2016~2017学年度上学期期末考试

高二英语试卷

考试时间120分钟 试题分数 150

第一部分:听力 第一节

1. Whose wallet probably is it?

A. the woman?sB. The man?sC. Gina?s

2.What is the date today?

A. May 1st B. May 2ndC. May 3rd

3.Who made the woman?s personal web page?

A. She herself B. Her friend.C. The man

4. What are the speakers mainly talking about?

A. A townB. An accident C. A murder

5. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?

A. Relatives.B. Colleagues.C. Neighbors.

第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)

6. What is the man doing?

A. Watching TVB. Listening to the radio.C. Reading the newspaper

7. Why are the rich and famous targets for being talked about according to the man?

A. The public are interested in them.B. The public want to laugh at them.

C. The public want to make them famous.

听第7段材料,回答第8-10题。

8. Why does the man look sad?A. He had to stop his study.B. He failed his test again.

C. He couldn?t understand the foreigners.

9. How did the woman improve her French?

A. By reading French newspapers B. By watching French films. C. By speaking to herself. 10. What does the woman suggest the man do?

A. Be confident. B. Talk with foreigners C. Ask the teacher for advice. 听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。

11. What are the speakers mainly talking about?

A. A basketball game. B. A volleyball game. C. A football game.

12. Where did the man go to last night?

A. A club. B. A stadium .C. A meeting.

13. What did the audience think of the game?

A. ExcitingB. Dangerous C. Unbelievable

听第9段材料,回答第14至16题。

14. What does the woman think of the pink dress?

A. very cheap B. very dull C. of good quality

15. What color of the sweater does the man recommend?

A. White .B. Purple C. Black

16. What kind of jacket does the woman want ?

A. a leather one B. a light one C. an expensive one

听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。

17. What was Professor Rudd?s trouble?

A. lack of confidenceB. lack of intelligence . C. absent-mindedness

18. What did the professor decided to do one hot summer day?

A. Visit his children who live near the beach.

B. Have a holiday with his children on the beach.

C. Take his children to visit his friend in a seaside town. 19. What happened to the professor when he arrived at the station?

A. he couldn?t contact his friend.

C. he couldn?t remember the destination.

20. Why did the professor come back home for the 2nd time?

A. he forgot his friend?s address.B. he lost the paper his wife had given him.

C. he forgot to take the train tickets with him.

第二部分:阅读理解( 共 2 节,满分40分)

第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

A

It was Molly?s job to hand her father his brown paper lunch bag each morning before he headed off to work.

One morning,in addition to his usual lunch bag, Molly handed him a second paper bag. This one was worn and held together with staples(书钉).“Why two bags?” her father asked. “The other is something else” Molly answered.“What?s in it?” “Just some stuff.Take it with you.” Not wanting to discuss the matter, he put both sacks(bags) into his briefcase, kissed Molly and rushed off.At midday he opened Molly?s bag and took out the contents:two hair ribbons,three small stones,a plastic dinosaur,a tiny sea shell,a small doll,and 13 pennies...The busy father smiled,finished eating,and swept the desk clean B. He couldn?t find his train tickets.

into the wastebasket, Molly?s stuff included.

That evening,Molly ran up behind him as he read the paper.”Where?s my bag?” “What bag?” “The one I gave you this morning” “I left it at the office, why ?” “I forgot to put this note in it” she said. “And,besides,Daddy,the things in the sack are the things I really like.I thought you might like to play with them.You didn?t lose the bag,did you,Daddy?” “Oh,no” he said,lying. “I just forgot to bring it home.I?ll bring it back tomorrow” While Molly hugged her father?s neck,he unfolded the note that read” I love you,Daddy.” Molly had given him her treasures-all that a 7-year-old held dear.

Love in a paper bag,and he missed it-not only missed it, but had thrown it in the wastebasket. So back he went to the office. Just ahead of the night janitor(看门人), he picked up the bag from the wastebasket. He put the treasures inside and carried it home carefully. The bag didn't look so good, but the stuff was all there and that?s what counted.

After dinner, he asked Molly to tell him about the stuff in the sack. It took a long time to tell. Everything had a story or a memory. “Sometimes I think of all the great times in this sweet life,” he thought.

We should all remember that it?s not the destination that counts in life, but the journey. That journey with the people we love is all that really matters. It is such a simple truth but it is so easily forgotten.

21.What did Molly give her father a second bag for?

A.She didn?t want to keep the things in the bag.

B.She hoped those things would bring happiness to her father.

C.She wanted to remind her father of the stories behind the things.

D.She enjoyed playing with her father.

22.After Father heard what his daughter said, A.regretfulB.surprised C.sad D. satisfied

23. Which of the following is the most suitable title of the passage?

A.An Important Journey B.Two Bags

C.Father and Daughter D.Love in a Paper Bag

B

Betty Friedan, born in 1921 in Peoria, Illinois, attended Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.She finished her studies in psychology in 1942. After college she attended the University of California at Berkeley to continue her studies. Later, she moved to New York City and worked as a reporter

and editor for labor union newspapers.

In 1947, Betty married Carl Friedan. They had a child, the first of three.When Betty Friedan became pregnant for the second time, she was dismissed from her job at the newspaper.After that she worked as an independent reporter for magazines. But her editors often rejected her attempts to write about subjects outside the traditional interests of women.

In 1966, Betty Friedan helped found NOW, the National Organization for Women.She served as its first president. She led campaigns to end unfair treatment of women seeking jobs.She wanted women to take part in social and political change.Betty Friedan led a huge demonstration(游行) in New York City for women's rights. Demonstrations were also held in other cities.

In 1981, Betty Friedan wrote a book called "The Second Stage" about the condition of the women's movement. Friedan wrote that the time for huge demonstrations and other such events had passed.She urged the movement to try to increase its influence on American political life.Some younger members of the movement criticized her as too conservative.

Betty Friedan died on February 4, 2006. She was considered the mother of modern women's liberation movement.Betty Friedan once told a television reporter how she wanted to be remembered: ??She helps make women feel better about being women.”

A.she was pregnantC.her editors didn't like her B.she got married D.she was too independent

A.fight against the government C.take part in political life B.fight for women's rights D.get support from the government

A. was popular among young women readers B. thought highly of those huge demonstrations C. was about the condition of the women's movement then D. decreased the movement's influence on American political life

A.Betty helped women live better C.Betty thought it better to be a woman B.Betty wanted to be remembered forever D.the television reporter knew Betty well

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:2016-2017学年高一英语期末试卷及答案
  • 下一篇:人教版高中英语单词表必修二