2014淮安市中考英语真题及答案

2014年淮安市中考英语真题

一、单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

1.Beijing is one of ______ biggest cities in China. A. a B. an C. theD. /

2. John is fond of swimming. His bobby is different from______.A. IB. meC. myD. mine

3. Mum likes making pictures and the pies she cooks always taste _______.A. good B. wellC. badD. badly

4. The old man can’t hear us well because there’s something wrong with his ______.A. mouthB. noseC. earsD. eyes.

5. Sam enjoyed collecting. He has collected over three _______stamps.A. hundred B. hundredsC. hundred ofD. hundreds of

6. Now teenagers are very busy with their schoolwork and they have _____ time to do exercise.A. fewB. littleC. a fewD. a little

7. You should _______ smoking. It’s really bad for your health.A. look up B. give up C. get upD. set up

8. --________ do you go to the supermarket, Amy?-- Once a week.A. How manyB. How muchC. How farD. How often

9. Andy, you’d better not eat meat only. You should know milk and fruit _______ good for you.A. isB. areC. wasD. were.

10. Prince George is ________ lovely that many people like him very much.A. veryB. suchC. as D. so

11. Last March, many trees ________ along the streets to make our city more beautiful.A. were planted B. were planting C. had plantedD. planted

12. The 18th Jiangsu Provincial Games will ______ in September. Many students want to be volunteers.A. take place B. take part C. take actionD. take care

13. –Mr Wang, could you tell me how long _______ the magazines? –At most ten days.A. I can borrow B. can I borrow C. I can keepD. can I keep

14. The book Alice In Wonderland is very interesting. I ______ it twice already.A. readB. have read C. am readingD. will read

15. – What else should we pay attention to _______ building the bridge?--The change of the weather, I think..A. finishB. finishedC. to finishD. finishing

二、完形填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

to do all they want by themselvestelling them they can’t do it.

16. A. readB. study C. workD. visit 17. A. look afterB. look forC. look atD. look over 18. A. his B. her C. my D. your 19. A.before B. throughC.if D. until 20. A. through B. acrossC. overD. into 21. A. failed B. refusedC. agreed D. tried 22. A. less B. more C. nothing D. anything 23. A. excitedB. pleased C. unsafe D. unhappy 24. A. AndB. HoweverC. But D. So 25. A. which B. thatC. whatD. how 26. A. in dangerB. in fearC. with care D. with joy 27. A. never B. alwaysC. oftenD. sometimes 28. A. of B. in C. onD. at 29. A. the earthB. the sunC. the moon D. the world 3o. A. instead ofB. becauseC. together withD. more than

三、阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

An old man walked slowly into a restaurant with his cane(拐杖). His old jacket and shoes made him unusual that day.

A young waitress named Mary watched him move towards a table by the window. She ran over to him, and said with a smile, “Here, sir. Let me give you a hand.”

Without saying a word, he gave her a smile. She pulled the chair away from the table and helped him sit down. Then she put his cane against the table so that he could reach it. In a soft, clear voice, he said, “Thank you, miss.” “You’re welcome, sir,” she replied. “I’ll be back in a moment, and if you need anything, just wave at me!”

After he had finished a good meal. Mary brought him the change. She handed him his cane, and walked with him to the front door. Holding the door open for him, she said, “Come back and see us, sir!” The old man turned around and smiled.

When Mary went to clean his table, she was shocked. Under the plate, she found a business card, a 100-dollar bill and a note. The note said, “Dear Mary, I respect(尊敬) you very much, and you respect yourself, too. It shows the way you treat others. You have found the secret of happiness.”

In fact, the old man was the owner of the restaurant. That was the first time that she, or any of his waitresses, had seen him.

31. The old man looked __________A. young B. handsomeC. unusualD. common

32. As soon as the old man entered the restaurant, Mary greeted him_______.A. politely B. slowlyC. sadly D. angrily 33. Mary told the old man to _______ when he needed something.A. ring the bell B. wave at her C. shout at herD. phone her

34. Mary was shocked when she found a business card, a 100-dollar bill and a note _______.A. on the chair B. on the groundC. under the bowl D. on the plate 35. The old man was ______.A. Mary’s father B. Mary’s neighbour

C. the boss of the restaurantD. a waiter of the restaurant

Years ago, while I lived in Engand, part of my college task was to help the children with special needs.I was

chosen to hands could not move. At her school the teachers would think it was an achievement her own coat. But I saw more in her. She had always wanted to put a stringthe hole of a key.

For the 5 years Nancy was in the school, the teachers always work for her. I knew Nancy could do , so I encouraged her to do something herself. At first Nancy often failed and got very. Sometimes I wanted to give up too.she had wanted to alone for so many years. Her teachers criedwhen they saw the thing she was able to do with just some encouragement.

Disabled people should be told they can’t do this or that. With just some encouragement they can do it. The look that girl’s face when she was able to do it herself meant

第 1 页 共 1 页

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:2014连云港市中考英语真题及答案
  • 下一篇:八年级教科物理月考一