2017年北京六城区高三英语一模完形填空专项试题及答案

2017年北京高三一模六城区英语完形填空专项练习题

完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,共30分)

阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

海淀

A Commitment to Life

The snow was falling and the roads had become dangerous. The schools were dismissed early, but much to my surprise, my36 wasn’t canceled. So I went, feeling especially heroic. As far as I could see, I was risking my life to keep my37 . Snow or no snow, I would be on time for my scheduled donation at the local38center.

When I got there, I discovered I wasn’t39 . Four more ―hero-types‖ were already lying back in donor chairs with lines40to their veins, and machines quietly pumping away to41their lifesaving gifts.

Seeing my fellow donors honoring their own commitments, I realized why I was there. I lay back in my donor chair, ready to make a difference in the life of someone I would never42 .

To be honest, I’d never really thought about why I donate. I just do it. But a few months ago, during one of my43donations I learned that my blood was specifically for a cancer patient and for a newborn baby—both patients needed what I would give in order to live. I’ve viewed my visits to the blood center44ever since.

My wife Karen is a45 , too. And more importantly, she has been on the bone marrow (骨髓) list for fifteen years, ever since she signed up to provide bone marrow to a kindergartner with leukemia(白血病). That little girl died before Karen’s bone marrow could help her,46 Karen was called again recently. Her test results were still on file, and it turned out she was a potential47for someone else. The caller asked Karen if she would still be willing to become a bone marrow donor. ―Yes,‖ she said and then immediately began answering questions on the pages of paperwork for further testing. It was a race48time.

I wish I could say that this49was won. It wasn’t. The caller later thanked Karen for her participation and asked a few more questions—including whether or not she’d50on the donor list. ―Of course, ―Karen answered.

Last week Karen gave blood and next week I’ll make my usual donation. I’ll51an afternoon from my schedule and make an appointment. I don’t know whose life my donation may 52 . Most likely it will be a53 , but on any day the person needing a blood product could be you or me or maybe a loved one. It is worthwhile to54our time to donate.I really do feel55every time I donate. And I like the feeling.

36. A. appointmentB. class C. meeting D. flight

37. A. secret B. balanceC. shapeD. word

38. A. service B. shoppingC. blood D. care

39. A. alone B. welcomeC. lateD. lucky

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:新人教版七年级下前三单元文言文
  • 下一篇:苏教版五年级下册数学第一单元试卷题目