【课堂新坐标】(教师用书)2013-2014学年高中英语 Unit 16 Storie

【课堂新坐标】(教师用书)2013-2014学年高中英语 Unit 16

Stories教案 北师大版必修5

【美文阅读】

海伦·凯勒,美国著名的盲聋女作家、教育家,她是怎样识字,又是怎样理解字义的呢?

Helen Keller

“The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher,Anne Mansfield Sullivan,came to me.I am filled with wonder when I consider the immeasurable(无限的) contrasts between the two lives which it connects.It was the third of March,1887,three months before I was seven years old.”so wrote Helen Keller.

The morning after the arrival of her teacher,Helen was led into a room and given a doll.After she had played with it for a while,Miss Sullivan slowly spelt the letters “d-o-l-l” into her hand.At once Helen was interested in this finger play and tried to imitate her teacher.When she finally succeeded in forming the letters correctly,she was filled with pleasure and pride.Excitedly she found her way to her mother,held up her hand and wrote the letters for “doll”.And in the days that followed,she learned to spell a great many words in this way.

Helen soon learned,however,that things and actions had names.One day when she was playing with her new doll,Miss Sullivan placed the doll on her lap,made her touch it again and wrote the letters “d-o-l-l”on the palm(手掌)of her hand.This was repeated several times until Helen associated the word with the object. “Once,as we were walking down the road to the well,I was attracted by some strange smell in the air.I asked,‘What is that strange smell in the air?’Miss Sullivan led me to the well.Someone was drawing water.She took my hand and placed it under the flowing water.”As the cool water washed Helen's hand,Miss Sullivan spelt the word “water” into her other hand,first slowly,then quickly.Helen stood still.She knew then that “w-a-t-e-r” meant the cool liquid she was now playing with both her hands.That living word gave her joy,light and hope.She did not remember what they all were;but she knew that mother,father,sister,and her teacher were among them—words that were to make the world bright for her.As her education progressed,Helen was living a new life full of excitement.She now had the key to language and was keen to use it.

We who have eyes to see and ears to hear can learn easily.But Helen could not as she was both blind and deaf.She did not allow herself to be handicapped(身体残疾的).She made full use of all the other faculties she had to such an advantage1

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:B1M1词汇复习
  • 下一篇:【课堂新坐标】(教师用书)2013-2014学年高中英语 Unit 3 Invento