文澜中学2010学年第一学期初二英语试卷

文澜中学2010学年第一学期初二英语试卷

命题人:杨志琴 审题人:朱蕾

听力部分25分

一、听小对话回答问题(共5小题,计5分)

听下面五段小对话,每段对话后有一个小题,从A, B, C三个选项中选出最佳选项。现在,你有10秒钟的时间阅读这五题。

1. How often does the man exercise now?

A. Every day.B. Twice a week.C. Three times a week.

2. What is the woman going to do?

A. She is going to a party.

B. She is going to wear a new dress.

C. She is going to buy a new dress

3. How does Tony usually go to school?

A. By car.B. On foot.C. By bus.

4. Where are the two speakers now?

A. On the 1st floor.B. On the 4th floor. C. On the 5th floor.

5. Who is the heaviest?

A. Tom.B. Sam.C. Peter.

二、听较长对话,回答问题(共5题, 计10分)

听下面两段较长对话。每段对话后有几个小题, 从题中所给的A, B, C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话前, 你有10秒钟时间阅读各个小题。每段对话读两遍.

听第一个对话, 回答6,7两个小题。

6. How long does the woman work in the company?

A. Eighteen years. B. Eight years. C. Eighteen months.

7. Why doesn’t the woman want to work in some other companies?

A. Because she can make much money.

B. Because the company is near her home.

C. Because her workmates are very friendly.

听第二个对话, 回答8,9,10 三个小题。

8. What is the man doing tonight?

A. He is studying for a test.

B. He is watching an NBA basketball game.

C. He is watching TV.

9. What does the man think of the exam?

A. It’s easy.B. It’s difficult.C. It’s not important.

10. What will the woman do tonight if she wants to pass the exam?

A. She will watch TV. B. She will surf on the internet. C. She will study for the exam.

三、听独白,回答问题。(共5题, 计10分)

听下面一段独白,并按要求在试卷上完成任务,你可以边听边完成任务。然后你会看到5个问题和相关的选项。请从A, B, C三个选项中选出最佳答案。听独白前,你有25秒钟的时间来阅读有关材料和五个小题。独白连读两遍。

11. Why will they have to start early tomorrow?

A. Because it's a long way to Chester.

B. Because there's only one bus to go to Chester.

C. Because they will have an early breakfast.

12. When will the bus leave?

A. Before 8:30.B. At 8:30. C. After 8:30.

13. Where is the first place they will visit?

A. An old palace. B. A beautiful park. C. An old market.

14. How much should one pay for the palace?

A.£3.25.B.£3.50. C.£8.00.

15. What's the speaker's mobile phone number?

A. 07662-292569.B. 02776-922659. C. 07762-922569.

笔试部分(共75分)

四、单项填空,选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。(15小题,计15分)

16. ----It’s

----Yes, what fine weather!

A. a; a B. the; the C. a; / D. the; /

17. ---Do you twins look _______as many other twins do?

—No. We look quite different.

A. like B. differentC. the sameD. as same

18. The underlined part in the word “liv

A. /t/ B./d/ C./id/ D./it/

19.—Can you be here on time?

--____________. But I’m not sure.

A. I must be. B., Maybe I can. C. I can. D. I may be.

20. ----Does Liu Hua ever guess the meaning of English words?

----He ________ guesses the meaning of new words. He uses his dictionary all the time.

A. usually B. always C. never D. sometimes

21. ----How are you feeling now?

----I’m afraid I’m feeling even ________. I must go to see the doctor.

A. worse B. better C. well D. bad

22. ______students like the film. It’s boring.

A. A fewB. Few C. A little D. Little

23.---How long does it ______you to get from home to school by bike?

---25 minutes.

A. use B. take C. spend D. pay

24.---How do you like the movie “The Spy of the Palace”?

----________________.

A. It’s long and a bit boring. B. Yes, I like it very much

C. I saw it last week D. I saw it twice

25. ----I’m going to Hawaii for my summer vacation.

----Sounds cool. _______ are you going away?

----Sometime in December.

A. WhenB. How long C. How often D. How soon

26. ----Bob, can you answer the door?

----Sorry! Mum. You see, I _________a bath!

A. am taking B. take C. have to take D. took

27.—I don’t like the glasses. Would you please show me ___________?

--Sure. Here you are.

A. the other one. B. another one C. the others D. another pair

28.—Is there ___________ in today’s newspaper?

--Oh, no.

A. interesting something B. something interesting

C. anything interesting D. interesting anything

29.—Why do you look so tired?

--Oh, I _________ to bed _________ 12 o’clock last night.

A. don’t go, after B. didn’t go; until C. went, until D. didn’t go when

30. ----Can I take my little pet to your party on Wednesday?

----________. It’s a big business party. Your pet will be bored soon.

A. Sure, I’d love to B. Sorry, I can’t C. Sure, you can. D. I’m afraid you can’t

五、完形填空(共20小题,计20分)

通读下列短文,掌握其大意,然后在各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。

A

How can you think in English? I think the best way is to practice as what a football player does every day. During the in. So he won’t have to passing the ball in the game, he will just do it.

yourself to think in English this way. The first step is to think of the words that you use daily, simple everyday words or shoe or tree. For example, whenever a “book” you should think of it in English instead of in your mother language.

After you learned to think of several ___36__ in English, then move on to the next step---thinking in sentences(句子). Listening and repeating is a very useful you fully understand what you’re hearing. Try to repeat what you hear. The more you listen, thereach a higher level, having conversations with yourself in English. This will lead you to think in English.

31. A. practice 32. A. wait for 33. A. allow 34. A. in 35. A. buy 36. A. words 37. A. idea 38. A. which 39. A. harder 40. A. remember B. break B. think about B. train B. about B. keep B. passages B. step B. if B. less B. stop

C. game C. look at C. tell C. like C. borrow C. lessons C. way C. how C. later C. start

B

D. day D. give up D. ask D. from D. see D. classes D. pan D. why D. more D. finish

Americans like honesty. They often say exactly what they think, even if it seems rude. Don't be afraid of telling your friends what you think or _____41____about something. For example, most Americans would like that you say, “I’m sorry, _______42_____ I can’t come to visit you tonight because I have to study.” They don’t want to hear that you will come and then not visit.

Also, Americans will often have many friends but _____43____ close friends. While an American may seem friendly when you first meet, he or she may not be interested in a deeper relationship. But please don’t be discouraged(气馁的). In most cases(情形), you will find at least one American interested in a ____44______friendship.

If you would like to have a friendship _____45_____ an American, you can contact (联系 )ISI. ISI is a campus(校园) friendship organization. ____46_____ helps international students studying here in the United States.

Through ISI’s Friendship Partner program, international students and families are connected(与……有联系)with American______47______. American Friendship Partners _____48____their international friends and families to meals or special events. Their home may become “a home away from home” for an international student. A Friendship Partner would be ____49_____to answer your questions about the United States, help you find a place to live, _____50_____ you around the community(社区), and even help you with spoken English. 41. A. feel B. touch C. smell D. sound 42. A. but B. and C. so D. for 43. A. a fewB. little C. few D. a little 44. A. higherB. deeper C. wider D. longer 45. A. of B. with C. for D. about 46. A. One B. Which C. It D. Where 47. A. workers B. families C. schools D. farms 48. A. put B. order C. invite D. need 49. A. sorry B. sad C. difficult D. glad 50. A. show

B. take

C. bring

D. walk

六、阅读理解(共15小题,计15分)

阅读下列短文,并做每篇短文后的题目。从四个选项中选出能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳答案。

A

Is living with your classmates good or bad? Listen to what students and teachers say.

Shen Xinbai: living with our classmates is good for us. We can make more friends and do fun things together. What’s more, we won’t watch as much TV as we do at home.

Gu Xuan: I’d like to live with my parents. When I have problems, I can get help from them, and I’ll never be lonely or

unhappy.

Chen Rujian: I want to live at school. That could help me in many ways. It would give me a stronger heart. I would also have more chances(机会) to decide things by myself. Living at school can help us get ready for future life outside school. Xia Mingyuan: It’s a good idea to live at school. Students can learn how to take care of themselves. I’d like to learn to wash clothes by myself.

Xue Wenjia: If four or six people live in one room, there could be a lot of problems. I can’ I’d like to stay at home and sleep well at night.

Zhu Ping: at some schools, students living there have more chances to learn and do fun things. But at other schools, students can’t go out of the school freely. So it’s important to choose a good school. Teachers should always be ready to help students and make them feel at home.

51.From the above text we can see that_______ students agree to live in school.

A. one B. twoC. three D. four

52.The good sides of living in school are that__________.

A. you can’t watch TV there B. you can learn how to be with others

C. you can wash your own clothes D. you can do your homework

53. Xue Wenjia doesn’t want to live in school because________.

A. he wants to stay with his parents B. he has to follow the school rules

C. he wants to get help from his parents. D. he wants to sleep well at home.

54. From what Mr Zhu said, we can learn that_________.

A. living in school might be good to the students

B. he doesn’t want his students to live in school

C. he thinks it important for the students to go out of school freely

D. living at home can help the students a lot

55. The word “snore” means__________.

A. 打鼾 B.夜聊 C.打喷嚏 D.梦游

B

Do you enjoy reading? Here readers of your age from all over the United States recommend (推荐) great books for you My favorite book is Don’t Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel. I love all her books, but this was the first one I read and other books, and I cried while reading.

I think Nancy Drew is great! Nancy is a detective (侦探) who has many great ideas! I love it because it’s a book from

I highly recommend Skinny Bones by Barbara Park. It is funny so please add it on your book list. You don’t want to !

I would suggest ______ by Judy Blume. It is based on real things that took place to Judy Blume. It is about a girl, Alice. She meets some girls at a new state. They become friends, make a club and meet once a week. They stop after two weeks because they all like a boy in their class and put him as number one. I think every girl should read this because it is I read a book called Neela: Victory Song and it was so good I read it twice! It takes place in India in 1936 and this The author’s name is Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.

56. According to the reader, Skinny Bones can be a ________ story.

A. sad B. history C. funny D. detective

57. From which book can we learn different cultures?

A. Skinny Bones.B. Nancy Drew. C. Don’t Die, My Love. D. Neela: Victory Song.

58. Who may be an Indian writer?

A. Judy Blume. B. Barbara Park.

C. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. D. Lurlene McDaniel.

59. The best name of the 4th book is ________.

A. My Secret B. Growing Trouble C. Three Friends D. Alice Learns a Lesson

60. Which is TRUE about Nancy Drew?

A. It doesn’t have a usual ending like other books.

B. It’s based on real things of the author.

C. It’s about a12-year-old girl. She tries to save her father.

D. Both the reader and the reader’s grandma love this book.

C

Why do plants grow in some places and not in others? Why does some land have so much growing on it, while other land has almost no plants growing on it at all?

To grow, plants need several things. One is warmth. In very cold places almost nothing grows. Plants also need water. In very dry parts of the Earth only a few unusual plants can grow. That's why dry deserts everywhere are almost not covered by trees or grass.

Plants must also have a place in which to put down their roots and grow. They find it difficult to grow on hard land. The town is built on hard land. The plants here have only the soil found between the cracks of the stones to grow in.

Another thing plants must have before they can grow is food.

What will happen if we try to make things grow on the sandy beach? A few plants, such as beach grass, will grow in sand, but most plants won't. Even if the weather is warm enough and we water the plants each day, many of them will die because the sand on this beach has almost no food for plants.

61. According to the passage, plants need ______ things to grow well.

A. two B. three C. four D. five

62 What does the underlined word "cracks" mean in the text?

A. 缝隙 B.表面 C. 夹层D. 底部

63. From the passage, we can know it is for plants to grow in dry places.

A. easy B. difficult C. impossible D. important

64. The reason why most plants can't grow on the sandy beach is that _______.

A. there isn't enough sunlight B. there is too much water

C. it is too crowded thereD. it has little food for plants

65. The passage can most probably be found in a ______book.

A. science B. history C. travel D. math

七、单词拼写。(共15小题,计15分)

66. He is l_______ for Beijing tomorrow, because there is an important meeting for him.

67. Please don’t eat sweets before you go to bed. It’s bad for your t__________.

68. The Mid-Autumn Day is a t_______ Chinese festival, and on that day people usually eat mooncakes.

69. Now more and more teachers surf the internet to get the i________ for their lessons.

70. I feel very t_______. Could you give me a glass of water?

71. T_________ it was very cold, he still swam in the lake.

72. Whether we will go hiking or not d________ on the weather.

73. Harbin is in the n________ of China and it is called the Ice City.

74. The man is always s_______ about what others say, so you’d better not make jokes.

75. Traveling by plane is much s________ than by bus, because there are more traffic accidents on the road.

76. What’s the ________ between Chinese food and Indian food, do you know?(不同)

77. It’s ________ to exercise every day, especially for us teenagers.(必要)

78. My home is not far from my school. It’s only about ten ______ walk (分钟)

79. Everybody should have a balanced diet to stay _________. (健康)

80. If you want to be thinner, you should eat ________ meat. (少)

八、词语填空(共10小题,计10分)

用方框中所给单词的适当形式填空,使短文通顺、正确、连贯(每个单词限用一次)。

cup, good, coffee, stress, forget, but, will, like, one, here

Years later, a group of students came back to visit their old teacher. When they were talking, all of them said that they were ____81___ out in work and in life.

After hearing this, the teacher went to the kitchen and came back with a large coffee and different ___82_____-----some nice-looking, but some plain-looking; some expensive but some cheap. The teacher kindly told them to help themselves to the ___83_____.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the teacher said, “Look __84___, you took away all the nice-looking and expensive cups. Only the plain and cheap ____85____were left behind. You just want the _____86____ for yourselves and that’s the source (根源)of your stress. In fact the coffee in every cup tastes the same and the cup itself ___87____ make the coffee taste better. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, ___88____ you went for the best cups.”

Life is just like the coffee. Jobs and money are ___89____ the cups. They are just something to hold life and they can’t change the quality(品质)of life. You’ll ___90____ to enjoy the coffee if you care too much about the cup!

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:2017届人教版中考复习考点解析八年级上册分类
  • 下一篇:开发区第一次月考科学试题