One evening, I 37___________ (decide) to look at the moon 38_________ myself. 39_____________, as the moon gave too much light, I didn’t dare open a window. Another time, I happened to be 40_________ when the window was open. Ididn’t go downstairs until the window had to be shut. The dark, rainy evening, the wind, the 高一期中考试英语试卷第 4 页 共 7 页

thundering clouds held me entirely in 41___________ power. Sadly, it’s no pleasure 42_____________(look) at these any longer through dirty curtains 43_____________ nature is one thing that really must be experienced.

四.单词拼写(根据首字母及句意完成单词,共10个小题,每小题1分,满分10 分)

1. Our workmate has been in danger. We’re all c___________ about his health. 2. The underground was completed ahead of s____________ .

3. You can trust her, since she is always r_________.

4. People’s a__________ toward family are set very early in life.

5. As soon as the children s__________ themselves in their seats in the theatre, the curtain went up.

6. Those who want to get the job should have a good c___________________ of English.

7. After g________________ from Yuanqing High School, he went abroad to have a further study.

8. I much p__________ rock music to jazz when I was a middle school student.

9. It will be difficult to p______________ her to change her mind.

10. How can Linda r________________ from her illness in this room when it’s so dirty?

五.根据中文提示完成下列句子(共18空, 每空1词,每个词0.5分,共9 分)

1.即使他们反对我们的计划,我们也不会让步的。

_________________ they don’t agree to our plan, we won’t give in.

2.那时候犹太人在经济和文化的发展中发挥着很重要的作用。

At that time the Jewish _____________ important ___________in the development of economy and culture.

3. 许多新问题在昨天的会议上被提出来。

A lot of new questions _________________ at the meeting yesterday.

4. 首先想到沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅行的是我的姐姐。

______ ______ my sister _______ first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends.

5. Margot 问她大衣下面还藏了什么.

Margot asked her what else she _______ ________ under her overcoat.

6. 经过彻底打扫以后,我们的校园比以往任何时候都美.

Having been thoroughly cleaned, our campus looked more beautiful ______ ______ ______.

7. 科学家正在考虑在未来如何利用这一材料.

The scientists are considering what use can ____ _____ _____ such a material in the future.

高一期中考试英语试卷第 5 页 共 7 页

六.应用文写作(15分)

假如你叫李华,是一名外语特色学校的高中生。最近你在校英语演讲比赛(contest)中获得了一等奖,请给外教Chris写一封信。内容包括:

1.告诉她获奖的消息 2.感谢她提供的帮助 3. 告诉她你未来的职业规划。

注意:1.词数80 左右

2. 可适当发挥,以使行文连贯。

Dear Chris,

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ Yours

LiHua

高一期中考试英语试卷第 6 页 共 7 页

答案:

完型:BACDC ACABC DBCDB ACDCB

阅读:第一节A:CACD B:CDDB 第二节:CDFBA

语法:34.not 35.that 36.to do 37. decided 38.by 39. However 40.upstairs 41.their 42.looking

43.because

单拼:concerned stubborn reliable attitudes suffered command graduating preferred persuade recovered

句子:1. Even if 2.played the part 3.come up 4. It was that 5. had hidden 6.than ever before 7. be made of

高一期中考试英语试卷第 7 页 共 7 页

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:优秀教师自主成长:内涵与策略
  • 下一篇:单元4活动l 展示框架先规划