1996-2006年全国高考英语完形

01 He has been called the “missing link .”Half-man ,half-beast .He is supposed to live in the highest mountain in the world-Mount Everest . He is known as the Abominable Snowman .The36of the Snowman has been around for37

.Climbers in the 1920s reported finding marks like those of human feet high up on the side of Mount Everest .The native people said they38this creature and called it the “Yeti,” and they said that they had 39caught Yetis on two occasions40none has ever been produced as evidence (证据). Over the years ,the story of the Yetis has 41 .In 1951 ,Eric Shipton took photographs of a set of tracks in the snow of Everest .Shipton believed that they were not42the tracks of a monkey or bear and43that the Abominable Snowman might really44.

Further efforts have been made to find out about Yetis .But the only things people have ever found were45footprints .Most believe the footprints are nothing more than46animal tracks ,which had been made47as they melted (融化)and refroze in the snow . 48,in 1964, a Russian scientist said that the Abominable Snowman was49and was a remaining link with the prehistoric humans .But , 50,no evidence has ever51been produced .

These days ,only a few people continue to take the story of the Abominable Snowman52 .But if they ever53catching one ,they may face a real54:Would they put it in a55or give it a room in a hotel ?

36.A.eventB.storyC.adventureD.description

37.A.centuriesB.too longC.some timeD.many years

38.A.heard fromB.cared forC.knew of

D.read about

39.A.evenB.hardlyC.certainlyD.probably

40.A.asB.thoughC.whenD.until

41.A.developedB.changedC.occurredD.continued

42.A.entirelyB.naturally

43.A.foundB.declared

44.A.exist B.escape

45.A.clearerB.more

46.A.hugeB.recent

47.A.strangeB.large

48.A.In the end

D.HoweverC.clearlyC.felt C.disappearC.possibleC.ordinary C.deepB.ThereforeD.simply D.doubted D.returnD.rare D.frighteningD.roughC.After all

49.A.imagined B.real C.special D.familiar

50.A.so B.besides C.again D.instead

51.A.rightly B.actually C.normally D.particularly

52.A.lightly B.jokingly C.seriously D.properly

53.A.succeed inB.insist on C.depend on D.join in

54.A.decision B.situation C.subject D.problem

55.A.zoo B.mountain C.museum D.laboratory

02What is intelligence(智力anintelligence test that all soldiers took ,and , against 37 of 100,scored 160.

I had an auto-repair man once, who, on these intelligence tests, could not 38 have scored more than 80. 39 , when anything went wrong with my car I hurried to him-and be always 40

it.

Well, then, suppose my auto-repair man 41 questions for some

intelligence tests. Be every

one of them I’d prove myself a 42 .In a world where I have to work with my 43 ,I’d do

poorly.

Consider my auto-repair man 44 .He had a habit of telling 45 . One time he said,

“Doc,a deaf and dumb(聋哑)man 46 some nails. Having entered a store,

he put two fingers together on the counter and made 47 movements with the other hand.

The clerk brought him a

hammer. He 48 his head and poined to the two fingers he was hammering. The clerk 49

him some nails. He picked out the right size and left. Well, Doc, the 50 man who came in was

blind. He wanted seissors(剪刀). 51 do you suppose he asked for them?”

I lifted my right hand

and made seissoring movements with my first two fingers. He burst out

laughing and said, “ Why , you fool, he used his 52 and asked for them. I’ve been 53 that

on all my customers today, but I knew 54 I’d catch you .”“Why is that ?” I asked,“Because

you are so goldamned educated,

Doc, I knew you couldn’t be very 55 .”

And I have an uneasy feeling he had something there.

36. A. failed B. wrote C. received D. chose

37. A. an average B. a total C. an exam D. a number

38. A. always B. possibly C. certainly D. frequenly

39. A. Then B. Thus C. Therefore D. Yet

40. A. fixed B. checked C. drove D. changed

41. A. answered B. practised C. designed D. tried

42. A. teacher B. docter C. winner D. fool

43. A. brains B. effort C. hands D. attention

44. A. again B. as usual C. too D. as well

45. A. lies B. jokes C. news D. tales

46. A. bought B. tested C. found D. needed

47. A. cutting B. hammering C. waving D. circling

48. A. nodded B. raised C. shook D. turned

49. A. brought B. packed C. sent D. sold

50. A. clever B. other C. right D. next

51. A. What B. How C. Who D. Which

52. A. imagination B. hand C. voice D. information

53. A. trying B. proving C. practising D. examining

54. A. for sure B. at once C. in fact D. right now

55. A. clear B. silly C. slow D. smart

03I played a racquetball game against my cousin Ed last week. It was one of the most 36 and tiring games I’ve ever had. When Ed first phoned and 37 we play, I laughed quietly, figuring on an 38 victory. After all, Ed’s idea of 39 has always been nothing more 40 than lifting a fork to his mouth. 41 I can remember, Ed’s been the least physically fit member in the family. and 42 proud of himself. His big stomach has always ballooned out between his T-shirt and trousers. Although the family often 43 about that. I’d refused to buy a 44 T-shirt or to lose weight. So when Ed 45 for our game not only with the bottom of his shirt gathered inside his trousers but also with a stomach you could hardly 46 . I was so surprised that I was 47 . My cousin must have made an effort to get himself into shape. 48 , at the point in our game when I’d have predicted(预计) the score to be about 9 to 1 in my favor, it was 49 7 to 9 — and Ed was 50 . The sudden realization was painful. We 51 to play like two mad men. When the score was 16 up. I was having serious 52 about staying alive until 21 years old. Let alone 53 that many points. When the game finally ended,both of us were lying flat on our backs, too tired to 54 . In a way, I think we both won: I the game, but cousin Ed my 55 .

36.A.encouraging B.hopeless C.surprising D.regular

37.A.declared B.mentioned C.persuaded D.suggested

38.A.unforgettable B.unexpected C.easy D.early

39.A.exercise B.preparation C.joy D.fitness

40.A.time-saving B.comfortable C.suitable D.effort-making

41.A.As soon as B.As long as C.When D.Since

42.A.strangely B.personally C.reasonably D.eagerly

43.A.cared 44.A.clean 45.A.set out 46.A.notice 47.A.nervous 48.A.After all 49.A.mistakenly 50.A.leading 51.A.pretended 52.A.thoughts 53.A.scoring

B.forgot B.larger B.got ready B.admire B.curious

B.As a result B.then B.coming B.stopped B.doubts

B.completing

C.quarreled C.straight C.arrived C.believe C.careless C.Above all C.instead C.waiting C.continued C.situations C.receiving

D.joked D.darker D.returned D.measure D.speechless D.At last D.naturally D.counting D.decided D.problems D.keeping

54.A.play B.start C.sleep D.move 55.A.friendship B.respect C.support D.favor

04-I-It was the night before the composition was due. As I looked at the list of topics (题目), “The Art of Eating Spaghetti (意大利面条) ” caught my eye. The word “spaghetti” brought back the (36)____ of an evening at Uncle Alien’s in Belleville (37) ____ all of us were seated around the table and Aunt Pat (38) ____ spaghetti for supper. Spaghetti was an exotic (外来的) treat in (39) ____ days. Never had I eaten spaghetti, and (40) ____ of the grown-ups had enough experience to be (41) ____ it. What laughing (42) ____ we had about the (43) ____ respectable method for moving spaghetti from plate to mouth. (44) ____, I wanted to write about that, but I wanted to (45) ____ it down simply for my own (46) ____, not for Mr. Fleagle, my composition teacher. (47) ____, I would write something else.

When I finished it the night was half gone and there was no (48) ____ left to write a proper composition for Mr. Fleagle. There was no choice next morning but to (49) ____ my work. Two days passed before Mr. Fleagle returned the (50) ____ papers. He said, “Now, class, I want to read you a composition, ‘The Art of Eating Spaghetti’.”

My words! He was reading my words out (51) ____ to the whole class. (52) ____ laughed, then the whole class was laughing with open-hearted enjoyment. I did my best not to show (53) ____, but what I was feeling was pure happiness, (54) ____ my words had the power to make people (55) ____. 36. A. memory B. thought C. knowledge D. experience 37. A. when B. where C. since D. after 38. A. cooked B. served C. got D. made 39. A. their B. past C. last D. those 40. A. none B. one C. earns D. neither 41. A. careful about B. good at C. fond of D. interested in 42. A. speeches B. lessons C. sayings D. arguments 43. A. nearly B. naturally C. officially D. socially 44. A. Especially B. Probably C. Suddenly D. Fortunately

45. A. settle B. put

46. A. work B. story

47. A. However B. Therefore

that

48. A. time B. excuse

49. A. give up B. continue

50. A. written B. graded

51. A. laid B. fast

52. A. People B. Nobody

53. A. shock B. wonder

54. A. if B. for

55. A. excited B. satisfied C. Bite C. luck C. As for him C. way C. hand in C. collected C. publicly C. Somebody C. worry C. while C. think D. let D. joy D. Except for D. idea D. delay D. calmly D. calmly D. I D. pleasure D. although D. laugh

04-IITracy Wong is a well-known Chinese-American writer. But her writing ___36___ was something she picked up by herself. After her first____37____, teaching disabled children, she became a part-time writer for IBM. ___38___, writing stories was simply a ___39___. interest. Tracy sent three of herstories to a publisher.___40____, they immediately suggested that she put them together to make a single one long___41___and paid Tracy a $ 50,000 advance. "A pretty money," said the publisher, "for___42____writer.” ___43___Traey's characters(人物)are interesting, her stories sometimes___44___readem uneasy: those about the supernatural. "My mother believed I could___45___the afterlife world," she told a close friend. "She used to have me speak with my grandmother, who died many years ago."

"Can I? I don't think I can," Tracy said with a laugh. "But l do have___46___ when things come to me___47___. " Once, she was wondering how to complete a ___48___set in ancient (古代的) China. ___49___the doorbell rang. It was a FedEx delivery man, with a copy of a book on Chinese ___50___. It came without her having ___51___it. Though she has published 10 books, Tracy has remained ___52___by her fame. She live

s in the same ___53___she lived 27 years ago - although in a mom comfortable home. There' s more room for___54___in her life - and it wasn’t just ___ 55___. A. skill B. experience C. practice D. method A. duty B. effort C. job D. task

A. Instead B. Normally C. Certainly D. Then A. general B. deep C. personal D. Lively

A. InterestedB. Anxiously C. Seriously D. Encouraged A. film B. story C. program D. article

A. a foreign B. a popular C. an unusual D. an unknown

A. Now thatB. Even though C. Just because D. Except that A. find B. turn C.leave D. hold

A. make up B. 'connect with C. control D. explain 46. A. events B. chances C. feelings D. moments 47. A. for no reason B. from a distance C. by accident D. as gifts 48. A. description B. Pointing C. scene D. Talk 49. A.

Surprisingly B. Suddenly C. Expectedly D. Fortunately

50. A. cooking B. history C. play D. medicine 51. A. knownB. sent C. realized D. ordered 52. A. unchanged B. excited C. determined D. unmoved53. A. lifeB. city C. house D. way

54. A. success B. work C. joy D. variety55. A. writing B. reporting C. luck D. fun

01-

36 B 43 C 50 C

02-

37 D 44 A 51 B 38 C 45 B 52 C 39 A 46 C 53 A 40 B 47 B 54 D

37 A 47 B 57 B

41 D 48 D 55 A 38 B 48 C 58 B

42 D 49 B 56 C

40 A 50 D 60 C

31 A 32 B 33 C 41 C 42 D 43 C 51 B 52 C 53 A 34 D 35 B 44 A 45 B 54 A 55 D 36 C 46 D 56 C 39 D 49 A 59 D

03-36、C 37、D 38、C 39、A 40、D 41、B 42、A43、D 44、B 45、C 46、A 47、D 48、B 49、

C50、A 51、C 52、B 53、A 54、D 55、B

04-I-36、bring back the memory of sth.表示“使某人回想起某事”的意思。memory表示“回忆”,thought表示“思想”,knowledge为“知识”,此处易错选D,experience表示“经历”,an experience of sth.为“经历某事”。此处是“我”要写作文时,看到“Spaghetti”一词而“回想起”那个晚上,因此答案选A。

37,38、注意句子结构:when引导定语从句修饰evening一词,表示“那晚我们都围桌而坐,Aunt Pat在准备晚餐的面条”。37题选A。serve sb.表示“为某人服务”,而serve sth则表示“准备或提供(食物)”,如serve tea(上茶)。因为我们不一定看到了“cooked the spaghetti”的全过程,因此38题选B为佳。

39、in those days表示“在那些日子里”、“在那个时代”。我们不说“in their days”,我们也常常这样说:in the last/past 5 days,因此此题的正确答案为D。 40,41、“Never has I eaten”为倒装句,因Never置于句首而产生。注意上下文:“我从未??,

大人们也没有足够的擅长吃意大利面条的经验”,否定式的递进关系,所以40小题答案选A。41小题C、D两个选项意义相同,表示“喜欢、感兴趣”的意义,be careful about sth.表示“小心注意??”,意义难以配平选项;故B项为此题答案。

42,43、此句为感叹句式,应理解为:我们就社交场合中如何有礼节地意大利面条从盘子移送到嘴里的方式进行了多么令人发笑的争论。注意下列词语:have speeches演讲;have lessons上课;sayings表示“格言、谚语、重复或熟悉的表达”,argument争论。nearly几乎、将近;naturally自然地;officially正式地;socially社交方面地。42题答案为D,43题答案为D。

44、回想到这一幕,我“突然”觉得我应该就将这事写下来。答案选C为佳。

45,46、“put it down”等同于“write”;我想写这事,仅仅是为了使我自己“高兴”,不是为了教师。注意下文中的pleasure, happiness等词语暗示。45答案为B,46答案为D。

47、那又怎么打发老师呢?as for表示“至于、关于、就??方面来说”。正确答案为C。

48、已到深夜,再没有“时间”另写一篇去应付老师了。选A。

49、“交作业”用hand in。选C。

50、the graded papers老师批阅过、评过分的作业,选B。

51、laid to呈现给、呈交给,文意是将“我”的作文在班上作为范文朗读给同学们听。不必读得“fast, calmly”,publicly等于in public“当众”。答案选A。

52、开始是个别人(someone)笑,然后(then)是全班同学开怀大笑。答案选C。

53、选D,下文有“happiness”暗示。

54、此句的含义是前句的原因。选for,答案B。

55、使人们发笑,上文已叙述。选D。

04-II-36、答案A。注意句中谓语动词为pick up(学会),在这里只与writing skill搭配最佳。 37、答案C。空后有注释:teaching disabled children,这只能是一项工作,所以选择job。 38、答案D,39、C。Writing stories在当时纯属个人兴趣。

40、答案A。形容词作原因状语,他们能够立刻提出建议并支付稿酬肯定是故事本身不错,使他们感兴趣。 41、答案B。把三个短篇合成一个长篇。

42、答案D。一下子提前支付一万美元的优厚稿酬做得很特别,对于一个不知名的作家来说有些例外。

43、答案B。分析句子结构,这是一个主从复合句。前后应该是让步关系:尽管??,有时也??。uneasy:不安,担忧。now that既然,just because就因为,两个词语用来引导原因状语。except that除了??,(整体上)是怎么样的。uneasy并非是作者小说的整体印象。 44、答案C。“动词+宾语+宾语补足语”结构,在此意为“使??感到不安”,leave相当于make,为使役动词。 45、答案B。“与冥界联系”。make up虚构;control控制;explain解释

46、答案D。moments:时刻,表示时间,其后的定语从句关系词因此用when。 47、答案A。for no reason:没有理由,莫名其妙。注意作者随后所讲经历的特点。

48、答案C。a scene set in ancient China:以古代中国为背景的一幕情节。set in ancient China为过去分词短语作scene的后置定语。

49、答案B。正不知如何写作,突然就有书主动送上门来。 50、答案B。与上文in ancient China照应。

51、答案D。作者没有订购,就有书寄来。照应上文中的“shoot the supernatural, connect with the afterlife world, for no reason”等说法。

52、答案A。没有因为出名而有任何变化。

53、答案D。in the same life不妥,排除A;如选B、C,其后的定语从句的关系词应用where才对,故排除B、C;in the same way以相同的方式,way后的定语从句的关系词有三种方式

表达:that, in which或省略,因此D为正确答案。 54、答案C;55、答案A。生活中的乐趣不仅仅是写作。

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:高考化学复习策略
  • 下一篇:2016高考数学分类汇编 概率与统计