初三语法填空

语法填空

A

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I’m very pleased(see) all of you here because you are my special guests. Welcome to our company’s museum. My name is Brown, George Brown. I’m the general manager of the company. As you all know, we make computers in our company, as well as some other electronic products. But we are also quite interested in (educate). That’s why we have founded this museum, how they are used in industry, agriculture, scientific research and many other areas. Children can operate the computers, they can push the buttons and listen to storiescomputers, and they can So I hope you can give me suggestions after yoube the best of its kindit opens to all schoolchildren. This is Mr Tom Silver, my assistant. He will be your guide now. I’ll be with you in an hour and a half. EnjoyB

When someone says “Well, I guess I’ll face the music.”, he doesn’t mean that (31)_______is planning to go to a concert. It is something far less happy, as you are (32)________ (call) in by your boss to explain why you did this or did that, or (33)______you did not do this or that. At some time (34)______ another, every one of us has to “face the music”, (35)________(especial) as children, we can all remember father’s angry words “I want to talk to you!” And it was only because we did not listen to him. (36)_____ a bad thing it was!In the middle or at the end of every term, some students have to “face the music”. The result of the exam will decide

(37)______they will have to face the music or not. There might be parents’ blame and the contempt (轻视) of the teachers and other (38)___________(classmate).The phrase “to face the music” is well known to every American, (39)_____ or old. It is at least 100 years old. It originally means that you have to do something (40)_______ (brave), no matter how terrible the whole thing might be, because you know you have no choice.

C

Do you ever wonder why you yawn(打呵欠)? Why do you open your mouth wide and take a deep breath? Well, a scientist at the University of Maryland is searching for the answer.

Professor Robert Provine has been studying yawning for the past two years. But he says he still does not knowpeople yawn. In fact, no one seems to know much about it. Professor Provine’s students have helped him find out more about yawning. They agreed to(watch) while sitting alone in small rooms. In the rooms, they watched television programs, or pictures of people yawning. Or they just sat and(think) about yawning. Students also kept records of when they yawned throughout the day.

The professor says he has of things from these experiments. He says yawning seems linked in some way to sleeping. His students yawned most just before sleeping orwaking from sleep. He also found that people yawn much when they are (bore ) or not interested in what they are doing. Now, Professor Provine is planningyawning is linked to (excite). Yawning is common among runners race. It is also common among people waiting to make a speech. Professor Provine says he is

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:七年级英语百词竞赛总结
  • 下一篇:山西省阳泉市盂县2016