英语八年级上册期中测试题

期中测试题-练习卷

听力

Ⅰ. 听句子,选择正确图片。每个句子读一遍。(5分)

1. _______2. _______3. _______4. _______5. _______

Ⅱ. 听句子,选择正确答语。每个句子读一遍。(5分)

()6. A. I‘m sorry to hear that. B. Sure.

C. I hope so.

()7. A. No, thanks. B. Certainly. Go ahead!

C. Sorry, I won‘t.

()8. A. Chinese food.B. Basketball, of course.C. P. E.

()9. A. All right.B. Good idea.C. It‘s a bad habit.

()10. A. That‘s all right.B. Very good.C. Not at all.

Ⅲ. 听对话和问题,选择正确答案。每组对话和问题读两遍。(5分)

()11. A. Go to the park.B. Go to school.C. Finish her homework.

()12. A. A worker.B. A farmer.C. A doctor.

()13. A. Because he was ill.B. Because he got up early.

C. Because he went to bed too late.

()14. A. By bike.B. On foot.C. By bus.

()15. A. Always.B. Twice a week.C. Never.

Ⅳ. 听短文,根据短文内容给下列句子排序。短文读两遍。(5分)

A. The most serious problem is that smoking can cause cancer.

B. But in fact smoking is bad for our health.

C. They think smoking looks cool.

D. Our teeth will become yellow and our lungs will be bad.

E. Now many students learn to smoke.

16. _______17. _______18. _______19. _______20. _______

阅读理解

(A)

()21. When you need help with your homework, go to the library. You may find magazines, newspapers, and big dictionaries. They can always help you.

()22. For families with children, an important problem is getting the children away from the television to do their homework.

()23. Even if you could buy the world, you couldn‘t buy a happy family, good friends, or knowledge.

()24. The Lost World is an exciting American film. People, especially school students, may like it.

()25. People might grow plants and vegetables in about 50 years.

(B)

There is a famous English saying ―You are what you eat‖, and your mouth will become part of you. Many experts (专家) use it to tell people it's important to have a good eating habit. For example, too much sweet food makes a person overweight(超重). To avoid being fat, kids are told to keep off sweet food. But, a team of American scientists have found something new about eating sweet food.

―When we say some people ?sweet‘, we mean they are kind and friendly to us. Perhaps(也许) this word can help us learn more about people's feelings and acts.‖ said Brian Meier, a scientist from the study team. ―Taste is something we experience every day. What we have done is to find whether we can know someone's character(角色) and behavior(行为) depending on their taste.‖

In one of their experiments(实验), students were asked questions about their character-whether, for example, they were soft-hearted or not. Then they were asked to make a list of their favorite food. According to their answers, the scientists found that the students who liked sweet food were nicer.

In their another experiment, the scientists found that people who preferred sweet food such as cookies and chocolate were more willing to help other people in need, and those who ate non-sweet food such as chips weren‘t. For example, people with a sweet tooth were more likely to volunteer to clean up their city, visit sick children in the hospital and so on.

The result of the experiments is that people‘s helpfulness or being nice has something to do with their taste for sweet food. So eating sweet food is a useful way to make people nice and helpful. Next time, try some ice-cream.

根据短文内容,选择正确答案。

( )26. The underlined word "it" refers to A. the sweet food B. the eating habit C. the American teamD. the English saying

( A. overweight B. excited C. relaxed D. friendly

( were less helpful.

A. ice-creamB. chocolate C. chips D. cookies

( )29. According to the passage, which of the followings is NOT true?

A. There is some relationship between someone‘s character and their taste.

B. Kids are told to keep away from sweet food to be fat.

C. What you put in your mouth will show your character.

D. If people want to be kind or friendly, they can try some sweet food.

(

A. scientists asked college students questions about their future

B. scientists told college students not to eat sweet food

C. people with a sweet tooth are more willing to help others

D. people's character has nothing to do with their taste

(C)

Teeth are important. Strong , healthy teeth help you chew(咀嚼) foods that help you grow. They help you speak clearly. And yes ,they help you look best. Here are some tips for you to take care of your teeth:

1. Brush your teeth the right way.

Brush your teeth at least twice a day – after breakfast and before bedtime. If you can, brush after lunch or after sweet snacks, too. Brush all of your teeth, not just the front ones. Spend time brushing teeth along the sides and back of your mouth. Spend at least three minutes each time you brush. Play a song you like to help pass the time. Get a new toothbrush every three months. When you buy toothbrush, be sure it has soft bristles(鬃毛).

2. Learn how to floss(用牙线清洁牙齿) your teeth.

Flossing is a very important way to keep your teeth healthy. Food may hide between two teeth. Flossing can help get rid of it. You‘ll need to floss your teeth at least once a day.

3. Have good eating habits.

You need to be careful about what you eat and drink. Eating sugar is a major cause of tooth decay(蛀牙).Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and drink water instead of soda(苏打).

( )31. How many times at least should we brush our teeth a day?______

A. 1B. 2 C. 3 D. 4

( )32. What is the major cause of tooth decay? ______

A. Not brushing teeth B. Not changing toothbrush C. Eating sugar D. Not flossing teeth

( )33. How often should we change our toothbrushes? ______

A. never B. three times a month C. every three months D. every month

( )34. The bristles of the toothbrush must be______

A. hard B. soft C. expensive D. not mentioned

( )35. Which is the right way to take care of teeth? ______

A. Only brush front teeth.

B. Spend at most three minutes to brush teeth each time.

C. Not brush teeth before sleeping.

D. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and drink water instead of soda.

(D)

The key to your problem is that long nap (打盹, 小睡) after dinner.

If you didn't sleep for hours during the early part of the evening, you would be more ready to sleep at bedtime. If you didn't nap after dinner, you would not want to stay up so late, and you This helps account for the fact that you feel tired all day.

Right after your evening meal, engage in some sort of physical activity-a sport such as bowling, perhaps. Or get together with friends for an evening of cards and conversation. Then go to bed at your usual time or a little earlier, and you should be able to get a good night's rest without taking a pill.

watch television or do some jobs around your house until you feel sleepy. If you fall asleep and then wake up a few hours later, get up but do not take a sleeping pill. Eat a sandwich or some cakes. You get only a few hours‘ sleep at night, but you will feel better in the morning than you usually feel. The next night you will be ready to sleep at an earlier time.

Remember: the most important thing is not to take that nap right after dinner and not to take pills.

单选题

( )41. —Would you mind _______here?

—I‘m sorry about that. I‘ll go _______.

A. no smoking; somewhere else B. not smoking; somewhere else

C. not smoking; anywhere else D. not smoke; anywhere else

( )42. I think _______ a foreign language is not easy. You should _______ it often.

A. to learn; to practice B. learning; practice

C. learn; practicing D. learns; to practice

( )43. There _______ a football match next week. Shall we go and watch it?

--Sure. It‘ll be very______.

A. will have; exciting B. has ; excited C. have; excited D. will be; exciting

( )44. —Don‘t be late next time! —_______

A. Sorry, I won‘t. B. Sorry, I don‘t. C. All right, I won‘t. D. OK, I won‘t.

( )45. You‘d better _______ too much meat. You are _______ fat.

A. not eat; much too B.eat ; too much C. not to eat; much too D. don‘t eat; too much

( )46. —_______ I borrow your English book? —Yes, of course you _______.

A. Could; could B. Must; can C. Could; can D. Can; could

( )47. I think _______ necessary for you _______ breakfast.

A. this; have B. that; to have C. it‘s; to have D. it‘s; have

( )48. —He plays basketball so well! Who taught _______ —He learnt it by _______.

A. him; him B. himself; himself C. him; himself D. himself; him

( )49. —Must we keep the window _______ all the time? —No, ________.

A. to open; mustn‘t B. opened; needn‘t C. to open; don‘t have to D. open;

needn‘t

( )50. My mother is ill. I _______ stay at home to take care of her.

A. can B. may C. have to D. maybe

完型填空

An old man lived in a nice house with a large garden. He took care of his time, watering and fertilizing(施肥) them.

One day a young man went by the . He looked at the beautiful flowers, thinking how he lived in such a beautiful place. Then, suddenly he found the old gardener was . He was very surprised about this and asked, ―You can‘t see these are you busy taking care of them every day?‖

The old man smiled and said, ―I can tell you four was young, and I really like this job. Second, can‘t see these flowers, I can touch(触摸) I can smell the sweetness of them. As to the last one, that‘s

―Me? But you don‘t know me,‖ said the young man.

―Yeah, it‘s that I don‘t know you. But I know that flowers are angels(天使) that everybody

The blind(失明的) man‘s work opened our eyes, and our hearts, which also made his life . It was just like Beethoven, who became deaf(耳聋的) in his later life and wrote many great musical works. Beethoven couldn‘t hear his wonderful music, but his music has encouraged(激励) millions of people to face their kind of happiness?

( )51. A. flowers B. trees C. vegetables D. grass

( )52. A. balcony B. kitchen C. garden D. study

( )53. A. after B. as C. before D. if

( )54. A. not able to see B. could see C. not able to hear D. could hear

( )55. A. What B. Who C. Why D. Which

( )56. A. stories B. reasons C. excuses D. suggestions

( )57. A. although B. since C. because D. unless

( )58. A. First B. Second C. Third D. Fourth

( )59. A. me B. you C. my mother D. my son

( )60. A. true B. hard C. cool D. bad

( )61. A. greets B. doubts C. meets D. knows

( )62. A. broke B. hurt C. pleased D. treated

( )63. A. lucky B. busy C. serious D. happy

( )64. A. herself B. ourselves C. themselves D. himself

( )65. A. difficulties B. questions C. happiness D. results

语法填空

A: Hello, is that Miss Gao 66_____________?

B: Sorry, she‘s not here at the moment. Can I 67___________a message for you ?

A: Sure, please. This is Jack‘s mother speaking. Jack is ill , so he can‘t go to school today. B: I‘m sorry 68______________(hear) that. What‘s 69_____________with him ?

A: He 70__________(feel) terrible when he got up this morning. He has a cough and a headache.

B:71__________you____________(take) him to hospital ?

A: Yes, I took him to the hospital in the early morning. He 72__________________(患了流感). The doctor said Jack had better 73____________(stay) in bed for two days.

B: Did the doctor give him any medicine ?

A: Of course he 74___________(give) Jack some pills. Jack has to take them three times a day. B: Does he feel any better ?

A: Just a little better. Now he 75____________(sleep) in bed. I really don‘t know what 76__________(do).

B: Don‘t worry. I think he 77 _____________(be) all right soon. And I will tell Miss Gao about Jack‘s 78__________(ill).

A: Thank you very much.

B: You are welcome.

任务型阅读

Helen Keller lived in the USA. She was a great woman. .

When Helen was a baby, she got very sick. After many weeks, the doctor said, "She is better, but now she can't see or hear any more. "Her parents were very sad. After a few years, things got worse. There was no way for Helen to speak to other people. She heard nothing. She saw nothing. She didn't understand anything.

Then one day a teacher came to live with Helen and her family. The teacher helped Helen learn about words. Helen was a very bright child and soon she learned to spell her first word. When she was older, she went to college.

Helen was very famous. she helped many blind(盲) and deaf (聋) people. She traveled around the world and helped many people.

Helen was a very old woman when she died. The world remembers her today as a brave and wonderful person. She was blind and deaf, but she found a way to see and hear.

任务一:判断正(T)误(F)

( )79. Helen Keller was a great woman and there was something wrong with her ears and eyes.

( )80. Helen couldn‘t hear anything but could see everything.

任务二:回答问题

( )81. Who helped Helen learn words?

( )82. What do people think of Helen today?

任务三:补全句子

( )83. At first she couldn‘t _________ anything and later a teacher _____________ her to spell the first word.

翻译句子

A large number of people in the world eat fast food. Whenever you go into a fast food restaurant, ①which country people like fast food best?

②The English people are the world's biggest fans of fast food, while the French(法国人) are the least interested in quick meals, according to a survey done last year. The survey of thirteen countries shows 45% of the English people say美味. And 44% of Americans and 37% of Canadians say the same.

The' French, proud of their delicious and high class cuisine, don't like fast food. 810/o of them think it is unhealthy, followed by 75% of the Japanese.

How about the Chinese? How often do you have hamburgers or fried chicken? It doesn't matter whether you like western fast food or Chinese food. 健康要有良好的饮食习惯。

84. 将①,②翻译成汉语

①_________________________________________________________________ ②_________________________________________________________________

85. 将③,④翻译成英语

③______________________________________________________________

④_______________________________________________________________

写作:

随着阳光体育运动在全国开展,每天锻炼一小时,健康工作50年,幸福生活一辈子的理念深入人心。学校体育课上的运动项目增加了,更多人参加了体育运动,开始关注健康了……请结合所学知识和生活实际,谈谈你对这一变化和对快站此项活动的看法。80词。

The Sunshine Sports program is warmly welcomed in our school.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:九英语1
  • 下一篇:普光学校初三英语第一次月考答案