北京中医药大学远程教育学院 英语1 作业1-5 汇总版

北京中医药大学远程教育学院

英语1 作业1-5总结版

A型题:

1. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I never dream of there to be a chance for me to be sent abroad.

B.to be

2. Louis was asked to clean the classroom ______. C.all by herself

3. All hope of finding the missing ship was ______ and the search abandoned. B.given up

4. ______ he arrived, he was told to start back again. C.As soon as

5. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jim spent his vacation going to Mexico, flying to Hawaii and he visited Canada. D.he visited Canada

6. Identify the errors in the following sentence:While playing football, Tom's leg was broken in a bad fall.

A.While playing

7. John ______ the invitation because he was too busy. A.was dissuaded from accepting

8. The teacher asked them to ______ the selected material after class. A.go over

9. It is a good habit to look ______ new words in a dictionary. A.up

10. The atomic weight of helium is ______ that of hydrogen. D.four times heavier than

11. Could you ______ my application form before I send it?B.look over

12. The offices on the second floor are ______ by a firm B.occupied

13. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Most people know to have their blood pressure taken but few understand what the numbers that are used to record blood pressure mean.B.to have

14. Television keeps us informed about ______events and the latest developments in science and politics.

A.current

15. With the population explosion, scientists will have to ______new methods of increasing the world’s food supply. C.come up with

16. The airplane arrived one hour behind ______. D.schedule

17. You must make ______ of any opportunities you have of practicing oral English. B.use

18. We will carry out the plan ______ he has any objections. D.unless

19. Geography is Linda's favorite ______ at school. C.subject

20. Identify the errors in the following sentence:His friends in the village asked him to write them as soon as one could.D.one could

21. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Of the two lectures, the first was by far the best one, partly because the person who delivered it had such a pleasant voice. B.the best

22. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I can’t help to think it would be fun to play such an exciting game with them.

A.to think

23. The new law will ______ the workers to get extra pay from their companies.

C.enable

24. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was very late to save the drowning boy as he had gone down for the third time.

A.very late

25. You had better make ______ that she is at home before you call on her.

D.sure

26. George was not aware ______ her presence till she spoke to him.

D.of

27. Identify the errors in the following sentence:My ninety-years-old grandmother was going to visit my family during the Christmas season.

A.ninety-years-old

28. Identify the errors in the following sentence:If that is case, you will have to work harder. B.case

29. Be sure to ______ your work at the end of the exam.

A.ook over

30. Identify the errors in the following sentence:She wanted to visit the city so much that nothing could dissuade him to do so.

D.to do so

31. Wheel A turns ______ wheel B

C.five times as fast as

32. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The scientist thinks it necessary that all the inventions of mankind must be used for good.

C.must

33. The baby smiled ______ he understood what mother said.

C.as if

34. Our teacher asked us to ______ the blanks with the appropriate words.

D.fill in

35. ______ this road until you get to the church; then turn left.

C.Follow

36. Identify the errors in the following sentence:John said his mother would buy him a five-speeds racing bicycle for his sixteenth birthday.

B.five-speeds

37. If you ______your name and address on the card, we’ll send the book to you as soon as it is returned.

B.fill in

38. Children should be taught to ______ their toys ______ others. C.share ... With

39. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Unable to settle their disagreement at the meeting, the committee was going to put off the discussion until the next day. B.was

40. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Although the town has been attacked by the storm several times, few damages was done.

C.few damages

41. Her arrival ______ us, for she was not expected until the next day.

B.surprised

42. An average student should know that he needs to spend more time______ so that ______ a top student.

C.studying ... he will be

43. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Even if we had known the subject enough well, he insisted on explaining to us again.

B.enough well

44. It was not a serious accident; the car needs only some ______repairs.

C.minor

45. One of his many faults is that he never ______ anything very long.

B.sticks to

46. There was more than ______rain and snow last year, so many parts of the country have been flooded this spring.

D.adequate

47. They ______ for the West in a covered wagon.

A.set off

48. Rain does not ______bring down the temperature.

C.necessarily

49. The British troops ______ 500 miles a day by car.

B.covered

50. Identify the errors in the following sentence:By reading the directions carefully, some mistakes in the examination cold have been avoided.

A.By reading

51. China succeeded _____ launching its first man-made satellite in 1970.

B.in

52. We must depend mainly ______ our own efforts in accomplishing the task.

A.on

53. Identify the errors in the following sentence: Because the excessively high cost, they gave up the project to build a bridge over the river.

A.Because

54. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The salad tasted so well that my brother returned to the salad bar for another helping.

A.so well

55. She missed the plane, ______ driving very fast to the airport.

D.in spite of

56. Since he was a boy, one of his ______ has been stamp-collecting.

A.hobbies

57. It was on that ______ day that she left the country.

B.very

58. If you work hard______, you won’t have to sit up all night before the exam. B.at other times

59. To the citizens of the United States, the bald eagle symbolizes strength ______ freedom.A.as well as

60. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The director felt badly about not giving Mary the position that she had applied for.

A.badly

A型题: 1. Identify the errors in the following sentence:If that is case, you will have to work harder. A.is

2. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Even if we had known the subject enough well, he insisted on explaining to us again. A.Even if 3. The British troops ______ 500 miles a day by car. A.took 4. She missed the plane, ______ driving very fast to the airport. A.according to

5. Identify the errors in the following sentence:She wanted to visit the city so much that nothing could dissuade him to do so. A.to visit 6. The baby smiled ______ he understood what mother said. A.as for 7. Geography is Linda's favorite ______ at school. A.matter

8. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Of the two lectures, the first was by far the best one, partly because the person who delivered it had such a pleasant voice. B.objectC.subjectD.substance B.as howC.as ifD.as far as B.so muchC.thatD.to do so B.because ofC.despite ofD.in spite of B.coveredC.cameD.passed B.enough wellC.insistedD.on B.caseC.have toD.harder

A.the first B.the bestC.itD.such a

9. They ______ for the West in a covered wagon. A.set off 10. You had better make ______ that she is at home before you call on her. A.secure 11. Wheel A turns ______ wheel B

A.as fast as five

times

times fast as

12. John ______ the invitation because he was too busy. A.was dissuaded from accepting

accept

13. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was very late to save the drowning boy as he had gone down for the third time. A.very late 14. Our teacher asked us to ______ the blanks with the appropriate words. A.fill up 15. Louis was asked to clean the classroom ______. A.of herself 16. To the citizens of the United States, the bald eagle symbolizes strength ______ freedom. A.as well as 17. We will carry out the plan ______ he has any objections. A.ifB.untilC.beforeD.unless B.orC.alsoD.both B.by her willC.all by herselfD.with one hand B.fill withC.fill intoD.fill in B.drowning boyC.gone downD.third time D.dissuaded accepting B.dissuaded to acceptC.was dissuaded to B.as five times as fastC.five times as fast asD.as five B.assureC.safeD.sure B.set toC.set asideD.set up

18. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I never dream of there to be a chance for me to be sent abroad. A.dream of 19. It is a good habit to look ______ new words in a dictionary. A.up

20. Identify the errors in the following sentence:His friends in the village asked him to write them as soon as one could. A.in the village

21. If you work hard______, you won’t have to sit up all night before the exam.

A.by yourself 22. It was not a serious accident; the car needs only some ______repairs. A.major 23. The teacher asked them to ______ the selected material after class. A.go over

24. An average student should know that he needs to spend more time______ so that ______ a top student.

A.studying ... he is

he will be

25. If you ______your name and address on the card, we’ll send the book to you as soon as it is returned. A.go over

26. There was more than ______rain and snow last year, so many parts of the country have been flooded this spring. A.extraB.efficientC.permanentD.adequate B.fill inC.find outD.carry out B.to study ... he

isC.studying ... he will

beD.to study ... B.take outC.skim onD.examine with B.secondaryC.minorD.primary B.at other timesC.willinglyD.with some help B.to writeC.themD.one could B.overC.intoD.on B.to beC.for meD.abroad

27. Since he was a boy, one of his ______ has been stamp-collecting. A.hobbies 28. One of his many faults is that he never ______ anything very long. A.decides on

29. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The director felt badly about not giving Mary the position that she had applied for. A.badly 30. Rain does not ______bring down the temperature. A.certainly 31. ______ this road until you get to the church; then turn left. A.Keep

32. Identify the errors in the following sentence:My ninety-years-old grandmother was going to visit my family during the Christmas season. A.ninety-years-old 33. The airplane arrived one hour behind ______. A.timetable

34. Television keeps us informed about ______events and the latest developments in science and politics. A.current

35. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Unable to settle their disagreement at the meeting, the committee was going to put off the discussion until the next day. A.Unable

36. With the population explosion, scientists will have to ______new methods of increasing the B.wasC.untilD.he next day B.fashionableC.brand –newD.previous B.planC.dateD.schedule B.to visitC.duringD.season B.ChangeC.FollowD.Lead B.undoubtedlyC.necessarilyD.completely B.not givingC.thatD.applied for B.sticks toC.goes overD.makes sure B.proposalsC.customsD.adventures

world’s food supply. A.lead to 37. It was on that ______ day that she left the country. A.only

38. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The salad tasted so well that my brother returned to the salad bar for another helping. A.so well 39. The new law will ______ the workers to get extra pay from their companies. A.relieve 40. China succeeded _____ launching its first man-made satellite in 1970. A.on

41. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I can’t help to think it would be fun to play such an exciting game with them. A.to think 42. Children should be taught to ______ their toys ______ others.

A.give ... into

43. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jim spent his vacation going to Mexico, flying to Hawaii and he visited Canada. A.spent 44. The offices on the second floor are ______ by a firm A.lodged 45. Could you ______ my application form before I send it? A.find forB.look overC.hold upD.stick to B.occupiedC.exhibitedD.exploited B.his vacationC.flying to HawaiiD.he visited Canada B.make ... inC.share ... withD.work ... for B.would beC.to playD.an exciting B.inC.forD.with B.occupyC.enableD.bring B.returnedC.to the salad barD.another helping B.veryC.suchD.just B.carry outC.come up withD.stick to

46. Identify the errors in the following sentence:The scientist thinks it necessary that all the inventions of mankind must be used for good. A.thinks it

47. Identify the errors in the following sentence: Because the excessively high cost, they gave up the project to build a bridge over the river. A.Because 48. Her arrival ______ us, for she was not expected until the next day. A.cheated 49. You must make ______ of any opportunities you have of practicing oral English. A.means 50. All hope of finding the missing ship was ______ and the search abandoned. A.given on 51. We must depend mainly ______ our own efforts in accomplishing the task. A.on

52. Identify the errors in the following sentence:John said his mother would buy him a five-speeds racing bicycle for his sixteenth birthday.

A.would buy him 53. ______ he arrived, he was told to start back again. A.As far as

54. Identify the errors in the following sentence:While playing football, Tom's leg was broken in a bad fall.

A.While playing

55. George was not aware ______ her presence till she spoke to him. B.Tom'sC.brokenD.in a bad fall B.As long asC.As soon asD.As well as B.five-speedsC.forD.sixteenth birthday B.intoC.fromD.to B.given upC.given offD.given away B.useC.senseD.usage B.surprisedC.suspectedD.advised B.excessivelyC.gave upD.over B.mankindC.mustD.for good

A.in B.withC.toD.of

56. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Although the town has been attacked by the storm several times, few damages was done. A.attacked

57. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Most people know to have their blood pressure taken but few understand what the numbers that are used to record blood pressure mean.

A.Most people 58. Be sure to ______ your work at the end of the exam. A.ook over 59. The atomic weight of helium is ______ that of hydrogen.

A.heavier four times than

heavier

60. Identify the errors in the following sentence:By reading the directions carefully, some mistakes in the examination cold have been avoided. A.By reading

A型题:

9. _____ Christmas Eve, the street was filled with festival circumstances. C.On _____ the end of the meeting ______ he had made a serious mistake. C.Not until ... did the chairman find _____ to have lunch with us today? C.Would you like _____ two empty bottles was found. A.Nothing but ______ at the meeting that everyone present was convinced.B.So forcefully did he speak ______ he arrived, he was told to start back again. C.As soon as ______ this road until you get to the church; then turn left. C.Follow ______ we would not have succeeded in our experiment. C.If you had not helped us ______ you need help, please let me know at once. D.If B.carefullyC.in the examinationD.cold have been avoided B.four time heavier thanC.than four times B.hang upC.set asideD.catch sight of B.to haveC.the numbersD.that are used B.byC.few damagesD.done D.four times heavier than

10. ______ your help, we could not have done our research so successfully. A.Without

11. ______, you must show your ticket to go into the cinema. B.Whoever you are

12. ______that the left side of the human brain is responsible for logic. C.It is generously

believed

13. _____his wealth, he is not happy. B.In spite of

14. A log ______ his foot. A.fell upon

15. All her doubts (vanished) after she read the letter from Jimmy. B.disappeared

16. All hope of finding the missing ship was ______ and the search abandoned. B.given up

17. An average student should know that he needs to spend more time______ so that ______ a top

student. C.studying ... he will be

18. Are you (positive) that the boy you saw in the hotel corridor was Peter? C.sure

19. Are you keeping ______ with me, or am I reading too fast? C.up

20. (As long as) you keep trying, you’ll certainly succeed. D.If

21. At the age of four, the outstanding champion of the World Cup Athlete Tournament could stand

there ______ to A.silently

22. Be sure to ______ your work at the end of the exam. A.ook over

23. Betty moved from the dormitory______ the noise. A.because of

24. Betty was (nervous) whenever she saw her history teacher. D.tense

25. Bob’s doctor suggests______ for a few days. D.that he rest

26. Can you _____ for me at the meeting? D.take place

27. Chichester (endures) all kinds of hardships in solo sailing round the world. A.suffered

28. Children are always longing ___ Christmas because they can be presented with a lot of gifts

under the Chr C.for

29. Children should be taught to ______ their toys ______ others. C.share ... with

30. China succeeded _____ launching its first man-made satellite in 1970. B.in

31. Could you ______ my application form before I send it? B.look over

32. Do you think that these new methods will _____? C.work

33. Don't ______ while others are speaking. B.break in

34. During the past few months, the young girl has shown great ______ as a good dancer.

B.potential

35. Geography is Linda's favorite ______ at school. C.subject

36. George was not aware ______ her presence till she spoke to him. D.of

37. Give my ______ to your wife. B.compliments

38. He ______ a bus slowing down before the stop. C.caught sight of

39. He asked me ______ the film. B.if I had seen

40. He felt rather______as he was the only person who wore sportswear at the dinner party.

D.out of the place

41. He has ______ many miles on his bicycle. B.covered

42. He has difficulty keeping up ______ the rest of the class. B.with

43. He has done much to increase the ______ of English teaching in this country. B.efficiency

44. He has no other interests ______ he is fond of collecting stamps. C.except that

45. He held himself ______ for fear of saying something he would regret. D.in

46. He is confused about my advice and can ______ decide on what to do. C.barely

47. He left most of his money to his sons, and his daughter only received a ______ share of his

wealth. C.minor

48. He mistook me ______ my sister from my receding figure in darkness A.for

49. He ought to have handed in the paper yesterday. That’s what he______. C.should have done

50. He said he really couldn't ______ to offend such people in those days. D.afford

51. He was ______ young ______ you must excuse him. A.such ...that

52. He was a _____ writer. A.productive

53. He was awarded a ______ for the protection of environment. D.medal

54. Her arrival ______ us, for she was not expected until the next day. B.surprised

55. His father is a renowned businessman ______. B.or something

56. His mother helped him select the pop music ______ his taste as his birthday gift. C.to

57. His teacher's blame really ______ him. He burst into crying. C.hurt

58. How we______ a chance to visit your great country! B.longed for

59. I ___ to be charged with stealing his watch. B.was wronged

60. I answered the letter (immediately). A.at once

61. I couldn’t understand why he pretended______ in the bookstore. B.not to see me

62. I don't like the way ______ you laughed at her. B.that

63. I don't think ______ he believed my reason because he had turned a deaf ear to me. D.for

a moment

64. I heard a ______ noise last night. B.curious

65. I hired a boat ______ I could go fishing. C.so that

66. I like to get up early so that I can get plenty of work _____before lunch. A.done

67. I received a ______parcel yesterday and I am still wondering who may have sent it.

D.mysterious

68. I remember ______ the book to you the other day when I met you on my way to the library.

A.returning

69. I suggest that you (review) these lessons before you take the final exam. B.go over

70. I’ll have a cup of coffee and ______. D.two pieces of bread

71. I’m ______ for news about them. C.eager

72. Identify the errors in the following sentence: Because the excessively high cost, they gave

up the project to build a. A.Because

73. Identify the errors in the following sentence:"Excuse me," he said, with more dignity than

I would thought of possible B.thought of

74. Identify the errors in the following sentence:1. She did nothing but to complain the whole

time she was here. C.complain

75. Identify the errors in the following sentence:2. He looked out of the window and delighted

to see his faithful friend B.delighted to

76. Identify the errors in the following sentence:3. She told me what she wanted most then was

some food to eat and a room to. D.to live

77. Identify the errors in the following sentence:After criticizing our proposal in every detail,

the director went on telling us that there was nothing personal in his comments. C.telling us

78. Identify the errors in the following sentence:After criticizing our proposal in every detail,

the director went on telling us that there was nothing personal in his comments.

C.telling us

79. Identify the errors in the following sentence:After making observations for a week, Sam found

why Mr. Hobbs’s sh C.found

80. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Alice is the only one of those neighbors who

are always willing to help . C.are

81. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Although the town has been attacked by the

storm several times, C.few damages

82. Identify the errors in the following sentence:As soon as I showed her the trick, she bursted

out C.bursted out

83. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Because of her sympathy for this poor old man,

the shop girl took lesser money than the actual charge for the puddings. B.lesser

84. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Being in poor health, we advised John to stay

in bed and not to go with us. A.Being

85. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Bob has mistaken me as Joe. D.as

86. Identify the errors in the following sentence:By reading the directions carefully, some

mistakes in the A.By reading

87. Identify the errors in the following sentence:By reading the directions carefully, some

mistakes in the . A.By reading

88. Identify the errors in the following sentence:By the year 2010, the earth will have inhabited

twice of many people as it is today. C.if

89. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Comparing with the corresponding period of

last year, the output A.Comparing

90. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Disappointing at the result of the experiment,

he A.Disappointing

91. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Do you know anybody who had been injured in

the B.had been injured in

92. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Entered the room, he took off his hat and coat

and hung them up. A.Entered

93. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Even after he had named as the most valuable

employee, he could A.had named

94. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Even if we had known the subject enough well,

he insisted on explaining B.enough well

95. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Having been hurt in the accident, he lay in

bed for two weeks, to wait for C.to wait

96. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Having rejected by everybody, the student

representative A.Having rejected

97. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He always acts as if he is the chairman although

he is nothing at C.is

98. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He gave me the book and said that it was

worthwhile reading. D.worthwhile

99. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He stood in the front of the house talking

to a neighbor outside B.in the front of

100. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He wanted to know how the way they behaved.

B.ow the way

101. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He was singing an Anti-Japanese song, as if

remembered those C.remembered

102. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He was taken off to the prison by the police

while he was playing chess B.the prison

103. Identify the errors in the following sentence:He went to the library and spent the whole

afternoon there to look for B.to look for

104. Identify the errors in the following sentence:His friends in the village asked him to write

them as soon as one could. D.one could

105. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I can’t help to think it would be fun to play

such an exciting game with them. A.to think

106. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I can’t help to think it would be fun to play

such an exciting game. A.to think

107. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I got two vases in China. All of them are

expensive. C.All

108. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I never dream of there to be a chance for me

to be sent abroad. B.to be

109. Identify the errors in the following sentence:I saw the Queen Elizabeth when I was in London.

A.the

110. Identify the errors in the following sentence:If one does not work hard, you cannot expect to succeed.

C.you

111. Identify the errors in the following sentence:If that is case, you will have to work harder.

B.case

112. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It striked me that they had really learned

a great deal there. A.striked

113. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was not until very recently that had the

theory been accepted. C.had the theory been

114. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was proposed that Peter studies more

thoroughly before attempting B.studies

115. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was suggested that we tried to use gas to

start a fire. D.start a fire

116. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was very late to save the drowning boy as

he had gone down for the A.very late

117. Identify the errors in the following sentence:It was very late to save the drowning boy as

he had gone down for. A.very late

118. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jack was in the conference room discussing

plants with other committee members when the chairman had called to say he’d be late.

C.had called

119. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jim spent his vacation going to Mexico, flying

to Hawaii and D.he visited Canada

120. Identify the errors in the following sentence:John said his mother would buy him a five-speeds

racing bicycle . B.five-speeds

121. Identify the errors in the following sentence:John said his mother would buy him a five-speeds

racing bicycle B.five-speeds

122. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jonnie was not barely able to walk without

help because of the bad injury A.was not

123. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Jonnie was not barely able to walk without

help because A.was not

124. Identify the errors in the following sentence:Judging by the noise that is coming from their

room, I think that they D.must have

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:教育学
  • 下一篇:中国美术赏析平时作业