2016英语每天小测试

物探六分校2015—2016学年第二学期周小测0325

班级__________姓名_____________组别___________得分___________

A(16’)

For high school leavers starting out in the working world,it is very important to learn particular skills and practice how to behave in an interview.In some countries,schools have programs to help students onto the path to work.In the Unites States,however,such programs are still few and far between.

Research shows that if high schools provide career-related courses,students are likely to get higher earnings in later years.The students are more likely to stay in school,graduate and go on to higher education.

In Germany,students as young as 13 and 14 are expected to do internships.German companies work with schools to make sure that young people get the education they need for future employment.

But in America, education reform programs focus on how well students do in exams instead of bringing them into contact with the working world.Harvard Education school professor Robert Schwartz has criticized education reformers for trying to place all graduates directly on the four-year college track.Schwartz argued that this approach leaves the country’s most vulnerable(易受影响的)kids with no jobs and no skills.

Schwartz believed that the best career programs encourage kids to go for higher education while also teaching them valuable practical skills at high sch001.James Madison High School in New York,for example,encourages students to choose classes on career—based courses.The school then helps them gain on—the-job experience in those fields while they’re still at high school. However,even for teens whose schools encourage them to connect with work,the job market is .In the US,unemployment rates for 16-to 19-year-olds are above 20 percent for the third summer in a row.

“The risk is that if teenagers miss out on the Summer job experience,they become part of this generation of teens who had trouble in landing a job,”said Michael,a researcher in the US. 1.In the author’s opinion.American high school leavers__________.

A.have enough career-related courses B.need more career advice from their schools C.perform better in exams than German students D.can get higher earnings in later years 2.According to Robert Schwartz,_________.

A.there is no need for kids to go for higher education in the US B.students should get contact with the working world at high school

C.education reform should focus on students’ performance in exams D.teenagers in the US can’t miss out on the summer job experience 3.What’s the main idea of the text? A.Arguments about recent US education reform.B.Tips on finding jobs for high school leavers. C.The lack of career—based courses in US high schools. D.Advice for American high school leavers.

4.The underlined word “daunting” in Paragraph 6 most probably means___________. A.discouragingB.interestingC.creativeD.unbearable

B

How many times have you got upset because someone wasn't doing his job,because your child isn't behaving?How many times have you been irritated (恼怒的) when you've planned something carefully and things didn't go as you'd hoped?

This kind of anger and irritation happens to all of us—it’s part of the human experiences.

One thing that irritates me is when people talk during a movie,or cut me off in traffic. Actually,I have a lot of these little annoyances—don't we all?And it isn’t always easy to find peace when you’ve become upset or irritated.

See,the cause of our stress,anger and irritation is that things don't go the way we like,the way we expect them to. Think of how many times this has been true for you. And so the solution is simple:expect things to go wrong,expect things to be different than we hoped or planned,expect the unexpected to happen. And accept it.

One quick example:on our recent trip to Japan,I told my kids to expect things to go wrong—they always do on a trip. I told them,“See it as part of the adventure.”

And this worked like a charm. When we inevitably (不可避免地) took the wrong train on a foreign-language subway system,or when it rained on the day we went to Disney Sea,or when we took three trains and walked 10 blocks only to find the National Children's Castle closed on Mondays...they said,“It's part of the adventure!” And it was all OK—we didn't get too bothered. So when the nice glass you bought inevitably falls and breaks some day,you might get upset. But things will be different, if you see the glass as already broken,from the day you get it. You know it'll break some day, so from the beginning,see it as already broken. Be a time-traveler,or someone with time-traveling vision, and see the future of this glass, from this moment until it inevitably breaks. And when it breaks,you won't be upset or sad—because it was already broken,from the day you got it. And you’ll realize that every moment you have with it is precious.

5.The purpose of the author is to________.

A. tell us his own experience in life B. advise us how to find peace of mind C. tell us a happy trip he took with his children D. ask us to see things from both sides 6.By the underlined part (in Para.4),the author tells us? to________.

A. get ready for the worst result of things B. enjoy the process of things C. expect little from life D. find the relationship between cause and effect 7.The author’s children could enjoy their trip to Japan because________.

A. everything went smoothly B. they had a lot of adventures C. they had expected things to go wrong D. they could soon get used to the customs there 8.We can learn from the passage that the author________.

A. often gets angry in his life B. can adjust his state of mind accordingly C. always expects others to act in his way? D. always suffers from his anger and irritation 二 完形填空(30’)

At the age of forty-five,my usually well-ordered life became full of changes. After twenty

-two years of working in a __36____, a plan to use less staff __37____ the unemployment of over

one hundred people, I being one of them.

My once secure future became __38__.However,I was not a single parent, _39___ the family

did not depend only on my income. My motto has always been,“change is good,change is

progress,”but when it __40__ my livelihood(生计),I had to change it to,“__41___ change and

make the most of it.”From the beginning,I __42___ to look at this matter not as ___43__ luck,

but as a welcome chance.I refused to become sorry;___44__,I actively planned to do something new and different. Having a positive attitude made all the __45__ in the way I pursued (追求)the future.First,I

decided to __46__ to college and graduate many years later than I should. Doing this at my age took more than a little__47___.Not being a graduate had__48__ held me back in my career in the

bank,but now it was a personal goal I longed to__49___ .With a lot of determination,I went to

evening classes and became an adult __50____ .In the class, I became more and more confident.

During this time,I _51___ that no matter what life throws our way,personal growth never stops. The second thing I did to improve my inner self was to reevaluate my __52__ life.It used to be filled with endless,and sometimes meaningless events.But now,my heart and life are completely around people I__53___ .

The loss of my job led to some __54___changes in my life.Revisiting the past made __55___ for the future.I realize that I have accepted the change,and am making the most of it.

36. A. factory B. company C. bank D. school 37. A. set aside B. led to C. made up D. took off 38. A. clear B. bright C. boring D. uncertain

39. A. so B. or C. if D. but 40. A. destroyed B. improved C. affected D. offered 41. A. Make B. Accept C. Bring D. Collect

42. A. chose B. considered C. happened D. pretended 43. A. special B. rare C. bad D. good 44. A. besides B. instead C. anyway D. however

45. A. difference B. decision C. effort D. use 46. A. attend B. turn C. return D. admit? 47. A. time B. risk C. chance D. courage

48. A. sometimes B. ever C. always D. never 49. A. find B. arrive C. achieve D. discover 50. A. student B. teacher C. manager D. monitor 51. A. hoped B. realized C. believed D. suggested 52. A. new B. daily C. future D. past 53. A. care for B. join in C. stand for D. look at 54. A. normal B. positive C. confident D. unsure 55. A. change B. progress C. room D. promise 三 语法填空 (4’) 1. Sam has been appointed manager of the department to take _____ place of George.

2. It was sad to me that they, so poor themselves, _______ bring me food. 3. The famous musician ______ (invite) to perform at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Taipei

Flower Expo. 4. In the reading room, we found him seated at a desk, with his attention ____(fix)on a book

www.99jianzhu.com/包含内容:建筑图纸、PDF/word/ppt 流程,表格,案例,最新,免费下载,施工方案、工程书籍、建筑论文、合同表格、标准规范、CAD图纸等内容。

TOP最近更新内容

园林史名词解释
    长城小学关爱留守儿童工作制度
  • 上一篇:人物性格特征描写
  • 下一篇:九年级政治全册 第六课 第一框 人民当家作主的法治国家教案4 新