广东省惠阳高级中学2016-2017学年高一上学期期中考试英语试卷 Wo

2016-2017学年度惠阳高级中学高一英语期中测试题

本试卷共四部分,满分150分。考试时间120分钟。

第一部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)

第一节(共10小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

A famous doctor once received a little child who was badly ill. Thanks to his skill and care, his young patient got well and was soon able to get up and run about again.

The child’s mother was very much obliged to the doctor, and she called on him to thank him for what he had done for her child. “Doctor,” she said, “you have saved my little son. I don’t know how to thank you enough. I feel that money alone cannot repay you, so I have made this little purse with my own hands, as a sign of my gratitude. I hope you will accept it.” The doctor stood up and said coldly, “Madam, a little present like that is very nice between friends, but a doctor needs to be paid properly for what he has done.” The lady was so surprised and hurt so much that she could not reply for a moment. Then she said quietly, “Perhaps you will tell me how much your fee is?”“Fifty pounds”, he answered. The lady opened the little purse and took out four fifty-pound bank notes. She handed one of them to the doctor, and put the other three back into the purse. She put the purse into her handbag and, saying good bye to the doctor, went out of the room.

1. The doctor refused the lady’s purse because he thought ______.

A. the purse should be given between friends

B. the purse was too small

C. the lady was not kind to him

D. the lady just gave him that purse and wouldn’t give him the medical fee

2. The lady was thankful to the doctor because ________.

A. he had saved her lifeB. he had saved her son’s life

C. he had lent her some money D. he often called on her

3. What the doctor said ______ the lady.

A. worriedB. interestedC. hurt D. frightened

4. The money in the purse _______.

A. was only 150 pounds

B. was much more than the medical fee

C. was not enough for the medical fee

D. was less than 200 pounds

5. How do you think the doctor would feel in the end?

A. Sorry and regret B. Regret and proud

C. Excited and proudD. Sorry and worried

B

Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things with. Surely, there are times when we need to be alone. We don't always want people around. But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend.

No two people are the same. Sometimes friends don't get along well, which doesn't mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will go on being friends. Sometimes friends move away, then we feel very sad. We miss them much, but we can call them and write to them. Maybe we would never see them again, and we can make new friends. It is surprising to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them. Families sometimes name (以...命名)their children after a close friend. Many places are named after men and women, if they are friendly to people in a town. Some libraries are named this way. So are some schools. We think of these people when we go to these places.

There's more good news for people, if they have friends. These people live longer than those people if those don't have friends. Why? It could be that they are happier. Being happy helps you stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares, if someone cares about you, you take better care of yourself.

6. Which of the following sentences is true?

A. We would feel lonely if we never had a friend.

B. Two people are always the same.

C. Friends always get on well with each other.

D. Friends no longer like each other if they don’t get on well.

7. The first paragraph tells us ________.

A. none needs friends B. making friends is the need in people's life

C. we always need friends around us D. we need to be alone

8. Which of the following is the most probable place people name after friendly people?

A. A house. B. A room. C. A village. D. A library.

9. If people have friends, they would live longer, because ________.

A. they feel happier and healthierB. they get a lot of help from their friends

C. they take better care of themselves D. both A and C

10. This passage tells us ________.

A. that people are all friends B. that people need friends

C. how to get to know friends D. how to name a place

C

THE WAY TO READ FAST

Perhaps you have been told about some habits(习惯) which person 2

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:中国十佳劳伦斯冠军
  • 下一篇:云南省大理州大理一中2016-2017学年高二下学期见面考英语试题