高中英语 必修4 unit4 reading

COMMUNICATION: NO PROBLEM?

Yesterday, another student and I, representing our university's student association, went to the Capital International Airport to meet this year's international students. They were coming to study at Beijing University. We would take them first to their dormitories and then to the student canteen. After half an hour of waiting for their flight to arrive, I saw

several young people enter the waiting area looking around curiously. I stood for a minute watching them and then went to greet them.

The first person to arrive was Tony Garcia from Colombia, closely followed by Julia Smith from Britain. After I met them and then

introduced them to each other, I was very surprised. Tony approached Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek! She stepped back appearing surprised and put up her hands, as if in defence. I

guessed that there was probably a major misunderstanding. Then Akira Nagata from Japan came in smiling, together with George Cook from Canada. As they were introduced, George reached his hand out to the Japanese student. Just at that moment, however, Akira bowed so his nose touched George's moving hand. They both apologized - another cultural mistake!

Ahmed Aziz, another international student, was from Jordan. When we met yesterday, he moved very close to me as I introduced

myself. I moved back a bit, but he came closer to ask a question and then

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:book2 基础练习
  • 下一篇:牛津高中英语必修教材M1-M5短语,默写版3