高二英语试题

(考试时间:120分钟 总分120分)

注意事项:

1、本试卷共分两部分,第Ⅰ卷为选择题,第Ⅱ卷为非选择题。

2、所有试题的答案均填写在答题纸上,答案写在试卷上的无效。

第I卷选择题(共三部分,满分85分)

第一部分 听力(共两节,满分20分)

第一节 (共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)

听下面5段对话,每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置,听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题的阅读下一小题,每段对话仅读一遍。

1. What does the woman like collecting best?

A. StampsB. Coins C. Train tickets.

2. Which country found lovely music is good for people's heart?

A. AmericaB. Australia.C. Russia.

3. What is the woman eager to buy?

A. Ice creams. B. Candy.C. Drinks.

4. What is the man's son now?

A. A pupil. B.A high school student. C.A university student

5. Why didn't the woman call the man yesterday?

A. She lost her cellphone.

B. Her cellphone was power off.

C. Her teacher took her cellphone away.

第二节 (共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

听下面5段对话或独白,每段对话和独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A B C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置,听每段对话和独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,

每小题5分钟;听完后,各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话和独白读两遍。 听第6段材料,回答第6—7题。

6. What happened to the man?

A. He failed his final test.

B. He was out of work.

C. He gave the students a hard final.

7. How was the man's feeling to the woman?

A. Disappointed. B. Friendly. C. Grateful

听第7段材料,回答第8—9题。

8. What sign does Mark have?

A.Sheep. B.MonkeyC.Pig

9. What does the woman think of Dale?

A. Creative. B. Funny C. Cute

听第8段材料,回答第10 ~12题。

10. What's the probable relationship between the two speakers?

A. Salesperson and customer.

B. Old school friends.

C. Fellow workers.

11. What do we know about the woman in the dialogue?

A. She is fond of her work.

B. She's tired of traveling.

C. She is interested in law.

12. What can we know from the passage?

A. They have ever seen once.

B. The woman was really tired of her job.

C. The man's job is a challenging job.

听第9段材料,回答第13 ~16题。

13. What is the man preparing for?

A.Going to work. B.A job interview. C.A party.

14. What looks terrible on the man according to the woman?

A.The jacket. B.The pants. C.The tie.

15.What color of tie is the man going to wear?

A. Orange B. Red.C. Blue.

16. What makes the man look smarter?

A. The briefcase. B. The pair of glasses C. The suit

听第10段材料,回答第17—20题。

17. Which day can students of reading clubs get together and exchange their ideas on books?

A.On Wednesday. B.On Saturday. C.On Thursday.

18. How many clubs are mentioned in the text?

A. Two. B. Three.C. Four.

19. How long will be the bike riding last at least?

A. One hour. B. Two hours. C. Three hours.

20. Where should students go for more information?

A. To the school website.

B. To the students' union.

C. To the note board.

第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)

第一节:单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

21. He didn’t keep his ________, for which I had _______ with him last night.

A. words; a word B. word; word C. words; words D. word; words

22. I would appreciate _____ very much if you would help me with it.

A. them B. one C. that D. it

23. My first ______ of him was that he was a kind and considerate young man.

A. expression B. admission C. explanationD. impression

24. Nowadays, some hot network languages are even _________ in some official media, such as CCTV

and People’s Daily.

A. appeared B. adoptedC. received D. conducted

25. The girl ______ on the ground _____ to me that she had _____ the schoolbag on the desk.

A. lying, lay, laid B. lying, lied, laid C. lie, lied, layD. lay, lied, lain

26. It’s his laziness that _________ his failure in the last exam.

A. resulted from B. resulted in C. as a result of D. brought in

27. While shopping-online in Taobao, people sometimes can’t help _________ into buying something

they don’t really need.

A. to persuade B. persuading C. being persuaded D. be persuaded

28. From his ________ look, we could see that the professor hadn’t expected that we could raise such

_________ questions to him.

A. confusing; confusing

C. confusing; confused B. confused; confused D. confused; confusing

29. Much time ______ sitting at a desk, office workers are generally troubled by health problems.

A. to spendB. having spent C. spent D. spending

30. The boss of the firm says large quantities of food _______ for the winter.

A. has stored B. has been stored C. have stored D. have been stored

31. Bill wasn’t happy about the failure of this competition, and ________.

A. I was neitherB. neither was IC. I was eitherD. either was I

32. ________ is now no _______ that Chinese football sports have no choice but to push ahead with

series of reforms.

A. It; doubt B. There; needC. It; point D. There; debating

33. Yesterday morning all Chinese people must have felt very proud that China launched the Shenzhou

XI manned spacecraft, __________?

A. mustn’t they B. haven’t they C. don’t they D. didn’t they

34. If you have a job, ________ yourself to it and finally you’ll succeed.

A. do commit B. don’t commit C. committing D. not committing

35.—Why didn’t you invite John to your birthday party?

—Well, you know he’s _______ .

A. an early bird B. a wet blanket C. a lucky dog D. a tough nut

第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)

People are paying more and more attention to water and its value to human beings. March 22 is World Water Day and the theme(主题)“Water for Life”.

There are more than one billion people in the world who live without because of pollution. The United Nations to cut this number in half by 2015 .

Solving such a big problem seems like do something to help. A teenage girl in the US has set an example to of her age around the world.

Rene Haggerty, 13, was awarded the 2004 Gloria Barron Prize for her work discarded(废旧的) batteries which pollute water.

In 2003, Haggerty went on a field trip to the Great Lakes Science Centre in Ohio. There, she saw an exhibit about how in old batteries harm the water of Lake Erie.

Haggerty learnt that the batteries was an easy solution. "I think everybody can do it, because everyone batteries, and it can make a big difference." Later, she began to the awareness of collecting batteries in her area.

She her country government and school board. She got permission to start a recycling programme in schools friends and local waste-management ,she gathered containers, arranged transportation and made a (n) video.

Over the past two years, she collected four tons of batteries and drew the attention of officials, who were in charge of a battery recycling programme but had made progress

When asked .“Not really. Well, maybe for the fish I saved!”

Every year the Gloria Barron Prize young Americans aged 8 to 18 who have shown leadership and courage in the public and the planet. Each year ten winners receive US $2

000 each, to help with their education costs or their public service work. 36. A. has B. gives 37. A. enoughB. safe 38 A. asks B. orders 39. A. a big B. a strong 40. A. especially. B. sometimes 41. A. boys B. others 42. A. collecting B. selling 43. A. things B. chemicals44. A. makingB. recycling45. A. uses B. buys 46. A. tell B. increase 47. A. talked to B. listened to 48. A. and B. beside 49. A. officials B. workers 50. A. industrial B. agricultural 51. A. much B. not 52. A. if B. how 53. A. proud B. glad 54. A. honorsB. helps 55. A. doing B. saving

第三部分:阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

Wind is the great maker of waves. There are exceptions, such as the tidal (潮汐的) waves sometimes produced by earthquakes under the sea. But the waves most of us know are produced by winds blowing over the sea.

Now before constructing an imaginary life history of a typical wave, we need to know certain physical things about it. A wave has height, from trough (low point) to crest (high Point). It has length--the distance from this crest to that of the following wave. The period of the

wave

C. writes

D. discusses

C. much D. polluted C. hopes D. ensures C. an important D. an unreal C. even D. seldom C. girls D. grown-ups C. buying D. using C. water D. air C. reducing D. handling C. throws D. needs C. spread D. inform C. heard from

D. thought about

C. as well as D. as good as C. clerks(职员) D. experts

C. scientific D. educational

C. some D. little C. when D. why C. modest D. worried C. supports D. praises

C. serving D. Behaving

means the time it takes for succeeding crests to pass a fixed point. None of these things stays the same--for all depend upon the wind, upon the depth of the water and many other matters.

The water that makes up a wave does not advance with it across the sea. Each drop of water turns around in a little circle with the passing of the wave, but returns very nearly to its original position. And it is fortunate that this is so. For if the huge masses of water that make up a wave actually moved across the sea, sailing would be impossible.

If we want to find the speed of a wave, we may use the following way:

Speed = wavelength × frequency

Here, wavelength is the distance between two high points (crests), frequency means the number of cycles per second .

56. What causes waves?

A. Earthquakes and nothing else. B. Only wind.

C. Wind causes most waves. D. Wind causes some waves.

57. Which of the following is true according to the passage?

A. The water of a wave moves away across the sea.

B. The water of a wave remains almost at the same place.

C. The water of a wave goes with the passing of the wave.

D. The length of a wave means the distance from the top of a wave to the bottom.

58. The speed of Wave 1 is 100 cm/s, frequency 10. The frequency of Wave 2 is 300, while its speed is twice that of Wave 1. Which of the following is right?

A. The wavelengths of the two are equal.

B. The wavelength of Wave 1 is 10 times longer than that of Wave 2.

C. The wavelength of Wave 2 is longer than that of Wave 1.

D. The wavelength of Wave 1 is longer than that of Wave 2.

B

There has been a dramatic increase in the number of natural disasters over the past few years, and it is assumed that global warming and climate change could cause even more disasters in the future. Some of the world’s leading cities are facing disasters like floods and heat waves. London

London’s flood defences are getting older. Since 1982, the Thames Barrier(水闸)has protected the city from the threat of flooding, but it was only designed to last until 2030 and close once every two or three years. About 26 years later the barrier now closes five or six times a year and according to Environment Agency predictions, by 2050 the barrier will be closed on almost every tide if the problem is not addressed.

There are 26 underground stations, 400 schools, 16 hospitals, an airport and 80 billion worth of property(财产) in London’s flood risk area, so large scale flooding would be disastrous.

Paris

Over a six week period in July and August 2003, more than 11,400—mainly elderly people—died in France from dehydration(脱水)and extremely high body temperature in a deadly heat wave. Heat waves of similar intensity(强度)are expected every seven years by 2050, so what can be done to make sure such a disaster does not happen again?

One solution is to have air-conditioners installed(安装) in elderly care homes. But this is considered a short-term solution, as the increase in demand for electricity also increases carbon emissions(排放).

In Paris the local authorities are encouraging architects to design new types of buildings such as the building “Flower Tower,” which uses a covering of bamboo to act as a natural air-conditioner.

Shanghai

Shanghai is the fastest growing city on Earth. It has a population of 18 million and is only 4 meters above sea level. Sea levels are predicted to rise by 20 cm within the next century.

An average of 250,000 people move to Shanghai every year in search of work, placing extra demands on energy consumption. China relies heavily on coal-fired power stations, but these emissions increase temperatures and, in turn, warmer seas increase the risk of typhoons.

59. What problem should be settled now in London?

A. How to protect the city’s property.

B. Where to build its flood defences.

C. How to use the Thames Barrier to protect the city.

D. How to improve the function of the old flood defences.

60. Which of the following measures can’t solve the heat wave disaster in Paris?

A. Putting up new types of buildings with a covering of bamboo.

B. Having air-conditioners installed in elderly care homes.

C. Forbidding the city to build “Flower Tower”.

D. Encouraging architects to design new types of buildings.

A. increasing population and coal-fired power stations

B. rising sea levels and typhoons

C. extremely high temperature and rising sea levels

D. extra demands on energy consumption and typhoons

A. to tell us how to protect the big cities

B. to give advice on how to defend natural disasters

C. to explain what causes flood and heat waves

D. to warn us of the increasing natural disasters in big cities

C

Expressions about water are almost as common as water itself.

The expression to be in hot water is a very old expression. Hot water was used five hundred years ago to mean being in trouble. One story says it got that meaning from the custom of throwing extremely hot water down on enemies attacking a castle.

That no longer happens. But we still get in hot water. When we are in hot water, we are in trouble. It can be any kind of trouble---serious or not so serious. A person who breaks a law can be in hot water with the police. A young boy can be in hot water with his mother, if he walks in the house with dirty shoes.

Being in deep water is almost the same as being in hot water. When you are in deep water, you are in a difficult position.

To keep your head above water is a colorful expression that means staying out of debt. A company seeks to keep its head above water during economic hard times. A man who loses his job tries to keep his head above water until he finds a new job.

Water over the dam is another expression about a past event. It is something that is finished. It cannot be changed. The expression comes from the idea that water that has flowed over a dam cannot be brought back again.

Another common expression, to hold water, is about the strength or weakness of an idea or opinion that you may be arguing about. It probably comes from a way of testing the condition of a container. If it can hold water, it is strong and has no holes in it. If your argument can hold water, it is strong and does not have any holes.

Throwing cold water also is an expression that deals with ideas or suggestions. It means

criticizing an idea. For example, you want to buy a new car because the old one has some problems. But your wife throws cold water on the idea, and she says a new car costs too much.

63. If Robert says he is in deep water, we may guess ___________

A. he is swimming under the water B. he is tired of changing shoes

C. he nearly breaks a law D. he faces a difficult choice

64. What can you say to your friend Jane, who is troubled by a mistake she has made?

A. Keep your head above water.B. Throw cold water.

C. It is water over the dam. D. It can hold water.

65. If your argument doesn't hold water, then it is ___________

A. weak B. convincingC. logicalD. disappointing

66. Which of the following is the most probable title of this passage?

A. Water diving into a sea of words B. Water the most natural resource

C. About water D. About expressions

D

It had been a difficult move. I’d left my family and friends in Indiana, the beloved state where I’d lived most of my life. My new home in Florida was thousands of miles away from anything I knew. It was hot—all the time. Jobs were hard to come by, but I was up for almost any challenge.

At last, I taught in a special school where students have severe learning and behavioral difficulties.

Another teacher and I had spent weeks teaching the children appropriate behavior for public outings. Unexpectedly, only a few students, including Kyle, had not earned the privilege(特权) of going. He was determined to make his disappointment known.

In the corridor(走廊) between classrooms, he began screaming, cursing, spitting, and swinging at anything within striking distance. Once his outburst(愤怒) died down, he did what he’d done when he was angry at all his other schools, at home, even once at a juvenile detention(拘留)center. He ran.

People watched in disbelief as Kyle dashed straight into the heavy morning traffic in front of the school.

I heard someone shout, “Call the police!”

But I ran after him.

Kyle was at least a foot taller than me. And he was fast. His older brothers were track stars at the nearby high school. But I could run long distances without tiring. I would at least be able to keep him in my sight and know he was alive.

After several blocks of running directly into oncoming traffic, Kyle slowed his pace.

He took a sharp left. Standing next to a trash bin, Kyle bent over with his hands on his knees. I must have looked ridiculous. But his was not a look of fear. I saw his body relax. He did not attempt to run again. Kyle stood still and watched me approach. I had no idea what I was going to say or do, but I kept walking closer.

He opened his mouth to speak when a police car pulled up, abruptly filling the space between Kyle and me. The school principal and an officer got out. They spoke calmly to Kyle, who willingly climbed into the back of the vehicle. I couldn’t hear what was said, but I didn’t take my eyes off Kyle’s face, even as they drove away.

I couldn’t help but feel that I had failed him, that I should have done or said more, that I should have fixed the situation.

I shared my feelings with a speech therapist who was familiar with Kyle’s history. “No one ever ran after him before, Rachel,” she said. “No one. They just let him go.”

Things changed the day he ran and I ran after him, even though I didn’t have the right words, even though I wasn’t able to save him from the mess he was in. It was the day I didn’t throw my hands in the air and decide he was too fast, a waste of time and effort , a lost cause. It was the day my mere presence was enough to make a profound difference.

67. From the passage we know that _____.

A. the author left her family to Florida because jobs were hard to come by in Indiana

B. students were allowed to go out after they passed some specific tests

C. the author worked in a school where students were excellent

D. no teacher had ever run after Kyle before except the author

68. Which of the following description about Kyle is not true?

A. He had some behavioral difficulties and once moved from one detention to another.

B. He used to run out to let out his anger when he was in school, home or juvenile detention.

C. Different from his brothers, he learned in a special school while not a normal high school.

D. He was moved by his teacher who treated him with more patience and understanding.

69. Which is the correct order of the trace?

①He burst out when he knew he couldn’t go out. ②I decided to run after him.

③Kyle stopped beside a trash bin. ④A police car came and Kyle left with it. ⑤He rushed into the heavy morning traffic. ⑥Kyle slowed his pace.

⑦I walked toward Kyle.

A. ①⑤②⑥③⑦④ B. ①⑤②④⑥⑦③ C. ⑤④②⑥③⑦① D. ①②⑥⑦③④⑤

70. What is the best title of the passage?

A. Kyle, a Boy with Learning and Behavior Difficulties.

B. The Teacher Who Ran.

C. A School with Special Students.

D. A Terrible Conflict.

第Ⅱ卷 非选择题(共三节, 满分35分)

第一节 单词拼写 (共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

71. Then we both started shouting at each other and it turned into a horrible a____________.

72. We often think of greedy businessmen hiding from their r________ and only worrying about money.

73. Our government has promised to take m_______ to help the laid-off workers find new jobs.

74. The scientist was determined to make a great b__________ in scientific research.

75. The young dancer looked so pretty that we took large q_______ of pictures during her performance.

76. There have been a few ________(分歧) between the two parties.

77. When you draw money from the bank,you must show your ________(身份) card to the clerk.

78. He made up with his best friend by ___________(道歉) to him for his rude behavior.

79. All Chinese people have urgent desires to create an _________(环境) friendly society.

80. Getting enough protein and ________(营养) can help you grow up healthily.

第二节 完成句子 (共20空;每空0.5分,满分10分)

81. It’s important for a firm to ______ ______ ______ changes in the market.

对于一家公司来说,能跟上市场的变化是非常重要的。

82. I feel it is his parents who are _______ ______ for the spoiled child.

我觉得应该是家长为这个宠坏了的孩子负责。

83. Friendships between boys are ______ ______ shared activities or interests.

男孩之间的友谊以共同的活动或兴趣为基础。

84. Every man in this country has the right to live where he wants to, ____ of the color of his skin. 这个国家的每一个人都有权住在想住的地方,不管他的肤色如何。

85. It’s our duty to try to _______ ______ on pollution.

我们有责任努力减少污染。

86. Our supply of food is ________ ________ now. We’d better store some more.

我们的粮食供应快要吃完了。我们最好再多储备一些。

87. ________ his ________ in Beijing, he went to visit the Great Wall.

他一到北京就去参观长城。

88. I`m interested in insects, and beetles in_________.

我对昆虫尤其是甲虫感兴趣。

89. He decided to follow in his father's ________ and become a doctor.

他决定走父亲的路,当了一名医生。

90. We are all in _______ of doing our part to fight against air pollution.

我们都赞成尽我们的职责与空气污染作斗争。

91. When buying things from the online shopping mall, we should first ______ quality ______ _______.

我们在网上商城买东西时,我们应该首先考虑质量问题。

第三节 书面表达 (满分15分)

本周学校英语角的交流话题是“绿色食品”,请根据下面的要点提示,用英语写一篇发言稿,以参加会话交流。

绿色食品的优点:

1. 不含化肥(chemical fertilizers)

2.生长在干净清洁的环境中

3. 不用污染的水浇灌

4. 不含有毒的物质

5. 有利于身体健康

针对目前的状况提出建议或希望(至少两条):

注意:

1.词数:120 ~150;

2.可以适当发挥,以使上下文连贯通顺;

3.发言稿的开头已给出,不计人总词数。 Boys and girls, The topic of "green food" is becoming more and more interesting these years. Why is "green food" so popular?

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:江苏省徐州市王杰中学2016-2017学年高二上学期期中考试政治试题
  • 下一篇:江苏省徐州市王杰中学2016-2017学年高二上学期期中考试物理试题