山西省太原市第五中学2016-2017学年高一上学期期中考试(12月) 英

太原五中2016—2017学年度第一学期阶段性检测

高 一英 语

命题、校对:智虎威刘克静杜丽雯南睿(2016.12)

I. 阅读理解 (共两节;满分30分)

第一节 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出最佳选项 (共10小题;每小题2分,满分20分)

A

Rodney Smith, Jr. started mowing the lawns (割草坪) in Huntsville, Alabama last fall. He used his time between classes at Alabama A&M to reach a goal of mowing 100 yards before winter. Smith has been cutting grass for free to help single moms, the elderly, and the disabled, while teaching the local youth the values that can turn boys into men. “I’m doing something positive. I want boys to follow me and be better than me,” he wrote on his Facebook page.

Rodney is from Bermuda. He says people there help each other and are always friendly. “That’s what drives me to help people.”

In May this year, he was getting ready to his mowing service for the summer when he heard about a 93-year-old woman trying to cut grass by herself. Smith and a friend showed up to do the job for her.

In November, a local TV station gave him $300, calling it a special gift for his good work. After he received the money, he used it to create the non-profit(非盈利的) service group, Raising Men Lawn Care Service. He also started a page to collect money to buy lawn equipment and other things—including T-shirts with special logos. After I read about Rodney’s story, I told my friends about him. We also planned to mow lawns for single moms, the elderly and disabled in our neighborhood. And I hope more and more young people will join Rodney’s service group—Raising Men Lawn Care Service.

1. What was Rodney Smith, Jr.’s goal last fall?

A. To mow 100 yards for free.

B. To start a non-profit service group.

C. To set a good example to his kids.

D. To make use of time between classes.

2. What does the underlined word “launch” in Paragraph 3 mean?

A. Improve. B. Find. C. Start. D. Help.

3. What did Rodney do with the money he received?

A. He gave it to the elderly.

B. He improved his mowing service.

C. He gave it to a friend’s service group.

D. He bought many T-shirts for neighbors.

B

Writing journals has been one of the most helpful things I’ve ever done. Through writing journals I’ve not only learned a lot about myself, but also removed a lot of obsessive (烦恼的) thoughts, by writing them down and considering them.

Journals give you a place to write down your honest thoughts without being afraid of what people will think of you. There are some ideas for writing journals:

? Draw pictures

? Write poetry or short stories

? Goals: daily and long-term

? Respond to a magazine article that you are interested in

? Write about obsessive thoughts and try to find what’s causing them

? A list of things you are proud of (It can always increase your confidence

when you need it)

? Make a pro/con (赞成/反对) list when you’re trying to make a decision: most

of the time the decision will start to be clearer afterwards

The best way to start is to decide where you want to write your journal. (Though it’s called the journal, it doesn’t mean you can only do it in a “journal”) . If you like the traditional style of journals, then use a notebook, blank paper or graph paper, whichever you like best. If you prefer to go digital, start a blog. You can make the blog public or private, and it’s a good way to keep track of articles or pictures you find online. (You can link to them.)

Even if you feel there’s nothing for you to write about at first, you might be surprised to find that once you start, you can’t stop.

4. What does writing journals help the author do?

A. Make many friends.B. Do many helpful things.

C. Be free from some worries. D. Learn a lot about other people.

5. Why is making a pro/con list useful?

A. It increases your confidence. B. It helps you get what you want.

C. It helps you make great progress. D. It helps you decide what to do.

6. What do you think about writing journals as a beginner?

A. You have little to write.

B. Writing journals is fun.

C. You’re good at writing.

D. It’s hard to keep track of articles.

C

One of the most recent social changes taking place in the world is social networking. Social networking has been in existence for at least 150 years, and probably longer than that. In the times before the invention of the computer and the World Wide Web (WWW), social networking was done in person. People who had similar likes and interests would gather together to share experiences, make new friends, and improve their businesses.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:英语含答案
  • 下一篇:AMC复习建议