专题训练2

专题训练二 选词填空题

1. George is a very(smart)boy, he is one of the best students in his class. 2. You have to work hard if you want to _________ ( succeed) in your courses. 3. ________ (Shortly) after you left, a girl came into our office looking for you. 4. At first, the course was a bit difficult for me but I ________( manage) to

pass the final exam with a fairly good grade. 5. Mary is my best friend and I always________( share) my secretswith her. 6. The lost traveler was filled with _________( fear) when he saw a

bearrunning toward him.

7. When you’re away from your family, you have to be________(responsible)

for yourself.

8. At first, he was afraid of being off by himself. Shortly,_________(however ),

he became used to living alone.

9. Children in China ________(enter)school at the age of 6 or 7 and must

study there for at least nine years. 10. The earth is _______ (surround) by air, which makes up its atmosphere. 11. If you can’t _______ (handle) the job, I’ll get someone else to do it. 12. 12. John was so________ (comfortable ) and warm in bed that he didn’t

want to get up.

13. You can ask him for advice but the final choice________ (is up to) you. 14. Everything is developing so quickly in today’s world that I am afraid I can’t

_______ (keep up with) all the changes.

15. The brave sailorsmanaged to keep their boat _______during (under control)

the storm.

16. If _______ (at first) you don’t succeed, try, try again. 17. Today young people from different countries can easily_________ (make

friends with) one another through email. 18. 18. Mark wanted to finish his homework in two hours, but it ________ (turn

out) to be harder than he thought. 19. Tom fell and broke his leg. ________ (As a result) , he would have to be

away from school for a month or two. 20. ________ (In addition), I have something else to do this weekend. 21. I sincerely thank you for your _________(invitation) to the Industrial

Exhibition.

22. Hurried _________( decisions ) are likely to be bad ones. 23. --- I passed the final examination! --- Congratulations. I think you

__________ ( study ) a lot before you took it. 24. The children stopped ___________ ( talking ) as the teacher came in. 25. Your manager will __________ ( assign ) you your work for today. 26. We spent two weeks ___________ (driving) in England last summer. 27. These new foreign students were welcomed __________ ( more warmly )

than they had expected.

28. That was the most __________( attractive) program they could think of. 2

29. I was _________ ( pleased) to have received your letter dated May 20th

last week.

30. She warned me that I would ___________ ( have) an accident if I didn’t take

more care.

31. As a young man, he has a strong__________( desire) for success. 32. The plan must remain_________ (secret) until next month. 33. On Memorial Day the American people _________ (honor) those soldiers

who died in wars. 34. My finger was ________ (injure) when I tried to collect the broken glass by

hand.

35. We were happy that her dream of marrying Fred finally became a

_______(reality). 36. My classmates all laughed when I ________ (imitate) our teacher. 37. The book says that modern music was first _________ (develop) in Italy. 38. The boy could earna little money by________ (deliver)newspapers. 39. Jane stayed home on Monday so that her cold would not ________ (spread)

to others in the office. 40. Your throatlooks ________ ( infected). I think you should take some

medicine. 41. Do you believe that God_________ (create) the world in six days? 42. It took us________ (nearly) two hours to get there.

43. It suddenly ________ (come to) me that I should have left a message on his

desk.

44. Please ________ (pick up) that piece of paper you’ve just dropped on the

floor.

45. I don’t think quarrels will ever _________ (lead to) any good results. 46. My friend agreed to _________ (take care of) my dog while I’m on vacation. 47. The students are planning a big party_________ (in honor of ) their

retiringteacher. 48. Human beings learned to________tools________ ( make sth. out of ) stones

thousands of years ago. 49. Don’t you think watching TV ________ (take up) too much of your time? 50. A team ________ (made up of) 15 doctors and 25 nurses was sent to the

flooded area. 51. He rushed ________ (dangerously)across the busy street to catch the bus. 52. We thought they had come to repair the phone ;but in_______(reality) they

were thieves. 53. Last night she told me that shewould_______ (go) to the United States next

week.

54. I am sorry to learn that you have made no_________(improvement) on the

design at all.

55. Any increase in the cost of transporting goods will be passed on to the

_________ (consumer)

56. This medicine is _________(poisonous) if taken in large quantities. 57. A new hospital _________(build)in our hometown now. 58. He talked as if he _________(do) all the work himself ,but in fact Tom

and I did most of it. 59. The chairman said, The plan _________(being discussed) now must be kept

as a secret.

60. If the medicine ________(take) in time ,it will be quite effective. 61. My uncle said he would(stay) _______here for another two weeks. 62. All the windows of the dining-hall must(be painted) ________white by this

Friday.

63. Now that you’re 16years old, you should have more sense of (responsibility)

______.

64. The students made a list of their (complaints) _______about school meals. 65. Try to (judge) ________the distance from here to that car. 66. I’ll consider (see) ________the manager at the office this afternoon ,but I’m

not sure if I have the time . 67. If no one has any (objection)________,I’ll declare the meeting closed . 68. George’s father was angry when he knew the young tree (cut)

________down. 69. The machine does not seem to work properly.I think it needs

(repairing)_____.

70. You can’t take away these magazines (belonging)________to our school

library .

71. The heavy snow didn't stop us from (go) . 72. The chairman emphasized his ideas by speaking more(loudly)____. 73. She told us such (funny ) stories about their holiday. 74. The more storybooks I give the children, the (happier) they are. 75. I ( believe) that Tom will pass his examination. 76. The government must raise the living standard of the people as soon as

( possible) .

77. He tried his best to make the machine (work) properly. 78. They stopped (search)____for the missing plane as the weather was very

rough.

79. What he said made his mother much (angry) . 80. I think her headaches are caused by (stress) . 81. If no one answers at the front door, why not try (knock)______ at the back

door?

82. Please don’t forget to (get)______ this camera repaired, for there is

something wrong with it. 83. Generally (speaking) _____________, this book is not very difficult for the

junior students. 84. Movies give (delight) ________ to millions of people. 85. We are going to (bathe)________ in the river near our village.

86. The new dictionary, which was bought yesterday, (send) ____ to him as a

gift before his birthday.

87. If the sea were to rise 500 feet, India would (become) _______ an island. 88. There has been a large(growth)____of light industries during these years. 89. This country’s (wealth)________ comes from its oil. 90. The manager asked the secretary to (shorten)____the report to about

1,000words.

91. Living in the country is less(expensive)____than living in the city. 92. It’s my ( belief )_______ that her death was not an accident. 93. He was in great (pain) ___________after he broke his arm. 94. The children from the U.S. got used to(eat)____Chinese food quite soon. 95. Food prices(raise)____so rapidly in the past few months that some families

have been forced to change their eating habits. 96. If the medicine (take)_____in time,it will be quite effective. 97. Does he have enough (strength) __________ to lift these weights? 98. The boss has promised a wage increase for all the (employees)____. 99. In the (following)____________ weeks, the six blind men kept on

quarrelling about the elephant.

100. I advise you ( to think)_________ twice before deciding to accept the

position in this company.

101. These pills should (keep)____out of the reach of children. 102. The little girl is (nervous ) __________ about staying alone at night.

103. He told a very ( lively)____story about his life in Africa. 104. (Influenced)________ by Lei Feng’s example, the students performed a

lot of good deeds. 105. I f I hadn't driven the car so fast yesterday,I(avoid)____the accident. 106. Don’t ( blame)__________ me if it doesn’t work ― it’s not my fault. 107. The American speaks Chinese so fluently as if he (be) ___________

Chinese?

108. Mary had made up her mind to go and what I said to her didn't make

any(difference)_____. 109. We were all (astonished ) ___________ by the news that he had killed

himself.

110. It was a (sad) ____________ day for our team when we lost the final. 111. I need some time to (reflect)______on what has just happened. 112. He has a (reason)______to hate her because she is responsible for him

losing his job.

113. I wish you would mind your own (business) _______. 114. When I was a child, my parents always told me that hard work is the

only (path) ______to success. 115. Thank you for (remind)______me that someone is waiting for me in the

office.

116. People like this film because it is about their (everyday)______life. 117. I (forgive)____you this time,but please don't let it happen again.

118. She (tend)_________to spend too much time playing computer games. 119. I am (grateful)_______to my parents for all that they have done for me. 120. I can't (judge)_______whether he was right or wrong, so I have to ask

someone else.

121. I was filled with (pride)_______after I achieved great success through

hard work.

122. He (greet)________me in the street with a friendly wave of the hand. 123. He didin't speak for long, but everything he said was(to the

point)________.

124. With no one taking care of him, the boy had to (be on one'd

own)________after his father's death.

125. When I (look back)_______, I still remember my high-school days which

were among the happiest in my life.

126. He is welcome everywhere, for he is ready to (give a hand)________to

anyone in need.

127. The monitor is ( in charge)________when the teacher leaves the

classroom.

128. Bob knew that one day he would (be caught up in) ________the war,like

all his friends.

129. Many people in the world have more than enough to eat, but many

others often (go hungry)________.

130. This was given to me as a present (on the occasion of)________my

graduation from high school. 131. Those buildings are so tall that they seem to(touch)_______the sky. 132. We need someone with (energy)_______and enthusiasm to do this job. 133. He was driving at a (speed)_______of 90 miles per hour on his way

home.

134. Of course he is our landlord;he owns the (entire)_______building. 135. Is there anything (special)________that you 'd like to do this

afternoon,Peter? 136. China's GDP(increase)_______by 11.4 percent in 2007. 137. Believe it or not,our foreign teacher is quite (skilled)_______at

cooking Chinese dishes. 138. She seems so quiet,but (actually) _______she likes to talk. 139. This word has four (separate)________meanings. 140. You are (require)________by law to stop your car after an accident. 141. What's your (secret)_______for looking so young? 142. I go to sleep on my back but I always wake up in a

different(position)_______. 143. She was running (up and down) ______outside her house,shouting for

help.

144. The noise from the next door (keep from) _______me ______sleeping

last night.

145. The disease is more commonly ( known as)_____mad cow disease. 146. He is having (quite a bit of ) ______trouble with his car,isn't he? 147. The little girl had to hold onto the railings to (keep one's balance) ____. 148. I prefer to live near my work (rather than) _______spend a lot of time

travelling every day. 149. I used to (think of…as) ____him _______someone who would always

help me, but I was wrong. 150. In my family my parents are like our friends, so we (feel free)______ to

ask them any questions.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:江苏省淮安市洪泽县新区中学八年级英语上册 Unit 1 Friends Gram
  • 下一篇:福州2013年初三质量检查英语试卷及答案