河南省商丘市、开封市九校2016-2017学年高一上学期期末联考英语

2016——2017学年上期期末联考

高一英语试题

本试卷分试题卷和答题卷两部分,试题卷共8页,答题卷共2页。请按要求把答案涂、写在答题卡规定的范围内,超出答题框或答在试题卷上的答案无效。满分120分,考试时间100分钟。考试结束只收答题卡。

第Ⅰ卷(选择题;共70分)

第一部分听力(略)

第二部分阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

Two thieves came to a house to steal something. They dug a hole in the wall of the house. There lived many mice in the house. The woman in the moonlight saw a mouse crawl into the house. “Look! In comes one.” she said to the man in the house. The thief was so frightened that he hurriedly crawled out of the house and said to the one waiting outside, “She found me when I was just in.” But the thief outside didn’t believe him, so he said, “Let us two try to crawl into the house together.” At that time two mice happened to crawl into the house, too. The woman saw the mice and shouted, “In come two. Catch them! ” The two thieves were terribly frightened. The man in the house said, “You saw them come in but where are they?I will catch them tonight.” The two thieves started running away at once.

The two thieves wanted to make it clear whether they had been found or not the night before. The next day they acted as men selling sweet potatoes and came before the house. The man and the woman were ploughing in their fields.

The rein (缰绳) broke and the woman came home for a rope. She saw two men selling- 1 -

sweet potatoes and wanted to buy some. She picked out two which looked like mice. At the time, the man couldn’t wait for her any longer in the fields and he ran back from the fields to hurry her up. The woman showed the sweet potatoes to the man and said, “How they look like the two of last night!” The man said, “I asked you to fetch a rope, why don’t you hurry for it?” The two thieves ran away quickly without their sweet potatoes.

21. The two thieves failed to steal anything from the house because______.

A. they were found out

B. they were frightened by what they had heard in the house

C. they didn’t work together well with each other

D. mice stopped them from doing so

22. From the last paragraph, we know that ______.

A. the two thieves were famous for selling sweet potatoes

B. the woman recognized the two thieves

C. the woman pretended to know nothing about the two thieves and made fun of them

D. the two thieves didn’t know that they were not found at all

23. “______” is the best title for this passage.

A. Two Clever Thieves

C. Hit the Mark by a Fluke

B

Introduction

Blenheim Palace is one of the Europe’s largest and greatest palaces. It was built between 1705 and 1722 as a reward of the British government to John Churchill, 1st Duke (公爵) of Marlborough, for defeating King Louis XIV’s army at Blenheim, a small Bavarian village on the Danube River.

The palace was designed by Sir John Vanbrugh, which displayed strength and arm glory. It is the largest non-royal building in England and is now listed by the UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

Winston Churchill

- 2 - B. Terrible Mice D. A Clever Couple

In 1874, the palace was the birthplace of the duke’s most famous descendant, Winston Churchill, who was to become the UK’s Prime Minister (some would say Britain’s greatest 20th-century politician ) and Nobel Prize winner for literature. It is also in Blenheim that Winston got married to Clementine Hozier in 1908.

A lasting exhibition is devoted to the man’s life, work and writings. Winston and his wife are buried in Bladon Church within the palace.

Opening Hours & Admission

Blenheim is still the home of the 11th Duke of Marlborough and is therefore not open all year round (although the park is). The palace opens its doors to visitors from 12 February to 11 December. Entry to the palace, park and gardens cost £11.50 during the low season and £13 during the peak season (Easter weekend and from 28 May to 11 September), or £6/£8 for the park and gardens only.

The park is open all-year round from 9am to 4:45pm (last entry). Admission is £2.50 for adults and £1.50 for children.

Note that numerous discounts exist for seniors, students, children and groups. Please refer to the official website for more details.

24. What can be learned about Blenheim Palace?

A. It is the Europe’s largest and greatest palaces.

B. It is the largest royal building in England.

C. It is now one of the world’s heritage sites.

D. It was built in honor of Prime Minister Winston Churchill.

25. What does the underlined word “descendant” in the third paragraph mean?

A. A house keeper. B. A child or a child’s child.

C. A family doctor D. A grand parent

26. Why can not people visit Blenheim Palace all the year round?

A. They are too busy to afford the time.

B. Repairs are badly needed for the palace.

C. Some seasons are not convenient for visitors.

D. The 11th Duke of Marlborough still lives there.

27. If a couple and their five-year-old daughter visit the park, how much need they - 3 -

pay ?

A. £6.5 B.£7.5

C I miss the Internet. I know that, technically, the Internet still exists. But I miss the old days before money invaded the Internet—the early 2000s when I created the literary blog. Back then, nothing you did mattered. And that gave you freedom. Back then, the online book culture was run mostly by enthusiasts and amateurs, people who were creating blogs simply for the pleasure of it,rather than to build a career or a brand. Once advertisers showed up, offering to pay us to do the thing we were doing just for fun, it was very hard to say no. The problem with doing what you love as a day job is that you have to make compromises in order to make money. When you’re just an enthusiast, you can write about anything you want. Your only restriction is the limit of your curiosity. But you probably won’t get much attention. And in the world of online publishing, attention is everything. Your profit is linked directly to how many clicks and page views you got. In order to make enough money to run a real publication, you have to write about books everyone has already heard of. You have to narrow your conversation down to the one that is already happening elsewhere. It’s not just the publications that prefer these voices, it’s the readers themselves. I have given up making money on the site, and I would just shrug and continue to publish the voices I am interested in. I am lucky because I have a side business as a consultant, so the advertising dollars are not essential. But for those who do rely on this income, they have to adjust their coverage to their audience’s desires. There is a way to strike a balance: do the shallow things that you know will get money, and let that pay for your favorite projects.

A. a writer

C.£l1.5 D.£13 B. an advertiser C. an actor D. a teacher - 4 -

29. Why does the author miss the Internet in the early 2000s? A. He could earn a lot of money. B. He had free access to the Internet. C. His literary blog was very popular. D. His interest was not affected by money. 30. Which of the following could get the most clicks? A. Compositions written by students. B. Reports about advanced science. C. Articles about popular topics. D. Reviews about books few people have read. 31. What advice does the author give in the text?

A. Think twice before you act. B. Never do things against your will. C. Earn money to do your favorite things. D. Follow your dream until you achieve it.

D

Uganda’s lion population has fallen by 30 percent in the last ten years. Experts are warning that the big cats could soon disappear from the country. That could hurt Uganda’s important and money-making tourism industry.

We are in one of Uganda’s national parks. There are grasslands as far as the eye can see. And there are many travelers from around the world. They have woken up early -- before the sun rises -- and their camps are now empty. They are hunting, not with guns but with cameras.

Lions are growing harder to find throughout Uganda. Last month, the non-profit organization Wildlife Conservation Society said now only a little more than 400 lions remain in Uganda. That is one third less than ten years ago.

Tutilo Mudumba is a researcher with the Wildlife Conservation Society, or WCS. He says lions face many threats, such as hunters and local farmers. He says if no action is taken to reduce these threats, lions could one day disappear from Uganda. He said, “If nothing is done and the population keeps going down, then it will not be likely that we will have them. If they reduce by 30 percent every 10 years, then of course those are the number of years left for you to have zero.”

The disappearance of lions from Uganda could hurt the country’s economy. In 2006, the WCS studied the expectations and spending of visitors to Uganda. It found that each lion was worth $13,500 a year to the economy. The study also found that only 60 percent of tourists would still visit Uganda’s national parks if there were no lions left. The World Bank estimates tourism brought 1 billion dollars to Uganda’s economy last year.

32. How would the disappearance of lions affect Uganda?

A. No tourists would go there again. B. Its economy would break down.

D. The balance of nature would be C. It would greatly damage its tourism.

broken.

33. Where did the travelers go in the second paragraph?

A. They left to tour the large grasslands. B. They were hunting lions with guns.

C. They went out to search for lions.

went home.

34. How many lions were there in Uganda ten years ago?

A. About 600. B. About 500. C. About 450. D. About 800. D. They finished their trips and

35. Which of the following threatens lions in Uganda?

A. Too many tourists from abroad. B. Hunting by hunters and farmers.

C. Polluted environment in Uganda. D. Competition with other wild animals.

第二节 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)

根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出填入空白处的最佳选项并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余选项。

The next time you go into a bank, a store, or a supermarket, stop and listen. What do you hear? 36 It’s similar to the music you listen to, but it’s not exactly the same. That’s because this music was especially designed to relax you, or to give you extra energy. Sometimes you don’t even realize the music is playing, but you react to the music anyway.

Quiet background music used to be called “elevator (电梯) music” because we - 6 -

often heard it in elevators. But lately we hear it in more and more places, and it has a new name “muzak”. About one-third of the people in America listen to “muzak” every day. The music plays for 15 minutes at a time, with short pauses in between. It is always more lively between ten and eleven in the morning, and between three and four in the afternoon, when people are more tired. 37

If you listen to muzak carefully, you will probably recognize the names of many of the songs. Some musicians or songwriters don’t want their songs to be used as muzak, but others are happy when their songs are chosen. Why? 38

Music is often played in public places because it is designed to make people feel less lonely when they are in an airport or a hotel. It has been proven that muzak does what it is designed to do. Tired office workers suddenly have more energy when they hear the pleasant sound of muzak in the background. 39 Supermarket shoppers buy 38 percent more groceries.

40 They say it’s boring to hear the same songs all the time. But other people enjoy hearing muzak in public places. They say it helps them relax and feel calm. One way or another, muzak affects everyone. Some farmers even say their cows give more milk when they hear muzak!

A. Some people don’t like muzak.

B. The music gives them extra energy.

C. Music is playing in the background.

D. Factory workers produce 13 percent more.

E. Muzak tends to help people understand music better.

F. They get as much as $4 million a year if their songs are used.

G. Muzak is played in most of the big supermarkets in the world.

第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)

第一节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)

阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

Many years ago, I lost my wallet. My old car needed putting gas. After adding gas - 7 -

to my car, I paid and put my 41 on the bumper (保险杠) and drove off. Soon my phone 42 and a man asked me if I had 43 my wallet. I checked my purse and to my 44 , I had. He asked me to tell him how much money was in it. I 45 him. He then told me where to 46 my wallet. When I reached his 47 , I noticed his wheelchair and a slope(坡道)going up to the house. I thought that it might have been 48 for him to lower his body and pick up my wallet. I knocked on the door and he told me to come in. I 49 him for finding my wallet. 50 I didn’t want to insult (侮辱) him by offering money, I really felt like 51 something. So I asked him if there was anything I could do to repay his 52 , and he said, “Just pass it on.” I 53 I would.

Well, one does not find many wallets and so it was about ten years later that I found 54 lying on the ground. I almost stepped on it! It 55 me several days to find the young man to whom the wallet 56 . He lived in another state, about 60 miles away from 57 I found the wallet. I hated going through his wallet, but I 58 found his address through a note he had in it. When he called me back, we agreed to meet, so I could 59 his wallet.

He was actually surprised all his money was 60 in the wallet and he tried to hand me a $20 bill. I told him, “Thanks, but just pass it on.”

41. A. wallet

42. A. moved B. bag C. paper D. book B. disappeared C. rang D. sang

B. focused C. hidden D. 43. A. delivered

lost

44. A. anger

excitement B. delight C. horror D.

45. A. amused B. told C. convinced D. did

46. A. turn up B. bring up C. look up D. pick up

47. A. house B. school C. company D. station

48. A. easy

useful

49. A. presented B. thanked C. blamed D. paid - 8 - B. practical C. difficult D.

50. A. Before B. SinceC. While D. If

51. A. leaving B. saying

52. A. labor

support

53. A. promised

whispered

54. A. none B. that C. some D. one

B. cost C. wasted D. B. pronounced C. intended D. C. offering D. owning B. patience C. kindness D. 55. A. spent

took

56. A. referred

57. A. where B. belonged B. what C. reacted D. turned C. why

D. when D. 58. A. carefully

finally

59. A. pass B. therefore C. anxiously B. return C. circulate D. send

60. A. even

B. still C. never D. ever

第Ⅱ卷(非选择题;共50分)

注意: 将答案写在答题卡上。写在本试卷上无效。

第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)

第二节(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)

阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式,并将答案填写在答题卡上。

Qingdao lies in the east of Shandong Province. As we all know, it is an important port city and it is an economic and 61 (culture) center. It is also home to the Tsingtao Brewery and the 62 (large) international beer festival in China. Of course Qingdao is a very beautiful city, too. Many places around the city are well worth 63 (visit). Every year, the festival 64 (hold) on schedule. Millions of visitors 65 come from the world go to the city during the festival.

It is very convenient to go to Qingdao. It is 66 (rough) 560 kilometers from - 9 -

Beijing with an average travel time of one hour and 10 minutes by air and five hours 67 high-speed train. It is 693 kilometers from Shanghai, and 68 (take) about one hour and 25 minutes by air. There are also frequent direct 69 (flight) from Qingdao to the Republic of Korea and Japan. The city’s airport is connected with 61 domestic cities and 16 overseas cities, with more than 3,000 planes arriving 70 taking off each week. Warmly welcome to Qingdao!

第四部分 写作(共两节;满分35分)

第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。

删除:把多余的词用(\)划掉。

修改:在错的词下画—横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。

注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;

2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。

Many of us are familiar to the World Cup, a football competition which is popular among people in almost all nation. Do you know there is another football competition that was well known worldwide? It’s calling the Super Bowl and takes place every January in the USA. It is very different from the football we know. However, the more you know about them, the well you will like it. Each year the Super Bowl is played in different American city. This is of great important because it helps make sure that the game is fair. Now the Super Bowl is broadcast on TV all over the world. But if you want to see the Super Bowl lively, you had better to have a lot of money, since the ticket for the game is pretty expensive.

第二节 书面表达(满分25分)

假定你是李华,你在某国外社交网站上看到了澳大利亚学生James发的帖子。他希望结识中国的高中生,了解中国学生的学习和生活情况。请给他写封邮件,内容包括:

1. 自我介绍;2. 学习和生活情况;3. 邀请他来中国。

注意:

1. 词数100左右;

2. 可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯;

3. 开头与结尾已给出,不计入总词数。

Dear James,

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking forward to seeing you in China!

Yours,Li Hua - 11 -

2016——2017学年上期期末联考

高一英语试题答案

阅读理解(共20小题; 每小题2分,满分40分)

21--23 BDC 24--27 CBDA 28--31 ADCC 32--35 CCAB

36--40 CBFDA

完形填空(共20小题;每题1.5分,满分30分)

41--45 ACDCB 46--50 DACBC 51--55 CCADD 56--60 BADBB

语法填空(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)

61. cultural 62. largest 63. visiting 64. is held 65. who/that

66. roughly 67. by 68. takes 69. flights 70. and

短文改错(共10小题; 每题1分,共10分)

Many of us are familiar to the World Cup, a football competition which is

with

popular among people in almost all nation. Do you know there is another

nations

football competition that was well known worldwide? It’s calling the Super

is called

Bowl and takes place every January in the USA. It is very different from the football

we know. However, the more you know about them, the well you will it better

like it. Each year the Super Bowl is played in ∧different American city. This

a

is of great important because it helps make sure that the game is fair. Now the

importance

Bowl lively, you had better to have a lot of money, since the ticket for live

the game is pretty expensive.

书面表达(满分25分)

One possible version:

Dear James,

My name is Li Hua, a senior school student. I read your post on a social website and I am glad to know that you are interested in the life and study of Chinese students.

Generally speaking, our life is stressful. Faced with the pressure from the College Entrance Examination, we all work very hard. However, we do have a rich and colorful school life. In school, we have a variety of activities, such as speech contests and singing competitions. After school, we often do voluntary work to serve the community, through which we gain some social experience and happiness. I hope you can come and study with us, experiencing our life in person.

Looking forward to seeing you in China!

Yours,

Li Hua

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:人教版高中数学必修4课后习题答案详细版
  • 下一篇:万能作文开头