2016年暑期复习课程新高二第一阶段测试题

2016年暑期复习课程新高二第一阶段测试题

总分 110考试时间 120 分钟

姓名_________总分__________

第一节英语知识综合运用(共30分)

1. In _________ 1860s, the Italian archaeologist Giuseppe Fiorelli was made ___________ director of the Pompeii dig.

A. the; / B. the; theC. /; /D. /; the

2. The new shopping mall will be located in _______ used to be a wasteland and a huge garden will be constructed _______ there were numbers of tombs.

A. where; whereB. which; in which C. what; whereD. which; where

3. After _______ seemed to be a long time, he woke up and found himself lying in bed.

A. it B. which C. thatD. what

4. It is time for humans to reconsider _________ seriously ________ nuclear power should be developed.

A. that; howB. it; if C. it; whetherD. that; why

5. The news spread quickly through the campus _______ we would have a longer holiday, _______ made all the students wild with joy.

A. which; thatB. that; whatC. that; whichD. what; which

6.The theft division ___________ white collar crime, property crime and anything to do with embezzlements.

A. threatens B. supplies C. investigates D. defends

7.The Rare Wildlife Rescue and Breeding Research Center in Xi’an is criticized for making money by __________ injured pandas.

A. complaining

A. more than B. displaying B. rather thanC. applaudingC. other thanD. inspectingD. better than 8.The designers of supermarkets can make customers buy one product __________ another.

9. It is ________ difficult for us to do ________ much work. We need more hands.

A. so; suchB. so; soC. such; so D. such; such

10. Every night School security guards ___________ will check whether the door of each classroom is well locked or not.

A. on footB. on purpose C. on show D. on patrol

11. —You have left the light on.

—Oh, so I have. ________ and turn it off.

A. I’ll goB. I have goneC. I’m going toD. I go

12. It was years later, with years of experience behind him, ________ Moses became a successful film director.

A. asB. which C. when D. that

13. The doctor came out and said the operation was well finished. The parents smiled _______ and their

nervousness disappeared.

A. in reality B. in danger C. in turn D. in relief

14. Summer is approaching. It’s time you _______ some new pieces to your wardrobe.

A. will add B. have added C. added D. add

15. Great changes have taken place in that school. It is no longer _______ it was 20 years ago, ______ it was so poorly equipped.

A. what; when B. that; which C. what; which D. which; that

16. They sold their house for only 550,000 yuan, so the buyer got a good _______.

A. fancy

night.

A. as ifB. ever sinceC. even if D. only if

18. — I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays.

— That’s ______ I disagree. You should have a more active life.

A. where B. how C. when D. what

19. When it ____________ high technology, he is completely at a loss.

A. appeals to B. happens to C. comes to D. reacts to

20. It’s beyond my comprehension why Tim is still living in constant fear of being __________ from his position.

A. discouraged B. commented C. recommended D. removed

21. I will never forget the place and the time_____ I spent with my Australian friends in the countryside.

A. that

match..

A. hung upB. hung down C. hung on D. hung out

23. Staff are allowed to take a ten-minute break ______ to relax, use the bathroom or do _____ else is necessary.

A. every two hours; something B. each second hour; anything

C. every other hour; whatD. every second hour; whatever

24. He said____ he liked rain very much and _____he wouldn’t use umbrella when it was raining.

A. that; \ B. \; that C. whether; that D. that; what

25. — I haven’t seen Mike for some time. What ______ to him?

—He’s got crazy and has ended in hospital.

A. should have happened B. can have happened

C. may have happened D. must have happened

26. — When can I have a holiday?

— If you work hard, I promise you ______ have one next month.

A. would

A. wet; tired

A. which; was

B. approach C. relief D. bargain 17. John makes up his mind to get a seat for the football match ____________ it means standing in a queue all B. whereC. whenD. in which 22. Though she was much older than the other players, Zhang Ning _________ to win the gold medal in the final B. should C. shall D. must 27.It was raining heavily when the traveler walked into the restaurant,_______and______. B. wet; tiring C. wetly; tired D. wetly; tiring B. that; were C. which; were 2 28. It was not until he came back _____ he knew the police _______ looking for him. D. that; was

29. With your efforts ________, you are more likely to achieve your goal.

A. multiplying B. multiplied C. are multiplying D. multiply 30. ----We’d like you to start work tomorrow if possible.

----I’m sorry, but I can’t possibly start until Monday._____________? A. Do you agree with me? B. Is that a good idea? C. Do you think I’m right? D. Will that do?

第二节 完型填空(共20分)

Moving away from home is both a good and a sad thing. It is every child’s and every parent’s goal to One Sunday in August, my son and I worked to country after twenty years of living under my roof. We started early, but our work went slowly into the afternoon.

playing the unhappy thoughts about his departure, I completely forgot about the game. Just then, my son called, “Dad, come on in. Let’s watch the rest of the game.” Looking at his red-colored eyes, I passage of time and that he, too, wanted to share one last .

we found the Cardinals losing 3—1. “How come? They won the champion last season.” He whispered with doubt. “That’s fine,” I , wanting so much to keep this last moment before he left. “Let’s watch anyway.”

Then came The Cardinals took the lead. In that one moment we were transformed, excitedly jumping up and down and experiencing I imagine happening on that bittersweet of that day was replaced by enjoying an exciting baseball game. It was a wonderful feeling right. And then he left.

just like my son as he off that afternoon to start a new chapter in his life. 31.A. success 32.A. prepare 33.A. If

B. happiness B. decorate B. Because

C. separation C. park C. As

D. recognition D. fix D. Though D. Ashamed of D. frequently D. difficult D. attention D. embarrassed D. argued D. challenge D. joy D. still D. tiredness D. magical

34.A. Amazed by 35.A. regularly 36.A. rapid

37.A. hesitation 38.A. amused 40.A. surprise 41.A. shock 42.A. never 44.A. crazy

B. Absorbed in B. immediately B. pleasant B. excited B. conflict B. always B. sadness B. tough

B. permission B. comforted B. comfort

C. Annoyed by C. shortly C. slow

C. invitation C. disappointed C. agreed C. question C. trust C. seldom C. hope C. exact

39.A. complained

43.A. pleasure

45.A. flew B. taxied C. drove D. walked

第三节 阅读理解 (共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

Singles Day falls on every November 11th, and as the name indicates, this relatively new holiday is one exclusively for people who are still living the single life. I was a bit surprised when I googled “Singles Day” on the Internet, to find that China is the only country in the world that has set aside a special day for singles to celebrate their lives. To find out more about this celebration, please read on.

An old story goes that once there were four single men, leading very boring lives. None of them were married, or had lovers, or did anything exciting. They just sat around all day and played Mahjong.

One day they played Mahjong from 11 in the morning until 11 at night. During the game, no matter who won, the winning card was always the “four columns” card (the card shows four independent, parallel columns in two lines). Even more of a coincidence, it was Nov 11, or 11/11. In order to celebrate the day, they nicknamed it Singles Day.

Singles Day was first celebrated at various universities in Nanjing, capital city of Jiangsu Province during the 1990s. It got the name Singles Day because the date consists of four “ones”. These college students have since graduated, and carried their university tradition into society. Singles Day is now a special day for all fashionable youths.

The main way to celebrate Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends, but it’s important that each person pay their own fee to show their independence. People also hold “blind date” parties in an attempt to say goodbye to their single lives.

Many singles also choose to say goodbye to their single lives on this day. Many attend “blind date” parties and many people choose to marry on this day. In addition to meaning “single” the four “ones” of the date can also mean “only one” as in “the only one for me.” Some people will use this date and this meaning to tell their special someone that they are the only “one” in their heart.

46. Singles Day got its name because _______.

A. the persons who play Mahjong are four singles

B. only single persons celebrate the day

C. the date consists of four “ones”

D. it was first celebrated at universities in Nanjing

47. Which of the following is wrong?

A. Singles Day was first celebrated in Nanjing’s universities.

B. The only way to celebrate the Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends.

C. Many singles choose Singles Day to say goodbye to their single lives.

D. It was these college graduated students that carried their university’s tradition into society.

48. We can infer from the passage that ______.

A. Singles Day receives great popularity among young people

B. the four singles did not get married

C. when having dinner, one pays the fee for all his friends

D. on Singles Day many attend parties where blind people were present

49. What is the best title for the passage?

A. The Origin of Singles Day.

B

Usually, when your teacher asks a question, there is only one correct answer. But there is one question that has millions of correct answers. That question is “What’s your name?” Everyone gives a different answer, but everyone is correct.

Have you ever wondered about people’s names? Where do they come from? What do they mean?

People’s first names, or given names, are chosen by their parents. Sometimes the name of a grandparent or other member of the family is used. Some parents choose the name of a well-known person. A boy could be named George Washington Smith; a girl could be named Helen Keller Jones.

Some people give their children names that mean good things. Clara means “bright”; Beatrice means “one who gives happiness”; Donald means “world ruler”; Leonard means “as brave as a lion”.

The earliest last names, or surnames, were taken from place names. A family with the name Brook or Brooks probably lived near brook(小溪);someone who was called Longstreet probably lived on a long, paved road. The Greenwood family lived in or near a leafy forest.

Other early surnames came from people’s occupations. The most common occupational name is Smith, which means a person who makes things with iron or other metals. In the past, smiths were very important workers in every town and village. Some other occupational names are: Carter — a person who owned or drove a cart; Potter —a person who made pots and pans.

The ancestors of the Baker family probably baked bread for their neighbors in their native village. The Carpenter’s great-great-great-grandfather probably built houses and furniture.

Sometimes people were known for the color of their hair or skin, or their size, or their special abilities. When there were two men who were named John in the same village, the John with the gray hair probably became John Gray. Or the John was very tall could call himself John Tallman. John Fish was probably an excellent swimmer and John Lightfoot was probably a fast runner or a good dancer.

Some family names were made by adding something to the father’s name. English-speaking people added –s or –son. The Johnsons are of John; the Roberts family’s ancestor was Robert. Irish and Scottish people added Mac or Mc or O. Perhaps all of the MacDonnells and the McDonnells and the O’Donnells are descendants of the same Donnell.

50. Which of the following aspects do the surnames in the passage NOT cover?

A. Places where people lived.

C. Talents that people possessed.D. People’s characters. w_w w. k#s5_u.c o*mB. Singles Day. C. How to Celebrate Singles Day. D. Say Goodbye to Singles Day. B. People’s occupations.

51. Suppose and English couple whose ancestors lived near a leafy forest wanted their new-born

son to become a world leader, the baby might be named _______.

A. Beatrice SmithB. Donald Greenwood C. George Longstreet D. Leonard Carter

52. The underlined word “descendants” in the last paragraph means a person’s _____.

A. later sponsors

B. friends and relatives D. later generations 5 C. colleagues and partners

C

“REMOVE from friends.”

This is no ordinary button. One click and I have the power to erase a person from my life.

In late fall, I had around 400 friends on Facebook. Today, I have 134.

Click. Make that 133.

When Facebook first entered my life in 2005, I panicked that my friend count was too low. If I wasn’t properly connected, how would anyone see my clever quote(引语)? Who would wish me a happy birthday? I accepted and sent out friend requests without a second thought and soon accumulated 391 friends.

There is an appeal to being able to communicate with someone or just “thumbs up” a photo rather than make real conversation.

“It’s comforting and it’s easy,” said Larry Rosen, a psychology professor at California State University, who studies the way people communicate online.” There’s a sense of belonging in it. It’s a sense of community in a generation where community has sort of (有点)disappeared.”

However, I don’t talk to half of these people in the online community. There are some I would avoid if I met them on the street.

Click. 132.

I decided to rid my account of any “friend” that…well, wasn’t. Sound easy? You try it.

Look at who you’re dealing with: family, friends, classmates, crushes(爱恋的对象), acquaintances… With every click of the “Remove from friends” button, you risk burning a bridge, losing a contact and missing an opportunity. So every time I go to click the button, my heart hurts. The New Oxford

American Dictionary announces its “Word of the Year” each year, and last year, “unfriend” made the cut (入围) (though I’ll still stick with “defriend”).

When I started my mission(任务), a few friends joined. Most were surprised by how easily they could cut hundreds of connections without thinking twice.

“Oh my God, I defriended like 600 people today. I feel so good!” my friend Sarah messaged.

Dana, a close friend from high school, and I battled it out to see who could get our counts lower. She wins at 123.

To some, it’s poor “netiquette(网络礼仪)” to defriend. But to me, it’s the stage of life when we hold onto the people who count, the people who impact you.

53. According to the article, what happens when you click the “Remove form friends” button?

A. The number of your online friends is reduced.

B. A message is sent out to your online friends.

C. You accept someone as your online friend.

D. You send out a friend request to people.

54. The writer worried about her friend count in 2005 because ______.

A. no one would wish her a happy birthday

B .it was the first time she had made friends online

C. she was eager to make connections

D. she had only 391 online friends at that time

55. Which of the following is the best description of the underlined sentence?

A. Some friends cut the number of their online friends just like I did.

B. I made new friends online while I removed some old ones.

C. We competed to see who could remove the most online friends.

D. When someone removed me from a friends’ list, I removed him/her.

D

GET YOUR DEGREE AT HOME!

Have you ever wondered what a Degree might be worth to you in your job or career(事业)? It means that a lot of Americans with an Associate Degree average nearly $10,000 more in yearly earnings than those with just a High School Diploma(文凭).

Harcourt Learning Direct offers you a way to get a Specialized Associate Degree in 11 of today’s growing fields without having to go to college full time. With Harcourt, you study at home, in your spare time-so you don’t have to give up your present job while you train for a better one. Choose from exciting majors like Business Management, Accounting, Dressmaking &Design, Bookkeeping, Photography, Computer Science, Engineering, and more! Your training includes everything you need! Books, lessons, learning aids-even professional-quality tools and equipment-everything you need to master your training and move ahead to a new career is included in the low tuition(学费) price you pay. Most importantly, your education is nationally recognized! Nearly 2, 000 American companies-including General Electric, IBM, Mobile, General Motors, Ford, and many others have used our training for their employees. If companies like these recognize the value of our training, you can be sure that employees in your area will, too!

Earn your degree in as little as two years! Get a career diploma in just six months! The career of your dreams is closer than you think! Even if you have no experience before, you can get valuable job skills in today’s hottest fields! Step-by-step lessons make learning easy. Prepare for promotions(提升), pay raises, even start a business of your own! Send today for FREE information about Harcourt at home training!

Simply fill in your name and address on the coupon(票券) above. Then write in the name and number of the one program you’re most interested in, and mail it today. We’ll rush your free information about how you can take advantage of the opportunities(机会) in the field you’ve chosen. Act today!

Mail coupon today! Or call the number below 1-800-372-1589. Call any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. www. Harcourt-learning. com. E-mail:Harcourt@learning. com.

56. This advertisement is meant to persuade people into ________.

A. earning their degrees in different ways that suit them

B. working part time to further their education

C. improving their education at home to get better jobs

D. giving up their present jobs to attend a university

57. Which of the following is NOT true according to this advertisement?

A. You can study at home in your spare time with Harcourt-learning.

B. You can get valuable job skills in a very short time through the training. C. You are required to pay very low tuition fees if you want to attend the training.

D. You can surely get a job promotion after taking part in Harcourt’s training.

58. Which of the following is true according to this advertisement?

A. This education will cost you many years.

B. Applying for this education just seems to be a easy work.

C. If people want some information about the opportunity in the field, you must pay for it.

D. People can visit information online, have a call, or sent emails to this company.

59. The author mentions General Electric, IBM, Ford, etc. as examples to ________.

A. show that their training is widely used in the country.

B. show that the training program is fully supported by famous companies in the U. S.

C. prove the value of their training in every area.

D. show the importance of getting recognized by the most famous companies.

60. It seems to the writer that what most attracts people to take their training is______.

A. the economic benefit it will bring about

B. the degree’s nation-wide recognition

C. the convenience of learning

D. the hot fields the training will help people to enter

第四部分 任务型阅读(共10小题,每小题1分,共10分)

Self-motivation is a great way for doing things better in life. Exercising not only helps you to stay fit, but also freshens up your body from within. Despite being aware of the benefits of exercise, people fail to put it in their lives, because their motivation is very limited.

An optimistic attitude will not only help you to try continuously, but also make sure you fight all possible difficulties easily. On the other hand, a pessimistic attitude will show you only the bad in what you want to do, stopping your will to try at the very beginning.

To be determined about something takes a lot of courage. It’s very easy to give up and everyone can do it. To continuously keep at it, putting in the same efforts all the time, takes courage. Be determined to lose weight. Tell yourself you have to do it.

If your role model has been in your mind, then you are very likely to follow him or her. So why not follow the path by which they have got an envious figure?

Always feel good about where you work out. This way you will be regular with your workout schedule, gradually noticing the positive effects it has on you. This makes sure that you think your surroundings positively in your mind and that your probability of visiting it increases.

Every time you lose a decided number of pounds, congratulate yourself, relax your muscles or shop for

relaxation.

If you have a fast-paced lifestyle, you won’t even realize when time flies by. By exercising regularly, you’re adding more years to your life. A long life is the best motivation, isn’t it?

Apart from all these things, you must set a goal and encourage all your energy towards achieving it. Last but not least, it’s very important that you enjoy what you are doing, whether it’s working out at the gym, or practicing yoga at home.

第五节 书面表达(满分20分)

假如你是李丽,你的网友张梅最近因参加演讲比赛被淘汰感到很难过,请你给她写一封信,表示理解并给予安慰。内容包括:

1.安慰;讲述自己同样的经历,感悟(胜利并不是全部,重要的是自己参与了,并尽力了)。

2. 提出建议(树立自信,……)

注意:1. 字数100词左右。 2.短文的开头和结尾已给出,不计字数。

Dear Zhang Mei,

I am very sorry that you were out of the speech contest

10 Yours, Li Li

2016年暑期新高二第一阶段测试题

单选

1-5 ACDCC

完形填空

31—45 CACBB DACBA DABDC

阅读理解

46—49 CBAB 50---52 DBD 53---55 ACA

任务型阅读

56. motivate 57. enough 58. difficulty /trouble 59. Determined 60.example

61. likely 62. lost63. regular64. Set 65. counts/matters

单词拼写

66.Personally 67.absence 68.injured 69.convenience 70.meant

71.intelligence 72.analysis 73. attempts 74.budget 75.precious

书面表达 It’s normal that you are discouraged. Two years ago, I had the same experience as you, but I was not defeated. I learned a lot from it, such as speech skills and how to attract the audience. I hold the belief that winning isn’t everything. It is that I have taken part in it and tried my best that counts.

It’s high time you cheered up and believed in yourself. Don’t take this failure seriously, for it is a little accident in your life. Meanwhile, you’d better learn some speech skills and try to improve yourself.

Hope you will recover from the sadness soon.

6-10 CBBAD 11-15 ADDCA 16—30 DCACD ACDBB CABBD

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:14年课标英语作文
  • 下一篇:make a difference