Lesson 79By air 乘飞机

Lesson 79:By air 乘飞机

First listen and then answer the question.

听录音,然后回答以下问题。

Why did the plane turn back?

I used to travel by air a great deal when I was a boy. My parents used to live in South Americaand I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays. A flight attendant would take charge of me and I never had an unpleasant experience. I am used to traveling by air and only on oneoccasion have I ever felt frightened. After taking off, we were flying low over the city andslowly gaining height, when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport.While we were waiting to land, a flight attendant told us to keep calm and to get off the planequietly as soon as it had touched down. Everybody on board was worried and we were curiousto find out what had happened. Later we learnt that there was a very important person onboard. The police had been told that a bomb had been planted on the plane. After we hadlanded, the plane was searched thoroughly. Fortunately, nothing was found and five hours laterwe were able to take off again. New words and expressions 生词和短语

parent n. 父(母)亲

flight attendant 空中乘务员

frightened adj. 害怕,担惊

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:2015年上半年河南省证券从业《证券发行与承销》:可转换公司债券
  • 下一篇:贵州2016年上半年会计从业资格证考试《初级会计电算化》试题