0315翻译找骆驼

0315翻译:找骆驼(佚名)

Translation: Finding A Missing Camel; (Anonymous)

(translated by: alexcwlin; edited by: Adam Lam)

从前有个商人走失了一只骆驼。

Once upon a time, a merchant lost a camel.

他找了很多地方都没找到,

After searching in many places, he was still unable to find it.

心里很着急。

He became very anxious.

这时候,他看见一位老人在前面走,

At that time, he saw an old man walking in front of him.

就赶上去问:“老人家,您看见一只骆驼了吗?”

He caught up to him and asked: “Sir, did you see a camel?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

老人说:“你问的那只骆驼,是不是左脚有点跛?”

The old man said: “About the camel you are asking for, it has a small limp at its left foot, isn’t it?” ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“是的。”

“Yes!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“是不是左边驮着蜜,右边驮着米?”

“Is it carrying honey on the left side and rice on the right?”

“不错。”

“That’s correct!”

“是不是缺了一颗牙齿?”

“Is it missing a tooth?”

“对极了!

“That’s exactly right.

您看见它往哪儿去了?”

Did you see where it went?”

老人说:“那我可不知道。”

The old man said: “I have no idea on that.”

商人忿忿地说:“别哄我了,

The merchant said annoyingly: “Don’t kid me.

一定是你把我的骆驼藏起来了。

You must be hiding my camel.

要不,你怎么知道得这样详细?”

If not, how else you could know so much about it?

老人不紧不慢地说:“干吗生气呢,

The old man said sedately: “Why are you so angry for?

听我说嘛。

Listen to what I say.

刚才我看见路上有骆驼的脚印,

Just now I saw camel’s footprints on the road.

右边深,左边浅,就知道骆驼的左脚有点跛。

They were deep on the right side and light on the left side; so I knew its left foot limped a little. 我又看见路的左边有一些蜜,右边有一些米。我想骆驼驮的一定是这两样东西。

I also saw there were honey left behind on the left-hand side of the road and rice on the right-hand side; so I figured those had to be the items that the camel was carrying.

我还看见骆驼啃过的树叶,上面留下了牙齿印,所以知道它缺了一颗牙齿。

Remnants of leaves that the camel had gnawed on retained camel’s tooth-prints, and so I knew it was missing a tooth.

至于骆驼究竟往哪儿去了,应该顺着它的脚印去找。”

As to where the camel is heading, you should follow its footprints to track it.”

商人听了,照老人的指点一路找去,

The merchant heard and continued his search following the old man’s directions (1).

果然找到了走失的骆驼。

Sure enough he was able to locate the missing camel.

附注:

(1)

The word which means instructions on how to get somewhere or do something is “directions” with an “s”—a plural noun. That is, it is not “direction” without an “s”.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:上海市徐汇区2015届九年级4月学习能力诊断(二模)语文试题
  • 下一篇:XXX幼儿园毕业晚会策划书