江苏省南通中学2015-2016学年高一3月月考 英语试题 (word版)

江苏省南通中学2015-2016学年高一3月月考英语

二、单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)

请认真阅读下面各题,从题中所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

21. All through history, big changes have taken place in _______ English language, especially

when Henry IV became _______ King of England.

A. the ; the B. 不填;theC. the ; 不填 D. an ; 不填

22. How much one enjoys himself traveling depends largely on ______ he goes with, whether his

friends or relatives.

A. who B. whoever C. what D. whatever

C. twice many as D. as many twiceA. as twice manyB. twice as many

five years.

A. make out B. make for C. make overD. make up for

25. Sleeping in bed, I could hear the rain_______against the windows.

A. hittingB. dropping C. beatingD. striking

26. ________ the message to its leg, she let the pigeon loose.

A. AttachingB. AttachedC. Being attached D. To be attached

27. --- Aren’t you tired of practicing playing the piano day after day?

---_________, I enjoy every minute of it.

A. On the other handB. On the contraryC. Now and thenD. Once again

28. The news has spread all over the country ________ the spaceship succeeded in returning to

the earth.

A. thatB. whichC. whether D. what

29. Our school is a good place to study ______ the terrible noise made by the traffic around it.

A. exceptB. besidesC. except that D. except for

30. The heavy pollution in this area ________ rapid growth of cancer and other diseases.

A. resulted fromB. lay inC. added to D. contributed to

31. As is well known, reading provides the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking

that makes ______ we read ours.

A. thatB. which C. itD. what

32. The flowers ________ sweet in the garden attract the visitors to the beauty of nature.

A. to smellB. smelling C. smelt D. to be smelt

33. The test ______ a number of multiple choice questions is simple.

A. consists ofB. consisted ofC. made up ofD. is made up of

34. ---Is there any news for the missing boy?

---Yes, he was observed ______ computer games at 8 o’clock yesterday in a net bar.

A. play B. playedC. to play D. playing

35. ---I think Maths is playing a more important part in the new test system. What about you?--- ______. We should be more devoted to it.

高考提分,学霸之路 www.99jianzhu.com 24. It suddenly occurred to Anne that money couldn’t ____ all that Bob had suffered in the past

A. No pains, no gains.B. Fact speaks louder than words.

C. Great minds think alike. D. Don’t claim to know what you don’t know.

三、完形填空 (共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)

阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。

America’s Cup sailing races. Or I could get After a terribly long line at the car rental center, I was . So I disappeared into the fog and clouds shrouding(覆盖) the Pacific Coast Highway and headed south with absolutely no out of the mountains and stopped at a few state beaches; at one, I watched a wedding out on the cliffs among the crashing toward San Gregorio, a town that you can easily . I know because I drove right through it and up on a narrow pine tree–bordered asphalt(柏油) road that felt like it would go on

A few people just moved around outside the San Gregorio General Store, talking about the motorcycles they've owned over the years. Inside, I found a bar with regular customers, two people playing guitar together, and, of course, a full-on store. I a song, took a seat quickly, and watched the guitarists play and dance. Then I congratulated them, a couple of wrinkled dollars in their bucket, and walked back out into the world.

It was pouring outside. We all waited, some patiently, others , because nature messed up their hurried day. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens away the dirt and dust of the world. ―Mom, let’s run through the ing to Daddy about his cancer, you said, if God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!‖ ―Honey, you are right.‖ Mom said. Then off they ran. And yes, I did. I ran. The day could have been so : being into a stadium or bar half-watching this was much more rewarding. Hours prior (在……之前), I was on a flight with the masses, going through the motions. Then I was out on my own, having an unexpected and unrepeatable experience. I learned something on September 8: Don’t be to get lost—on purpose or otherwise—and have zero expectations. It will be good for you. I promise.

36. A. waste B. kill C. devote D. spend

37. A. series B. advantages C. options D. priorities

38. A. started B. injured C. lost D. stuck

39. A. free B. occupied C. suspicious D. absorbed

40. A. freedom B. fright C. conscience D. destination

41. A. carved B. released C. standing D. running

42. A. waves B. crowds C. vehicles D. hills

43. A. identify B. miss C. survive D. recognize

44. A. picked B. brought C. ended D. took

45. A. steadily B. smoothly C. firmly D. forever

46. A. recorded B. released C. ordered D. composed

47. A. broke B. carried C. withdrew D. threw

高考提分,学霸之路 www.99jianzhu.com

48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. A. delighted A. turning A. danger A. somewhat A. impressive A. pushed A. But A. keen B. annoyed B. washing B. dust

B. especially B. independent B. persuaded B. Therefore B. afraid C. calmed C. giving C. rain

C. somehow C. adventurous C. talked C. Besides C. curious D. inspired D. melting D. store

D. absolutely D. different D. tricked D. Also

D. thoughtful

四、阅读理解 (共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)

请认真阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

A

Service Trips for High School Students

Are you a high school student who loves to be outdoors and is eager to experience new challenges, learn new skills and meet new people? WTA offers first-time participants country trips and returning students have the option to go on trips in the back country (边远地区).

Front Country Trips

Our front country trips provide opportunities for people to experience projects near the ocean, in the scenic Cascade Mountains and in northeast Washington. Our trips also provide you with experienced leaders, a great project, some camping tents, sleeping bags and all your meals for the week.

Advanced Back Country Trips

On these trips you will be backpacking to the work site and will have a chance to advance your trail and leadership skills under the supervision(监护) of a WTA leader.

Trip Details

In 2015, trip fees for WTA members will be $195 for the first trip and $145 for each additional trip. Non-members will pay an additional $40 for their first trip and can be qualified to be members in the second trip. Due to the popularity of our trips, please submit your payment and application within two weeks. If a trip is full and you would like to be added to the waiting list, please call us at 206/625-1367 or email trail-teams@wta.org.

Scholarships

We believe no student should have to stay at home this summer because he or she can’t afford to go outside. Thanks to donations from members and supporters, WTA is proud to announce that we are able to offer a limited number of scholarships. Application Deadline: May 1, 2016.

56. If you are going on Front Country Trips, you can’t go on trips __________.

A. near the ocean

B. in the back country

C. in the Cascade Mountains D. in northeast Washington

57. How much will you have to pay fo r your first trip if you’re not a WTA member?

A. $145.

B. $185.

C. $195.

D. $235.

58. After choosing a trip, you __________.

A. will naturally become a WTA member.

B. can cancel your trip and get all your money back.

C. will be added to the waiting list.

D. must submit your payment and application within two weeks.

B

I have had just about enough of being treated like a second-class citizen, simply because I happen to be that put-upon(被欺骗的) member of society ---- a customer. The more I go into shops and hotels, banks and post offices, railway stations, airports and the like, the more I am convinced that things are being run merely to suit the firm, the system, or the union. There seems to be an deceptive(欺骗的) new motto for so-called “service” organizations ---- Staff Before Service.

How often, for example, have you queued for what seems like hours at the Post Office or the supermarket because there were not enough staff on duty to equip all the service grilles(窗口) or checkout counters? Surely in these days of high unemployment it must be possible to hire cashiers and counter staff. Yet supermarkets claim that bringing all their cash registers into operation at any time would increase expenses. And the Post Office says we cannot expect all their service counters to be occupied ―at times when demand is low”.

It is the same with hotels. Because waiters and kitchen staff must finish when it suits them, dining rooms close earlier or menu choice is cut short. As for us guests, we just have to put up with it. There is also the nonsense of so many friendly hotel night porters having been thrown out of their jobs in the interests of ―efficiency‖ and replaced by coin-eating machines which offer everything from beer to medicine. Not to mention the creeping threat of the tea-making set in your room: a kettle with a mixed collection of tea bags, plastic milk cartons and lump sugar. Who wants to wake up to a raw teabag? I do not, especially when I am paying for ―service‖.

Can it be stopped, this worsening service, this growing attitude that the customer is always a nuisance(令人讨厌的事物)? I angrily hope so because it is happening, sadly, in all walks of life.Our only hope is to hammer home(尽力让人理解) our anger whenever and wherever we can and, if all else fails, bring back into practice the other, older slogan ---- Take Our Custom(买卖) Elsewhere.

59. The writer argues that the quality of service is changing because __________.

A. customers’ demands have greatly changed

B. the staff receive more consideration than customers

C. customers’ needs have become more complex

D. the staff are less considerate than their employers

60. According to the writer, long queues at counters are caused by __________.

A. not enough staffing arrangement

B. difficulties in hiring more efficient staff

C. lack of cooperation between staff members

D. employing too few people to work on purpose

61. The old-style hotel porters disappeared mainly because __________.

A. few people are willing to do that kind of job

B. machines are more reliable than human being

C. the personal touch is no longer appreciated

D. machines have provided cheaper alternatives

62.The writer suggests that a customer __________.

A. be patient when queuing before checkout counters

B. put up with the rude manners of the staff

C. try to control his temper when ill-treated

D. go to other places where good service is available

C

Children start out as natural scientists, eager to look into the world around them. Helping them enjoy science can be easy; there’s no need for a lot of scientific terms or expensive lab equipment. You only have to share your children’s curiosity. Firstly, listen to their questions. I once visited a classroom of seven-year-olds to talk about science as a job. The children asked me ―textbook questions‖ about schooling, salary and whether I liked my job. When I finished answering, we sat facing one another in silence. Finally I said, ―Now that we’re finished with your lists, do you have questions of your own about science?‖

After a long pause, a boy raised his hand, ―Have you ever seen a grasshopper (蚱蜢)eat? When I try eating leaves like that, I get a stomachache. Why?‖

This began a set of questions that lasted nearly two hours.

Secondly, give them time to think. Studies over the past 30 years have shown that, after asking a question, adults typically wait only one second or less for an answer, no time for a child to think. When adults increase their ―wait time‖ to three seconds or more, children give more logical, complete and creative answers.

Thirdly, watch your language. Once you have a child involved in a science discussion, don’t jump in with ―That’s right‖ or ―Very good‖. These words work well when it comes to encouraging good behavior. But in talking about science, quick praise can signal that discussion is over. Instead, keep things going by saying ―That’s interesting‖ or ―I’d never thought of it that way before‖, or coming up with more questions or ideas.

Never push a child to ―Think‖. It doesn’t make sense, children are always thinking, without your telling them to. What’s more, this can turn a conversation into a performance. The child will try to find the answer you want, in as few words as possible, so that he will be a smaller target for your disagreement.

Lastly, show; don’t tell. Real-life impressions of nature are far more impressive than any lesson children can learn from a book or a television program. Let children look at their fingertips through a magnifying glass(放大镜), and they’ll understand why you want them to wash before dinner. Rather than saying that water evaporates(蒸发), set a pot of water to boil and let them watch the water level drop.

63. According to the passage, children can answer questions in a more logical, complete and

creative way if adults ________.

A. ask them to answer quickly

B. wait for one or two seconds after a question

C. tell them to answer the next day

D. wait at least for three seconds after a question

64. In the last sentence of the first paragraph, the word ―lists‖ could best be replaced by ______. 高考提分,学霸之路 www.99jianzhu.com

A. any questions B. any problems

C. questions from textbooks D. any number of questions

65. The author mentions all of the following techniques for adults to share with their children’s

curiosity except that adults should ________.

A. tell their children stories instead of reciting facts

B. offer their children chances to see things for themselves

C. be patient enough when their children answer questions

D. encourage their children to ask questions of their own

66. According to the passage, children are natural scientists, and to raise their interest, the most

important thing for adults to do is _______.

A. to take them to travel around the world

B. to share the children’s curiosity

C. to explain difficult phrases about science

D. to supply the children with lab equipment

D

The world’s population is more mobile (移动的)today than ever before. In 2010, more than 200 million people left their home countries to live in a new country. This is about 3 percent of the total world population. Some experts believe that number will swell to 400 million by 2050. Rates of immigration have remained strong for the last 300 years, but patterns of immigration have changed since World War II. The backgrounds and experiences of today’s immigrants are different from those of the typical European immigrant of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Contemporary immigrants range from unskilled laborers to highly skilled professionals, and they come from and go to countries all over the world.

In the nineteenth century and until World War II, immigration was primarily in one direction- from the Old World to the New World. This is no longer the case. Countries such as Russia and China, which have long been, and continue to be, significant source countries, are now also destination countries. There is also considerable mobility inside regions, such as from one European country to another, or among the countries of the former Soviet Union.

In spite of such differences, the push and pull factors for immigration remain essentially the same as they were 100 years ago. Most people move to another country because they want a better life. For the majority of immigrants, this means better economic conditions. As in past generations, a labor shortage in one country often draws workers from another country, especially if wages are significantly higher. In some small countries, for example, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait, there are more jobs than citizens. The demand for labor is so high that the majority of the population consists of foreign-born workers, ranging from highly skilled engineers and financial experts to domestic and construction workers.

In traditional destination countries, such as the United States, however, labor needs have changed. Today, although there is still demand for unskilled labor, there is increasing demand for people with a high level of skill and education. The need for less skilled labor has shifted to other countries. As work on farms and in industry in the United States and Canada once drew workers from all over the world, now work in factories in Taiwan and south Korea attracts workers from Vietnam, the Philippines, and Cambodia.

Most global immigration is legal: however, a large number of people also move across national borders illegally in pursuit of(寻找) employment. Experts estimate that about 15 to 20 percent of immigrants worldwide are in their new countries illegally. The United States has the largest number of these immigrants, followed by South Africa, with significant numbers also in Northern and Western Europe and Mexico. These immigrants face particular challenges because they often must hide from the authorities who might deport them back to their home countries. Their illegal status also means that employers may take advantage of them by forcing them to work longer hours and paying them less than the legal minimum wage.

Although economics remains the most important motivation in all forms of immigrant, other factors are also important. Some people decide to leave their home countries because their actions or political beliefs make it dangerous for them to remain. Others choose to leave because their home country has become too dangerous and unstable, often because of war or political unrest. They wish to find a place that is secure for themselves and their families. Education is also a significant factor for many modern immigrants. They want to raise their children in a place where they can get a good education, which, in turn, they hope will provide them with better prospects for the future. Finally, family and community ties also play a role in immigration decisions. As in the past, once a group of people from one country establishes a community in a new country, more people from that country is like ly to follow.

The pattern, direction, and rate of immigration may change as the global economy changes. However, as long as life in a new country is more attractive than life in the old country, immigration will continue.

67. According to the reading, what are the patterns of immigration in China and Russia today?

A. Many people leave these countries while many people also immigrate to them.

B. They are major source countries for immigration.

C. They are major destination countries for immigrants.

D. Some people immigrate to these countries but many more people leave them.

68. Why is the percentage of foreign-born workers so high in Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab

Emirates?

A. These countries pay very high wages, so they attract many foreign workers.

B. There are not enough native-born workers in these countries so they must recruit workers

from other countries.

C. It is very easy to immigrate to these countries.

D. These countries are very stable so many workers prefer to go there.

69. Why do some employers sometimes pay illegal immigrants less than the legal minimum

wage?

A. Employers know that they will not complain about their wages to authorities.

B. They often do not speak good English.

C. Authorities might send illegal immigrants back to their home country.

D. Illegal workers often cause problems for employers.

70. Which is not the factor contributing to the immigration?

A. Education B. Political instability

C. Religious freedom D. Family and community connections

五、任务型阅读(共10小题; 每小题1分, 满分10分)

请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。注意:每空格1个单词。

Socrates-an ancient Greek philosopher (哲学家)

Socrates was an ancient Greek philosopher, who helped to shape Greek beliefs. The ideas he created are present in our culture today.

Socrates was a person full of curiosity. From the time he was a young man, Socrates searched for wisdom and truth. He gained wisdom by asking questions. Many people in Athens thought that they had answers. Socrates asked them questions and argued with them about different topics. He did not think they had the knowledge they claimed to have.

Socrates challenged false ideas people had about things like justice, love, or courage. He would break down the ideas people held.Then he built new and more accurate ideas. Socrates felt that this was what philosophy was all about. Since then, many great philosophers have used this method to find truth.

Throughout his life, Socrates showed no interest in money. He was also not interested in material items. Socrates would allow groups of men to listen to him speak. And he would never take money from them. He always wore the same clothes whatever the season. Socrates argued that his life was better because he had no material wealth. He felt he enjoyed his food more. he said he was stronger and healthier because he was not affected by the weather. He believed happiness came not from having more but from wanting less.

By the end of the fifth century B.C Athens was not a great city anymore. Politicians betrayed Athens. Socrates had made many people angry over the years. He had always expressed his opinions when he thought laws and policies were wrong. Athens had a new group of political leaders in power, who didn't want to hear Socrates?comments‖ about them. They thought Socrates had a bad influence on the young people of Athens. Socrates was also accused of not worshipping the right gods. Charges were brought against Socrates.The politicians wanted to condemn Socrates to death. Socrates’ friends told him to leave Athens. They thought this was the only way for him to save his life. Socrates refused. He did not behave as most people in his situation would.

Socrates said that he had always lived by the rules of Athens and he would continue to do this. He insisted on standing trial for his "crime". Socrates knew he was not guilty of anything. The reason why he was charged was because he was different from others. Although people respected him, he also had made many people angry, so the jury(陪审团)said Socrates was guilty.

When faced with the death penalty (死刑), a person could leave Athens forever. Most people chose leave rather than die. Socrates was not like most people. Instead of telling the jury that he would go, he told them he deserved a reward. Socrates believed he had done a great service by making people think. Socrates said that he tried to "persuade every one of you not to think of what he had but rather of what he was, and how he might grow wise and good." The jury did not change its mind. Socrates was executed. He died when he drank hemlock, which is poisonous.

Socrates was the first great Greek philosopher. He also helped to shape other philosophers that came after him. Plato, who got his start by studying with Socrates, and Aristotle, who studied with Plato, also changed Western civilization. Asking questions to discover the truth is still practiced today. And schools even today still teach this method to students.

六、单词拼写(共10小题; 每小题0,5分, 满分5分)

根据中文或首字母提示,填入正确的单词形式,每空一词。

81. It was a great _____________ (欣慰) to find the children back safe and sound.

82. He bought a piece of ________________(珠宝) for his wife on their wedding anniversary.

83. I couldn’t help you with the problems then, for I was o______________ with my homework.

84. G__________________ firmly her mother’s hand in the darkness, Lucy felt much better.

85. _______________(小声说) to others when a meeting is on is quite rude manners.

86. Your parents will be a________________ for you if you don’t go home on time after school.

87. John didn’t finish his homework because he spent the e______________ afternoon playing.

88. The team _________________(惊慌)when they realized they were lost.

89. It is ___________________(官方) announced that a new stadium will be built in our school.

90. Please find a s _______ version of the story for my younger brother so that he can understand

it easily. .

七、书面表达(满分20分)

高中学习任务非常繁重,因此同学们对于参加学校活动有着不同的看法,请以Taking Part in School Activities为题,根据下表提示,并结合自己的见闻,用英语写一篇150词左高考提分,学霸之路 www.99jianzhu.com

Taking Part in School Activities

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.22答案高一

听力:1—5 BCBCC 6—10 CBAAA 11—15 CBBCA 16—20 CCAAB 单选: CABDC ABADD DBCDC

完形: BCCAD AABCD CDBBC DDAAB

阅读: BDD BDDD DCAB ABAC

任务型: 71. exist 72. curious 73, preferred 74. challenge 75. helped

76. commented 77. respect 78. Different/ Distinguished

79. Faced 80. influence(s) / impact(s)

单词: 81. relief 82. jewellery 83. occupied 84. Grasping 85. whispering

86. anxious 87. entire 88. panicked 89. officially 90. simplified

书面表达

Taking Part in School Activities

Nowadays students in Senior High School are occupied with their studies, so different students have different opinions on whether they should take part in school activities.

Many students are very interested in school activities; they have their reasons. Firstly, they think that learning from textbooks is not their only task. They believe that they should take every chance to get some practical knowledge. Secondly, they think that after long hours of study, they can relax themselves by taking part in school activities.

However, a large group of students take little interest in them and spend most of their time on studies. They believe that they should make full use of time to study. Besides, they feel that school activities have little to do with their further development.

In my opinion, I prefer the first view. On one hand, we can learn a great deal from other students we meet in activities. On the other hand, in modern society many qualities are required of young students, so only learning from textbooks is not enough.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:江苏省镇江中学2015-2016学年高一上学期期中考试 英语试题 (wor
  • 下一篇:2017年山东师范大学刑事诉讼法(同等学力加试)考研复试核心题库