吉林第55中学2016-2017学年度高一上学期期中考试英语试题(word版

2016-2017上学期高一英语期中考试题

满分120分

第一部分:基本技能:满分 60分

Ⅰ阅读理解,(满分 40分 每小题2分)

A Dr. Black put on a false smile(假笑) as she entered Janet’s hospital room. She couldn’t let Janet see that she was worried. Yet she had been searching for the cause of Janet’s illness and hadn’t found a clue.

“How are you feeling today?” Dr. Black asked her patient. Janet replied that she felt about the same —terribly uncomfortable.

The doctor tried to get Janet’s mind off her health by talking about Janet’s vacation at Lake Winnow. But Dr. Black couldn’t keep her own mind on the conversation. She kept wondering what could be wrong with her patient.

Suddenly Janet’s words stopped Dr. Black’s thoughts: “… the vacation was really perfect, except for the food. The last meal I ate was especially terrible.”

Dr. Black quickly came back to the talk, “Janet, when did you eat that meal?” Janet said that it had been the day before yesterday.

“I think we’ve discovered your problem,” Dr. Black said as she left. Several hours later, Dr. Black was back with the answer. “Janet, the food you ate made you ill. You’re suffering from food poisoning. Now that we know what’s wrong, we can take care of your problem.”

1.What made Janet sick?

A. an insect (昆虫) biteB. bad foodC. bad water D. cold weather

2.. Where did Janet go on her vacation?

A. She took a trip to the city. B. She went camping in the mountains.

C. She spent a week at the seashore. D. She took a trip to a lake.

3. What is the main idea of the story?

A. A doctor discovers what made Janet sick. B. Dr. Black becomes ill.

C. Janet goes on vacation. D. A doctor talks to Janet in the hospital.

4. What would happen to Janet shortly after? She would ________.

A. be worse B. be OK C. die D. be angry with the doctor

B

One day, Wilbur Smith was enjoying the jacket(书套)of his latest book on a flight to America when the middle-aged man in the next seat asked, “I see you read Wilbur Smith. What do you think of him?”

“I think he is clever and successful.” replied Wilbur. “Well, the guy is a friend of mine,” said his neighbour proudly.

“Oh, really?” said Wilbur.

“Not only that, but I’m the model for one of his heroes”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah. Would you like his signature(签名)?”

“Could you arrange that?” asked Wilbur.

“Sure. Give me your card.”

Wilbur handed over his business card, and the man carefully put it in his top pocket. Not

surprisingly, Wilbur didn’t hear from his “friend” after that.

5. Wilbur Smith went to America ________ that day.

A. by air B. by train C. in a car D. on a coach

6. According to the passage, we know that Wilbur Smith is __________.

A. a teacher B. a businessman C. a writer D. reporter

7. The middle-aged man in the passage is ____________.

A. a stranger to Wilbur B. a friend of Wilbur’s

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
    园林史名词解释
  • 上一篇:福建省一级达标高中名单
  • 下一篇:《森林中的绅士》导学案