2016-2017学年译林牛津版九年级上期末考试英语试卷及答案

九年级上学期期末考试英语试卷

(满分:120分;考试时间:100分钟)

说明:

1.本试卷分第I卷和第II卷两部分;

2.答题前,考生务必将本人的姓名、准考证号填写在答题卡相应的位置上。

3.选择题每小题选出答案后,请用2B铅笔在答题卡指定区域填涂,如需改动,用橡皮擦干净后,再填涂其它答案。非选择题请用0.5毫米的黑色签字笔在答题卡指定区域作答,在试卷或草稿纸上作答一律无效。考试结束后,请将答题卡交回。

第Ⅰ卷(选择题60分)

一、单项选择(共15小题;每小题1分,计15分)

在下列各题A、B、C、D四个选项中选择一个能填入题干空白处的最佳答案。 1. The book is________ interesting________ I can’t even drop it for a minute.A. such; thatB. so;thatC. /; such D. such; as 2. ---He didn’t catch the train, did he?

-- _________, because he was caught in the rain. A. No, he didn’t

B. Yes, he did

C. No, he did

D. Yes, he didn’t

3. We should try to prevent air pollution__________. A. from living a better lifeC. live a better lifeA. have begunA. catchA. if

B. to live a better lifeD. lives a better life

C. has been on

D. had been on

4. When I got to the cinema, the film________ for 15 minutes.

B. had begun B. hold

5. The lady spoke loudly in public so as to__________ others’ attention.

C. makeC. that

D. have

6. I am not sure _______the Chinese football team has won in the 16th Asian Cup or not.

B. whether

D. as

D. broke into D. to be likely

7. Yesterday a thief_________ the bank and helped himself to millions of money. A. broke in

B. broke upB. to be like

C. broke out

8. The young man with long yellow hair is most _________ the murderer. A. like to be

C.likely to be

9. ---What do you think of the film called One Step Beyond? --- I think this is the least wonderful film _______ I have ever seen. A. thatA. with; for

B. who

C. whomC. with; of

D. what D. about; for D. has gone to

10. He was charged_______ robbing the old man ________ his money.

B. about; ofB. has been to

11. Nobody except Eddie and Hobo_________ Brisbane before. A. have been to

C. have gone to

12. --I have a letter ________, but I’m too busy.

--Why not have your cousin_______ it for you? A. to post; post

B. posted; post

C. to post; to post

D. posted; to post

13. --I would rather_________ than dance. What about you? ---I prefer________. A. sing; to dance

B. sing; dance

C. singing; to dancing

D. singing; to dance

14. ---I wonder if it is going to rain next week. ---If it_________, I have to stay at home. A. is

B. does

C. do

D. will

15. ---I am very worried about tomorrow’s math test. I am afraid I can’t pass this time.

--___________! I’m sure you’ll be successful. A. No problem

B. Cheer up

C. That’s right

D. Don’t mention it

通读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后在各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳选项。 One sunny afternoon, a seven-year-old girl went for a walk. She crossed a large area of grassland into the woods she realized that she was lost.

Sitting on a rock and what to do, she began crying. After a while,to walk along a path with tall trees and thick bushes. When it was getting dark, she saw a small, dark wooden house. She opened the door and entered. Suddenly, she heard a strange noise, and she ran out of the door and back to the . Cold and tired, she fell asleep near a stream(小溪).

The girl’s parents were out and her dog, Laddy, was at home. Laddy sensed that his mistress(女主人)was in danger. He jumped 21 a window, breaking the glass. He looked in the fields. But he couldn’t find his mistress anywhere. However, from the ground came a scent (气味) as he lowered his head. He the scent and walked across the grassland. Barking into the air, the dog through the woods until he found the . But the girl was not there, so he headed back to the woods. Much to his delight, he saw his mistress’ blue shirt in the distance. He over some bushes and saw the little stream, where the girl was When she opened her eyes and her dog standing beside her, the girl said, “you me, Laddy,” and she kissed him several times. Seeing their daughter and dog coming back, the parents were happy. That night Laddy had a hero’s supper: a huge meal of pork. 16. A. before 17. A. wondering 18. A. preferred 19. A. carelessly 20. A. trees 21. A. at

22. A. terrible 23. A. missed 24. A. calmly

B. since

C. while

D. as

D. repeating D. decided

D. unwillingly D. grasses D. familiar D. noticed D. gently D. travelled

B. forgetting B. refused B. carefully B. bushes

C. remembering

C. failed C. hopelessly C. woods

C. pleasant C. followed C. happily C. looked

B. through C. in D. onto

B. strange B. discovered B. loudly B. found

25. A. searched

26. A. window

27. A. jumped

28. A. awake

B. girl B. afraid C. house D. hero D. flew B. climbed B. watched B. comforted C. walked C. heard C. savedC. available D. asleep D. saw D. scared 29. A. listened 30. A. disturbed

三、阅读理解(共l5小题;每小题2分,计30分)

阅读下列内容,从每小题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。

A

BBC News on TV, radio and online often brings you stories from across the world. Today we can hear “Life in China”. Have you got a story about life in China today? If you do, please put your stories here.

Wu

Anhui

Peng, I am a 14-year-old boy from a poor village in Anhui Province. Like many other left-behind children in China, I live with my

grandparents now. My parents went to work in Shanghai several

years ago. They call me twice a month to ask about my study. I

really miss my parents and I hope I can go to school in Shanghai. I

Cindy,

Shenzhen think every child needs parents’ love and care. I like traveling and I have traveled a lot around China. During the trip, I often find that a number of Chinese often break the rules

in public. For example, when I traveled in Hong Kong this year, I

saw a kid eating noodles on the underground, which was against the

rules. However, the kid’s mother didn’t think she did wrong. Can

Mike,

Shanghai

you believe it? Let’s improve our public manners. These days, we’re asked to “clear our plates” when having our meals and say no to wasting. Some of us used to order more than

what we could eat. That was a big waste of food. Now we need to

finish the food we order. We should also stop wasting in some other

ways. For example, we should turn off the lights when we leave the

classroom.

B. On the telephone. D. By sending text messages. C. Wu Peng. D. The kid’s mother 31. How does Wu Peng contact his parents according to the passage? A. By writing letters. C. On the Internet.A. Cindy. 32. Who thought it was not right to eat on the underground? B. Mike.

33. What does Mike want people to do?

A. Care about left-behind children B. Obey the rules in public.

C. Improve their public manners D. Stop wasting

B

In choosing a friend, one should be very careful. A good friend can help you study. You can have fun together and make each other happy. Sometimes you will meet fair-weather friends. They will be with you only if you have money or luck, but when you are down, they will run away. How do I know when I have found a good friend? I look for certain qualities of characteristic, especially understanding, honesty and reliability (可靠).

Above all else, I look for understanding in a friend. A good friend tries to understand how another person is feeling. He is not quick to give his opinion. Instead, he tries to learn from others. He puts himself in the other person's place, and he tries to think of ways to be helpful. He is also a good listener.

At the same time, however, a good friend is honest. He does not look for faults (过错) in others. He notices their good points. In short, a friend will try to understand me and accept me.

Another quality of a friend is reliability. I can always depend on (信赖) a good friend. If he tells me he will meet me somewhere at a certain time, I can be sure that he will be there. If I need help, he will do his best to help me. If I am in trouble, he will not run away from me.

There is a fourth quality that makes a friend special. A special friend is someone with whom we can have fun. We should enjoy our lives, and we would enjoy our friendship. That is why I especially like friends who are fun to be with. A good friend likes the same things I like. We share experience (经验) and learn from each other. A good friend has a good sense of humour, too. He likes to laugh with me. That is how we share in the joy of being friends. And I know that he is looking for the same quality in me.

When I meet someone who is reliable, honest, and understanding, I know I've found a friend!

34. Which of the following qualities the writer thinks is the most important in choosing a friend?

A. understanding. B. honesty.

C. reliability. D. a sense of humour.

35. If you have fair-weather friends, ______ .

A. they will give you all that they have when you need help

B. you will be refused when you get into trouble

C. you will become rich

D. you can be sure that you get real friends

36. Good friends need to ______.

A. always point out each other's mistakes B. be helped with money

C. understand each other's feelings D. have money or luck

37. This passage mainly discuss ______ .

A. the qualities of a friend B. where to choose friends

C. how to get along with friends D. the importance of having a friend

C

Nearly eight hundred million people in this world cannot read or write, most of them in developing countries. Two-thirds are women and girls.

John Wood who started the Room to Read campaign(运动), has opened 1,650 schools and 15,000 libraries in some of the world’s poorest communities(社区). He said that from the

beginning, Room to Read’s goal was to reach 10 million children around the world in the poorest countries.

In 1998, on a three-week vacation journey in Nepal, Wood met a local headmaster who invited him to visit his school in a far mountain village. The experience changed Wood’s life.

“This headmaster had 450 students at the school, but he didn’t have any books,” Wood said.” He had a library that was empty.”

Wood promised to fill the library shelves and returned to the village year later with some of his friends with 3,000 books. And that was just the start. Later, Wood used some of his personal money to start Room to Read. He believes that world change begins with educated children. Today, the programme can be found in 10 countries across Asia and Africa.

Wood believes the key to the program’s success is local support .While Room to Read gives away money and provides books, communities offer land and parents help build the school. Agnes, a Room to Read teacher in Zambia who also runs the library, is proud to say school has improved. Room to Read’s biggest challenge is the huge need. Hundreds of communities have asked for literacy programmes. One way of Room to Read’s success is that it will achieve Wood’s goal of reaching 10 million kids by 2015, five years earlier than it is planned.

38. The purpose of the Room to Read campaign is to __________.

A. ask parents to read together with their children

B. help poor children to learn to read and write

C. tell more people the importance of reading

D. help 10 million children to go to college

39. When John Wood travelled in Nepal in 1998, he __________.

A. visited many local schoolsB. sent many books to local children

C. started the Room to Read campaignD. met a man who changed his life

40. The underlined part “the literacy” in the last paragraph refers to(指的是)__________.

A. the teaching conditions B. the teaching quality

C. students’ ability to read and write D. the money teachers earn every month

41. John Wood is a person that is ____________.

A. helpful and generous B. honest and brave C. careless but active D. strict but friendly

D

Close contacts between Japan and the rest of the world were created in the twentieth century. In the last forty years, business contacts between Japan and the West have become very important. Many foreign companies now have offices in Japan and Japanese businessmen do business around the world. Differences between Japanese and Western ways of doing business, however, often The American businessman, for example, wants to start talking business immediately. He does not want to wait. The Japanese businessman, on the other hand, likes to arrive at decisions after giving them serious thought. Another thing foreign businessmen have difficulty in understanding is when a Japanese means “Yes” or “No”. This is because of cultural differences between Japanese and Western society(社会), Which make it difficult for a Japanese to say “No” directly.

In the USA, it is easy to say “No” to something one does not want to do. But in Japan, it is very difficult to say “No”. To refuse an invitation or a request(请求) with “No” is felt to be impolite. It is thought to be selfish and unfriendly. So instead of saying “No” directly, the Japanese have developed many ways to avoid(避免) saying “No”. These can help them avoid hurting other

people’s feelings. However, this often makes their ways of doing business rather difficult for foreigners to understand and follow.

42. What often makes foreigners feel difficult to do business in Japan?

A. Their different ways of doing business.

B. Their different lifestyles.

C. The fact that the Japanese never say “No”.

D. The fact that the Japanese are slow to take action.

43. Which of the following is the closest in meaning to the underlined expression “bewilder foreign businessmen” in Paragraph One?

A. cause foreign businessmen to change their minds.

B. give a feeling of surprise to foreign businessmen.

C. attract foreign businessmen’s attention.

D. make foreign businessmen think wrongly.

44. What fact does the passage lead you to believe?

A. American businessmen do things more slowly than Japanese ones.

B. American businessmen like to say “Yes” and “No”.

C. Americans usually say what they are thinking.

D. Americans do not say what they think or feel clearly.

45. From the passage we can infer(推断) that __________.

A. Japanese businessmen are good at business

B. foreign businessmen should try to know Japanese ways of doing business

C. foreign businessmen must be more polite

D. you must learn from Japanese businessmen if you want to succeed

第II卷 非选择题(60分)

四、词汇应用(共10小题;每小题1分,计10分)

根据句子意思,用括号中所给汉语提示或英语单词的适当形式填空。(每空一词)

46.His advice is of great__________(价值)to all of us.

47. You’d better drive carefully for your own___________(safe).

48. It is very___________(tire)to climb the Great Wall.

49. The hotel is very popular with tourists because it provides a high level of_________(服务).

50. Zhou Xun is one of the most popular___________(女演员)in China.

51. The sports meet has been___________(取消)because of the bad weather.

52. The dress is one of the _____________(最新的)fashion designs.

53. It seems that he has_____________(success)solved the problem.

54. Do you want to know the__________(真相)of the car accident?

55. The classroom looks___________(整洁)and the teacher is very angry.

五、任务型阅读(共l0空;每空l分,计l0分)

阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。(每空一词)

More and more people are wearing glasses. Poor eyesight makes us not so happy as those with good eyesight. That is why our eyes should be given a lot of care. Natural eye care should be put in a number one place.

There are several causes leading to poor eyesight such as not enough food, genes(基因) and

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:江苏省张家港市2016-2017学年译林牛津版九年级上期末调研测英语
  • 下一篇:牛津深圳版 2016-2017年初一英语七年级上册Unit 7 School clubs