2016-2017学年福州三牧中学初三第一学期期中考英语试卷 word版本

福州三牧中学2016-2017学年第一学期期中考试卷

初三年段英语学科

第二部分 语言知识运用(共两节,满分30分)

第一节 单项选择(每小题1分,共15分)

()21.He was born in ______European country, and he thinks English is ______useful language.

A. a; aB. an; anC. an; aD. a; an

()22.--I heard Maria made great progress in math last term.

--_______,and_______.

A.So did she;so I didB.So she was;so I was

C.So she did;so did ID.So was she;so I was

()23.The man and the woman have been married_________twenty tears ago.

A.sinceB.forC./D.at

()24.English is spoken_______a second language_______Indians.

A.as;byB.as;inC.by;in D.in;by

()25._______of the teachers in our school_______from Fujian.

A.Two nineth;are B.Twice nine;is

C.Two ninths;are D.Twice nine;are

()26.—Would you like to go_________? -- I’d love to.

A.interesting somewhereB.somewhere interesting

C.interesting anywhereD.anywhere interesting

()27.The cleaners try their best to keep the street_______dirty.

A.getting B.from gettingC.to getD.to getting

()28.-- What about these two coats,madam?

--_______of them fits me.Could you show me _______one?

A.Either;otherB.Neither;the other

C.Neither;anotherD.Either;another

()29.My grandpa told me that sun _______ in the east.

A.roseB.raised C.rises D.raises

()30.-- How much did you pay for the trip to France?

--This trip_______me about 20,000 yuan in total.

A.paidB.tookC.spent D.cost

()31.-- Oh,you are late again.The opera_____for 10 minutes.—What a pity!

A.has begunB.beganC.has been on D.has started

()32.In our school library there______a number of books on science and the number of

them_______growing larger and lager.

A.is;are B.are;is C.is;is D.are;are

()33.The boy_______his seat to the old man on the bus.

A.showed B.offered C.provided D.sent

()34.-- Will you see the movie Avatar with us tonight?

--No,I_______it last week.

A.seeB.have seen C.saw D.has seen

( )35.Lily sings_______his sister.

A.as bad as B.not better than C.no better than D.as worse as

第二节 完形填空(每小题1.5分,共15分)

After finishing medical school in 2004, then 21-year-old Yuan Dong came to work at Luohe Welfare House(福利院), Henan Province. He started his work if ____36____ the sick children.

As the only child of his ____37____, Yuan grew up not as a little emperor(皇帝) like many mother children born after the 1980s.

“My parents were ____38____ with me. I did not get whatever I wanted I was a kid. Thanks to that, I didn’t need to see a ____39____ since my parents didn’t allow me to eat many candies,” Yuan recalls.

His work in the welfare house has made him grow. “My work has turned me to a ____40____ person. What I have learned here taught me to be more different from others, which changed ____41____ a lot.”

“____42____ here all have congenital(先天性的) diseases, and our welfare house takes the job of raising them and giving them medical ____43____. Their ages are from 1 to 19 years old.”

In a word where people often set ____44____ goals for different time in life, Yuan has kept doing the same thing for nine years, never thinking of ____45____. He says there is still a lot for him to learn from his job, and there is a lot for him to do for the poor children.

( )36.A.taking care of B.teaching C.looking for D.examining

( )37.A.home B.house C.family D.room

( )38.A.happy B.strictC.careful D.angry

( )39.A.teacher B.driverC.dentist D.policeman

( )40.A.better B.worse C.richer D.poorer

( )41.A.us B.them C.him D.me

( )42.A.Boys B.Girls C.Children D.Adults

( )43.A.room B.care C.money D.work

( )44.A.difficult B.easy C.the same D.different

( )45.A.giving up B.giving off C.giving away D.giving out

第三部分 阅读理解 (满分45分)

阅读五篇材料,根据每题的要求,选出最佳答案,(A-D篇每小题2分,E篇每小题1分,共45分)

(A)

I had mixed(混合的) feelings today, nervous, worried, happy, excited… My heart went down when Miss Chan, our head teacher, said that Matthew and Beth, two students from England, would spend three months with us! I was worried that I had to speak English so much! But at the end of the school day, I was happier than I thought: the morning with them today was more enjoyable than I expected(期待).

Today is the most unforgettable(难忘的)first day I have had! Matthew is fantastic ! His English is clearer and easier to listen to than I thought. The other English student, Beth, is the most helpful girl I’ve ever met. There were lots of things to do on the first day. Beth offered to help Miss Chan put up all the notices. Of course, some of the credit (功劳) should also go to 2

ME because I translated(翻译)some of the notices for her. Miss Chan praised(表扬) us!

We finished all the preparations(准备) 10 minutes earlier than expected, then Beth and I talked for a while, Matthew sang several English so ngs and did some stand-up comedy (单人喜剧表演) at the party. We all praised him. When the bell rang to end the first school day, none of us wanted to leave.

When I went back home, I had a little headache. I have probably spoken more English today than the whole of last year.

It was really a happy day! I hope our friendship can continue, even after they gone back to England!

( )46. The writer felt ______ when he heard the news from Miss Chan.

A. excited B. angry C. fantastic D. worried

( )47. Beth helped Miss Chan with the ______.

A. comedy B. speeches

C. notices D. translation

( )48. Matthew ______ at the party.

A. had a talkB. r ang the bell

C. sang several songs D. made a preparation

( )49. Matthew and Beth ______ on the first day.

A. spoke much Chinese B. got l ots of praise

C. had a little headache D. forgot to leave the school

( )50. From the passage, we know that the writer ______.

A. caught a bad cold that day

B. went back home with Beth

C. expects to travel to England

D. likes the two English students

(B)

Each year several thousand people are killed on the road in Great Britain. Every year between one and two hundred thousand people are injured (伤害), or killed in road accidents. If you are in England and if you listen to the eight o'clock news from BBC, you will often hear news of road accidents. You may hear something like this "On last Monday evening at about twenty minutes to ten, a cyclist (骑自行车的人) was knocked down by a truck at crossing of Oak Road and High Street in Croydon. The cyclist has died from his injuries. Anyone who saw the accident please communicate (联系) with New Scotland Yard, telephone number Whitehall one, two, one, two."

In most other country traffic keeps to the right.In Great Britain traffic keeps on to the left . Motor-cars , trucks , buses and cyclists must all keep to the left side of the road .

Before crossing the road, stop and look both ways. Look right, look left again.Then, if you are sure that the road is clear, that there is nothing coming, it is safe to cross the road. If you see small children, or very old people, or blind people, waiting to cross the road, it is kind act to help them to cross the road in safety.

We must teach young children to cross the road safely. We must always give them a good example. Small children mustn't play in the street.

( )51.About_______people are injured or killed in road accidents in England every day.

A.300 B.400 C.500D.600

( )52.What does BBC refer to?

A.newspaper B.A TV program C.A radio station D.An email

( )53.New Scotland Yard refers to a_______.

A.school B.hospital C.bus station D.police station

( )54.Before we cross the road in England,we should look_______first,because the traffic keeps on the_______.

A.right,right B.left,left C.right,left D.left,right

( )55.The fourth paragraph mainly tell us_______.

A. how to cross the road safely.

B. to look both ways before crossing the road.

C. to help the young and old to cross the road.

D. to make sure there is nothing coming.

(C)

The cute lottle koala(考拉)is in danger in some parts of Australia,but it is doing very well on Kangaroo Island—too well,in fact.Kangaroo Island is off the south coast(海岸)of Australia,and the koalas were brought to the island in the 1920s by scientists.No other animals kill koalas and disease from mainland(大陆)Australia can kill them on the island.So the number of koalas is becoming larger and larger.

The Australia government has done a lot to try to solve the problem.They have tried moving the koalas to the mainland,but they often became dinner for some people.They have also tried sterilizing(给……避孕)the koalas,but this is expensive and has not stopped their population growth.Recently.scientists have thought of a final solution(解决方案)---shooting(射杀)the koalas.This would certainly reduce their number,saving them and other animals on the island.

Shooting koalas,however,is a plan that the Australian government does not want to carry out.Tourism is a big industry on Kangaroo Island,and people all over the world come to look at this kind of animal that looks like teddy bear.If the government starts a plan to kill thousands of koalas out of the tress,tourism will surely drop.As a result,although many people think shooting as the only choice,the government simply won’t do it.This argument(争论)still goes on ,but an agreement must be reached to save the animal on the island.

( )56.Where do koalas live well?

A.In American B.In Australia. C.On Kangaroo Island.

D.In Canada.

( )57.Why is the number of koalas becoming larger and larger?

A. Because people know it’s important to protect animals.

B. Because no animals or diseases from the mainland kill them on the island.

C. Because the government carries out some plans to protect them.

D. Because koalas are very cute and people love them very much.

( )58.From the second paragraph,we mainly know tha _______.

A. people all over the world come to look at koalas

B. people have tried sterilizing the koalas

C. people have tried to cut down the number of koalas

D. people want to shoot the koalas

( )59.The government hasn’t carried out the plan to school koalas because_______.

A.the plan is bad for its tourism B.the plan is bad for animals

C.there are not enough koalas D.there are many people

( )60.Which of the following is true?

A. The government has carried out the plan to school koalas.

B. Many people agree to the plan to school koalas.

C. The government hasn’t done anything to save the koalas.

D. The number of koalas is becoming less and less on the island.

(D)

What problems do the teenagers probably have? Here is a survey showing their main

( )61.How many main problems are there in the survey?

A. Four.B. Five. C. Six.D. Seven

( )62.What problems are caused by too much homework?

A.Feeling stressed and getting short-sighted.

B.Feeling stressed and fighting with each other.

C.Feeling tired of study and getting fat.

D.Getting fat and getting short-sighted.

( )63.If Simon is feeling stressed, what should he do?

A. He should do much more homework.

B. He should buy snacks.

C. He should spend more time on hobbies.

D. He should exercise even day.

( )64.Peter is tried of study maybe because he______.

A.has no close friend B.plays too many computer games

C.gets fatter and fatter D.eats too many snacks

( )65.Which is a good way for the teenagers to stop fights?

A.Learning how to make friend. B.Paying no attention to each other.

C.Finding time to relax as possible. D.Do homework in a right way.

(E)

阅读下面的短文,把五个橘子填入文中空缺处,使短文内容完整,正确。

“I hate school, and I'm not going back!”Have you ever had that thought?Maybe most of the students will say “yes”.But what will happen if you feel this way too much?What will you do when you don’t like school?

Staying at home may seem like a good choice,but it just makes it harder to go to school the next day.

If you don’t like school,the most important thing to do is to find out the reason.Maybe you don’t get along well with others in school. you don’t feel as smart as the other students.

If you don’t like school,here are some useful suggestion for you.

? .

? Write down your feelings about school in a diary(日记),It’s a great way to let out your

feelings.

?

第二卷 读写综合(共4节,满分45)

第一节 遣词造句

根据图示及所给的提示次,每幅画写一句话,用上所给的提示词。(10分,每小题2分)

make,wood apple,divide,half

73. 74.75.

used to,school raise,since1989 New York,twice

71._________________________________________________________________________

72._________________________________________________________________________

73._________________________________________________________________________

74._________________________________________________________________________

75._________________________________________________________________________

第二节 口语应用,补全对话写句子。(每小题2分,共10分)

A:Excuse me,can I help you?

B:Yes,I’m new here. A:The Huanghe Hotel? It’s on Rongxiao Road.

B:

A:It’s about 3 kilometers from here.

B:Could you tell me how I can get there?

A:Sure. Walk along the street and turn right at the third crossing. Then you’re on Rongxiao Road.Go along Rongxiao Road to the end. You’ll see a red building. You can’t miss it. But it’s a little far. The No. 43 bus can take you there.

B:A: About 15 minutes.

B:A: You are welcome.

第三节 短文填空

阅读下面短文,根据以下提示:1)汉语提示,2)首字母提示,3)语境提示,4)音标提示。在每一个空格内填入一个适当的单词。所填单词要求意义准确.拼写正确。(每小题1分,共10分)

Many Chinese students who have learnt English for more than ten years are still unable to speak English well when they 外国人). They seem to be good at the ?l??gw?d??k?nv??se??n] in English will

It's uncommon that many students who are bad English can write English perfectly. This means that they can’t 表达

)their idea in English,because they are 7

弱)in practice and confidence.

Why should you be afraid? Are you in fear of the native speakers who you are think with? Don't be shy, You won’t

81.___________ 82.___________ 83.___________ 84.___________ 85.___________

86.___________ 87.___________ 88.___________ 89.___________ 90.___________

第四节 书面表达(共15分)

91.水是生命之源,但随着工业的发展,如今水污染日益严重,请你根据以下提示,写一篇90词左右的短文,谈谈水的重要性,以及存在的问题,并呼吁节约用水,保护水资源。

要求: 2.文章必须包含内容提示中的所有要点,词书为90词左右,可适当发挥,开头和结尾已给,不计入总次数。

Water is very important to human beings.________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ If we didn’t save water,the last drop of water would be our tear drop.Let’s try our best to save water.

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:2016-2017学年延安中学第一学期初三期中考英语试卷 word版本
  • 下一篇:2016学年第一学期预备年级英语答题纸