课堂新坐标2016

Unit 1 Great Scientists Section Ⅳ Grammar & Writing Ⅰ.完成句子

用动词的过去分词形式完成下列句子

1.这是条被污染的河

This is________.

2.在事故中受伤的男孩被送到医院了。

The boy________________was taken to hospital.

3.被邀请去参加她的晚会我感到吃惊。

I________________to be invited to her party.

4.我喜欢吃加工好的肉。

I like eating________________.

5.自从我离开这个城镇以来,这里几乎没有什么变化。

There is________________here since I left this town.

【答案】 1.a polluted river 2.injured in the accident 3.felt surprised

4.processed meat

5.nothing changed

Ⅱ.阅读理解

A

A British scientist whose schoolmasters told him he was too stupid to study the subject has been awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine or physiology for his pioneering work on cloning.

At the age of 15,Prof Sir John Gurdon ranked last out of the 250 boys at biology,and was in the bottom set in every other science subject.His master,Mr.Gaddum,was in fact a museum curator(解说员)by profession who had been hired to teach the lowest-achieving pupils and was not in fact a particularly effective teacher.Though he had heard Gurdon was interested in doing science,he thought this was a completely ridiculous idea because there was no hope whatever of Gurdon doing science. After receiving the report Sir John said he switched his attention to classics and was offered a place to study at Christ Church,Oxford,but was allowed to switch courses and read zoology instead because of a mix-up in the admissions office. It was at Oxford as a postgraduate student that he published his famous research on genetics and proved for the first time that every cell in the body contains the same genes.He did so by taking a cell from an adult frog's intestine(肠),removing its genes and implanting them into an egg cell,which grew into a clone of the adult1

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:B1M 3-4 复习提纲
  • 下一篇:2016