济南市2017九年级学业水平考试英语学科专项训练--阅读理解

(一)

阅读理解阅读下列短文, 从每题A、B、C、D 四个选项中,选出一个能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳答案。(15分)

A

Mr. and Mrs. Green lived in a big city. One summer they went to the country for their holiday. They enjoyed it very much because it was a quiet, clean place.

One day they went for a walk early in the morning and met an old man. He lived on a farm, and he was sitting in the warm sun in front of his house. Mr. Green asked him, “Do you like to live in this quiet place?”

The old man said, “Yes, I do.”

Mr. Green then asked, “What are the good things about it?”

The old man answered, “Well, the people here know each other. They often come and visit me, and I often go and visit them. And there are also lots of children here.” Mr. Green said, “That?s interesting, and what are the bad things?”

The old man thought for a moment and then said, “Well, the same things, really.”

1.Mr. and Mrs. Green went to the country ________.

A.to see the old man B.to spend their holiday

C.to see the quiet placeD.to have a walk

2.Mr. and Mrs. Green enjoyed the country because ________.

A.there were many childrenB.there was an old man

C.it was far from the city D.it was quiet and clean

3.Mr. and Mrs. Green took a walk ________.

A.in the afternoon B.early in the morning

C.after breakfastD.in the evening

4.The old mall said, “Yes, I do.” “I do” here means __________.

A.I like to live in this place B.I like the people here

C.I like to sit in the warm sun D.I like to go out for a walk

5.The old man sometimes liked the people to _______, but sometimes he didn?t.

A.ask him questions B.keep the place quiet and clean

C.come and visit him D.make interesting things

B

Are some people born clever, and others born stupid? Or is intelligence(智力) developed by our environment and our experience? Strangely enough, the answer to these questions is yes. In some degree, our intelligence is given to us at birth, and no education can make a talent out of a child born with low intelligence. On the other hand, a child who lives in a boring environment will develop his intelligence less than one who lives in rich environment. Therefore, the limits of person?s intelligence are fixed at birth, whether or not he reaches those limits will depend on his environment. This point of view, now is held by most experts.

It is easy to show that intelligence is something that we are born with. The closer the blood relationship between two people, the closer they are likely to be intelligence. If we take two strangers by chance from the population, it seems that their degree of intelligence will be completely different. If, on the other hand, we compare two twins, they will very likely be as intelligent as each other. Relations like brothers and sisters, parents and children, usually have similar intelligence, and this clearly suggests that intelligence depends on birth.

Imagine now that we take two twins and put them in different environments. We might send one, for example, to a university and the other to a factory separately where the work is boring. We would soon find- 1 -

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:仁爱九下单词表
  • 下一篇:八年级单词默写(中文)