江苏扬州市甘泉中学高三英语期中试题及答案

扬州市甘泉中学高三英语期中考试模拟题

(满分:120分;考试时间:120分钟,2009年11月)

一、听力(略)

二、单项填空

21. If you want _______ respect from others, you don’t have to be _______ Einstein. Just develop some qualities like honesty, courage, kindness and so on.

A. 不填; the B. the; the C. a; an D. 不填; an

22. —Would you mind my coming over and having a look at your new garden? My little son’s curious about those roses you grow.

—. Just come round.

A. Yes, I do B. Never mind C. Not at allD. Yes, please

23. Can you see in the distance twenty _____ of cattle that ______ grazing on the side of the hill?

A. heads; was B. heads; were C. head; is D. head; are

24. _______ I know from experience as a classmaster, wearing a long face doesn’t necessarily mean filling the students with respect and fear.

A. WhatB. WhichC. AsD. While

25. —Hello, Mr. Smith. I am afraid I won’t be able to arrive on time for the meeting.

— ________, Jackson. You still have ten minutes to go.

A. Calm down B. No doubt C. Cheer up D. No hurry

26. You shouldn’t work so hard and rest so little to develop your company. You know, _______.

A. all roads lead to Rome B. never put off till tomorrow

C. no pains, no gainsD. Rome wasn’t built in a day

27. The purpose of the scheme is not to help the employers _______ to provide work for young people.

A. butB. as C. andD. or

28. When I returned ten years later, I was amazed at the great changes in the town centre and the new streets were _______.

A. beyond reachB. beyond recognition

C. beyond expressionD. beyond control

29. Though a typhoon is on the way, people are still looking forward _______ the outdoor concert by Jay Chou.

A. to calling offB. not to calling off

C. to not calling offD. not to call off

30. -Have your working conditions improved?

-No, _______ than before, I’m afraid.

A. no better B. a little betterC. not worse D. no worse

31. The description was pretty ________, so the police couldn’t figure out the portrait of the criminal.

A. vague B. accurate C. particularD. vain

32. _______ by keeping down costs will Power Data hold its advantage over other companies.

A. StillB. OnlyC. Just D. Yet

33. Just lately the old lady has ______ hiding her socks under the carpet in the hall.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:新编英语教程3,19单元练习册翻译及paraphrase
  • 下一篇:企业员工主要岗位操作规程