湖南省岳阳县第一中学2017届高三下学期开学考试英语试题 Word版

2017年上学期岳阳县一中高三开学考试英语试题

说明:1、本套试题为完整高考试题节选,即除了听力与作文不考之外,其他高考题型都考。

2、本套试卷实际题目分数为95分,5分为卷面分,累计100分。但年级最后会以 150分进行换算,即成绩统计总分仍旧是以150分为基础换算分数。

第一部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。

[A]

When I asked my mom why I was so short when I was 7 years old, she explained that I have a medical condition called dwarfism (侏儒症).

At first, I was very sad. I wanted to be tall, mainly because of the way people reacted to me. Kids would say mean stuff, like, “It's weird how you're so short.” In elementary school, whenever classmates would bully (欺侮) me, I'd run away and cry.

Life outside school can also be tough. At the local amusement park, I'm not tall enough to go on all the rides, so sometimes I have to sit on the sidelines while my friends have fun.

I'm now in the seventh grade, and I'm four feet two inches tall. And you know what? It doesn't matter! My height no longer bothers me like it did when I was little. I met a girl at school named Nevaeh, who is my best friend, and she has helped me realize that it's not what's on the outside that matters — it's what's on the inside.

Nevaeh doesn't even mention my height when we hang out. In fact, if people tease us about being short (she's only six inches taller than I am), we'll make jokes, like, “We're not short. We're fun-sized!” I refuse to let unkind people get me down. I'd rather turn something cruel into something funny, laugh it off, and move on.

One of my favorite things to do is prove people wrong. Take basketball, for example. Since it's a sport associated with tall people, I was determined to play. And for almost two full seasons, I didn't make a single basket! But then, during a game last year, I stole the ball from a girl. I got to take two free throws. It was amazing. Everyone cheered. The experience made me realize that if I can score baskets, I can do anything.

I'm not going to let my height get in the way of achieving my dreams.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:2014高考语法填空题解题技巧与语法填空专题训练
  • 下一篇:湖北省黄石市第三中学2016-2017学年高一上学期期末考试英语试题