高三英语限时阅读训练(精炼)

高考英语限时阅读训练(1)

完形填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)

These days, it is common to see 5-gallon bottles of water being sent to homes. Supermarket water” to expensive foreign types of mineral water in glass bottles. In Europe, bottled water is as soft drinks are in the United States. People are not only interested in the different All bottled water the content of the water on the bottle. Some companieswater—except specially purified water—contains must be made to tell people clearly what kind of water people are exactly buying: spring water, mineral water, or purified water. For example, “spring water” will have to come from a(n)Many people choose bottled tap water, because the safety of public cleanliness of our drinking water. The government should be responsible for tap It .

. Compared with the cost of bottled water, the testing 41. A. basketsB. windowsC. shelvesD. carts

42. A. largeB. plasticC. cool D. cheap

43. A. popularB. expensiveC. freshD. good

44. A. nature B. trueC. face D. health

45. A. studyB. stickC. list D. print

46. A. find B. add C. exploreD. mix

47. A. mistaken B. misunderstood C. misleadingD. misreading

48. A. Laws B. Notices C. Products D. Inventions

49. A. nearby B. hot C. underground D. overflowing

50. A. with B. besides C. before D. over

51. A. consider B. trust C. doubt D. ensure

52. A. supplies B. pipes C. pollutionD. shortage

53. A. producersB. riskC. elements D. quality

54. A. normally B. regularly C. repeatedly D. instantly

55. A. enough B. excellent C. expensiveD. ideal

56. A. collectedB. boiled C. changed D. tested

57. A. use B. value C. service D. importance

58. A. run B. flowC. fill D. boil

59. A. improve B. discover C. limit D. solve

60. A. shallow B. off C. slow D. on

任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)

请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。 Every year there are hundreds of earthquakes in different parts of the world. In Sept.1923, Tokyo and Yokohama were both destroyed by an earthquake and the fires that followed it. They had to be completely rebuilt. One of the most serious earthquakes was in China’s Shanxi Province in 1556. It killed almost one million people.

We measure an earthquake’s strength on the Richter scale. The Richter scale was introduced in 1935 in Southern California in the USA. It measures earthquakes on a scale of one to ten. Any earthquake measuring five or more is usually serious.

The earth’s crust (地壳) is made up of layers of rock called plates. As these plates move, they sometimes crash against each other, causing the crust to quake. In cities such as Tokyo, where small quakes happen quite often, many modern buildings are designed to be flexible so when the earth moves, they move with it.

Earthquakes can also break up gas or oil pipes. This can cause fires to break out, which can do as much damage as the earthquake itself.

Another effect of earthquakes is tsunamis (海啸). These are huge waves created by earthquakes beneath the sea. They can be many metres high and cause great damage to coastal

towns and cities.

China, Japan, Russia and the USA have the highest occurrence (发生) of earthquakes in the world.

高三英语限时训练(一)

完形填空 41—45 : CBA DC 46—50 : BCACD 51—55 : CADBC 56—60 : DCACB 任务型阅读:

71. earthquakes 72. history 73. its 74. happened 75. measure

76. introduced 77. cause 78. crust 79. effects 80. fires

高三英语限时训练(二)

完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)

A farmer had some puppies (小狗) he needed to sell. He painted a sign the puppies and set about nailing it to a post on the of his yard. As he was the last nail into the post, he felt a pull on his clothes. He looked down the eyes of a little boy.

“Mister,” he said, “I want to buy one of your puppies. ”

“ come from fine and cost much money. ”

The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a of coins and said to the farmer. “I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look? ” “Sure, ” said the farmer, and with that he a whistle, “Here, Dolly! ” he called.

from the doghouse ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with As the dogs made their to the fence, the little boy noticed something else. Another little ball appeared, obviously In a somewhat manner the little puppy began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up with others.

“I want that one, ” the little boy said, pointing to it.

The farmer down at the boy's side and said, “Son, you don't. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs. ”

that the little boy stepped back from the fence, down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he exposed a steel brace(支持物) attaching itself to a made shoe. Looking up, he said, “You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands. ”

Yes, the world is full of people who need someone who 36. A. introducing 37. A. back

B. showing

B. edge

C. advertising D. explaining C. center C. entering C. for

D. top D. taking D. into D. Likely D. customers D. widely

38. A. driving 39. A. to

B. pushing B. on

40. A. Certainly 41. A. parents 42. A. deeply

B. Well C. Sorry

B. friends B. deep

C. relatives

C. wide

43. A. number 44. A. went out 45. A. Away 46. A. felt 47. A. tears 48. A. way

B. piece C. handful C. let out C. Out

D. deal

B. took out

B. Far

D. found out

D. Into

B. placed B. delight

B. direction B. fatter B. forward

C. pushed C. fear

D. pressed

D. sorrow

D. route

C. path C. thinner C. smart C. pointed

49. A. whiter 50. A. awkward 51. A. looked 52. A. For

D. slower

D. interesting D. knelt

B. lay B. In

C. About C. lay

D. With

D. put

53. A. reached 54. A. specially 55. A. loves

B. arrived

B. especially B. understands

C. exactly D. naturally

D. cares

C. shares

任务型阅读:请认真阅读下面短文,在表格中的空格里填上最恰当的单词(每空1个单词)

Since the beginning of human evolution, men have migrated(迁移)across continents in search of food, shelter, safety, and comfortable weather. People still move for these reasons, but new reasons for human migration are arising, such as job relocation(重新安置) and overpopulation.

Three million migrants are moving from poor countries to wealthier ones each year, and increasingly, their destination is a neighboring country in developing parts of the world. People are moving within the developing world for the same reasons as they migrate to wealthier nations. People from poor countries are going to less poor countries, fleeing wars and conflicts. They are also responding to population pressures because some countries are densely populated, and they often have high population growth. Those people need to go somewhere else.

There are three main reasons why people move. The basic categories and percentages are as follows, according to the Current Population Surveys (CPS):

Family-related reasons account for 26.3%, including changes in marital(婚姻的) status, establishing a household and other family reasons; work-related reasons 16.2%, including job transfer, retirement, and other job-related reasons; housing-related reasons 51.6%, including new

and better houses, better neighborhood, cheaper housing and other housing reasons; the remaining 5.9% of other reasons are attending college, the change of climate and health reasons.

Americans have been migrating south and west for decades in search of better job opportunities and warmer climates. They have also been moving to places a little far from cities, in search of bigger yards and houses, lower crime rates and better schools. In 1950, nearly a fifth of the population lived in the nation’s 20 largest cities. In 2006, it was about one in ten. That’s why many American people say, “Big Cities Shrink as People Move South, West.”

Between March 2005 and March 2007, 73.4 million Americans moved. Fifty-six percent of these moves were within the same country. Twenty percent were between counties but in the same state. Nineteen percent were moves to a different state. Some families even went abroad.

Title: People on the

高三英语限时训练(二)

完形填空

36-40 CBADB; 41-45 ABCCC; 46-50 DBADA; 51-55 DDAAB

任务型阅读:

71. move, 72. history,73. increasing, 74. richer/wealthier, 75. Reasons,

76. majority, 77. related/linked, 78. for, 79. climate, 80. tendency/phenomenon/trend

高三英语课后限时训练(三)

完形填空 (共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)

Tom Jankowitz finally got into the airport lounge. He sat down and opened up his laptop computer, keeping one on the small television which showed the departure times of all the from the airport.

Tom was tired and bored. It was Christmas, nearly. Tom Christmas. He only remembered that it would be Christmas tomorrow there were Christmas decorations all over the airport. Tom had been to a business meeting in New York and had to take a plane back home. The meeting had been ’s offices and a lot of people were about his decision. Tom thought that he would rather Christmas on his own in a hotel room with his computer.

Tom hardly as the television screen with the departure times on it went off. He looked up just to see it before all the lights in the airport went off, too. Soon, was totally, completely and utterly black. The only light came from the tiny little lights on the wings of the aeroplanes, and the light his own portable computer screen. Soon, there was an “Ladies and gentlemen, we to inform you that there seems to have been a power cut. All flights for the moment are ”

A man sat down next to Tom. “Looks like we’re not going anywhere tonight” he said. Tom didn’t reply, but nodded in . “Not going anywhere”, he thought. “I’m not going anywhere. Not tonight, not . The only places I ever go are offices of Global Power International.”

Tom watched the lights going on again in the airport and heard the sound of people cheering. He as well, and smiled at the man who was sitting next to him. He felt like someone had turned a on in him too. He was looking forward to being home. “I’m ”, he thought.

36. A. ear B. eye C. hand D. leg

37. A. flights 38. A. missed 39. A. though 40. A. long 41. A. unfair 42. A. keep 43. A. noticed 44. A. in order 45. A. nothing 46. A. on 47. A. advice 48. A. decide 49. A. delayed 50. A. agreement 51. A. yet 52. A. over 53. A. heard 54. A. light 55. A. nowhere

B. planes B. forgot B. unless B. difficult B. unfortunate B. save B. doubted B. in time B. anything B. with

B. announcement B. forgive B. checked B. surprise B. really B. back B. watched B. radio B. everywhere

C. passengers C. suffered C. because C. boring C. unhappy C. spare C. moved C. in return C. something C. from C. advertisement C. regret C. prepared C. anger C. only C. up C. celebrated C. heater C. anywhere

D. pilots D. hated D. until D. successful D. unkind D. spend D. stopped D. in case D. everything D. by D. apology D. begin D. cancelled D. excitement D. ever D. straight D. cheered D. heart D. somewhere

任务型阅读

请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格的空格处里填人最恰当的单词。 注意:每个空格填1个单词。

Brazil’s next super star

Rom Ronaldo and Ronaldinho to Kaka and Robinho, Brazil is never short of football stars. If you have ever wondered who could be the next big name, 18-year-old Alexandre Pato is a player to watch.

The teenage striker scored the only goal of the game on March 20 to help AC Milan beat Torino 1-0. The win ensured Milan can still maintain their push for a Champions League spot despite the absence of star playmaker Kaka.

Pato made his start in Serie A only in January and has scored seven goals for his club so far. He also helped Brazil’s national football team win the 2007 South American Youth Championship, which qualified the country for the football competition at the Beijing Olympic Games.

Pato is good at controlling football and moves intelligently. But most of all, he is quick. Looking at him play, it becomes evident why many people have connected him with a young Ronaldo. Yet Pato insists that the praise does not put him under pressure. Instead, he welcomes it. “I was happy to listen to people saying I was a great player. It makes me want to do my best.”

Pato started to play indoor football at the age of three. At only 11, he signed with the Brazilian football club Internacional where he started sharing a house with 83 other teenagers. Much like him, they wanted to make a name for themselves in the club’s senior team.

Luckily, Pato was the one who quickly made his way to the senior team and landed in AC Milan at the end of 2007.

Was it easy for him to settle down in a totally different culture? Pato insists that he has settled in with no problems thanks largely to his compatriots (同胞) in the Italian league. “These are the players I played with on Playstation and watched on television,” he admitted. “My dream of playing with my idol Ronaldo has finally come true.”

Getting to know Alexandre Pato

高三英语课后限时训练(三)

完形填空 36-40 BADCB 41-45 CDABD 46-50 CBCDA 51-55 DBDAD

任务型阅读

71. Homeland/ Country 72. history/ experience/ career 73. indoor 74. Signed

75. achievements 76. defeat/ beat 77. seven 78. Championship 79. control 80. linked

高三英语课后限时训练(四)

完形填空 (共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)

Many of the tourists on board had begun bargaining with the tradesmen, but I decided not to buy anything. I had no sooner got off the than I was stopped by a man who wanted to me a diamond ring. I had no of buying one, but I could not deny the fact that I was by the size of the diamonds. Some of them were as as marbles (玻璃球). The man went to great lengths to 41 that the diamonds were real. As 42 walked past a shop, he held a diamond against the window and made a deep impression in the The next man to me was selling expensive pens and watches. I one of the pens closely. It certainly looked At the base of the gold cap, the words “made in the USA” had been clearly The man said that the pen was worth £50, but as a special he would let me have it for £30. I my head and held up five fingers indicating that I was willing to pay £5. Gesturing wildly, the man acted as if he found my

shocking, but he eventually the price to £10. Shrugging my shoulders, I began to walk away. A moment later, he ran after me and the pen into my hands. Though he kept throwing up his arms in despair, he accepted the £5 I gave him. I felt especially pleased with my wonderful --- until I got back to the ship. No matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to fill this beautiful pen with ink!

36. A. ship 37. A. show

B. train B. sell

C. plane C. buy

D. bus D. give D. intention D. cheated D. small

38. A. money 39. A. ashamed 40. A. colorful 41. A. prove 42. A. they

B. hobby C. experience C. moved

B. impressed B. big

C. heavy

B. explain B. he

C. instruct

C. we

D. perform

D. people

43. A. sharply 44. A. assistant 45. A. approach 46. A. checked 47. A. expensive 48. A. marked 49. A. feeling 50. A. shook 51. A. decision 52. A. reduced 53. A. threw 54. A. angrily

B. quickly B. shop B. call

C. slowly

D. forcefully

D. door D. look D. watched D. real D. recognized D. present D. touched

C. glass C. find

B. examined B. ordinary B. signed B. favour B. nodded

C. noticed C. natural C. found C. reason C. held

B. answer

C. offer

D. solution

D. had D. forced D. clearly D. balance

B. gave B. snatched

C. suggested C. brought C. readily C. advice

B. disappointedly B. bargain

55. A. experience

任务型阅读(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)

请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。 注意:每空格只填一个单词。

Have you ever been in a meeting while someone was making a speech and realized suddenly that your mind was a million miles away? You probably felt sorry and made up your mind to pay

attention and ever have been told that daydreaming is a waste of time.

“On the contrary,” says L. Giambra, an expert in psychology, “daydreaming is quite necessary. Without it, the mind couldn’t get done all the thinking it has to do during a normal day. You can’t possibly do all your thinking with a conscious mind. Instead, your unconscious mind is working out problems all the time. Daydreaming then may be one way that the conscious and unconscious states of mind have silent dialogues.”

Early experts in psychology paid no attention to the importance of daydreams or even considered them harmful. At one time daydreaming was thought to be a cause of some mental illnesses. They did not have a better understanding of daydreams until the late 1980s. Eric Klinger, a professor of psychology, is the writer of the book Daydreaming. Klinger says, “We know now that daydreaming is one of the main ways that we organize our lives, learn from our experiences, and plan for our futures. Daydreams really are a window on the things we fear and the things we long for in life.” Daydreams are usually very simple and direct, quite unlike sleep dreams, which may be hard to understand. It’s easier to gain a deep understanding of your life by paying close attention to your daydreams than by trying to examine your sleep dreams carefully. Daydreams help you recognize the difficult situations in your life and find out a possible way of dealing with them. Daydreams cannot be predicted; they move off in unexpected direction which may be creative and full of ideas. For many famous artists and scientists, daydreams were and are a main source of creative energy.

高三英语课后限时训练(四)

完形填空 36-40 ABDBB 41-45 ACDCA 46-50 BDABA 51-55 CADCB

任务型阅读

1. Advantages

6. experiences 2. Differences 7. simple 3. necessary 8. cause 4. conscious 9. direction 5. silent 10. sleep

高三英语课后限时训练(五)

完形填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)

When we talk about a bad man, we like to call him a “wolf”. But is it really true that the wolf stands for devil and ugliness.

Have you read the book “The Wolf Totem” by a famous writer Jiang Rong, which tells the story of the relationship between wolves and human beings? Have you ever the 

In the book, wolves are heroes on the large grassland. They know more about they would be experts good at fighting.

The wolf is a kind of special creature that can deeply understand .Each wolf serves its group with its heart and soul. A  28  wolf has little power, but a pack of wolves  29  nothing. All the wolves obey the rules. 30  they are defeated, they run away together. It is their teamwork makes wolves powerful.

The wolves also have great self-respect and won't wrote the book “The Wolf Totem”,carefully. To his found the little wolf still wanted to go back with

gave in, fighting 

I was shocked by this kind of  38 :wolves are one of the most respected creatures on earth. I want everyone to look at wolves in a  39  way. They are our teachers. They show us how to survive and  40  in this not simple and dangerous world. Please honor the wolves, please honor all these heroes of nature!

21. A. thought about

22. A. hunt B. walked into C. talked about D. cared for B. admire C. draw D. watch

23. A. space B. spot C. food D. survival

24. A. get B. take C. have D. make

25. A. fight B. avoid C. trap D. discover

26. A. special B. imaginative C. outstanding D. creative

27. A. operation B. teamwork C. lifestyle D. control

28. A. single B. brave C. lonely D. fair

29. A. fight B. struggle C. fear D. fail

D. Even if 30. A. As for B. As though C. Even so

31. A. what B. he C. that D. one

32. A. turn in B. give in C. take in D. break in

33. A. once B. just C. soon D. only

C. pleasure D. sorrow

D. the other

D. eager 34. A. satisfaction B. disappointment 35. A. rest B. others C. another C. willing 36. A. proud B. satisfied

37. A. until B. although C. before D. unless

38. A. selflessness B. self-confidence C. self-respect D. self-protection

39. A. curious B. different

40. A. walk C. strange D. humorous B. hand C. get D. succeed

任务型阅读(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)

请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。 注意:每空格只填一个单词。

If environmental trends continue on a positive track, some day children may ask, “Mommy, what was pollution?” But between that day and ours stands the environmental problem: global

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:美顶级高中校长:录取了不会弹钢琴但会做饭的男孩
  • 下一篇:15周周末作业